Is freddies dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
more and more i come to the conclusion that freddies is dead what concerns DAOC.

the amount of actual players from excall/pryd who actually post here has shrunk to a very low level. the amount of (often vengefull) ex players who only come here to spew their poison around seems to exceed the amount of posters who actually still play the cluster.

For me freddies has degenerated in a useless pit of random profanity by mainly frustrated ex players.

It stopped beeing a place for the community to talk, it has become a place for the leet to show of their leetness sometimes longtime after they quit.

from a place where the community comes toghether, it has evolved into a monster that must certainly kill any newcommers enthousiasm.

Do we need a new community forum ? or is there a chance for the mods to weed out the herbs so this again becomes a usable baord for ALL players and not just a select few (sometimes eloquent) verbal nuisances ?

80 % of all the people in my guild refuse to even post on freddies because of its hostile nature.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
dhoooooooooooooooooooom!!!

Freddies is funny as long as you don't take it too seriously...

And saying "do we need a new forum" is a waste of time imo - u really think starting a new one will make any difference?

Just sit back, chill out, and laugh at all the "lemons" and you'll get along fine ;)

MaCaBr3

Banned
I hardely ever read or post in the rvr forum anymore, it's the some old whine and some old tards that keep posting crap and it's very very boring. I spend my time in off topic now.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
Freddies is funny as long as you don't take it too seriously...

i don`t think all this random profanity is fun. that can be just me but if i would try to solo and i get zerged 100 times, i would accept it, if i run around and someone yells `don`t add you fucking noob` i get angry/upset. that`s me.

i don`t cope well with verbal agression.

Takhasis said:
And saying "do we need a new forum" is a waste of time imo - u really think starting a new one will make any difference?

ofc it is a theoretical hypothesis, it was more ment as a statement to illustratment my mind on the subject than an actuall proposal

Takhasis said:
Just sit back, chill out, and laugh at all the "lemons" and you'll get along fine ;)

i`m too serious to think all that stuff has an amusement factor. :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's boring lately, but you contradict urself saying it's just the leet few who post here to showoff and then admit the ex-cluster players outnumber the current ones.

ofc peeps who played here and used these forums for 4+yrs will still use em out of habit for a while, what you expect.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
ofc peeps who played here and used these forums for 4+yrs will still use em out of habit for a while, what you expect.

Exactly.

Oh, and doom? :eek6:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:
It's boring lately, but you contradict urself saying it's just the leet few who post here to showoff and then admit the ex-cluster players outnumber the current ones.

from MY (damn me) PoV, most of the `leet` people have buggered of to german and US servers.

I think the people LEFT on the cluster are in general ingame friendlier than the people before the whole thing.

recently the amount of times i`ve seen people throw profanity at eachother ingame has drastically diminished.

As far as i am concerned the server became a nicer place, but the cost in players had been horrific.

Maeloch said:

ofc they have every right to do so, but to me at the moment, freddies has become a place where ex cluster players come to insult people and stopped being a general board for the `average` player.

... all these are my OPINIONS. we all know that opinions are personal and individual. i am NOT trying to start flamewar MCLIV. try NOT see this post as flamebait.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, wtf have you been smoking? :p FH has always been a place for "the leet to show of their leetness", that's what it's all about.

Seriously though, what do you expect people to post here? Look at the threads, and you find "Great RvR tonight!", "FFS STOP ADDING ><", "FAO XXXX" etc. It's an RvR section of the forum, so people talk about the stuff that happens in RvR. Mostly when you have a good night, you don't talk about it on FH, you simply go to bed happy. But when people make you upset, you need a place to vent and yell at them --> FH.
Tbh personally I've seen alot MORE threads about the good stuff happening in RvR lately than ever before. People are soooo happy if they can only have one single fg fight a night, that they make a post about it, which is great imo, that they show apprectiation and encourages more groups to come and fight and enjoy it. But it's still alot.

If you want nice friendly forums and a "place for the community to talk", you have the general discussion or albion discussion or whatever. This is the RvR section.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
more and more i come to the conclusion that freddies is dead what concerns DAOC.

the amount of actual players from excall/pryd who actually post here has shrunk to a very low level. the amount of (often vengefull) ex players who only come here to spew their poison around seems to exceed the amount of posters who actually still play the cluster.

For me freddies has degenerated in a useless pit of random profanity by mainly frustrated ex players.

It stopped beeing a place for the community to talk, it has become a place for the leet to show of their leetness sometimes longtime after they quit.

from a place where the community comes toghether, it has evolved into a monster that must certainly kill any newcommers enthousiasm.

Do we need a new community forum ? or is there a chance for the mods to weed out the herbs so this again becomes a usable baord for ALL players and not just a select few (sometimes eloquent) verbal nuisances ?

80 % of all the people in my guild refuse to even post on freddies because of its hostile nature.

You know one of the main causes of my profanity on here ? YOU. If you stop posting bolox with the sole intention to flame, you got a good chance to stop the so called "profanity" . It takes two to tango, and you always take the first step.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:
Seriously though, what do you expect people to post here? Look at the threads, and you find "Great RvR tonight!", "FFS STOP ADDING ><", "FAO XXXX" etc...

i like the times when people post that they had a great experience.
i feel symphatie with the people who post they had a bad night.
I dislike profanity
I get angry with people throwing verbal abuse and can be rather unreasonable as a result.

If people would want people not to add, using the words like `FFS` and `NOOB` works contraproductive in general.

Arethir said:
Tbh personally I've seen alot MORE threads about the good stuff happening in RvR lately than ever before. People are soooo happy if they can only have one single fg fight a night, that they make a post about it, which is great imo, that they show apprectiation and encourages more groups to come and fight and enjoy it. But it's still alot.

as far as i am concerned, the players still playing have in general a better attitude and try to make the best out of it. the amount of players that went lost is saddening, but i think the `playing community` AS FAR AS I CAN TELL has become a nicer place.

Arethir said:
If you want nice friendly forums and a "place for the community to talk", you have the general discussion or albion discussion or whatever. This is the RvR section.

good point i guess :/

as much as i hate middies and hibbies ingame, i wanted to think that outgame we could all get allong.

to quote the late great philospher Lennon,

Imagine all the people,...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
You know one of the main causes of my profanity on here ? YOU. If you stop posting bolox with the sole intention to flame, you got a good chance to stop the so called "profanity" . It takes two to tango, and you always take the first step.

i guess you fall in the category of vengefull ex english cluster players ?

What did I ever do wrong to you ?

cmr

Banned
And ofcourse its back to the old

"Im a nice guy because i add and zerg on everything and dont give a shit whether anyone else has fun but myself and my di bot"

and

"Your a wanker irl because you were/are a better player than me and even though you played fg vs fg rvr and didnt interfere in my type of rvr i still hate you! because you physically force me to click any post with the word agramon and then proceed to copy and paste my whine from my storage bank of whine while i wait for moc3 to come back up"

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
"Im a nice guy because i add and zerg on everything and dont give a shit whether anyone else has fun but myself and my di bot"

i zerg, yes, i don`t add on sight. i have a di bot wich is great for `duoing` with my ice wiz, i prefer a real played cleric anyday however.

cmr said:
"Your a wanker irl because you were/are a better player than me and even though you played fg vs fg rvr and didnt interfere in my type of rvr i still hate you! because you physically force me to click any post with the word agramon and then proceed to copy and paste my whine from my storage bank of whine while i wait for moc3 to come back up"

maybe you are a better player, not me to say no to that. do you honestly think i mind people who are better than me ? do you think i am jealous if that were the case ? do you think i care about agrammon ? i haven`t been there in like 5 months. you know why ? because it doesn`t appeal me. months ago already, a lot of us made the decision of `let them have agramon, if that`s what it`ll take to make em shut up`.

Any idea of how many times i run over beno bridge and see 1 enemy who would only be a roadbump to me and just ignore and run past ? ok, if they wave to me, it helps to be left allone ;) on the other hand, if you are solo around a place like a bridge, dont whine if you get steamrolled.

i am disgusted how people like you just demonize the people who you don`t like and just claim they are responsible for every possible `sin` you can think of if you have clearly no clue who the person is or how he acts ingame.

and i don`t have moc ;)

i guess you fall in the category of `vengefull ex cluster players` too ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not sure this RvR board was ever a friendly place but it sure used to be a lot friendlier.

Part of the reason the cluster will be a bit happier in game is that a lot of the people who were frustrated out of boredom have (finally) sodded off to do something else. Their anger stemming not so much their playstyle but the fact that they were bored/frustrated.

Shame they have to troll here though.

Plus, it might be perspective but tbh I see a lot more people posting/sending abuse at zergers/adders than who scream abuse at the leet ;) but that might just be because I'm not likely to be thought of as leet ever, and therefore not likely to get any leet-abuse, skewing my view. It's also possibly that the people who would whine about the leet aren't likely to post on here.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

You could always start your own forum if you dont like this one.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
so many threads about the same topic with the same people posting the same whines, rvr section is pretty shit now imo, infact wtf am i doing even in this section?!

no more threads about the state of the server and get back to the good old fao threads, much more entertaining and personal :kissit:

cmr

Banned
Appollo said:
I blame Septina :twak:

true story

lancg8.jpg

Zede

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
i guess you fall in the category of vengefull ex english cluster players ?

What did I ever do wrong to you ?

guess you didnt see my rezz that dead 11l2 ice wziz the other night then ?

Muly, your prolly the most famous flamer from the "nice guy irl" camp on FH in the last 6 months. In so many threads you incite flaming with abandon. You sure are forgetful.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muylaetrix said:
from MY (damn me) PoV, most of the `leet` people have buggered of to german and US servers.

I think the people LEFT on the cluster are in general ingame friendlier than the people before the whole thing.

recently the amount of times i`ve seen people throw profanity at eachother ingame has drastically diminished.

As far as i am concerned the server became a nicer place, but the cost in players had been horrific.

ofc they have every right to do so, but to me at the moment, freddies has become a place where ex cluster players come to insult people and stopped being a general board for the `average` player.

... all these are my OPINIONS. we all know that opinions are personal and individual. i am NOT trying to start flamewar MCLIV. try NOT see this post as flamebait.

Tis was the most interesting bit of all your post, hypocrisy 4tw lol

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, the FH community used to be friendly and helpful? Fuck me, I must've been on holiday or something.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Muyl,

why do you do this? If you wanted FH to be more postive why do you start a thread that you know full well will result in flames?

What is a forum for? Do you think its a place where people come to discuss inanely about how they had a great night in RvR and how everyone is feeling better? Or is it a place for debate and argument?

I would have thought that if you were seriously worried about the fact that the server has been damaged by people leaving (nice to see you finally admit that of course) that you would try to argue with them and convince them it is in fact great. Or perhaps (shock horror) you might even think about how it might be possible to get that group back in game since a lot of them still have active accounts with GOA.

You don't do that though. It is probably because your not really sure about those ex players. Are you sure they were all 'leet' assholes? Is it so sad they are gone? If the server is nice and cool why even post here? Are you admitting you need those 'leet assholes'?

Its almost like your not really sure what this forum is supposed to do. If that is the case then I would be a bit worried about handing out advice to the Mods about what to do with it....

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
guess you didnt see my rezz that dead 11l2 ice wziz the other night then ?

Muly, your prolly the most famous flamer from the "nice guy irl" camp on FH in the last 6 months. In so many threads you incite flaming with abandon. You sure are forgetful.

i get rezzed soo many times over a night :( And i `ve never been that great at remembering all the names :/

yeah, i am probably one of the more vocal people in the "casual" camp. the casual camp is by defenition not very vocal on forums anyway. some exceptions ofc.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
most people i came across ingame didn't use fh, cause of the whines

the the OT section is hot;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom