Buffbots

B

bishibosh

look, if you use a buffbot fine. Just understand that whenever you kill anyone, even cleverly, they will ONLY be impressed by your buffbot, and not give a shit about you, as you're CHEATING basicly. Thats all there is to it, and thats a fact. You are to daoc what aim hackers are to counterstrike. You are cheating. When you kill someone you dont credit it to a well built character you credit it to your buffs. Thats sad.

G

Gorbash

so what happens if you kill someone thats buffed while you are unbuffed, cos youve done a really good job in speccing your character? :)

A

Arthwyr

Originaly posted by Danyan
That's a nerf for people who form balanced groups though...

Don't know about that there are several ways to look at it and in only a few cases it would be to the disadvantage of a group. Assuming each balanced group has roughly the same amount of buffs nobody would get an overwhelming large bonus or a large penalty in a group vs group fight. Added advantage could be that a group of lets say 4 players without a buffer at all, taking out a buffed group of 8 get more points for a job well done. A group with external buffbots would also be punished for running around with more buffs then their group should be able to bring up. The only big disadvantage I see in the system is that a group with several healers/clerics in group therefore having an higher average of buffs/member would be a bit punished for having a "better" group. The other point of view is that a far from perfect group would be rewarded for taking out a "superior" (at least as far as buffs goes) group.

O

old.Filip

Lotsa tanks and mages drop same amount of buffs when i kill them but you don't hear me complaining about it.

well they are in group and shar RP's with the char who buffed em ...

so what happens if you kill someone thats buffed while you are unbuffed, cos youve done a really good job in speccing your character?

well tbh i dont think there is any rocket science involved in spec'ing you chars ..

and remember the random factor in evaeds/hits/dam etc is rather large in this game ..

so sometimes you wint other times you lose .. and it was the random generator who won or lost for you..
orr your class vs that class or that spec vs that spec in this situation ...

etc ...

(ie like your a tank enemy a eather wiss ... in open you kill the wizz in a keep he kills you)

J

jox

Originally posted by bishibosh
look, if you use a buffbot fine. Just understand that whenever you kill anyone, even cleverly, they will ONLY be impressed by your buffbot, and not give a shit about you, as you're CHEATING basicly. Thats all there is to it, and thats a fact. You are to daoc what aim hackers are to counterstrike. You are cheating. When you kill someone you dont credit it to a well built character you credit it to your buffs. Thats sad.

lol, what a stupid thing to say.

I am impressed by Alpha, Pin and Remi.

They all use buffbot.

Regards Jox Jabberwock

O

old.Filip

i solo 1% of my daoc time ..

and still remember 1 time where jox jumps me and another unbuffed minser ..

during that figth i hit you 1 time jox ... and i even iped ..

the other minser desided to run when i was dead and you was on 85% hp...

i know there is a solo war going on besides the normall group vs group ....

but if you dont have a buff bot your self there will be no reason to enter it imho ..

i think every thing would be easyere if every 1 acceptet that the stealther wars are with buff bots..

and if you dont like that just go play group figths

O

old.shotgunstow

Actually, I think buffbots for stealthers encourage those without buffbots to RvR in groups rather than soloing, so it is very rare you will see any soloists in RvR now except stealthers battling it out to see who has the best spec/buffbot etc. On the few occasions I have wandered to amg solo (usually when I want to suicide) I tend to get attacked by SBs, but because i have 1700 hp + 2 instantheals of around 1000hp, pbae mez, stun and smite, they don't have a lot of chance vs me if they are solo (even if they are buffed). UBER BATTLECLERIC :x

J

jox

Originally posted by old.Filip
i solo 1% of my daoc time ..

and still remember 1 time where jox jumps me and another unbuffed minser ..

during that figth i hit you 1 time jox ... and i even iped ..

the other minser desided to run when i was dead and you was on 85% hp...

i know there is a solo war going on besides the normall group vs group ....

but if you dont have a buff bot your self there will be no reason to enter it imho ..

i think every thing would be easyere if every 1 acceptet that the stealther wars are with buff bots..

and if you dont like that just go play group figths

Yes mate, I think I remember that fight, it was at mmg right?

But one of you made the misstake to stick me(took unnecessary
falldamage)

O

old.Filip

Yeps was a stupid but not a mistake ... just noobness in knowing the strength of you vs me ..
i didnt have stick on just jumped after you cause i had ip up and a minser beside me to help...(as i remeber it)

but tbh i dont think it wouldnt have changed a thing.. you still had 85% after killing 180% HP off me..

from the few solo times i have had i know that i can only kill bards/casters/skalds solo.... but it is ok im the group kind of guy

Filip
Minser of HB

B

bishibosh

Re: ...

Originally posted by jox
lol, what a stupid thing to say.

I am impressed by Alpha, Pin and Remi.

They all use buffbot.

Regards Jox Jabberwock

3/1000+ :)

Users who are viewing this thread