GoAs licence is terminated and the customer base is moved to Mythic (from 1 Feb 2010)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well as Lilo says in this thread...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions-38/240534-teh-big-news.html

Read this:

Mythic Entertainment | Camelot Herald - Community News for Dark Age of Camelot!

I just wanted to make sure there was a title on the thread that all old players would read!;)

Oh and dont forget when you get your EU chars up and running on the US servers that you dont necessarily need a BB for RvR nowdays since there are NPCs that sell a full set off yellow buffs for 20g or 20bps.

With my best regard

Charmangle

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Well as Lilo says in this thread...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions-38/240534-teh-big-news.html

Read this:

Mythic Entertainment | Camelot Herald - Community News for Dark Age of Camelot!

I just wanted to make sure there was a title on the thread that all old players would read!;)

Oh and dont forget when you get your EU chars up and running on the US servers that you dont necessarily need a BB for RvR nowdays since there are NPCs that sell a full set off yellow buffs for 20g or 20bps.

With my best regard

Charmangle

Yeah but the buffs are 130 instead of 155 :p

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
u love me i know ;) NOW MAKE ME LEGGIES FOR FREE BITCH! :p u robbed me last time :p

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
lads... does it clearly state anywhere that there will be a transfer from eu to us ?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
lads... does it clearly state anywhere that there will be a transfer from eu to us ?

No

But seeing as Mythic don't operate in EU it safe to say it be transffered to they servers.

With language database for EU being different to US Servers and with Mythic operators not having the language experience of the Goa peeps I can only assume that with EU servers they make it into a supercluster as they have done with Ywain server.

It be easier for them to put it into an english server throughout incoperating German/French/Italian/Spanish as a supercluster but in English.This will save Mythic any problems with any language barriers especially as they running on different patches to get EU Servers uptodate.

Whilst this is only an assumption of what Mythic will do this may also take pressures off the Ywain server while some Yanks may move to new supercluster so in reality making 2 Clusters for people to choose from.

They won't transfer any characters to Ywain from EU but you may be able to restart with you EU Accounts on that server.

The French/Germans may feel they being short changed as they language will now be in English but I do not think they be moaning to much as they still be able to play they characters on a healthy server and looking at Ywain there been a BIG influx of French and German players there over last few months.

As I said tho this is only an assumption of mine not what Mythic are going to do.Mythic have said they keep servers going when they take over but have not said HOW they will do this.

Soulja

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well Mythic didn't hear of the license expiring last month only, so maybe they have made some background changes to their servers and the client already.

Knowing what was possible when the UI was changed to work with XML, they might've implemented a similar XML-based solution for language files.

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
No

But seeing as Mythic don't operate in EU it safe to say it be transffered to they servers.

With language database for EU being different to US Servers and with Mythic operators not having the language experience of the Goa peeps I can only assume that with EU servers they make it into a supercluster as they have done with Ywain server.

It be easier for them to put it into an english server throughout incoperating German/French/Italian/Spanish as a supercluster but in English.This will save Mythic any problems with any language barriers especially as they running on different patches to get EU Servers uptodate.

Whilst this is only an assumption of what Mythic will do this may also take pressures off the Ywain server while some Yanks may move to new supercluster so in reality making 2 Clusters for people to choose from.

They won't transfer any characters to Ywain from EU but you may be able to restart with you EU Accounts on that server.

The French/Germans may feel they being short changed as they language will now be in English but I do not think they be moaning to much as they still be able to play they characters on a healthy server and looking at Ywain there been a BIG influx of French and German players there over last few months.

As I said tho this is only an assumption of mine not what Mythic are going to do.Mythic have said they keep servers going when they take over but have not said HOW they will do this.

Soulja

The conversion back to english language shouldnt take long I do remember when they changed Akatsuki server on US language to english in a matter of hours, im sure they will be able to do the same for the spanish,german and french servers :p

Hi Saru <3

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Have they actually written somewhere that Duvet players will get a chance to transfer their chars to Ywain?

(hi btw)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
So take it with everyones free week over Goa has now closed servers for Daoc have they :(

So much missed my characters was nice to log them on and dust them off.

Soulja

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Heh it felt some much better last night playing for 10 minutes on my original characters than it did for a couple of months playing my new chars on US with super expensive templates. Felt "the magic" last night for a few mins :p Running over a hill, a random guild banner out and a shabby relic in our group playing some terrible new age rock music and dying :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Heh it felt some much better last night playing for 10 minutes on my original characters than it did for a couple of months playing my new chars on US with super expensive templates. Felt "the magic" last night for a few mins :p Running over a hill, a random guild banner out and a shabby relic in our group playing some terrible new age rock music and dying :D

You sir are a poet :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom