Greetings from Merlin

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
I noticed you guys had a Boycott thread down below, and I thought I should respond to why we have this going on at the moment.

Open Field rvr does exist in the NF's, I run in a gank group on merlin, However massive amounts of gank groups have ended up quitting the game, or they're currently rerolling on Mordred.

Why is this?

I assume since you guys have similar population to us, you have the 1200+ albs thats normal on our server, Take there emain population/odins population/hadrians wall population, and jam it all together, and you have the NF population + every pve nooblet that wants to try it out

My gank group went from finding 3 or 5 8v8 fights every 30 minutes to 1 hour to finding one every 2 or 3 days.

Most of the time as a 8v8 gank group in NF is running around killing straglers or small 3 or 4 man pugs.

If you want constant 8v8, you reroll on pvp server basically and run the hib route.

Anyway, midgard/hib tried to defend against albion on our server but its a lost cause because we simply have to log at some point.

While we can get upwards to 70 people for a raid that number will eventually drop, while albion can maintain a constant 100 people 24/7

You end up losing one keep to them and instead of waiting 30 or 40 minutes for everyone to port over and rebuff ect ect because the zerg moving out (and losing the ability to block them past a mile fort) you end up with that zerg reporting back to your frontier in less then 2 or 3 minutes.

Fast attack boats also mean if you disable porting, it'll take maybe 2 minutes for them to get there.

while wiping that large zerg in OF might cause them a while to get back, that is completely remove from NF.

So albion just throws bodies at you till ya log or get tired of defending.

As for range advantage, it is extremely noticable in NF

You guys will get to experience the joy of 10+ scouts guarding a tower and shooting anyone who gets near 2500+ range of it for 400+ a round each.

once they get relics that damage basically jumps upwards to the 700-800 range

Basically think of someone debuffing for a Light mentalist but they have 2500+ range and thats what scouts are doing in NF

Oh by the way, if I had one suggestion for any Mids right now

reroll Bonedancer gank groups

3 Suppression Bds/1 Darkness BD/1 Thane (yes thane)/1 Paci Healer/1 Aug healer/1 Shaman

TWF stacks in NF and level 3 of it hits for 250 a tic, you drop 4 down and you got 1000 damage every 3 seconds + static tempest (EXTREMELY POWERFUL) and you can pretty much drop any zerg thats in a tower.

Also, have all your runemasters respec runecarving when expansion comes out

GTAE is way way useful

If ya have any questions on what NF is like over here, leave em...

Elnova

Fledgling Freddie
i Want 8v8 :( itz teh fun, so PvP server tho u say...... hmm

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
when u say 1200 albs, is that what u wuld get if u did /who on alb at primetime?

also how do casters/tanks fair in the few open field battles that do happen?

thx for info :)

Brommix

Loyal Freddie
What goes around comes around.....if that is the way its gonna be then I wont have any complaints mids hibs have had some ganking coming for along time.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
funn how all the albs go like "yea wil will pwn in NF" arent you bothered by the massive amount of zerg noobs that will move alb?

Aussie

Banned
albs don't have 1200 or 900 online primetime. 700 is the average.

Aussie

Banned
Hamro said:
funn how all the albs go like "yea wil will pwn in NF" arent you bothered by the massive amount of zerg noobs that will move alb?

from hero to zero?

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
heh

1200+ is the the /who all population

Thats un anon albs..

Midgard is around 700-800

while hib is around 600

As for how casters/melee fair in open field

It works about the same as RVR does right now, we usually run the 2 melee/1 caster (or 2, depending on how many casters are on)/2 support/2 healer group that is common now after TOA

However Caster/Archer is pretty much the only thing in keep/tower warfare

And you can farm an assload of rps during it, despite the RP nerf

Hell I pulled in 62k few days ago in a 4 hour fight, on a Runecarver

Duoing with my bot

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

"albs don't have 1200 or 900 online primetime. 700 is the average."

Ahh, my server has 3400 people on it usually primetime, 1200+ alb is quite common merlin

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
thats less than 75 over a third of the primetime population then :)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
To bad excal albs will still suck even with all advantages they will have in nf :(

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
To bad excal albs will still suck even with all advantages they will have in nf :(

For your sake i sure hope they will cause if not u really will get a boring game. Zerg inc, no relics and no fg to pwn in ezmode no more.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Karnat said:
For your sake i sure hope they will cause if not u really will get a boring game. Zerg inc, no relics and no fg to pwn in ezmode no more.
I havent done any grp rvr for the last 2 years, in nf im gonna have fun with vanish and gank afk albs in keeps all day long :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Nice to hear how the situation is over there after NF :D , is there any hope for warriors ? :wij:

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
I havent done any grp rvr for the last 2 years, in nf im gonna have fun with vanish and gank afk albs in keeps all day long :)

sure u are honey.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Xsorus-Merlin said:
You'll be real popular at siege..

You don't get instant dropped by arrows
What about skalds ? Any hope for us ? Or should i just be PvEing 100% of my online time ? :p

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Chosen said:
What about skalds ? Any hope for us ? Or should i just be PvEing 100% of my online time ? :p
in your case i would stick to pve...

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:
If I had one suggestion for hibs/mids

Tag team albion right off

I wonder what's more lame tho....Zerg or "Tag-team" ?

:eek:

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
Rain said:
Mids arent THAT outnumbered by albs on excal :x
That's cus albs are a bunch of shit nubs that get owned on the way to AMG where they hope to find a zerg they can join..

vintervargen

Banned
Xsorus-Merlin;

does fg vs fg fights show on the 'activity map'?

and is odins/hw as bad as emain?

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
your in Mid gank group that has run 1 paccie/1 aug healer since Toa ? :eek2:

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
all alb gank groups has left the game/realm allrdy so tbh i dont care....

the game is fucked up for us allrdy and when NF arrive's the game will be fucked up for hibs....

im pretty sure mids can show the same numbers as albs. 150+ mid zergs are common when they want fensalir back..

Filip
Theurg in HB

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
From a mid's point of view, I don't see it being all black after NF (no pun intended).. yes - albs will zerg, but what's new with that? Getting killed by zerg is a calculated risk when you choose to go Emain, it almost always has. But a couple of good 2 fg mids working together (or hibs for that matter) can wipe a zerg, and as for hibs having a hard time on excal post-NF that must be the population issue you are afraid of, not a class issue. "Ranged attacks for the win" all say - I think hibs have some power in the Ranged Damage Department..

Aussie

Banned
heh mids/hibs already have it 10x easier then albs classes they even have a warder zerg to farm everyday and they still cry :m00:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
heh mids/hibs already have it 10x easier then albs classes they even have a warder zerg to farm everyday and they still cry :m00:

Well, you should say that we have a warder zerg + GoL in it to farm everyday. :p

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Anywhere theres a flame they're zergs

So yes, Odins/Hadrians is just as bad

AS for the 1 aug healer/1 paci healer

Yes, We ran that

Our old group was

2 Zerkers/1 Savage/1 Warrior/1 Skald/1 Shaman/2 healers

We'd have people try and BG, but honestly, most tanks died after first round..

We're currently running 3 healers though cause we lost both zerkers *grin*

By the way, those thinking of running without skald shouldn't...

Anger of Gods 3 adds about 130 damage extra on each one of my hands... and SOS is extremely useful for when you come into view of alb group, allows them to cast mez (it not stick) then we ae mez them followed into stun for pbae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom