Greetings from Merlin

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Aussie said:
heh mids/hibs already have it 10x easier then albs classes they even have a warder zerg to farm everyday and they still cry :m00:

Nah we have a warder zerg plus some zerging high rr's (hi Outlaw!) to farm/get killed by, and I don't cry ^^

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any solo action left at all or is that completely impossible now ? (or even more so then it already is).

Personally I have little sympathy for the future NF situration, albion has been fighting from a class, spec, love and relic disadvantage now for 2 years barely trying to just compete let alone win. I'd prefer not to win by numbers, i'd prefer the game to be balanced but im not going to feel sorry for the people who are playing in easy mode all this time.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Is there any solo action left at all or is that completely impossible now ? (or even more so then it already is).

Personally I have little sympathy for the future NF situration, albion has been fighting from a class, spec, love and relic disadvantage now for 2 years barely trying to just compete let alone win. I'd prefer not to win by numbers, i'd prefer the game to be balanced but im not going to feel sorry for the people who are playing in easy mode all this time.

What i see in videos, camping below water in rivers is a good spot for a solo non stealther. Can also maybe hide at some "supply" route to a keep siege.
Your chanses to survive will probably be bigger anyway if Goa get that anti radar program

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
hope the boycot works :/
NF seems to ruin a lot

and even the albs will leave if there's nothing anymore to kill :/

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:
NF seems to ruin a lot
NF seems to rox!
cant wait!

atlast we get large scale fights like its supposed to be all day long woooho!

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
NF seems to rox!
cant wait!

atlast we get large scale fights like its supposed to be all day long woooho!

aye, _maybe_ it can be fun with some change from emain.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
BUHUUUU... mummy, Mythic took our by game-design guaranteed +20% pow-relics from us hibs... buhuuuu... i dont wanna play nemore.... may i boycott?

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Nebel said:
BUHUUUU... mummy, Mythic took our by game-design guaranteed +20% pow-relics from us hibs... buhuuuu... i dont wanna play nemore.... may i boycott?

wohooo! mythic has given us a justification for zerging! \o/

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
No idea if this is any good tbh but for a 6L2 skald in NF how about -
Aug str 2
Aug dex 2
Aug cons 2
Toughness 1
SoS 1
Purge 2
AotG 2
LW 1
MoParry 1
MoPain 1

? :p

SoS used for the mez thing like you said, the passives for help with soloing/pve, purge 2 for the 15 min timer (half what I got atm, yay) LW, obvious. Anger of the gods sounds good, would prolly raise that to 3 when possible. Give input people :D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:
As for range advantage, it is extremely noticable in NF

Putting aside the population argument (which I dont think will be quite such an issue here, unless all those that have rerolled hib/mid in the last few months come crawling back) , I find the complaints about alb range advantage hilarious. Albion has spent 2 years with (for the most part) clear class disadvantages and yet we've had to put up with the kiddies sneering that we just lacked skillz and tictacz, despite the many reasoned arguments to the contrary. Now rvr has switched in a way that our classes have the advantage and you are complaining? Bloody hilarious. What goes around comes around, and IF it's finally our turn to benefit then all I can say is about fooking time :drink:

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Drop Aug Con 2 and Aug Dex 2

Aug Dex you don't need for mastery of parry/pain

Aug con 2 isn't that great compared to toughness 2

Use points you save to get Toughness 2/mastery of pain 2

and get 1 more realm rank for mastery of parry 2

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Putting aside the population argument (which I dont think will be quite such an issue here, unless all those that have rerolled hib/mid in the last few months come crawling back) , I find the complaints about alb range advantage hilarious. Albion has spent 2 years with (for the most part) clear class disadvantages and yet we've had to put up with the kiddies sneering that we just lacked skillz and tictacz, despite the many reasoned arguments to the contrary. Now rvr has switched in a way that our classes have the advantage and you are complaining? Bloody hilarious. What goes around comes around, and IF it's finally our turn to benefit then all I can say is about fooking time :drink:

Word ! :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
xsorsis (mt prolly)

server pop may be similar.. but the peeps aint..

saying its gonna happen here just like there is well.. presumptious.

yeah albs get a boost.. but are they gonna use it?

will hibs be less up to challenge of dealing with it if it happens? doubt it

will mids reroll? prolly :D they always do....

give more albs.. give decent fights.. stuff mid.

i HATE midgard with a passion and i find your opinion hard to swallow as u mid.. finding it hard now in NF? after u had it so easy? oh my heart bleeds.. really does :p

Grimst3r

Fledgling Freddie
:puke:
ilaya said:
xsorsis (mt prolly)

server pop may be similar.. but the peeps aint..

saying its gonna happen here just like there is well.. presumptious.

yeah albs get a boost.. but are they gonna use it?

will hibs be less up to challenge of dealing with it if it happens? doubt it

will mids reroll? prolly :D they always do....

give more albs.. give decent fights.. stuff mid.

i HATE midgard with a passion and i find your opinion hard to swallow as u mid.. finding it hard now in NF? after u had it so easy? oh my heart bleeds.. really does :p

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Putting aside the population argument (which I dont think will be quite such an issue here...

a big LOL for that: Excalibur Population

1 Excalibur Albion 6,887 40.15%
2 Excalibur Midgard 5,813 33.89%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 4,453 25.96%

It wont be an issue for you as Alb Bracken, but hibs will be in big troubles. Albs will be the top of the food chain, not because of skill or something, just because you got the bigger numbers, and you are used to zerging. I very much doubt, that NF will improve the game, if the situation doesn't improve till it's released in europe I bet that many ppl will move to PvP or just quit and play WoW or get a RL.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
a big LOL for that: Excalibur Population

1 Excalibur Albion 6,887 40.15%
2 Excalibur Midgard 5,813 33.89%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 4,453 25.96%

It wont be an issue for you as Alb Bracken, but hibs will be in big troubles. Albs will be the top of the food chain, not because of skill or something, just because you got the bigger numbers, and you are used to zerging. I very much doubt, that NF will improve the game, if the situation doesn't improve till it's released in europe I bet that many ppl will move to PvP or just quit and play WoW or get a RL.

Active rvr population ? Dont think its anything like those stats tbh. Hibs are well capable of putting decent numbers out - maybe not as consistently as albs or mids but they aint as badly off as you would have us believe ;)

Besides, given the fact that we've had trouble putting together blanced full groups for the past 2 years, don't expect to get any sympathy now if you can't organise a balanced zerg :D

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Besides, given the fact that we've had trouble putting together blanced full groups for the past 2 years, don't expect to get any sympathy now if you can't organise a balanced zerg :D
Such skill :worthy:

:puke:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Xsorus-Merlin said:
and get 1 more realm rank for mastery of parry 2

Why mastery of parry? Do you get a lot of tanks on your arse as a skald before the rest of your grp is dead, or do ya just like to waste points? :eek:

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
All get ready for mythics epic battlels.

noob zerg vs noob zerg gonna suck big time.........
Old fashioned daoc players should find a new game or... get a life

Im going for the first option ;)

Givf WoW

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
Active rvr population ? Dont think its anything like those stats tbh. Hibs are well capable of putting decent numbers out - maybe not as consistently as albs or mids but they aint as badly off as you would have us believe ;)

As was seen in the US, OF active rvr population showed no relation with NF active rvr population.
Because of the ease and speed of reaching a fight in NF is so much higher, the treshhold for actually going out for a fight has been lowered dramatically.

At present you need to find out where the fight is, with cg's that's not hard, but you won't get all the info right the moment it happens.
Travel time atm is all much higher, getting to a MG, or to a keep is a minute or much more if you don't have speed. On top of that travel is dangerous, you can get popped by stealthers if solo, ganked by roamers etc.
All this leads to a need to get somewhat balanced groups, ie have speed and decent healing, so you can get to a zerg if you weren't part of it at the start.
Because let's face it, if your group isn't well balanced and experienced that's the only place you'll be relatively safe and still can get some rp's.
This makes atrittion during a day of rvr pretty high, leaves ppl behind at the gate because they can't solo or get a group. So a lot of people will not bother with rvr or only very occasionally. This is especially true for a realm that has less speed/healing classes percentage wise, so a lesser percentage of that realm will rvr.

Enter Nf.
A fight appears on the map the moment it happens, no need to get in a cg or get info relayed past 2-3 peeps about a keep that's under attack for 10 minutes already and falls the minute you get the info. You know where it's happening the moment it happens.
Travel time is also greatly reduced, no 5-10 minute walks to a mg for a home nation, or teleport cycles followed by a run to the some Mg or some keep.
You just port to the keep where things are happening in seconds or ride a boat for 2 minutes.
This makes getting to fights a lot easier and also somewhat safer.
You often don't need speed in your grp, and since you can get to sieges so easily you can just leech a fop, heal ward or a rez very easily, lessing the need for heals.
And since high RR peeps get more rp's for a rez than killing some warder/brehon/malmo vakten, you won't be wanting for 1.
This makes rvr a more rewarding experience for the casual rvr player, greatly increasing their appetite for rvr action.
For realms that lacked speed or healing it means a greater percentage of players will go and rvr. If that realm also enjoys a population surplus you can see that it increases their rvr presence a lot more than it would for a realm that already had a large(r) percentage active in rvr.

Will this mean that Hibernia/midgard on Excalibur will get screwed and 8vs8 will die?
Only the arrival of NF will tell, but we don't have to go the way of some of the US servers.

Danita

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
I think NF will bring interesting fights to everyone.

You cannot allways teleport directly into the keep that is under siege. Usually you can teleport to the neighbor keep and then have to walk the rest of the way. So the number of small groups and solo players moving to the keep where the action is, will be pretty high, and hence the stealthers will have a lot to do camping the inroads to the keeps, just like they camp the road from telekeep to milegate today.

Since most players will be heading to the keeps, there will no longer be a roaming zerg. This will be heaven for the die hard 1fg rvr guys, because the only people that will roam will be other opted 8man groups. This means they can get a lot of really interesting fights, they just have to make a concensus on which area to run in, as NF is rather big.

The "warderzerg" will also have a much better timer. They will no longer have to roam as a zerg to avoid getting steamrolled by opted FGs. Instead they will have easy access to keep fights where there will be a lot of options for attacking and defending, which should lead to some interesting large scale battles. The only problem is the stealthers or groups camping the roads to the keeps, but that is the danger of rvr. :)

As a whole, NF is really going to be great for everyone with regards to finding interesting fights.

The only problem with NF (imo) is that the relics are easier to capture with higher population. There should have been some defence aid near the relics for the lower population realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom