Buffbots

D

dexa

I really like solo playing just fells pointless sometimes spending
"days" killing mobs to get my char a litttle bite more "uber" when
u meet another solo player who just buff and does extra hp, dex
or resist i spend a lot of time do get does shit..

Is the answer in this game, dont hunt for dropps just get one more
pc and pay for one more account and get a buffer?

So far the rare times when i see 6 buffs dropps after a keel keeps
me going.......

Damn have to group with Saadyst more often :p

Anyway happy hunting

Q

quinthar

OOuu I have 10 machines should I get 10 accounts?

Maybe I should just run my own team?

I have a number of accounts so who really gives a rats ass, I have 2 SWG accounts you honestly think I give a shit?

People that bitch about bots dont have one, I have seen plenty of people gladly accept buffs from bots from 2 out of the 3 realms, and when I was in mid it was the same there.

I have 2 cars maybe I should give one away cuz not all have them??

I have 2 sons should I give one away to a family that doesnt have one?

Wake up and smell the coffee, there are people that do, there are people that can, there are then people that just fucking whine.

N

Noche

Originally posted by quinthar

I have a number of accounts so who really gives a rats ass, I have 2 SWG accounts you honestly think I give a shit?

People that bitch about bots dont have one, I have seen plenty of people gladly accept buffs from bots from 2 out of the 3 realms, and when I was in mid it was the same there.

Wake up and smell the coffee, there are people that do, there are people that can, there are then people that just fucking whine.

I bet ya not buff bot user :rolleyes:

K

karlophin

Originally posted by quinthar

Spot the n00b?

Dont really think this was the issue really? Bump

Q

quinthar

Actually it is perfectly targetted to the whining bandits that incessently nag and bitch about bots, I see no difference between people giving others dmg buffs (eg: lvl50 dmg buffing a lvl20 for bg) where is the honesty in that? surely somebody gets hard done by?

If I get killed by some tart that has 30 extra dmg per hit I deal with it, people that kill others and see the buffs drop whoopie, you killed em didnt ya?

Is 8 people ganking a grey fair?
Is somebody having 10 pc's fair?

The whole point of this is relaitivly easy for most to understand.

The game is not fair, it is not balanced, some classes have been nerfed some too powerfull, the fact that some people have found a way to get around this is neither here nor there, mythic have done nothing about buff bots so why do you think you know better?.

There is naff all you can do about it so stop the continual whining, one day perhaps they'll stop it, maybe they wont, but for the moment its here, just deal with it.

When you nerf the range of the buff you nerf the buffer, bear that in mind.

And as for the people that retort with the age old "noob", remember you cant read whats here when your head is stuck up your arse :p

V

VodkaFairy

Why would anyone spend so much money, time and work into making your main character better so you can kill people easier? Don't really see the point, sure you can like winning but any class that goes out solo'ing has a fair chance of winning a duel without buffs.

Well grats, I don't give a shit. I'm here to have some fun, and I won't spend weeks exp'ing only to win more. I have lots of fun at level 41 in RvR already :D

E

elerand

I do have a druid, I have used her in realm to buff myself and others in a low lvl grp, I have used her as a rez bot.

I won't use her as a buffbot in rvr because I play all my characters for what each one brings to the game, think something should be done to limit it in someway, range limit on buffs wouldn't be unreasonable since in pve the grps almost always together anyway and if you get caught on your own by a fg and no buffs in rvr unless you can stealth your dead.

Sole reason to nerf buffbots is to stop so many damn stealthers using them in rvr, don't see many tanks or mages using them (unless it's a tank who runs into cruachan gorge on his own) so I think if all these stealthers have inferiority complexes they should face up to it or just learn to grp more often.

D

Danya

Soloing with a stealther is very different from grouping, maybe they don't like the playstyle of group RvR. Who are you to say they can't solo if they want to? And given that Sanya has stated that the game assumes you will be buffed in RvR, why should they not use a bot to allow them to solo?

M

Madonion Slicer

Elerand, i find it very hard to beleive that you use you BOT in PvE but not in RvR, if this is the truth then hats of to you but like i say i find it hard to believe.

If you have a Bot of anykind then you are paying twice as much as everyone else so they get what they pay for.

I am currently support 3 accounts as i am keeping Loxleyhood account alive after i took over from the Real Loxleyhood, but i work for a living i dont smoke or gamble so there is much worse things i could be doing with my money :D

Anyway i cant see GOA changing Buff in anyway due to the amout of money these second and third accounts rake in, a small amount of their player base may whine about it but then again that small player base whine about somehting every day.

DAOC Europe has been around for almost a year and i am sure GOA has read/seen enough whining to last a life time, if a few people leave they know a few people will signup and with SI around the corner our whines mean nothing.

B

belth

Bet 90%+ of the buffbotters are some 15 year olds who use their parents money to be teh 1337.

/whine on, buffbots are 99% parked at Emain TK's, cause their owners can't learn any other place. /whine some more

V

VodkaFairy

Elerand does not use his druid for RvR. Believe it or not :m00:

I'm not using a buffbot either, I'm making it very hard for myself doing RvR as a level 41 in fact. I think it's lots of fun even though I can't solo much. Exept L50 scouts and casters :p

M

Madonion Slicer

Well then Elerand /bow to you, i know i cant have a second account sitting there when it could be logged in and helping me.

RVR at 41 is hard but fun my Tank and Wizard do ok aleast at 41 there are no dreaded purples just nasty nasty Reds

D

Danya

For those that don't read the prydwen forums, Mythic have said that they do not have anything against buffbots, so it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see a nerf:

Originally posted by Shike
I did some searching for comments from Mythic regarding bots and if there was a possibility that they in the future would adress this "problem" with bots that exists and found this comment from Sanya.

"Sorry, I had other boards I had to cruise, and missed the ensuing foofaraw.

So, regarding buffbots, also known as PERFECTLY LEGAL SECOND ACCOUNTS PLAYED ON SECOND COMPUTERS BY FRIENDS, ROOMMATES, AND FAMILY MEMBERS AS WELL AS BUFFBOT DRIVERS (remember, you don't know for certain that a character is a bot unless someone tells you so, so try not to assume): they are still fine. Just as they have always been fine.

I know this new EULA is bothering some people pretty badly. Please understand - the sole purpose of this thing is to allow us to take action against people that want to harm the game. Someone's daughter playing on a computer next to a parent is not harming the game. It's practically a poster FOR the game, and we are perfectly happy to have people like that in our community."

thread can be found here: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=41195036&start=41202721

Sanya have also written this:

"Sanya_DAOC >>>At a certain level, the game assumes that you will be grouped with characters who can cast buffs, or you are a character who can cast buffs. Higher level monsters assume that you are buffed to some degree. RVR combat assumes that you are buffed to some degree. What does it matter that the buffs are coming from a player's second account or from another player? <<<

I dont know where this is quoted from yet though. Trying to find out and will post link to it as soon as I know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what does this mean?

Well, I make a total U-turn here, I wont complain any more about botusers at all. Use bots, because I for sure will use it since its totally ok with Mythic and they wont change this as far as I can see. I have always been against it because it have felt like cheating, but since its officially stated that its ok I dont see any reason not to benefit from it.

Any questions? :p

E

Envenom2

belth ur pretty much wrong there as usual. i work and i pay for my own buffbot lol i use a very old PC to run him and whats the cost to me? an extra £6 a month whoppie fucking do rofl like i said i work so i can pay for lifes little luxurys.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Envenom2
belth ur pretty much wrong there as usual. i work and i pay for my own buffbot lol i use a very old PC to run him and whats the cost to me? an extra £6 a month whoppie fucking do rofl like i said i work so i can pay for lifes little luxurys.
You'd be in the other 10% envenom... :p

S

suka

he sucked at UO where he couldnt have a buffbot so its quite understandable hes got one ;)

N

Nice Guy Eddie!

Well, i have no problems with Buffbots,

Sure, i would get one myself, if i wasnt already paying for two accounts, my US and EU one.

First, in RvR, Anyone cna go solo, buffed or not buffed,

Sure there advantages and not advantages,
But, i mostly RvR in groups, and sure we get a buffed Assassin going for the kill on the caster, then we just steam roll the Assassin when he strikes, or we have a Assassin grouped to help us spot them,

I don't see what the problem is with them, Assassin that go around in full groups fully buffed, no problem for we, me and my friends have made ways of killing assassin groups,

Anyways, Buffbots are great advantage, few members in my guild have one, they don't mind shareing buffs aswell,

Often most of the time, buffbot owners, will kindly share buffs, if you ask nicely,

People play to have fun, if they want to have one, by all means let them.

Only thing i hate, is People who use them and go around saying there Uber, surpreamly Skilled while using a buffbot, and no not saying all Assassin + buffbot do that,

Alpha name has poped up, but you don't see him, popping around saying how surpream and elite he is,
That bring to my other point, i hate all people who made Assassins to get a buffbot, and do all what i just said.

My point, People want to use buffbots, by all means, people who have a huge ego, while using them, Go sit in the corner!

E

Envenom2

oh god not dannyn posting about me again il be in gorge soon with my minstrel hope ur there to take a few screenies luv.

Hm i didnt suck at Uo wasnt the best either i killed and was killed but then again half of the Uo players used many cheats speed hacks etc pff Uo dead and buried.

And for all u soloers moaning about buffbots how about just dont bother soloing at all? its an easy answer to a topic thats getting on my tits now.

Or another answer is to get a buffbot yourself.

D

Danya

You really have some sort of complex about me envenom, I know I'm uber and all, but really, you shouldn't be so fixated on me. All this attention seeking and trying to get me to screenshot you, it's quite sad in a way, like a small child trying to get its parent's approval.

E

Envenom2

well i know u love taking screenies off me and stuff about me lol u have said it quiet a few times about ive got a few screenies of u spamming me in mbeo etc lol get a life mate maybe post some of them screenies too i could do with a laugh

C

Carlos Bananos

oh god not dannyn posting about me again il be in gorge soon with my minstrel hope ur there to take a few screenies luv.

Hm i didnt suck at Uo wasnt the best either i killed and was killed but then again half of the Uo players used many cheats speed hacks etc pff Uo dead and buried.

And for all u soloers moaning about buffbots how about just dont bother soloing at all? its an easy answer to a topic thats getting on my tits now.

Or another answer is to get a buffbot yourself.

If running around, hiding everytime u see someone, waiting till they cast a detect spell, then attacking with a vanq axe, then, running away and repeating...being too scared to fight on the same screen counts as not sucking, then ok.

Seriously man, you played lame as hell, but this isn't UO any more :p

E

Eggy

Maybe I should get a buffbot.

Then I could buff my buffbot who's buffs outbuff buffs that I can buff, then hopefully, buffing me up with my buffbots buffs plus the bonus of buffing myself with basebuff buffs, I could kill a buffed buffbot user who's buffbot is fully buffed out with all the buffing buffs he's been buffing.

Or not.

D

Danya

well i know u love taking screenies off me and stuff about me lol u have said it quiet a few times about ive got a few screenies of u spamming me in mbeo etc lol get a life mate maybe post some of them screenies too i could do with a laugh
I said it once, one screenshot, one incident. You're the one making more of it than that. Anyway, if you want to follow me around etc. go for it, I don't really care, just don't expect a lot of response on my part. :p

E

Envenom2

il just expect the usual the slamming of the screenie button kthx

S

skile

Originally posted by Danyan
For those that don't read the prydwen forums, Mythic have said that they do not have anything against buffbots, so it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see a nerf:

Any questions? :p

Yes. I can't see them mentioning putting RANGE on buffs. Therefor u don't NEED to know if it's a buffbot or a normal cleric.

A

Arthwyr

1) Yog is uber, this is true

2)Going out solo with a buffbot these days is something I no longer consider as "going out with an advantage" These days there are so many bots I would sooner say its "going out without the disadvantage" Just a point of view ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread