Ask me your NDA breaking questions!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shields can block everything,even spells thought not sure is that intended feature.Basically they pretty good

There is guard skill aswell,you guard the person and he only get hit by 50% of the damage meanwhile you getting rest.

it's intended.

Willpower improves your chance to Disrupt spells
Initiative improves your chance to Dodge ranged attacks.
Weapon skill improves your chance to Parry melee attacks.

Block works against all three :) Hold the line!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
sorry for the small bump, didn't want to start a whole new thread!

Is there an account vault keeper kind of thing, where you can easily transfer money/loot to an alt?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
There's a working mail system, so you can mail cash/items to alts.
The (guild)vault I haven't seen operational yet, neither the auctioneer.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Don't think there's any insta rezzes, but there isnt any wear or tear on items at all.

Also they said that there would be no housing implemented into game.

Resurrects Shamans have an ability to ress someone but they cannot be stopped. I think it's instant, however the shaman is stunned for 3 seconds after.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Also with topped High Magic / Mork & Gork you can insta cast any spell, including a rez.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Dat Makes Me Dizzy Healing
Core Ability Level 40

1 Slot Career Tactic No range
Passive No cooldown
Your can now resurrect allies instantly, but you are stunned for 3 seconds after casting.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Also, the shaman has a instant pbaoe rezz (30feet range) from morale (rank 4)

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any difference in being in a Warband than having one grp? for instance do grp buffs work in the the warband etc?

Sorry if I'm being a bit late with this one, but sitll: one of the main points with being in a warband is that you share all experience, loot and influence gained. Also, some quests like "kill 10 rats" or "gather 10 rat-tails" then each kill will count for every player in the warband, no matter who kills the rat.

Compare to wow where you could not do normal quests while you were in a raid group. Here you can!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
are you sure that works for the warband and not just everyone in your group in the warband?

Didn't notice it but can't say I tested it (or even thought about it)...

Excellent if it's true - means the standard HG group won't have to have one person sat getting almost no xp ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
great thread, lots of info i enjoyed reading through. one thing that i'm surprised hasn't been asked - anyone have a rough idea how long 1-40 will take? :>

Mellon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin: Actually, most of the time I was in a warband I had such a great time killing things, so I didn't actually "test" how xp etc was shared. But if it was divided over only the party it would be so vasty unfair to the poor buggers who got put into the "healer squad". I am however pretty sure I get credit for kills done by any member of the wb. It is very visible when I have a killingquest on a mob that is also part of a PQ.

Exsdee: most people suggest about 200 hours for an average player. There are _very_ big possibilities for variations. There are a lot of not very xp-giving but fun things to do, such as roaming the world looking for hidden places and tome unlocks. And in the first hour you can easily break lvl 5 if you are a competent mmo-player. Just do the quests and don't enjoy the world.

I did lvl 31 -> 33 on a pretty relaxed gaming saturday on my chosen. So I actually think I could get 1-40 done in less then 150 hours. But I will not rush this through. the endgame will hang around, even if it takes me a week longer to get there and the world is so full of strange things and excellently written texts.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Been hearing humors they lowered exp gains alot on the newest patch,but rumors are rumors.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Been hearing humors they lowered exp gains alot on the newest patch,but rumors are rumors.

Sounds normal for an MMO when it's about to get released as they don't want their customers lvling to quick :)

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
whats the baf system like? does only one mob come if you pull from a camp or does it do it wow style and everything in a 2 mile radius come at you?

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
whats the baf system like? does only one mob come if you pull from a camp or does it do it wow style and everything in a 2 mile radius come at you?

In beta it was just one mob at a time, from my experiance anyway.

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie

Most of the time it was one and one. Tho at times they baf´d, most of the times you can easily spot if the mobs are linked or not.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Yea mobs would normally be standing alone but in most areas a group of 3 would be walking around aswell.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Flimgoblin: Actually, most of the time I was in a warband I had such a great time killing things, so I didn't actually "test" how xp etc was shared. But if it was divided over only the party it would be so vasty unfair to the poor buggers who got put into the "healer squad". I am however pretty sure I get credit for kills done by any member of the wb. It is very visible when I have a killingquest on a mob that is also part of a PQ.

Exsdee: most people suggest about 200 hours for an average player. There are _very_ big possibilities for variations. There are a lot of not very xp-giving but fun things to do, such as roaming the world looking for hidden places and tome unlocks. And in the first hour you can easily break lvl 5 if you are a competent mmo-player. Just do the quests and don't enjoy the world.

I did lvl 31 -> 33 on a pretty relaxed gaming saturday on my chosen. So I actually think I could get 1-40 done in less then 150 hours. But I will not rush this through. the endgame will hang around, even if it takes me a week longer to get there and the world is so full of strange things and excellently written texts.

Cool, I'll maybe try and run a proper test come live just to confirm what gets shared (if it's just quest credit, or if you get a split of the xp/rp as well)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
great thread, lots of info i enjoyed reading through. one thing that i'm surprised hasn't been asked - anyone have a rough idea how long 1-40 will take? :>

for a casual solo player who just plays the game and explores and tries out diff stuff, 200 ish hours could be realistic.

dedicated guilds who plan ahead will probably be able to field level 40`s by the end of the headstart.

We managed to do level 37 - 40 in about 5 hours with 4 people in the slayer keep in kadrin doing AE grinding.

so, for a TEAM who knows what they are doing, it might be done in less than 40 hours with some mind numbingly boring AE grinding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom