Civiliel uber sb banned from DAOC for bugabusing?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you called me a roleplayer...how else is it supposed to be taken :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
many people in gankgrps only play a few hours a night ;)

note: me not included :p

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well i would say the people that spend 24/7 in game are more roleplayer than someone who spends 1-2 hours every other night. my world does not revolve around daoc, unlike yours :)

Zzang said:
It's not what you play, it's the mentality.

You call us elitists, we call you roleplayers.

I've made the keysentence in both bold and italic for you raven.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
right ok, so how is running 8v8 and running solo any different? both look for competative fights, both look to optimise thier toon/s, the same game mentality, just because i dont speak gibberish doesnt mean i dont have the same goals in-game. what he is essentially saying is he is an "elitist" and anyone not like him is instantly put in the roleplayer box. what i am saying is his definition of roleplayer is wrong and as it turns out he is a roleplayer for spending his life pretending to be a troll (or whatever race)

illu

Part of the furniture
I just think whatever happened, Civiliel took the sb class to pretty much the extreme and showed what could be achieved in a duo which was pretty impressive.
If he did cheat, then it's a damn shame. We'll never really know. Reading somewhere that he got 13,000 appeals against him though, you've got to think that something might have been a bit dodgy somewhere.

On the other hand, perhaps he used every trick he could, abused every bug there is, "kind of" legally as the bugs are in the game and he just used everything to his advantage?

What is scary is just where do you draw the line as to what is a bug, what is a feature and what is or isn't allowed?.
I'd be tempted to go with something where someone is doing something to hurt another player, using a bug, should be appeal/suspend/ban-able, i.e. bainshee's and other classes zapping through walls.
I suppose getting away on the surface of water, using FA2, then coming back to kill your opponent could be classed as doing this. BUT - on the other hand, EVERYONE can do the water bug, so perhaps it is a feature. Shooting people through walls is class specific, so that is bug abuse.

Killing mobs or xping, where it's you against the game - and no other real life people are affected should be ok. If you find a wall that gives you an advantage and no one else is affected, hell, why not pull all the mobs and xp quicker? I've never done it, but obviously the emphasis goes towards the game manufacturers to fix all these bloody bugs and problems.

One day we'll hopefully have a bug-free game, with no radar users, no speedhackers, and maybe the option to copy artifacts and MLs from one toon to another, and race respec stones, and maybe a zone where people in groups are not allowed to go, then everyone will be happy.

Some chance :>

Oli - Illu

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
right ok, so how is running 8v8 and running solo any different? both look for competative fights, both look to optimise thier toon/s, the same game mentality, just because i dont speak gibberish doesnt mean i dont have the same goals in-game. what he is essentially saying is he is an "elitist" and anyone not like him is instantly put in the roleplayer box. what i am saying is his definition of roleplayer is wrong and as it turns out he is a roleplayer for spending his life pretending to be a troll (or whatever race)

Aye when i go to work every morning i bring my axes and chain hauberk.
I was generalsing alot, altho my first statement still stands.
There is people that wants "fair fights" ie no strafe, no runthru, no laming, just stand and spam styles til 1 win.
Ofc it isnt just 2 camps of ppl, but some are more towards this or that way.
I myself couldnt care less if ppl used bugs aslong as they are a feature in the game. (like swimming, strafeing etc) but using 3rd party programs or windowdragging etc isnt included in the game.

And stfu or ill come chop u down with my TROLL AXES!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
That doesnt mean suspended or warned. Just a nice perma ban on something he worked prolly more then 2 years to achieve.

Sure its lame to abuse bugs, but for xxxx sake, it IS a game, not like he abuses bugs to go and rape yo mama irl.

He was RR10, he shouldn't have needed to abuse any bugs to win. You have to wonder how he got to RR10?

I agree btw on the ban been a little harsh, if it was the first time he had been caught using it. I didn't know this bug existed so therefore I could have unknowingly used it, got seen doing it, reported and banned. But it seems that this guy had form and also according to mythic didn't abuse the bug but actually cheated by speedhacking. It's his word against theirs, who do you believe? The self confessed bug abuser or the people that wrote the game?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
Omg, Bracken accusing me for being dumb.
This is it, im gonna take my life now, when someone as respected and well known for his brilliance as Bracken thinks im stupid.

Take a look on the answers "m8" and see for yourself.

Ppl in gankgrps (fpsplayers) tend to agree with the shadowblade.
Ppl in regular (roleplayers (xD)) tend to want him get banned for abusing a BUG.

B A N N E D

That doesnt mean suspended or warned. Just a nice perma ban on something he worked prolly more then 2 years to achieve.

Sure its lame to abuse bugs, but for xxxx sake, it IS a game, not like he abuses bugs to go and rape yo mama irl.

I thought I might have been a bit harsh questioning your intelligence on the basis you either hadn't read or hadn't understood the posts people had made. So thankyou for making this post and removing any self-doubt I may have been having...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Zzang said:
Ppl in gankgrps (fpsplayers) tend to agree with the shadowblade.
Ppl in regular (roleplayers (xD)) tend to want him get banned for abusing a BUG.
the cynical would assume that "fpsplayers" are more likely to "use" unintended game "features" to win and therefore don't like the idea of being banned for it.

There's a big difference between swimming around, and intentionally going to the top of the water whenever you get low hp :p but by the sounds of it he was a speedhacking lamer anyway.

If it was just the water thing I'd have expected a short ban or a warning first mind you but I'd not cry any tears over someone getting banned for it and crying to the VN for sympathy.

Where's this 13000 billion appeals statistic coming from btw? more VN bullshit?

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
He was RR10, he shouldn't have needed to abuse any bugs to win. You have to wonder how he got to RR10?

he is rr10L9...well was anyways, i tink i remember on VN boards he said took more than 3years to do coz he started from beta and remade it after beta etc..

and i also agree that if he had used the exploit for any reason that ban is totally harsh!

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Thought this might settle it for all the people who say that even if he wasn't using speedhack he should be banned for abusing a bug (Despite these very same people most likely abusing countless bugs in the game today)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Asked the EU CSRs about their stance on this matter, the reply I got

"Greetings,
Currently it is as designed although a fix for this is under review. It is not exploiting as a player cannot choose to move slower than normal.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager"

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:

"Greetings,
Currently it is as designed although a fix for this is under review. It is not exploiting as a player cannot choose to move slower than normal.

Yours sincerely,

word.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Zzang said:
Some shit that makes me think im different and cool to others

Have you not been reading any of the posts? I think its safe to say he was using some sort of hack for mythic to have chopped him. This one incident was just the fuse to ignite the investigation of his account.

Stop getting hung up on the bug 'abusing' your so frantically defending. roleplayer and elitist as you say has no meaning here, just because you see it that way doesnt make it true. If there is any pattern emerging it is only that certain people cant read and understand posts or choose to read the parts they can relate to and ignore the rest.

There is no 'You' and 'We', just everyone. Im sure you wont apperciate being put in a catagory where your part of the 'everyone' bit and not an individual snow flake etc.

rure said:
We who "defend" believe him and dont think he have used a 3rd party program. The others tend to believe the pathetic and VERY VERY weak story Mythic have posted on their homepage.

Difference is that Civi and his friend is trying to show that they arent hiding something. Something Mythic seem to do and cover it up by calling their customers: "something less than a good person".

Why does everything have to be black and white for you? Personally speaking and from what I have read in this thread there are plently of people on the side of grey. I dont believe this SB lad as how could you? Anybody posting on a board about their troubles is not going to put the whole truth down or make them selfs seem in the wrong without being ultimately right. I also dont believe it went down as people are saying mythic handled it. There is a happy medium where the truth is and about 5 people know it I would say.

Also while mythics story may be weak as you put it, they havent really defended them self much and as far as Im concernded from the grey corner the sb lads story is pretty weak as well. Also I wouldnt say there trying to show they arent hiding anything more than representing them selfs and inducing some positive influence on others. There not exactly being honest either so that in its self is hiding something.

Xsorus-Merlin said:
Thought this might settle it for all the people who say that even if he wasn't using speedhack he should be banned for abusing a bug (Despite these very same people most likely abusing countless bugs in the game today)

"Greetings,

Yours sincerely,

Great thanks for clearing it up. He wasnt banned for bug abusing. Now all the 'elitists' can stop defending him on that basis. They simply havent said what exactly he was banned for but clearly by the above not for what he states he was. More holes hmm.

Also for people moaning at mythic for being ignorant on the matter, I think you all know alot of mythic's staff play Daoc as well as work there. They also have people dedicated to stuff ingame etc. They know what bugs they have but its a big game with lots of little intricases and lots of people to deal with. So I'd say its safe to say they knew of this 'feature'.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Great thanks for clearing it up. He wasnt banned for bug abusing. Now all the 'elitists' can stop defending him on that basis. They simply havent said what exactly he was banned for but clearly by the above not for what he states he was. More holes hmm.
That was a quote from GOA tho, Mythic might look differently on the matter.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
moik said:
That was a quote from GOA tho, Mythic might look differently on the matter.

True I suppose but dont Mythic generally find the bugs first and then tell Goa? Or is it simply a matter of Mythic and Goa not talking about how they run the game with each other really a sort of " Dont piss in my pond and I wont shit on your plate" type of agreement ?

Either way it leans heavily on the side of his banning being straight up cheating as opposed to bug abusing.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Vindicator said:

To All : He was banned for what Mythic believes to be speed hacking, nothing to do with the water bug... If Mythic have reason to believe he speed hacks they can do whatever they like. Its his word against theres, chose which ever you wanna believe.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
see next
for asking several time a good explination

Discussion Thread
Response (CM) xx/xx/xxxx 08:27 PM
You have the opportunity at this point to stop replying to this issue.
I
have explained that the suspension stands. If you continue with this
you are
facing a longer suspension for harrassment.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
popa said:
see next
for asking several time a good explination

Discussion Thread
Response (CM) xx/xx/xxxx 08:27 PM
You have the opportunity at this point to stop replying to this issue.
I
have explained that the suspension stands. If you continue with this
you are
facing a longer suspension for harrassment.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

European?

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
This happened on US servers? Im confused.
that DONT have any connection whit civiliel

that waz after a problem on excalibur for a 3 day suspension on toa and after asking several time on 3 days for a good explication receave that

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Ive seen this water abuse bug being used b4. At the time we thought it was spd hacking too and rightly reported the players for using it <in leirvik> . But now i know what it actually was :)

Still glad i reported him ofc, its still a pathetic bug abuse especially as the guy was a vamp and he was running away. They shuld remove the sprint button from vamps and make them have a player magnet imo

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
popa said:
that DONT have any connection whit civiliel

that waz after a problem on excalibur for a 3 day suspension on toa and after asking several time on 3 days for a good explication receave that

Got ya now, sorry.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
what i am saying is his definition of roleplayer is wrong and as it turns out he is a roleplayer for spending his life pretending to be a troll

You know you're wasting your breath don't you? ;)

What's amusing is seeing how some people have changed over time - people who now belittle others as "roleplayers", when they themselves used to play with the same "for a laugh" mentality. Just shows how a combination of a few realm ranks, too much IRC and long-term memory loss can lead to a severely reduced personality :(

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:

Spot on Brack. You've always seemed to remain pretty impartial and capable of debate even upon reaching high realm rank. Thats unusual, its probably down to still playing an Armsman thou :D. If I still played properly I would have as well regardless of the pwn factor hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom