Dead

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i would say the game is very much alive and quite fun as well (except for the !"¤""¤"¤!%%!#!¤"¤/¤"#¤! ML2.9 step)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The "is the game dead?" post of the week? -.-
Tbh when i solo i don't have problems finding fights and when in group also, no compliants from me.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
tribute said:
Isent the game dead?

Whats the population on cluster?

what do you want too hear, "yes the game is dead" and "population is small and dwindling very fast" ? what you going to do about it anyway piss off to a diferent server like many have all ready be it classic (which has died) usa or avalon? its not going to solve anything. Classic case of "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" imo. Some ppl are like sheep, they always follow the sheep in front which follows the sheep in front of him etc etc and off they trot to pastures new, in this case it seems to be Avalon this time around. What happened with Glaston? flocks of sheep went there expecting enlightenment ( or greener grass) now the place is almost finished. Check on
http://daoc.goa.com/en for the server population, do it at prime time and see for your self.

myself, i wont leave this server, i put to much time and effort into my chars for that. I got ppl who I consider close friends also. It doesnt matter to me personally how the population is dwindling I dont expect to find any more fun/enjoyment elsewere. This game is the same in any country and on every server, its Daoc no matter where you are, same realms same classes same zones, and possibly more population.

thats my take on it anyway. I'd like to say more but i need to get to work.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Perf said:
what do you want too hear, "yes the game is dead" and "population is small and dwindling very fast" ? what you going to do about it anyway piss off to a diferent server like many have all ready be it classic (which has died) usa or avalon? its not going to solve anything. Classic case of "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" imo. Some ppl are like sheep, they always follow the sheep in front which follows the sheep in front of him etc etc and off they trot to pastures new, in this case it seems to be Avalon this time around. What happened with Glaston? flocks of sheep went there expecting enlightenment ( or greener grass) now the place is almost finished. Check on
http://daoc.goa.com/en for the server population, do it at prime time and see for your self.

myself, i wont leave this server, i put to much time and effort into my chars for that. I got ppl who I consider close friends also. It doesnt matter to me personally how the population is dwindling I dont expect to find any more fun/enjoyment elsewere. This game is the same in any country and on every server, its Daoc no matter where you are, same realms same classes same zones, and possibly more population.

thats my take on it anyway. I'd like to say more but i need to get to work.

ahahah class :p nicely answered .p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
aww dont gang up on him, he only wants to be cool :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
It kind of makes me gringe when I see a full group like roaming there own doorstep area desperatly looking for soloers or anything to steam roll or AJ.

There are very very few decent solo opponents as well

Stale mate keep situations aka doorstep RVR is torture for the people who use the boats. Get /rofl spammed the doorstep zerg etc...

Theres good people still kicking around but its very hard now to find fights without random /rude caster adds

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ever occurred to you that glaston and camlann might have been fun for the time they lasted? even if it wasn't for long, change is good.

exactely the same as the ava project has been a fun 2 months, atleast more fun then we had on cluster before, so where is the problem really? has nothing to do with "greener grass" or people "using up cluster and moving on to pastures new". most of us in this community have played on this cluster for 4 years, participating in or making groups all over the place.

in a way its tempting to try and make a cluster/hib group with the same guys as we have in the ava guild (considering we have plenty of chars) on like the most active cluster fg action day, but then people have to get used to playing in a different way and such. not sure if its a good idea ;/

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
in a way its tempting to try and make a cluster/hib group with the same guys as we have in the ava guild (considering we have plenty of chars) on like the most active cluster fg action day, but then people have to get used to playing in a different way and such. not sure if its a good idea ;/

You're only saying that because you know us, Coo Coo and Nocturne are coming for your alb group VF!

And yes if you beat us too much we may have to run all 3 groups on stick!

Back on topic...I havent run agramon for a week or so on cluster but even with the avalon rerollers theres enough groups out there to keep people interested....ive personally gone with some mates to avalon to get the chance to fight a whole load of different groups and play as a different realm for a bit. Wouldn't call myself a sheep, it was a good idea raised i think by Vf and Stajj, would i care if all the excal groups left avalon and came back to cluster? No ofc not i dont mind which server we're on as long as there's plenty of good 8v8 fights and obviously cluster would be best, but for the moment theres more to do on avalon and everyones enjoying the change. And im learning some german.....zergen for example!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
don't go Avalon make Avalon come to us ! I expect your all telling them how cool it was here and stuff and arguing that they should leave their server ....

;)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Isent the game dead?

Whats the population on cluster?

Yes, it´s dead. Population is 5-8 at peaktimes.
You can now delete your FH account and go back to WoW.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Calmin said:
You're only saying that because you know us, Coo Coo and Nocturne are coming for your alb group VF!

Nocturne playing again? :x Thats news to me ^^
And VF plays mid. :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Calmin said:

Back on topic...I havent run agramon for a week or so on cluster but even with the avalon rerollers theres enough groups out there to keep people interested....ive personally gone with some mates to avalon to get the chance to fight a whole load of different groups and play as a different realm for a bit. Wouldn't call myself a sheep, it was a good idea raised i think by Vf and Stajj, would i care if all the excal groups left avalon and came back to cluster? No ofc not i dont mind which server we're on as long as there's plenty of good 8v8 fights and obviously cluster would be best, but for the moment theres more to do on avalon and everyones enjoying the change. And im learning some german.....zergen for example!

who are playing in nocturne now? oO

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Nocturne playing again? :x Thats news to me ^^
And VF plays mid. :(

Yes and whoops....I assumed they'd swapped from mid to alb a while back when they said mid had too many fgs out... self owned no doubt.

Its a couple of original Nocturne and mates i think...good players except Colattaral ofc! :)

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Calmin said:
Yes and whoops....I assumed they'd swapped from mid to alb a while back when they said mid had too many fgs out... self owned no doubt.

Its a couple of original Nocturne and mates i think...good players except Colattaral ofc! :)
He was with the zerg ganking my lvl 47 gimp in rogs:(

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
He was with the zerg ganking my lvl 47 gimp in rogs:(

Sounds about right mate :(

He's evuuul.....pure evuuul I tells you!

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
avalon is twice the fun and 10 times the challenge (thus more fun!) than cluster has been in ages, again we actually have to discuss what we do and proper tactics (extra fun vs 3 pow relics in midgard ;D) instead of making a group and killing every group in agramon, maybe losing 1-2 fights the whole night with "yeah lets go and see how it goes" attitude and still pwning ;/

and dead? made 80k last night in 3 hours from 8vs8 only fyi :] this is with a rr4-5 alb grp vs mostly rr9-rr12 hib/mid groups so we lost some aswell so the action is top notch

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i'm quite happy with being a sheep. the PvE on avalon has been quite effort free and is closing in to the end. then i'll see what i think about RvR there. but clusterRvR is very unappealing since it means playing mid. would be fun to try play my cabalist or cleric some but that's not going to happen.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
again we actually have to discuss what we do and proper tactics (extra fun vs 3 pow relics in midgard ;D) instead of making a group and killing every group in agramon, maybe losing 1-2 fights the whole night with "yeah lets go and see how it goes" attitude and still pwning ;/

so the RR abilities kind of made it easymode for you guys and to redo the whole thing is a nice challenge. We were in the middle of the challenge when you guys left so a lot of us don't see that perspective I guess that is the difference.

The key question I have is that if you could have rolled say on Alb here would you have done it instead?

Or is there more to it than just the challenge of the fights?

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
Well i think that this cluster is about to go dead ive been playing everyday for the last 2 weeks now duo to illness from my surgury ive seen the same 50 same albs every day camping emain same boring names and overpowered armsmen that just wait for you over and over... Mids for that sake WHERE THE FUCK ARE U ? Im sitting here, and its getting more and more boring!!!!! Think the only mid i saw yesterday was censi hunter even if u want mid u would be lucky to see pip or some els its first at 19-20-21-22-23 cet there is abit improvement but god danmit yes i do find this game going dead now compare what we have now to what we had 6 months ago. maybe its time for a new 2th cluster some of them german or french servers to english ones???

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
so the RR abilities kind of made it easymode for you guys and to redo the whole thing is a nice challenge. We were in the middle of the challenge when you guys left so a lot of us don't see that perspective I guess that is the difference.

The key question I have is that if you could have rolled say on Alb here would you have done it instead?

Well Frs has played all 3 realms on cluster so have i, and my grp rerolled just to get MORE fights cause we were on agramon most nights and fighting TT is nice but to only fight them over and over gets a bit dull same goes for farils grps. Gave nice fights but gonna be more fun to fight brand new grps with new setups and playstyles:)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:

hardly anything to do with RR tbh, its just a new grp so lots to adapt etc. We lost to Polaris 3 out of 4 fights vs them on monday, won 4 out of 5 on tuesday after talking tactics and just focusing more on what everyone should do etc, and we had gained 1 realm level in that time. New playstyle, some new classes etc etc, its the challenge of making a new group work :D

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
oh yeah and we played alb like 6 times (2 weeks) before giving up on cluster, just not enough action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom