Civiliel uber sb banned from DAOC for bugabusing?!

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
gg Mythic
gogo ruin smth more, instead listen to player input if they say smth usefull

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Aye he was dealt with very harshly.. Looks like they dont like ppl contesting vacations either.. i.e. change of 7 day ban to perma-ban.
Basically hes been accused of 3rd party speed hack when he was using water bug in game instead.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
If he is telling the truth then thats very harsh indeed, I liked his SB movies alot and I think he was a very good player.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
A CELEBRITY GETTING BANNED.... NOOOOOOOOOO. givf unban on him :\

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
assuming he's telling the truth ;)

.. he's just a bug abusing cheater instead of a third-party-installing cheater...

don't see why high RR or the fact you've made movies should make you above the rules of the game...

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

.. he's just a bug abusing cheater instead of a third-party-installing cheater...

don't see why high RR or the fact you've made movies should make you above the rules of the game...

Just that everyone kinda use it (at least in US), just that he is more famous and people who always die to him QQ and report him due to recognising his name even tho they use the same exploit them self. 7 day ban sure, perm ban.. to harsh imo.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I’m going the same speed as them in the water when I’m at 1% Hp. I’m able to do this because of a water bug, it allows you to go 100% water speed without being at full health, even if you are at .5% healthpoints, you will stay going 100% water speed, this only works if you are on top of the water.

So...

he basically just went on the water surface and just swam is that it ?

If so what would you have done if you were fleeing ? gone under water or ..?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
If they believed he had been using a speedhack he should have had a permanent ban in the first place.

As for being permanently banned for abusing a bug (which is what he is claiming)...hmm I'm trying to feel sorry for someone who has purposely abused a bug many times in order to avoid simply losing a fight. Harsh? Sure. Do I feel sorry for him? Not really...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
So...

he basically just went on the water surface and just swam is that it ?

If so what would you have done if you were fleeing ? gone under water or ..?

My understanding (by the way it's described) is that he actually has to do something other than just swimming to get it to work. Plus if Mythic checked the logs then I would guess something showed up for him to be perma-banned.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
If they believed he had been using a speedhack he should have had a permanent ban in the first place.

As for being permanently banned for abusing a bug (which is what he is claiming)...hmm I'm trying to feel sorry for someone who has clearly abused a bug many times in order to avoid simply losing a fight. Harsh? Sure. Do I feel sorry for him? Not really...

It more shows how mythic reacts on bugs...
so for every bug we should make 10 mails, 20 vids (with extra info + the code they have to type) ?

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:

HAHHAHAHAHhahahahahah

.... NOT diving is bugabuse?

i wonder what where going on in their minds... smth like... weeeelllllllllllll he didnt dive when he was on low hp so guess he deserves a permban

yeah that will teach ppl! :eek7:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
GG Mythic..

Mythic just banned their own ignorance. Its a bug they didnt bother(or is too stupid) to fix even when Civi appealed it. What the fuck was he supposed to do?, just sit down or die instead of surfacing or jump into the water and try to get away?. lolplz

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I saw the video made by one of the other players, 100% waterspeed when surface with little HP .. but slow as hell on land/under water..

assuming that he was banned for the 100% speed with little health when swimming on surface.. that is indeed silly as you can't really expect people to stay away from the surface of water.

It's a whole type of different bug(abuse) than say make a NPC give you 200 plats because it's bugged in some way (the house-deed thing they disabled). It can just be plain hard to avoid.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I suppose the issue is whether a bug has to be actively used or would occur whatever you did.

If he was fighting on the water surface and was able to move away from the person about to kill him because of the bug it's not abuse as such. However, if he was fighting below the surface and runs to the surface because he knows that way he can get away he is activating the bug deliberately and should be penalised accordingly or perhaps more likely they are fighting on land and run to the water to escape because of the bug.

Whilst it does seem harsh to go from 7-day to perma ban he seems to have continually pointed out he was using a bug rather than a 3rd party program which might not be the most sensible approach. Please unban me I wasn't cheating I was 'using' a bug?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
My understanding (by the way it's described) is that he actually has to do something other than just swimming to get it to work. Plus if Mythic checked the logs then I would guess something showed up for him to be perma-banned.

no, all you have to do is swim on the surface, in order to slow down he have to dive.

Scenario for you.

You get hit to low hp, jump into the water and start swimming. You realise you are about to get away but dooh, you are swimming on the surface so you are not slowed down by the low HP, you then stop and wait for the person chasing you so he can kill you... I think not, you just keep swimming and hope you get away in time.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
so basicly if you got less then 20% hp left. you HAVE to dive under water else its perma ban?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
so basicly if you got less then 20% hp left. you HAVE to dive under water else its perma ban?

Yep yep, you are not allowed to swim ontop of water if you have less than 20% hp

xDDDDDDDDDDD@Mythic

rure

Fledgling Freddie
If he is telling the truth mythic is well retarded.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst I think mythics response and the way they handled it is rather poor, and the fact they havent fixed the bug/exploit is inexcusable I do not think the ban is harsh.

He knew there was a bug and he admitted to knowingly abusing it, therefore he deserved what he got.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
no, all you have to do is swim on the surface, in order to slow down he have to dive.

It basically comes down to intention. As Favail described, if the fight is on the surface and you swim away because you would anyway then it's not abusing it. If you are fighting beneath the surface or on land and, seeing your health dropping, you purposely move to the surface because you know you will be able to get away due to the bug then it's abusing it. You have purposely taken an action that exploits a bug to avoid losing. That's basically the difference. Looking at the guy's post, I'd say he had done it many times.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
It basically comes down to intention. As Favail described, if the fight is on the surface and you swim away because you would anyway then it's not abusing it. If you are fighting beneath the surface or on land and, seeing your health dropping, you purposely move to the surface because you know you will be able to get away due to the bug then it's abusing it. You have purposely taken an action that exploits a bug to avoid losing. That's basically the difference. Looking at the guy's post, I'd say he had done it many times.

I agree with you bracken. But the fact that he got a perma-ban is just pure and utter stupidity. A 7-day warning ban or something I could've understood, but a perma-ban...

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
mythic has the braincells of a alchoholic puppy is it the players fault he swims faster on surface? not really

being mythic i reacon he was fighting one of thier gms on his normal acc and kicked his sorry ass one to many times

Everz

FH is my second home
Bracken said:

Well basically to avoid a ban you would have to stay underwater, i know if a fight starts going wrong i would want to get out there fast and not die.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
So far, we´re facing the following situation:

1. someone got banned

2. this someone gave an explanation why he (in his opinion) got banned

Nobody here on FH really knows what has happened there, if they found some more (other) evidence, let alone if his explanation is correct. We simply don´t know if this is true or what is true. However, it doesn´t keep people from judging without hearing the other side of the story first or with full insight.

IF he was just exploiting this bug and nothing else as he claims, then the reaction was certainly very harsh, considering the (IMO worse) cases of radar users or speedhackers. But who knows, maybe he just came up with this explanation to camo something even worse, because he knows that Mythic does not and will not explain/prove/justify their actions.

Oh... and a nice counter-example for all those people who keep thinking that the grass is always greener on the US side because "GoA sucks anyways" and everything.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
I agree with you bracken. But the fact that he got a perma-ban is just pure and utter stupidity. A 7-day warning ban or something I could've understood, but a perma-ban...

Yeah it's harsh...although it's him claiming it was just that bug he was abusing. Mythic believe it was speedhacking, though ofc they could have got it wrong.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Well basically to avoid a ban you would have to stay underwater, i know if a fight starts going wrong i would want to get out there fast and not die.

If you purposely surfaced with the intention of abusing the bug to get away then I'd say you deserve a ban (albeit a 7 day for first time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom