Greetings from Merlin

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
do you consider yourself skilled when you beat a balanced albgroup? :eek:
I do.
The problem is that most albs dont try to do balanced group.
Instead of rolling more clerics you roll countless infils/scouts/mincers/reavers/pallies/necroes and other crap.
Its so easy to stick Outlaw/Zoyster, move to amg/mmg, camp for 1-2 hours, get wiped, and whine about mid/hib overpowerness afterwards.

Aussie said:
lol @ you irl m8.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares2.jpg

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
NF will take away radar and put things closer to keeps where the zergs aren't as easily farmable.

Thus the gankers will whine and go to camlann, leaving the server to be fought over in interesting sieges rather than running around in circles in emain.

Emain is dead, long live the frontier.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
What it all boils down to is

In the old game Hibs > Albs, but the Albs kept playing.

But in the new game Albs > Hibs, but the Hibs whined and quit playing because the game was no longer easy for them to play.

:m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock said:
I do.
Instead of rolling more clerics you roll countless infils/scouts/mincers/reavers/pallies/necroes and other crap.
Its so easy to stick Outlaw/Zoyster, move to amg/mmg, camp for 1-2 hours, get wiped, and whine about mid/hib overpowerness afterwards.

People still believe this crap? :eek6:

Can't wait for the next installment of Warlock's Little Standup Routine(TM) :eek:

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
"In the old game Hibs > Albs, but the Albs kept playing.

But in the new game Albs > Hibs, but the Hibs whined and quit playing because the game was no longer easy for them to play."

I don't think you quite grasp the concept of what I've been saying.

In the old game, Hibs > Albs, but you could still go to emain everyday and it had zero effect on gameplay, and I assume you mean Alb zerg there, because Alb groups are able to put together very decent Gank groups.

Decent enuff that it comes down to the skill of the players and not overpowered classes.

In NF the zerg simply overpowers you.

Albion whines in this thread have been amusing, you talk about how Hib/Mid have dominated you but allow me to show you an example of how that doesn't work in NF

Lets say there is a Relic raid on Albion in OF, Mids/hibs both bring 100 people into your frontier and Albions wipe em eventually at say the relic, They then block off the mile gates and retake there keeps.

You're looking at maybe 1 day at most.

After this everyone goes back to the usual deathmatch that is Emain for a while till the next relic raid.

In NF however

Every day is a relic raid if someone gets a keep in your frontier.

think of having to defend against 100 invaders 24/7..

Think of doing a Relic raid and having it last 10 straight days.

That is where a population advantage comes in.

If you have more people, you can keep the zerg going and take down the opposition.

And alot of times you do need a zerg, None of you on the Euro servers have yet run into the enjoy of attacking a tower/keep with 10+ archers in it (or scouts with all 3 str relics)

As for your population
Albion
6,769 (+53) (39.5%)

Hibernia
4,496 (+21) (26.2%)

Midgard
5,883 (+19) (34.3%)

You can see population is similar to yours

Trust me when I say albion will dominate NF on Euro servers

Its just the way NF is setup

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:
Trust me when I say albion will dominate NF on Euro servers
Yes,
but since neither mids nor hibs like zergs,
we'll just unite:wub: to crush albion :twak:, and the problem is solved :flame:.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
xsorus - at the moment the only relic raids on excal involve either about 5fg of people engaging guards, or 80 people at 6 in the morning...

(someone mentioned some power relics too sometime ago... not sure what they were talking about ;) something that hib owns)

If you want to be able to just completley ignore the realm versus realm bit to go pwn in a battleground (old style bg4 = emain ;) people camping pks and occasionally a half arsed fight over dun crauchoon) then go roll bg toons... or run around with yer fg and kill groups ignoring the towers keeps etc. since that's pretty much what OF is - so you might not have the relics anymore? alb/excal has been without any for any reasonable period of time for months.

the fact that every day is a relic offence/defence is what makes NF much cooler ;) it's RvR, not pvp in emain.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:
I don't think you quite grasp the concept of what I've been saying.

Because we are laughing, doesn't mean we don't grasp it ;)

Xsorus-Merlin said:
None of you on the Euro servers have yet run into the enjoy of attacking a tower/keep with 10+ archers in it (or scouts with all 3 str relics)

It would appear that you dont grasp the hypocrasy of this argument. We've had to put up with fighting hib pbaoe groups with all 3 power relics (relics that were basically theirs to keep) and savage groups with all 3 strength relics (which they gained through alarmclocks and retained thanks to shitty servers) for a long time now. In NF it seems it is our classes which finally become powerful again and you are crying about it. We've waited for the tide to turn for far too long, and now it has your tears are like drops of piss in an ocean :D

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock said:
I do.

People reroll to classes they believe they will have success in.

FG rvr in Albion is having a hard time (not impossible, but hard).

Stealthers are a success in Albion, even without relics.

PVE-bots (like necros and pallies) are allways in demand to ensure high plat income and access to better items. Bufbots are likewise allways in demand for obvious reasons.

Ask youself where those people who enjoy FG rvr are going. You will see a trend that they are moving away from Albion. You dont see any rvr guilds move to Albion. I will eat my hat if Nolby or Dem hibbies moved to Alb-Excal. Its not gonna happen.

And finally, how are you so sure about what people are rolling in Albion? I see many Spirit-Cabalists and Body-Sorcerers coming up these days. Clearly those rerollers are aiming at debuff groups.

How can you miss all these facts? It makes your statement pretty clueless.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Claudius said:
And finally, how are you so sure about what people are rolling in Albion?
Well, I dont know which classes albs roll exactly,
but its pretty obvious that you need MORE CLERICS.
When I was on Prydwen, our guild had very few active clerics (one of them was well known to everyone Knudden, who was rr7 before he dinged lvl 50 on his cleric, and now he is rr11 druid).

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
xsorus - at the moment the only relic raids on excal involve either about 5fg of people engaging guards, or 80 people at 6 in the morning...

(someone mentioned some power relics too sometime ago... not sure what they were talking about ;) something that hib owns)

If you want to be able to just completley ignore the realm versus realm bit to go pwn in a battleground (old style bg4 = emain ;) people camping pks and occasionally a half arsed fight over dun crauchoon) then go roll bg toons... or run around with yer fg and kill groups ignoring the towers keeps etc. since that's pretty much what OF is - so you might not have the relics anymore? alb/excal has been without any for any reasonable period of time for months.

the fact that every day is a relic offence/defence is what makes NF much cooler ;) it's RvR, not pvp in emain.
That's the source of whine on US.
Constant relic-defence.
Say at prime time its possible to master 70ish people hib zerg + gank fg or 2 running around.
Mids can field 100ish + gank fg.
Albs 150 + 2 gank fgs.
Its all ok while numbers stay the same, but people have to go to sleep etc.
So in the end of the day we have 4-5 fg albs running around when there are like fg of hibs/mids left. Ofcause they take all they want and hibs/mids whine.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock said:
I do.

Really? Hmmm wonder why no one ever thought about this fantastic idea, ill be sure to mention this at sauvage pad tonight mate, im sure everyone will be as amazed as me at your words of wisdom. :m00:

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Really? Hmmm wonder why no one ever thought about this fantastic idea, ill be sure to mention this at sauvage pad tonight mate, im sure everyone will be as amazed as me at your words of wisdom. :m00:
problem with albion- they typically use 2 characters to do job of one in hib/mid.
Thus excellent teamplay (what's described as by long term albion players as "have to play flawlessly" etc when discussing ecounters with hib/mid fgs) albion group wins, otherwise looses. At the same time in hib/mid group margin for error is higher since they are often duplicating functionality in their setups.

Aussie

Banned
Alot of those 'skilled' mid/hib guilds reroll another server/realm. lets sum up to where they went.

Red Guard moves to Hib
NP moves to Hib
Bulle moves to Hib
DH moves to Mid
RR moves to Mid
etc ..

Actually I don't know any 'skilled' guild who rolled alb and managed to stay there +1 month...
So how many have rolled Alb alone without their guild.cba to make a list of those who rerolled/stayed in hib/mid so lets make a list of those who rolled alb and stayed there.

Except for Zorena, Lethul,Raid Raid & Negura I don't know anyone from those 'skilled' guilds who have actually meant something in Alb RvR.

if you deny alb balanced groups are a complete joke compared to hib/mid then you're a hypocrite.

1) 4 'healing' classes in a balanced group compared to alb 2.
2) Both easy access to desease/nearsight
3) Both easy access to 6 resists which are often yellow-red compared to the 3 yellow/blue in alb.
4) Dmg output of tanks BM & savage compared to Merc alot higher.
5) Dmg output of mages way higher because of the alb resists access.
6) Insta (interrupt) spells vs the 0 in alb.
7) Imbalance of Masterlevels

The fact that all those 'skilled' players never agree with eachother on the 'best possible albgroup' just shows how hard it is.

Call it a cry or whatever. I call it Facts

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
problem with albion- they typically use 2 characters to do job of one in hib/mid.
Thus excellent teamplay (what's described as by long term albion players as "have to play flawlessly" etc when discussing ecounters with hib/mid fgs) albion group wins, otherwise looses. At the same time in hib/mid group margin for error is higher since they are often duplicating functionality in their setups.

Yup. Mids/hibs can form balanced groups much easier with much more utility available, albs aren't gimped but saying people don't try is a lie, many do try, some give up some don't, some move realm, some quit.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
Alot of those 'skilled' mid/hib guilds reroll another server/realm. lets sum up to where they went.

Red Guard moves to Hib
NP moves to Hib
Bulle moves to Hib
DH moves to Mid
RR moves to Mid
etc ..

Actually I don't know any 'skilled' guild who rolled alb and managed to stay there +1 month...
So how many have rolled Alb alone without their guild.cba to make a list of those who rerolled/stayed in hib/mid so lets make a list of those who rolled alb and stayed there.

Except for Zorena, Lethul,Raid Raid & Negura I don't know anyone from those 'skilled' guilds who have actually meant something in Alb RvR.

if you deny alb balanced groups are a complete joke compared to hib/mid then you're a hypocrite.

3) Both easy access to 6 resists which are often yellow-red compared to the 3 yellow/blue in alb.

The fact that all those 'skilled' players never agree with eachother on the 'best possible albgroup' just shows how hard it is.

Call it a cry or whatever. I call it Facts

:clap:

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
bard - cc/interrupt, very rarely heals.
warden - bgs mostly, or powerleaks/grapples.
nature druid - interrupt/heal
nurture druid - heal

cleric - heal
cleric - heal

pac healer - cc/interrupt
pac mend - interrupt/heal
mend/aug - heal
shaman - interrupt

2 caba/2 sorc is new fotm, so it is not issue

Friar can be included into albion fg in NF and actually brings to the table ST in NF which is quite good RA.

Tank groups are things of the past and only reason to take merc - for banelord abilities.

Get a friar and have one cleric shear specced.

And sorc gets chain stunning pet in NF.

Thought with bigger numbers its easier to organize raids no ?

problem is lack of overlapping functionality. Example - smite cleric vs. nature
druid.
Druid under attack can insta root attackers, send pet on nuking mage/or use insta root to interrupt,activate self heal RA while pet gets there, etc.
Cleric - weak pbaoe mez, which can be cured in the same second, no defence against nukers . Unless helped cleric dies.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Relics are only important if you choose to care about them. Gankgroups from mid/hib will still be able to compete with similar albgroups in the open field (fights cannot consist only of keep-warfare in frontiers?) even if they benefit from str/pow relics.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Percival:

Population Realmpoints
Albion 5,429 (39.5%) 15,319,314 (27.5%)
Hibernia 3,432 (25.0%) 18,208,671 (32.6%)
Midgard 4,877 (35.5%) 22,267,507 (39.9%)

Strange strange strange... Albs have 39.5% of the population but only 27.5% of the RPs.

Fook me... seems NF favours only mids and hibs /sarcasm off

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
nurture druid - heal

cleric - heal
cleric - heal

mend/aug - heal
shaman - interrupt

Friar can be included into albion fg in NF and actually brings to the table ST in NF which is quite good RA.

Tank groups are things of the past and only reason to take merc - for banelord abilities.

druid.
Druid under attack can insta root attackers, send pet on nuking mage/or use insta root to interrupt,activate self heal RA while pet gets there, etc.
Cleric - weak pbaoe mez, which can be cured in the same second, no defence against nukers . Unless helped cleric dies.

you are very clueless. think about what u say m8 ;)

what Aussie says is pretty much bang on.

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
you are very clueless. think about what u say m8 ;)
what Aussie says is pretty much bang on.
He plays on Merlin.
So? what he said is about NF.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
but hibs will be in big troubles. Albs will be the top of the food chain, not because of skill or something, just because you got the bigger numbers, and you are used to zerging.
hibs can (and do) zerg just fine.

tell me, which is more effective in a zerg war, 1000enchanters or 750 paladins + 750 necros?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
hibs can (and do) zerg just fine.

tell me, which is more effective in a zerg war, 1000enchanters or 750 paladins + 750 necros?

how about the 200000000000 wizards people have from the old days? ie HI NAPALM!

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
nurture druid - heal

cleric - heal
cleric - heal

mend/aug - heal
shaman - interrupt

druid.
most of that is non-sense, but just for kicks throw in the buff shearing changes and tell us again how albion isn't totally shafted when it comes to healers.

Xray

Fledgling Freddie
I think one point that you've all missed is the stability of GoA's servers. When we get NF, the zerg will rule and the Albs will love it. But remember when the Albs last tried to get serious about the Power Relics, their leaders claimed that they could muster 600+ people for these raids with no trouble. So what happened when a 600+ Alb zerg met 150+ Hib zerg? Server crashed. Same thing happened last time Hibs tried to take the Strength Relics from Mids.

This will become the norm when we get NF. The servers will crash every night. I know people from the Euro servers that have played on US servers. And they all say that the absense of lag is unbelieveable.

GoA claim to have upgraded all the servers. But the problem is their bandwidth. Someone told me that GoA limits bandwidth to 3k per client. Now this maybe a slight exageration, but this is where the problem lies. They have a fraction (around a tenth) of the bandwidth that Mythic have for the US servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom