Hull officially worst place to live in UK?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Good news that, i'm going to Hull Uni in Sept. :eek:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Garaen said:
Good news that, i'm going to Hull Uni in Sept. :eek:

o_O me too, what you studying? :D

(doing chemistry hopefully myself :D )

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Planning on doing English with Creative Writing which is obviously dependent on my A level grade results on the 18th. :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm from Hull :( (originally- sort of). Pretty dubious about the survey tbh; Hull's not as bad as its painted, although I have to admit its been a while since I've been back. Nottingham (no.2 worst) is actually a very nice place; Hackney (no.4 worst) is fekkin' awful in places, but is 'gentrifying' like crazy and is very nice in some parts. Fair play about Salford though (no.9), While I loved my time at Uni there, it is pretty grim.

And as for the 'best' places; Ashford in Kent? (No.4), you've got to be kidding. Epsom (no.1) is full of chavs (or worse, middle-class chav wannabees), and City of Westminster (no.2) ain't all that if you don't have millions in the bank (I know, I've lived in that borough).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hull has some beautiful surrounding countryside, Lincolnshire and the like are utterly beautiful. Not sure that list is worthwhile tbh.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I live just across the river from Hull, and whilst it does have its shitty parts (Brandsholme is S_C_A_R_Y) the center and outlying area is nice.

Tom is right, Lincolnshire is fecking lovely, just wayyyyyy to flat :( (although Hull isnt actually in Linclonshire /pedant)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's based on crime, education and health. Not the beauty of the countryside.

Will

/bin/su
Scotland isn't in the UK, apparently. Hence it wasn't included in the best or worst place lists.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hmmm not sure about this, I've never been to Hull but I've been to Nottingham and it seemed well nice, I can think of about 5 worse towns within a 20 mile radius of where I live (Cannock, Burslem, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Leek spring to mind off the top of me head).

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I always thought Nottingham was a very nice place, and the people always very friendly.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
depends whereabouts in Nottingham you go, but on the whole it is nice, plus there is also the women - men ratio ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wolverhampton is indeed a shithole Bodhi - I'd rather live, well... anywhere else, to be honest.

I never knew you were under 20 miles away from here... which part of the lovely west midlands do you live in?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Omorof, Garaen, either of you know Sam Richardson then?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Can't say i do Sharma, but i havn't actually moved there yet, got to wait until September 10th (ish)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
Omorof, Garaen, either of you know Sam Richardson then?

same as garaen, wont be moving until september :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
I live in West Oxon and it's crap. Great if you're a pensioner though, I'm sure.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I going to have to agree with Hackney's rating, I've just moved out of that area and one reason was it's slow decline into lawlessness, not that it was a very nice place to start with.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Only been to Hull once, my mom went to Uni there, I seem to remember the whole place smelling of fish .. which is nice

Bodhi

caLLous said:
Wolverhampton is indeed a shithole Bodhi - I'd rather live, well... anywhere else, to be honest.

I never knew you were under 20 miles away from here... which part of the lovely west midlands do you live in?

I live in the wonderful market town of Stone halfway between Stoke and Stafford where everyone knows everyone, people stay in relationships 4 times as long as they really should and nothing ever happens. I suppose it's a nice place to live, if you like that sorta thing. I don't and want to get back to Scotland as soon as possible.....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bodhi said:
I live in the wonderful market town of Stone halfway between Stoke and Stafford where everyone knows everyone, people stay in relationships 4 times as long as they really should and nothing ever happens. I suppose it's a nice place to live, if you like that sorta thing. I don't and want to get back to Scotland as soon as possible.....

Oh My God. I'll be in Stone tomorrow night. CJRavey (formerly of this parish) lives there (some of the time).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bods you should come down to Wolves for a night out - the drinks will be cheap (read: free :)) and if you make it through the night without being bottled and/or shot at then you're doing good. :>

Bodhi

Oooh free drinks? Does your club have any DnB nights? :D

Oh and DaGaffer nooo dont do it. Stone sucks. Loads of totty though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No there's no dnb. :eek:
Commercial pap only I'm afraid! :D (house, dance, trance, rnb - although less rnb since the shooting, heh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom