Is freddies dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
<snip>
Im a nice guy irl and I dont even pay any subs to FH!

Out of interest, do you find being a cyber-hard-man cathartic, or do you just consider it roleplaying?

kivik

Part of the furniture
Shike said:
I think that what buggers u most is the attitude here Muy on FH (and if i read yer posts right it is), and well, Im guilty of using a really really disrespectful, foul and ugly language and thats something I do, I think you are a zerging shitplayer that cant do crap in FGrvr and muahaha, looksi! Nothing u can do about it!!! Feels good doesnt it? :) Thats the exact same shit I feel whenever I get added on by scout nr 1223213, when a FGfight get ruined by some wankers, or I get totally steamrolled by adding caster nr 932945327. You are powerless here, is it that, that bothers you? That you can be called something that offends you and nothing is done about it? No GOA here to ban? If you act like a zerging tool, I will call you a zerging tool and you cannot stop me, is that it? Is that the itch that you so desperately wanna scratch but cant? Ingame you can fuck me over royally within the CoC, here I can fuck you over and you cant do anything about it.

Exactly, all whines and foul language is simply an answer to the adding/zerging in-game.

No it doesn't help in a way except you feel much better after ranting some. Like 'ach that was nothing, release and back we go'.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tubbs said:
Out of interest, do you find being a cyber-hard-man cathartic, or do you just consider it roleplaying?

whats a cyber-hard-man? And what does cathartic mean? :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, it would be nice if the forum was linked to the accounts - active account, you can post. Otherwise, you can only read - that would filter out much of the useless noise. Kinda too late for that, though.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
more and more i come to the conclusion that freddies is dead what concerns DAOC.

the amount of actual players from excall/pryd who actually post here has shrunk to a very low level. the amount of (often vengefull) ex players who only come here to spew their poison around seems to exceed the amount of posters who actually still play the cluster.

For me freddies has degenerated in a useless pit of random profanity by mainly frustrated ex players.

It stopped beeing a place for the community to talk, it has become a place for the leet to show of their leetness sometimes longtime after they quit.

from a place where the community comes toghether, it has evolved into a monster that must certainly kill any newcommers enthousiasm.

Do we need a new community forum ? or is there a chance for the mods to weed out the herbs so this again becomes a usable baord for ALL players and not just a select few (sometimes eloquent) verbal nuisances ?

80 % of all the people in my guild refuse to even post on freddies because of its hostile nature.

Gee Muyl you a cracker you are maybe you never thought by you actions alone YOU were one of main reasons why people left with you arse licking Email to Goa.

Now You come on here and expect people to say Oh Jolly well Done albs for taking Relics at 4 in morning and you expect people to be nice.

Well I am still playing this server and still see the minority of you Alb Cohorts Taking Keeps/Relics and crap time of mornings and TBH YOU AND THEM are just as bad for demorilising this server.

Soulja

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
edit: to polly! back to work you ;)

Polly works???? wtf.

This thread is the new version of "everything is great" aka "all the mean ppl have left and the server rox now" aka "I love rvr now that those horrible 8vs8 people are gone, I can have a whole rvr zone to myself now!"

Face it, the best days of the server are long gone, you can pretend that you "won" the server or whatever. You don't have anymore right to the server than the people who played it for 4 years.

I still play so I guess I am allowed to post. :wanker:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
And I think all this "leet ppl being abusive" is a myth. I think the "casual" players have a big chip on the shoulders about 8vs8 players.

I also think that the so called "casual" players play more than the so called "leet" players. I also think they can be fucking abusive. I also think swearing is great, sue me.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Fook me also for wasting my time explaining the obvious.
Heh, some just don't get the obvious ^^
Tesla Monkor said:
Tbh, it would be nice if the forum was linked to the accounts - active account, you can post. Otherwise, you can only read - that would filter out much of the useless noise. Kinda too late for that, though.
That'd also filter out 90% of the long time players, who happen to be able to help at times, rather than just bitch. I really don't think the retired players post any more shit than the active ones, overall.

And what happened to the phrase 'leet'? If I remember correctly, a leet player used to be overly skilled or something similar, whereas now being called leet is equivalent to being called a wanker, or a ****.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I am not convinced that FH has changed much recently. I have been visiting here for a while and not posted a lot, but when I have I generally try to be positive, not flame and offer a point of view. Still I have been abused, sworn at and flamed - that has not increased recently and to be honest it is mostly the same people who come up with the pointless abuse.

Not sure if I am one of your 'leet' brigade. I have zerged, solo'd, run with PuG's and more recently run with a fixed group looking for 8 vs 8 in my DAoC time. Each side of that had it's own fun and own challenges but I regarded the 8 vs 8 as the real test. The issue is always that we have too many people who do not understand or want to understand someone else's playstyle. All we see are 'I play my subs' comments rather than people trying to think about how their actions impact on the enjoyment of others.

This forum will not put off new players. Let's be honest there is not enough of a push anywhere to get the game known to and then taken up by new players. Besides it is their 'in game' experience that has the deciding factor.

I am now one of those who is out of the game. I still come here because it was a game I played and enjoyed for a long time. I come here because I am genuinely interested. I come here because I retain the (perhaps vain) hope that things will change sufficiently to encourage me back.

The forum reflects the cmmunity and hte community reflects the game.

Having casters beeing top of the food chain for 3+ years doing insane amount of DPS might not been that smart, now was it.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
Streaf's so leet l8tly :|
Yarly :eek:
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Christ, first omgz the game is dying, now the "forums are dying". XDD

And must be evolution of leets or smt Straef!
Guess I'll be waiting for my brains to evolve, as I can't keep up anymore :'(

kivik said:
Exactly, all whines and foul language is simply an answer to the adding/zerging in-game.

No it doesn't help in a way except you feel much better after ranting some. Like 'ach that was nothing, release and back we go'.

Have to agree with you and shike tbh.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Horner, you don't need your bot in here to survive, they can't really hurt you..

I promise!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Horner, you don't need your bot in here to survive, they can't really hurt you..

I promise!

feck, i just put alot of tea allover my darn kb.. damn u Kinag! :fluffle:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
this guy is actually completely out of his mind, pure comedy tbh :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
well at least Freddy dont look so dead tbh, so answer to OP is, no.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Muylaetrix said:
80 % of all the people in my guild refuse to even post on freddies because of its hostile nature.

Well you know what you gotta do, there's still 20% to convince.

pip

Banned
Soulja_IA_ said:
Horners Bot Posting lol.

don't tell me you DI for him on here :)

Soulja
Well think Horner banned lol:) lol horner your shit:wanker: but dam your a funny dude:fluffle:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Soulja_IA_ said:
Gee Muyl you a cracker you are maybe you never thought by you actions alone YOU were one of main reasons why people left with you arse licking Email to Goa.

i rightnowed 1 person in 4+ years of playing this game. it was one of the first times i saw multiple parties die to coneing through the wall. that was some time ago by now. i did not righnow goa in any way about the whole TT afair.

Soulja_IA_ said:
Now You come on here and expect people to say Oh Jolly well Done albs for taking Relics at 4 in morning and you expect people to be nice.

that would be overexagerating a bit now, wouldn`t it ? i think i said before that i am not pro AC raiding, just like i am not pro office hour raiding.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
i rightnowed 1 person in 4+ years of playing this game. it was one of the first times i saw multiple parties die to coneing through the wall. that was some time ago by now. i did not righnow goa in any way about the whole TT afair.

that would be overexagerating a bit now, wouldn`t it ? i think i said before that i am not pro AC raiding, just like i am not pro office hour raiding.

OK Muyl whined like a bitch about TT and now you Whining about posts on FH seems most posts been directed at the few in Alb lately.

As for TT affair you were part of the biggest whine in history about it and seeing as most of the FH Community supported TT and they actions they did you then Whined about under population of Excal/Pryd and now you come on here Whining yet again.

You and you WHINES and you AC friends deserve all crap people on FH can throw at you.

Soulja

liloe

It's my birthday today!
The funny part is. I think FH is more active than the cluster tbh. I just logged in and there were 4!!! Hibs in the frontiers. In Albion nothing changed, Magon was being as useless as always and ran a trio to find the last active solo guy from the other 2 realms and kill them with mighty force, lol =)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Soulja_IA_ said:
OK Muyl whined like a bitch about TT and now you Whining about posts on FH seems most posts been directed at the few in Alb lately.

As for TT affair you were part of the biggest whine in history about it and seeing as most of the FH Community supported TT and they actions they did you then Whined about under population of Excal/Pryd and now you come on here Whining yet again.

You and you WHINES and you AC friends deserve all crap people on FH can throw at you.

Soulja

A Chateau Neuf, a nice dry italian maybe...hmm no im in the mood for a sour grape from the Muly region of PleaseFuckofFromTheServerAkstan.. The finest whines indeed !!!

Attachments

• chateau.jpg
    chateau.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom