Greetings from Merlin

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
1) 4 'healing' classes in a balanced group compared to alb 2.
Correct, and though the amount of _real_ healers are the same, mid/hib has "extra" healers, which can help in a pinch.

2) Both easy access to desease/nearsight
Change.
Your.
Group.

3) Both easy access to 6 resists which are often yellow-red compared to the 3 yellow/blue in alb.
Use Friar, or have one cleric spec 40enh 35rej

4) Dmg output of tanks BM & savage compared to Merc alot higher.
Savage, ye ofc, but they rule melee anywhoo.
Bm vs merc (alot higher?) ye ok, wanna show me some proof of that or can I just say stuff like WIZARDS DO MORA DAMGE DEN RM*S!!111 ?

5) Dmg output of mages way higher because of the alb resists access.
The difference isnt that much, its an advantage ofc, but its not that bad.

6) Insta (interrupt) spells vs the 0 in alb.
yep

7) Imbalance of Masterlevels
Ye, post toa alb is majorly fuxxored especially ml wise(in general too), noones denying that i hope.

The fact that all those 'skilled' players never agree with eachother on the 'best possible albgroup' just shows how hard it is.

And there is now(post toa) a Set in Stone way to build mid/hib groups? (yes you have the basics in a group, but you have that in alb too, though not as many classes) I dont think so.

Call it a cry or whatever. I call it Facts
It is a cry, how justified it is can be argued.
Yes alb is below par post toa(in fg v fg fights), much more then i think they ever have been. Like fluid said, daoc was balanced more then it ever has been in 1.65 (or will be i guess).
Luckily for alb, who has always struggled to get the needed basics into a group of 8, zerg is now= teh winzor. No more sending 200 ppl to lord in bled to die to 8 ppl :p

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

fh fu ty

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
newsflash(not really): hib/mid groupsetups and group abilities > albion setups.

Hib and mid are skilled, albs suck. That statement is completely wrong since it's impossible for that to apply to all servers.

THERE IS AN ANOMALY IN THE VARIOUS REALMS GROUPSETUP.

GET IT.

If you are still convinced that hib/mid continuing beating alb fg's of similar rr is because of the inherent greater skill in that realm: GET OVER YOURSELF! STOP FLATTERING YOURSELF!

Fucking hell, is that so hard to understand?

majik

Banned
enigma said:
Hib and mid are skilled, albs suck. That statement is completely wrong since it's impossible for that to apply to all servers.

Hibs and Mids have higher utility classes, for example healers and bards apposed to albion classes take the cleric for example, which heals and stuns now and again.

You need a lot more skill to play a higher utility class no? So there is a little truth in the above quote.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
no making do without the utility (2 spread heals not 3, no disease, no insta cc, etc) takes more skill than easy mode

read what aussie wrote about ppl sticking with Albion or talk to the few that did and see what they say

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
Keeptakes is FUN!!! best part is when there are so many ppl in the same area that you can't move because of all the lag.
Thats the one and only reason i play this game and that is what will make NF so great!!!

majik

Banned
Albs do have low utility classes and tbh I've played there and mids and hibs do have quite an advantage over albs due to it, but when albs run in 2fg thru Odin's and they still get their arses handed to them, thats 16 spots surely theres enough utility with 16 people to kill a fg of mids?

And btw while we talking about albs being so hard done to, if you've been nerfed 'that' much why do you still have the majority of players in emain when its primetime rvr?

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Active rvr population ? Dont think its anything like those stats tbh. Hibs are well capable of putting decent numbers out - maybe not as consistently as albs or mids but they aint as badly off as you would have us believe ;)

So answer me the following:
- Why 1fg hibs get zerged by 3-4fg albs at 2-3 o'clock in the morning on working days?
- If we decide the run with 2-3fg and kill an alb zerg of about 4-5fg. Why are albs coming back with 8-10fg and hib "zerg" almost stays the same (we dont get reinforcements even if we ask on alliance chat)?
- Why do hibs always have the fewest numbers in hugh battles/keep takes. Personally I've never had a really massive battle whith more hibs and mids or albs.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
newsflash(not really): hib/mid groupsetups and group abilities > albion setups.

THERE IS AN ANOMALY IN THE VARIOUS REALMS GROUPSETUP.

GET IT.

If you are still convinced that hib/mid continuing beating alb fg's of similar rr is because of the inherent greater skill in that realm: GET OVER YOURSELF! STOP FLATTERING YOURSELF!

Fucking hell, is that so hard to understand?
- Tranquil Twilight, Scout
- Loud Music, Minstrel
says enuff :x

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
So answer me the following:
- Why 1fg hibs get zerged by 3-4fg albs at 2-3 o'clock in the morning on working days?
- If we decide the run with 2-3fg and kill an alb zerg of about 4-5fg. Why are albs coming back with 8-10fg and hib "zerg" almost stays the same (we dont get reinforcements even if we ask on alliance chat)?
- Why do hibs always have the fewest numbers in hugh battles/keep takes. Personally I've never had a really massive battle whith more hibs and mids or albs.

Seen the other side on all those scenarios, many many times, in both Emain and Odins. Hibs may not consistently have the numbers, but this idea that you are never able to match alb numbers is just nonsense. No one denies they are the smallest realm, but trying to make out that you arent well capable of putting the numbers out when it suits you is laughable. And if you've seriously never seen massive battles when hibs outnumber albs then I guess you either have sight issues or havent played much :D Besides, my original post was about the complaints on alb classes having range advantage in NF (hoho still makes me chuckle), not about the population differences ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
if you've been nerfed 'that' much why do you still have the majority of players in emain when its primetime rvr?

Not everyone rerolls to the latest FOTM realm every couple of patches ;)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
you are very clueless. think about what u say m8 ;)

what Aussie says is pretty much bang on.
i`m clueless noob with no experience in rvr whatsever.
now when your epeen has got +1 can i point you to the fact that
friar is very viable group member in NF.
resists are must, tanks rarely spec high det in NF. endurance regen is nice, but not critical for
2 sorc/2 caba/mincer/friar/2cleric group
Yes, no pallie. But how will he help against mostly caster groups running in NF.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Gorre said:
- Tranquil Twilight, Scout
- Loud Music, Minstrel
says enuff :x

Yeah, my lvl 31 minstrel that I'll never xp to 50 is a sign of fotm. I'm a scout and have always been.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
1) 4 'healing' classes in a balanced group compared to alb 2.
2) Both easy access to desease/nearsight
3) Both easy access to 6 resists which are often yellow-red compared to the 3 yellow/blue in alb.
4) Dmg output of tanks BM & savage compared to Merc alot higher.
5) Dmg output of mages way higher because of the alb resists access.
6) Insta (interrupt) spells vs the 0 in alb.
7) Imbalance of Masterlevels
8) Insta (aoe cc) spells vs the 0 in alb.

and umm

"4) Dmg output of tanks BM & savage compared to Merc alot higher."

BM not higher at all, the mechanics of DW/CD are identical, BM got a more useful and slightly more dmging side chain, merc got a good front and rear (if slash) positional. So all it comes down to is Triple Wield, which is nice but hardly any different from EB which is commonly found in alb grps and 'up' 24/7, not just once every 7mins. TW stacks with every other dmg add tho so it has the potential to be alot more painful... but hibs gotta spec for EB and they don't :wub:

Savage is still broken to fuck tho ya :kissit:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
oh one more thing

9) powergamers roll hib or mid, cos they know the score.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
Hibs and Mids have higher utility classes, for example healers and bards apposed to albion classes take the cleric for example, which heals and stuns now and again.

You need a lot more skill to play a higher utility class no? So there is a little truth in the above quote.

No, you do not need alot more skill. If albion had such a class don't you think we would have used it? Are you saying that we would have utilized it wrong or not as well as a hib or mid player? On what grounds can you say that? NONE! There's no hold in a statement that says that an "albion" player will be worse than a "hibernian". They are sides in computergame. To say that one side is smarter than the other is like arguements in a sandbox in a kindergarten and utter speculation.

The fact that you have a set of useful abilities on fewer classes makes it easier to form balanced groups that have more utility than the alb counterparts. A mid FG with 3 healers is a perfect example, if you do no wish to realize that then /shrug.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

fh fu ty
no matter how you twist and turn it, mid has 3 spreadhealers mr noclue easymode.

vintervargen

Banned
how long did it take for albion to get a sorc that specced mind?

which alb groups ever used sos offensive?

which clerics use smite for interrupt only, and save their stun for mocs?

which clerics is able to 1shot-smite a grey con druid pet before it reaches them?

which ministrels do more in a fight then /stick druid dd dd stun hit hit hit hit ... repeat?

how many sorcs run in the back of alb groups, and unsticks at inc?

how many clerics unstick at inc?

how many alb players pan view constantly?

when did alb start to use theurgists?

why didnt alb run full tank groups before toa when sos was instawin for assisttrains, and bof instawin against assisttrains?

the list just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps going my friends.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
no matter how you twist and turn it, mid has 3 spreadhealers mr noclue easymode.

awwww, poor mister SQUARE PEG IN ROUND HOLE, dont fit? PUSH HARDER!!!!!!!111

Tried any other setup yet or still crying that your tanktrain gets grappled?

ye mid has 3 spreadhealers, theres no denying that. I just forgot it when i typed that _all_ realms had 2 mainhealers in group. But here, for you ill say it:

Mid has 3 spreadhealers.

happy? or gonna find sumt else to whine about?

and aussie, like konah said, and like i pointed out. Where the fucking hell do you have it from that bm's>>>>>>>>>mercs? (like you said it?)

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock said:
Well, I dont know which classes albs roll exactly,
but its pretty obvious that you need MORE CLERICS.
When I was on Prydwen, our guild had very few active clerics (one of them was well known to everyone Knudden, who was rr7 before he dinged lvl 50 on his cleric, and now he is rr11 druid).

It's easier said then done. The demand on cleric seems really low in PvE. And soloing a cleric (Even if smite spec) is really not much fun. I can stay flagged for over 4 hours LFG and not get a group. I think most groups now go for the "Spanish-Theory" you just fill the group up with paladins and go exp. You dont need clerics. (Asuming they are using buffbots)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Vintervagen i see you are a noob who cant read a figth..... those things you mention happen everyday....

first i wantet to answer each of your questions ... but tbh it is waste of time if you play this game so bad that you cant identify enemy class's and see what they do ..

do you RvR at all or are you just a forum troll ?

Filip
Theug in HB

Aussie

Banned
why answer on a board full of retards like vinter & arnor.
Its so funny they always seem to blame the albs playstyle. None of those 7 points i summed up has anything to do with playstyle. Both melee & magic dmg is higher, both you healing capacity is better, you MLs and negative effects. but ye lets start about the sorcer who has a piece of junk class until 1.58 where they improved the mind line or the theur which got improved in 1.62 with better pets, longer duration of pets and longer range.

thank god nobody takes vinter serious, just another forum/irc muppet with a big mouth
why don't you both ebay an alb acc and come show us how to win m8 :cheers:

didn't you both went from Mid to Hib? m8's there is a 3rd realm too, why didn't you come here, I'm sure you could have thaught us so so much.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
so many ppl tryed move to alb all gave up... i lost count on the PM's from other server/realm "gank guild" GM's who told me they where Exping their "elitzor" gank group atm and wantet an /As to join...

never ever did those groups pass rr4...

vintervargen

Banned
heh, im playing sorc on camlann atm, cant believe the utility that class have.

as for rvr, i would say my FG vs FG experience is about 1032524524^2345252 greater then yours. together.

if i knew how toa would be, i would have tried to convince rr to start alb instead.

Aussie

Banned
Arnor said:
and aussie, like konah said, and like i pointed out. Where the fucking hell do you have it from that bm's>>>>>>>>>mercs?

Unbuffed dmg output BM>Merc.
Use a charge if you want same dmg add like theurs provide.
And i'm sure our Mercs would like a 9 sec stun too.

Aussie

Banned
vintervargen said:
as for rvr, i would say my FG vs FG experience is about 1032524524^2345252 greater then yours. together.
last time i checked I had 10.000.000+ rps. on my account (selfmade :worthy: )
and those didn't came from warderfarming :eek:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
last time i checked I had 10.000.000+ rps. on my account (selfmade :worthy: )
and those didn't came from warderfarming :eek:

No, they came from leeching. All Albs actually leech from eachother. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom