Civiliel uber sb banned from DAOC for bugabusing?!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
People who try to justify a perma ban for someone who is escaping in water should really consider buying a brain implant.

If i swim, a scout is shooting me down to 5% hp, i get to him, he starts kiting...
Then i should just swim very slowly as if i would have 5% hp on land or else i deserve permban.

retards

you shouldn't abuse a bug...simple

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Gibbo said:

I was at 5% health after a fight earlier and had no waterbreathing.. the land was crawling with enemies. Should I have dived and drowned instead of "abusing" this bug that for some reason makes me swim faster when surfaced?

I'll RN myself right away.

(this is still assuming he actually got banned for that bug)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Fenderon said:
I was at 5% health after a fight earlier and had no waterbreathing.. the land was crawling with enemies. Should I have dived and drowned instead of "abusing" this bug that for some reason makes me swim faster when surfaced?

I'll RN myself right away.

(this is still assuming he actually got banned for that bug)

aye and thanks to the malmo bug, spindelhalla bug, valv bug, vanern bug i think almost whole midgard would be banned

also the old los bugs, the savage bugs, the several housing bugs, the frontier bugs, the mob bugs, the npc bugs, don't forget the portal bugs, the df bugs...

yep, i think they should perma ban every mid player on earth, and lets say 90% of both albion and hibernia.

Kanim

Banned
Gibbo said:

he was banned for speedhacking not bug abusing, it shows mythic don't even know their own game.. simple.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Kanim said:
he was banned for speedhacking not bug abusing, it shows mythic don't even know their own game.. simple.

Well we all know Mythic don't have a clue at the best of times.

Still doesn't get past the fact, you shouldn't abuse a bug just coz it's there in order to win or escape.. cheating is still cheating which ever way you put it

Heh http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2239.shtml

illu

Part of the furniture
Zzang said:
How can you compare breaking into ones homes with swimming in water with low hp?
It's more like: Im walking on the street, i accidently step on a chewing gum, then accidently step on another persons 10 dollar bill, it's stuck there and i notice it when i come home. Suddenly FBI charges in and sentence me directly to death, no trial.

This post made me laugh so hard :> Classic Zzang :p
And sounds like Sanya has pretty much said they were speedhacking apparently ^^. We'll never know :/

Oli - Illu

Lethul

FH is my second home
angrysquirrel said:
why on earth are people sticking up for someone who hacked or abused bugs ?

im going to break into your house tonight because i want your pc and take it but because your doors are easily openable with a small wrench, technically you have encouraged me to break into your house and its your fault im a criminal. you should be punished!

you couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Zzang said:
How can you compare breaking into ones homes with swimming in water with low hp?
It's more like: Im walking on the street, i accidently step on a chewing gum, then accidently step on another persons 10 dollar bill, it's stuck there and i notice it when i come home. Suddenly FBI charges in and sentence me directly to death, no trial.

Well put :) :worthy:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
It's strange I've never noticed any bug with the water suface and low HP, although I guess I almost always fight below.

Personally I think while obviously a talented SB he was doing something he really shouldn't have been (I'm thinking 3rd party app), Mythic doesn't just ban people for no good reason. If they did the PR would be awful, and that's the last thing any company wants - not to mention the risk of litigation as it's the US.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Almost every player in this game should be banned for strafe abusing to fumble styles/miss spells
its a bug and you intentionally do it

But guess what mythic turns a blind eye

yes it is the same thing, you are intentionally abusing a bug

therefore all saying he deserved it shoudl report themselves asap if they ever strafe abused in the game

Septina

Part of the furniture
Strafe abusing, run through, dps debuff spammage, waterbug swimming....
If Mythic/GoA banned everyone that abused any kind of bug in this game ther would be a very small percentage of players left.

Quite simple, most people that find a bug that gives them an advantage will abuse it till Mythic/GoA says 'nono, abusing this will be a bannable offence.'

I mean look back to the OF days... how many healers/theus/chanters did NOT abuse asd?

Even further back, the amnesia bug on bards?
Had a whole lot of bard running around perma amnesiaing.

Bugs will always be a part of the game and there will always be people abusing them. :)

Instead of banning people for it it would be a nice change if Mythic got their hand out of their arses and fixed the bugs instead. :]

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Well we all know Mythic don't have a clue at the best of times.

Still doesn't get past the fact, you shouldn't abuse a bug just coz it's there in order to win or escape.. cheating is still cheating which ever way you put it

Heh http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2239.shtml

Mythic once again show their immense stupidity by calling their customers morons, losers and scumbags because they did something that Mythic themselves is responsible for. That is not how a professional company treat their customers.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Mythic once again show their immense stupidity by calling their customers morons, losers and scumbags because they did something that Mythic themselves is responsible for. That is not how a professional company treat their customers.

Uh no, seems Mythic are pretty sure it was speedhacking, not abusing a game bug. Guess it's easier to stick with the "dumb Mythic screwed up again" theory though ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
People who try to justify a perma ban for someone who is escaping in water should really consider buying a brain implant.

If i swim, a scout is shooting me down to 5% hp, i get to him, he starts kiting...
Then i should just swim very slowly as if i would have 5% hp on land or else i deserve permban.

retards

Way to go...fail to read and comprehend the points made then call people retards. The irony...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
rure said:

Excactly, that reply from mythic is totally unacceptable!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Instead of banning people for it it would be a nice change if Mythic got their hand out of their arses and fixed the bugs instead. :]

Of course it would...on the other hand, if they did start dishing out a few bans people would stop abusing them very quickly which would be a-good-thing all round :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if you abuse a bug you should be banned as its cheating, you cant say radar/speed hacking is bad but texture abuse or in this case the water bug is ok, where do you draw the line? some of the people here saying its fine to use bugs were quite happy to whine about the asd bug.

This far into the games life cycle there really shouldnt be that many bugs left, there are still loads of bugs that were around when the game started that still havent been fixed, mythic are just plain lazy.

illu

Part of the furniture
And a link to a vid showing the bug - I wonder how many people will use it now? Saying that - I think in some cases - it is pretty much unavoidable.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Merlin/b20666/92466128/?8

But I read somewhere that Civiliel was moving faster than speed6? The only time I've moved pretty fast is on a skald croc ring while sprinting, or the hastener outside the keep + sprint once Rezz sick is over.

Anyway - gonna miss the Civ + Evenodds videos :/

Oli - Illu

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't even think it's abusing a "bug"

I mean, if people are beating on me near water and I am at 1% health do I :

a) try to make a run for it ?
b) sit down ?
c) say to myself : ohhhh no, I can't go in the water as it's buggy ?

Erulin the Bloody

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Uh no, seems Mythic are pretty sure it was speedhacking, not abusing a game bug. Guess it's easier to stick with the "dumb Mythic screwed up again" theory though ;)

Uh, yes. We have no proof that they were speedhacking, we only have Mythics word that they were speedhacking. Mythic may as well have screwed up or lied to us. I mean, it wouldnt be the first time Mythic lies to their customers. Just woke up so I can only remember two occasions where they lied to us; first it was when they told us that RAs wouldnt have any impact on RvR. Second time they told us that TOA wouldnt have an impact on RvR. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Do not take everything Mythic say for granted. Just because that they say something doesnt mean its true. So yeah, the "dumb Mythic screwed up again"-hypothesis still stands.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
rure said:
...Second time they told us that TOA wouldnt have an impact on RvR. Someone please correct me if I am wrong....

you are correct...but any trace of them saying that has vanished from thier website, they not only lied, they also covered it up

Puppet

Part of the furniture
What tells us he got banned for doing what he described ? Perhaps he's hiding the fact he could also move with Mach21 from Beno to Sauvage or... see that lonely wizard inc from outside cliprange.

There's something missing in the story... obviously if Mythic bans a person, there's a risk for them to loose his money as well, which means lower income. There is no benefit for Mythic at all to ban someone who's not doing something illegal.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Jesus crist.. Some retards working at mythic at seems.. And flim, aparently the apple didnt fell far from the tree eh?
Crist, this is the worst ever. I never knew about this bug untill now, and it wouldnt suprice me if i have been using it unknowingly. And honestly, there is a big difference in window dragging / LoS abusing or what ever.. and to just not diving. I dont get it.
Btw, are you still playing raven? :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
We have no proof that they were speedhacking, we only have Mythics word that they were speedhacking.

...and you don´t have any proof that it wasn´t, yet you´re insisting on your prejudices and consider them facts. I mean.. seriously.. if you don´t believe the investigations and observations of the company that´s running the game and who´re having access to data and informations that you´ll never have, then why do you believe the word of someone you don´t know and never met?

Mythic may as well have screwed up or lied to us. I mean, it wouldnt be the first time Mythic lies to their customers.

Why on earth should they a. ban one of their paying customers and then b. lie to the rest of their customer base? They don´t ban people out of the blue and for the fun of it. They´ll think twice before actually banning someone, because an unjustiofied ban will automatically cause a wave of complains. There´s no apparent reason why Mythic would ban someone who doesn´t deserve it.

Second time they told us that TOA wouldnt have an impact on RvR. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

This is an urban legend, the LochNess equivalent of DAoC. Mythic never said that. Still, it´s the same mechanism.. somebody cam eup with this quote, people adopted it because it sounds good and fits nicely into the "OMG THEY ARE SO INCOMPETENT" pattern and now it´s considered a fact.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2430691&postcount=21

Again, if he was just swimming on top of the surface, abusing this bug (more or less deliberately), then a perma ban IS a harsh decision in relation to the threatment of other acts of cheating. However, if he doesn´t tell the entire truth and there was something more involved (and there´s no reason to believe him more than Mythic or vice versa), then neither you, nor me or anybody else on this board is in a position to judge anyone. We just don´t know.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
The thing that looks a bit wierd mate.. They gave him a 7 days brake.. Then he emailed em about what he had been doing etc.. Then he got perma banned..
Maybe they should go down in Coruscating mines or what its called in hib.. Then they could just start permabanning all the los abusers down there. But they dont, they give em 3 days warnings. But they just ban people for not diving :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Do not take everything Mythic say for granted. Just because that they say something doesnt mean its true. So yeah, the "dumb Mythic screwed up again"-hypothesis still stands.

I don't take anything Mythic say for granted...you don't play an armsman for 4.5 years and have any reason to trust them ;)

Just because some high rr sb who's made some videos and whose mates say is a nice guy says he is innocent, doesn't make it true. You have Mythic stating they have recently banned a number of speedhackers, the fact that the guy's ban was extended from 7 days to permanent and people who witnessed him travelling unusually quickly. I'm sorry , but the "dumb Mythic screwed up again" hypothesis looks weak.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
the water "bug" has been there forever. It has not even been put as a bug by Mythic yet. No idea how they didn´t know about it.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Check the Herald guys, Sanya Thomas just posted about the banningS (seems there was more then 1) and about the water bug.

So for god sakes... don't jump off a bridge to try and save your own life.

Erulin the Bloody

"Quote:
Originally Posted by rure
...Second time they told us that TOA wouldnt have an impact on RvR. Someone please correct me if I am wrong....

you are correct...but any trace of them saying that has vanished from thier website, they not only lied, they also covered it up"

Yeah, I got called a liar for saying that... but they DID indeed claim TOA would not affect RvR... I bet is was Lee Harvey Oswald that hacked the herald and posted it there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom