Civiliel uber sb banned from DAOC for bugabusing?!

Everz

FH is my second home
Javai said:
And that is exactly why he may find a lack of sympathy around here - in other words he only fights where he knows there's a bug to abuse to win?

.. Stupid?

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
even tho i think permabanning is too harsh for using speedhack etc, mythic wudnt do it unless they had proof of thirdparty program.

so point is he got permabanned for using speedhack not for bugabusing. fun too see how many of u sympathize with a banned cheater tbh.

and imo FIX bugs instead of banning ppl exploiting them!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
OR it is because all the good spots for stealther fights are around places there are water in the proximity. For example, docks, bridges and drop offs.

You'd think so, however when his mate posts this...

Xsorus-Merlin said:
Ciliviel only fights near the water so he can kite

and goes on to say how it's fine to knowingly abuse the bug then, bizarre as it may seem, it looks like Favail made a perfectly fair point.

Xsorus-Merlin said:
They're not banned, Why is this? Because they're not stupid with it.

And yet your mate was banned, so we can therefore conclude... :p

Sorry bud, call me cynical but nothing you've posted is the least bit convincing.

Anyways, I'm bored with this one now. Let's move along to the next DAOC drama... :drink:

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
So many bitter people. What is with all the people calling other people retards because they have an opinion? because it doesnt fit your own? Think about it with your huge brains and say retard 1000 times while you think it. Perhaps afterwards you wont want to just spout it everytime somebody disagrees with you or actually states their opinion.

Also can anybody be original with their insults, there are so many insults in english to use yet many seem to just say 1 which only shows somebody for their bigotry and lack of a good dictionary / thesaurus. I will concede that some people are not english and have never lived in an english speaking area so do not know other insults except those they have acquired online.

Dont really know what the fuss is about, most of you are getting caught on the allegation that he was banned for using a water bug. Lets sherlock holmes this storys ass.

- We know for a fact he was suspended for 'abusing' a water bug.

- We know 7 days later he was banned.

- We know many players have accused him of cheating and 'abusing' bugs, which isnt an admission or necesserilly an inclination of the above but lets face it the indians did have a point about no smoke without fire.

- We know he is rerolling a new character after spending god knows how many days of his life pouring him/her self into this character and moulding them working hard on everything about them, yet when he is banned for bug 'abusing' he objects profusely and sends 10 e-mails and makes a post on the highly respected VN boards that seem trust worthy, only to say he intends to keep on playing because he lacks the imagination to think of something else to do with his time.

Yes yes somebody said maybe he likes the game. I like chinese food but if the cook kept putting his love juice in my food I dont think I would keep ordering from him.

So anyway , He got suspended for using a bug. Potientially from here, they investigated his account and saw he speed hacks so they banned him. Mythic/Goa said they were going to be tough on cheaters and so far they have been true to their word. Yet when they show their strong stance on cheating people complain because some person who makes a few movies and says boohoo goa are lame for banning me, I am rr11 and I only used a bug alot therefore I will not use any other advantage I can get my hands on as I believe in fair fights as long as I have an advantage.

As for this VN blow in who is giving us the 'full' story. All I can say in the words of your people. Dude were not so gullable as to believe a guy who comes onto an internet board protesting his innocence with no proof or having any credibility. Your own story has as many holes in it as a block of swiss cheese which I think you ate right after you drank an entire bottle of wine. I only speak for my self but please breath your wine smelling cheese breath were people will sniff it.

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
"- We know for a fact he was suspended for 'abusing' a water bug."

Wrong, I've actually had to explain this about 100 times now, and personally its getting old, the CSR contacted him while he was sitting at Uppland and said he was being Suspended for SPEEDHACKING, not abusing a water bug, How does the water bug fit into the story? Because the CSR saw him USING the water bug and thought it was SPEEDHACKING. He was never suspended for using a bug, nor banned for one. If after all this time this concept of the story has failed to elude you, then I wouldn't actually post anything on the subject matter, let alone an opinion. You've failed to understand the basic part of the story itself.

"- We know 7 days later he was banned."

See Above, he was Suspended for speedhacking and while he's suspended they check over logs to determine if he was, Then issue a ban.

"- We know many players have accused him of cheating and 'abusing' bugs, which isnt an admission or necesserilly an inclination of the above but lets face it the indians did have a point about no smoke without fire."

Of the people who've accused him of speedhacking, Every single one of them has been in the water, Infact the people who supposably reported him that day said he never moved at god speed, The only instance where someone has actually said he has cheated after it has been explained to him is the Bard/Vampiir Duo who posted in that thread, They're notorius for accusing every one of cheating. Infact I can actually give you the original link and you'll see their story matches zero with what happened. Fact is even their own realm thinks they're douches and don't know crap about the game, The vampiir types out /sprint if you're wondering how easy it is to kite him.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Killibury_Cluster_/b22956/91875496/p1

Is the link for the thread of those guys, By the way, If you still don't believe they accuse everyone of cheating, They actually believed he speedhacked because FZ bugged and didn't drag Ciliviel along (I'm sure everyone here has had this happen, It looks like you've not been hit by FZ on your screen, but you cannot do anything because you've actually been hit by it, On their screen it looks like you're moving along but you cannot hit the person being FZed)

You have to look at this for what it is, Everyone who fought him that day said he was near water/bridges when they did, He pretty much always fights during that, Even after Sanya's post that night people were still bitching about the water bug and how they banned him for it, Sanya made a later post stating that no one was even near the water (Which she never did in the original herald post) and that he was caught going God Speed appearently in the New Frontier not near any water.

What I find interesting on the whole thing is, That despite all of this, people still believe its not possible that they're trying to cover up that their CSR's wrongly banned someone.

Think about it for a second, You have a Rank 10l9 Shadowblade banned for a bug that has been in the game for over 2 years that appearently a CSR thought was speedhacking, How would this look publically after everyone made a huge stink about on the vnboards.

What would you do if you were running this company, You would cover your ass simple as that.

Thats what they've done.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well i rather believe Mythic then some random SB that openly admits using a bug to his advantage. Not even going to go into the speedhack issue.

However i would merely add... if you had been cheated out of 3+years work on a character would you honestly then go and give that company more money by purchasing the product again and paying the subs?

The fact he happily does this after accusing them of cheating him makes me think his talking shit. But hey, thats just me

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Posted by a Rakir on the peforateartery.com

"cliviel seems like a good guy,have talked to him in game on various toons from time to time....

i am saying....that at some time during the 7 day suspension mythic felt they were 100% certain that something OTHER then the water bug had occured...
what was it? i have no clue,he seems a nice guy and i respect him enough to not call him a liar.

Mythic IS calling him a liar tho...
heres something to think about also..
he was appealed 13700 times in the last 90 days
9000 or so for speedhacking
3000 or so for the water bug
700 or so misc crap.
Thats an astounding amount of appeals(ive been appealed 60 times in 4 years).thats like 150 appeals a day on average which is a mind boggling number.
Mythic feels convinced he was lying.

Personally i still dont know where the TRUTH lies at :/"

Interesting huh, out of 9000 or so times he was appealed for "Speedhacking" in past 90 days, a few days ago he was finally "caught" him.

Tells you alot about their "software" huh

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Oh man it gets better, Been reading the replies to the PM's she sent Ciliviel.

This is cute, I kid you not, she says that the account was observed multiple instances speedhacking on different occasions and that is why it was banned.

Who here has seen a speedhacker go faster then god speed (Faster then even speed six) and not get banned the first time *grin*

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Or maybe mythic got fed up by all the reports about him and just banned him to get rid of all the spam mail:-P

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Xsorus-Merlin said:
Who here has seen a speedhacker go faster then god speed (Faster then even speed six) and not get banned the first time *grin*
Not the right question to ask EU ppl. Saw a speedhacker once, thought it was lag so ignored it. Then i met him again, this time i was sure it was speedhack so i managed to get in touch with an E&E and he actually grabbed hold of a GM and he logged in. PMed him about the speedhacker and i got told i had to report it via RightNow and then he logged off while the speedhacker was still hacking around ingame.

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Yea i laughed about that, 13000 appeals, thats like extroidnary, Hell you might be right, it might not be CSR fuckup at all, they might just of banned him to stop the appeals ;o)

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
- Wrong, I've actually had to explain this about 100 times now, and personally its getting old, the CSR contacted him while he was sitting at Uppland and said he was being Suspended for SPEEDHACKING, not abusing a water bug, How does the water bug fit into the story? Because the CSR saw him USING the water bug and thought it was SPEEDHACKING. He was never suspended for using a bug, nor banned for one. If after all this time this concept of the story has failed to elude you, then I wouldn't actually post anything on the subject matter, let alone an opinion. You've failed to understand the basic part of the story itself.

You say this and expect after you have typed it that its automactically taken as the truth. The truth may be out there but it certainly isnt in your posts because you have a sort of tainted view on the matter no? Your possibly the most biased person, say for except the sb, that anyone could talk to about this issue.

Lets try see which is more likely.

Mythic get lots of complaints against the sb in question. A CSR sees a water bug error and thinks its a speed hack so they suspend them to make sure. After an investigation which took at least 7 days they decide they were cheating and ban them. When as you put it they couldnt find any real evidence of speed hacking but only this bug abuse so to cover them selfs they just ban a high RR SB who will bitch and moan about how they were treated to a board where alot of their customer base read, thus losing lots of credibility with their customers and possibly cash.

Or

Mythic gets lots of complaints against the sb in question. A CSR sees a water bug error and thinks its a speed hack so they suspend them to make sure. After an investigation which took at least 7 days they are satisfied cheats were used and ban the account as is per-standard when cheats are found. The hardline policy of cheating is enforced and alot of people in game will notice a high RR player is gone all of a sudden and link it to cheats straight away.

You see, the problem with the latter is that it puts the SB in question in a difficult situation. If it comes out they are a cheater they will be discredited forever on VN and find it hard to start again as ppl will find out they are playing again. So they think ahead and stage a counter attack which makes it look like they got banned by mythics incompetances which happily coincides with 99% of Daoc players favorite things to do, bitch about the game. Im sure everybody has at some stage remarked on the game but there are always some who deny even that. Making it alot easier for people to swallow that there is some huge conspiracy to get rid of a r10l9 sb etc.

hmmm I think not. The fact they intend to continue playing the game even after being treated with supposedly as they say is a bit much to believe. If they dont mind being treated like shit fair enough but that would have been most peoples cut off point. oh and really saying that they intend to keep playing because they have nothing to do with their spare time? They cant use their imagination to do something other than sit about playing daoc all day? errr alrite.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
oh and really saying that they intend to keep playing because they have nothing to do with their spare time? They cant use their imagination to do something other than sit about playing daoc all day? errr alrite.
Maybe they can come up with something else but actually enjoys playing DAOC and enjoy playing with the people that they play with. Why should they stop just because the company hosting the servers are a bunch of retarded cockmunchers? I wouldn't atleast. :drink:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"A CSR sees a water bug error and thinks its a speed hack so they suspend them to make sure."

Nah, I don't think so.

This water bug is just a smoke screen, unless many people on vn are liars (not beyond the bounds of possibility, bit I don't thinks so) this sb was a speed hacker and deserved eveything he got, it just so happened he was abusing the water bug too.

Apart from anything, lets say you ARE innocent and your almost rr11 sb was taken from you. I think I'd be VERY cross, and this guy seems all too calm - I don't believe what he says, still that's my opinion and none of us can prove or disprove it. Still Mythic has more to loose than he does, daoc is a game for him, for mythic it's what feeds and cloathes their employees.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Good job Mythic, bug-abuse, exploit or simply a 3rd party software, I don't care, ban all of the lamers perminently.

:cheers:

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Roleplayers = agreek with mythic.

FPS players = disagreek

I need to defend my backyard Jajajajaja xD nasnas

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
"You see, the problem with the latter is that it puts the SB in question in a difficult situation. If it comes out they are a cheater they will be discredited forever on VN and find it hard to start again as ppl will find out they are playing again. So they think ahead and stage a counter attack which makes it look like they got banned by mythics incompetances which happily coincides with 99% of Daoc players favorite things to do, bitch about the game. Im sure everybody has at some stage remarked on the game but there are always some who deny even that. Making it alot easier for people to swallow that there is some huge conspiracy to get rid of a r10l9 sb etc."

See the problem with this assumption is Mythic didn't come out and say he used speedhack, nor would they have even posted it (You can even look at the original herald post) He came out and let everyone know almost 2 weeks after it had happened, and not a single post had been done accusing him of being banned.

Plus do you honestly think he would of said "Hey everyone I got banned for speedhack" instead of "hey I have to do something else with my life"

"hmmm I think not. The fact they intend to continue playing the game even after being treated with supposedly as they say is a bit much to believe. If they dont mind being treated like shit fair enough but that would have been most peoples cut off point. oh and really saying that they intend to keep playing because they have nothing to do with their spare time? They cant use their imagination to do something other than sit about playing daoc all day? errr alrite."

He's only 16 years old in RL, and I personally told him he shouldn't reroll or buy another mythic product over ventrilo, but being 16 years old, This game is what he finds fun and wants to spend his time playing, Hell I told him to get WoW but he says he just doesn't enjoy it.

I suppose if I was 16 again playing UO, i might of done the same thing.. but I don't know.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:

FPS players = disagreek

You're really not the brightest spark in the box are ya?

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:

FPS players = disagreek

So u agree with mythic then? :worthy:

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well i just finished reading all the posts on VN boards and tbh i am still on Civiliel's side...ffs even the guy that he was fighting at the time said yes this is wrong he shuldnt of got the ban...if it was right for him to get banned i shuld get banned also....

i respect him as a great player tbh and he is the best assasin i have seen play imo and evenodds is diff a close 2nd...

i hope he gets his acc back coz for a stupid thing like that, come on all his effort into his char that he enjoyed an awful lot to get perma-banned for just that :twak:

for all we know he was fighting on the surface from the start and dived and surfaced again to use First Aid 2 like he done in his recent vid...

tbh i dont care who it is that gets banned...for sumthing as little as that...mytic FU!!!! tbh, just Diaf.

Civiliel is a great influence/inspiration to assasins and i am seriously thinking of starting a NS coz Civiliel/evenodds/censi/vipr(well tbh too many to name out):worthy:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
If you purposely surfaced with the intention of abusing the bug to get away then I'd say you deserve a ban (albeit a 7 day for first time).

bracken if you think it through dont you think its a bit stupid? "if we cant fix it, we make it disappear"

I mean, 90% of ppl knows about this "feature" (you cant classify swimming on top of water, no matter what hit points as bug abuse, can you?). I mean pulling mobs into a corner where they cant hit you, is a solid bug abuse thing... but swimming on surface in NF is a bit different oO I cant really see the perma ban justified, 3-7 days neither as its Mythic's damn problem they cant fix a fooking bug which can be "abused" without noticing it...

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
You're really not the brightest spark in the box are ya?

Omg, Bracken accusing me for being dumb.
This is it, im gonna take my life now, when someone as respected and well known for his brilliance as Bracken thinks im stupid.

Take a look on the answers "m8" and see for yourself.

Ppl in gankgrps (fpsplayers) tend to agree with the shadowblade.
Ppl in regular (roleplayers (xD)) tend to want him get banned for abusing a BUG.

B A N N E D

That doesnt mean suspended or warned. Just a nice perma ban on something he worked prolly more then 2 years to achieve.

Sure its lame to abuse bugs, but for xxxx sake, it IS a game, not like he abuses bugs to go and rape yo mama irl.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
so playing fps games aswell as daoc makes you cool now then? haha

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The fact so many appealed him sorta indicates he maybe was cheating tbh and lets just remeber VN and most of you just like to have a go at mythic to inc your e-peen, if he hadnt been banned i can bet a lot of cash 90% of vn/you who is defending him would be here saying omg lame mythic been told xxxxx times some1 is speedhacking and doesnt ban!!.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
We who "defend" believe him and dont think he have used a 3rd party program. The others tend to believe the pathetic and VERY VERY weak story Mythic have posted on their homepage.

Difference is that Civi and his friend is trying to show that they arent hiding something. Something Mythic seem to do and cover it up by calling their customers: "something less than a good person".

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
so playing fps games aswell as daoc makes you cool now then? haha

It's not what you play, it's the mentality.

You call us elitists, we call you roleplayers.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well i would say the people that spend 24/7 in game are more roleplayer than someone who spends 1-2 hours every other night. my world does not revolve around daoc, unlike yours :)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well i would say the people that spend 24/7 in game are more roleplayer than someone who spends 1-2 hours every other night. my world does not revolve around daoc, unlike yours :)

that isnt what i meant, but i guess you dont even want to understand so i wont bother explaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom