Civiliel uber sb banned from DAOC for bugabusing?!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lol.. seems mythic is almost more useless then goa when it comes to handling such things

SvMontrey

Fledgling Freddie
last words? if they keep perma ban every1 no1 will stay to play this game anymore :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
He used a bug to cheat.

He got banned.

Fair trade?

Seems a little harsh but :(

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
eggy said:
He used a bug to cheat.

He got banned.

Fair trade?

Supposing, that what he said is true than, imho, he is not "abusing" a bug, since theres no such rule in anywhere that says, when u're under 20% health or something, you got to dive. If u see a video that a savage made, it clearly shows that theres a bug, so he isn't doing anything wrong. Its Mythic's fault that this bug exists, and specially this one, doesn't have to be avoided, according to the rules. So they should unban his chars, coz its their fault, ONLY their fault. He would be guilty if they made the rule, that no one below a certain % of health, could move above water, since theres a bug. They didn't, so its their fault. (sorry if its a lil repetitive, but i'm like that, go a big way, to get to the point i want)

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
7-day ban = OK in this situation
PERMA ban = fucking far out!

Cozak

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
He used a bug to cheat.

He got banned.

Fair trade?

Yeah, but eggy, he said he told Mythic about this bug, and I assume others have done as well, and they have just ignored it. Mythic failing to acknowledge their own ignorance then banning someone for a problem which was entirely theirs is something I would expect from GoA.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
personally i hardly see it as bug abuse, instead of banning people for stuff like this, fix the fucking thing...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Eregion said:
personally i hardly see it as bug abuse, instead of banning people for stuff like this, fix the fucking thing...

and will they are at it, bann eregion!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that should be 3 day ban and slapped wrist.

getting perma ban for that is like giving someone a booking in footy for pulling their shirt over there head when they score a goal.

sounds like CSR thought it was speed hack and the could not be assed to traul through logs or investigate the bug to verify other wise.

Either that or mythic know summin we dont and he was hacking. I dont think thats the case though.

like speed hack is for real lamers and they get banned fast.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
...and he will keep on spoon-feeding the village-idiots at Mythix by rerolling instead of quit...amazing...or just idiotic.

:eek2:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
You all forget one important key issue.

He will obviously have altered his story, hidden key facts etc etc to make Mythic look bad and get the sympathy vote. People do this all the time when banned; some crack and the truth comes out, some don't.

Chances are, he was only going to get a temporary, but he replied abusively or Mythic realised he'd already had a seven day.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Does nobody else find the 'I'm totally devastated at mythic unfairly banning my account, but I'm going to keep paying them money and start a new account' just a little bit odd?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Arkian said:
Does nobody else find the 'I'm totally devastated at mythic unfairly banning my account, but I'm going to keep paying them money and start a new account' just a little bit odd?

Not really seeing as daoc is just about the only decent online game out there. :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:

Been reading a bit more... and I have to agree...

And take this one for example;

"Well, I'm glad to see Mythic cracking down on cheaters. For one I was witness to Cilivele's little trick, and yes, I'm aware of the surface 100% movement speed bug. Myself and a bard were chasing him down ON TOP OF THE WATER (meaning all 3 of us should have no movement penalties according to this little "bug") while the bard was twisting speed and end song and we were sprinting. However Cilivele STILL manages to pull away and almost outrun us until a hib caster jus happened to stun him. Now...tell me, how does a SB manage to outrun Speed 6 when both are on top of the water? I can think of at least 9 appeals he got right there alone, all those people he was outrunning. So I'm guessing this guy has well over a few thousand appeals if he's RR11 and probably 90% of those for speedhacking / exploiting. Now, for Mythic ot figure out how to ban lagcasters and I'll be happy."

Hm...^^

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
bug abuse = showing incompetence from Mythic

The old bugs still exist, they just dont want to work on it to solving them.

There are a lot of bugs still waiting to be fixed.

Jox said:
...and he will keep on spoon-feeding the village-idiots at Mythix by rerolling instead of quit...amazing...or just idiotic.

:eek2:

maybe he likes the game?????

didn't he say he e-mailed them before he got banned about the bug? and they chose to ignore it? then ban someone for 'using it'? stupid twats.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
hacker and bug abuser got banned then.....good if you ask me

i would feel sorry for him if what he got banned for he knew nothing about, but he knew exactly what he was doing was exploiting a bug so therefore how can anyone feel sorry for him?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
didn't he say he e-mailed them before he got banned about the bug? and they chose to ignore it? then ban someone for 'using it'? stupid twats.

Or what he says and what the facts are are different ;)

Limitless

Fledgling Freddie
really sucks to loose a character like that, but dont do the chrime if you cant do the time

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
... that's one more coin in my hat for allways being carefull that im not using a bug somehow in the game without knowing ...
(yes Bracken i know he used the bug while knowing it was there, so dont even start :p)

Still i think it's the lamest decision i have ever heard off that mythic/goa have taken ...
The 7 day ban was in order ofc... The ban wasn't. what the hell were they thinking? He even wants to show them how it works etc etc... and still they are just ignoring him, instead of getting such a huge bug fixed. Makes me wonder about how the things are taken care of etc...

I hope he will be happy about his ns tho... Skilled player imo

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
You all forget one important key issue.

He will obviously have altered his story, hidden key facts etc etc to make Mythic look bad and get the sympathy vote. People do this all the time when banned; some crack and the truth comes out, some don't.

Chances are, he was only going to get a temporary, but he replied abusively or Mythic realised he'd already had a seven day.

On the other hand: He was nearly rr11, who the hell needs to speedhack as rr fuckin' 11 shadowblade? :eek7:

Watched his movie #4 and #5, he didn't really seem like a clueless noob to me :)

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
why on earth are people sticking up for someone who hacked or abused bugs ?

im going to break into your house tonight because i want your pc and take it but because your doors are easily openable with a small wrench, technically you have encouraged me to break into your house and its your fault im a criminal. you should be punished!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
is like the bug if u ontop of the water on low health u dont slow down??

Like if your under the water or on land u kind of snare right down when low on health??

If so then does that mean if we swim above water when low on hits we are bug abusing?

Or is he doing something suspect while above water to make him not get the near death snare effect?

rure

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel said:

im going to break into your house tonight because i want your pc and take it but because your doors are easily openable with a small wrench, technically you have encouraged me to break into your house and its your fault im a criminal. you should be punished!

If you tried to read this thread you'd understand why peole are upset.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Shows how ignorant mythic really are

I believe him anyhow.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
People who try to justify a perma ban for someone who is escaping in water should really consider buying a brain implant.

If i swim, a scout is shooting me down to 5% hp, i get to him, he starts kiting...
Then i should just swim very slowly as if i would have 5% hp on land or else i deserve permban.

retards

Calo

Part of the furniture
angrysquirrel said:

Right if you break into my house im allowed to defend myself so yes, you will be dead then.

hf trying.

tho if someone points you out that your door is open, you will thank him, not kill him?

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel said:

How can you compare breaking into ones homes with swimming in water with low hp?
It's more like: Im walking on the street, i accidently step on a chewing gum, then accidently step on another persons 10 dollar bill, it's stuck there and i notice it when i come home. Suddenly FBI charges in and sentence me directly to death, no trial.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
perm ban everyone who abuses bugs, would suit me just fine. will stop some of the lame shite thats crept into this game in the last year or so and is becoming accepted as "normal" behaviour...

alternatively, mythic could stop making whatever bullshit expansion they're working on atm and actually spend some money/time fixing the game :wanker:'s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom