Buffbots

J

Jarrax

Originally posted by yog-hurt
FFS some people are such twats - this is a 100% flame post..

i was forced to post this with an argument on Alb pad :p

people were saying that people who use buffers are noobs etc..

rite.. and now .. my point is that the people who say this are NOOBs and shit players... and im asking this... if they had a buffer woudl they complain????

also if they had a chance to be able to use a buffbot you think they would decline? LMFAO NO WAY WOULD THEY!

so all im saying is STFU .. if you dnt like other people usign buffbots you just have to deal with it - if it gets to you that bad make one yourself!

kthx

I have a 2nd computer and 2nd account, and no, I dont have a buffbot. I dont believe in them.
I roam around solo/unbuffed doing my own thing usually. And any kills I get are from my spec/items etc which I've worked for. NOT because I have an untouchable buffbot upto 2 frigging zones away.
I do lose mostly 1v1 vs alb stealthers ( they seem to all be buffed, and tbh, they really do need em). Just dont assume that when your buffed and kill somone unbuffed, that you are in some way a better player.

Jarrax
Hand of Loki
Wolverines

ps, Could you remove the cloaks on those clerics at Apk/Emain..they're lagging my puter up every time I pass amg :)

Y

yog-hurt

tbh i wouldnt mind either...

the thing is my philosiphy is 'if you can't beat em, join em'

so i have simple as that ... if they were to nerf buffbots it would not bother me.

S

suka

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Another pointless buffbot thread :(

Bottom line is that people who have buffbots will never agree that they are lame, just like people who don't will never agree that they are acceptable. Points to remember are:

1. Not everyone has 2 pcs or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone.

2. Whether someone has a buffbot or not, you can't judge whether that person is a good player or not until you've actually grouped with them or fought against them a number of times. Saying just because someone has a buffbot means they aren't a good player is dumb, just as its equally dumb to say someone is a good player because they have a lot of realm points. Someone's realm rank is a combination of skill + time spent in rvr (some people will always be able to spend more time playing than others) + buffbot factor (for some people). Therefore absolutely no conclusion can be drawn on someones ability purely on their realm rank.

3. In a 1v1 fight, if one person has a buffbot and the other doesn't then it is no longer a 1v1. Its 2v1. Therefore once again no conclusion can be drawn on who's the better player.

Personally I dont have access to a buffbot, but Im past caring whether some other people do or not. I just don't draw any conclusions on whether a person is any good or not until Ive grouped with them a few times. The whole argument is entirely pointless and like something out of a school playground.

first off you sir are the best tank i have played with, just wanted to give credit where its due.

next buffbots, buffs make THE difference, some players are better than others that is obvious but to be classed as the best i would say someone without a buffbot who gets exceptional rp.

I know someone will disagree with that but here is my argument from a scouts point of view, sometimes i have access to buffs, not lv50 buffbot just a standard reju clerics buffs, now with these buffs i can quite easily solo a skald melee and have done many times, i think won6 lost1 buffed melee to a skald and have beat quite a few sb and almost melee'd a zerker down both used ip and fa2 he got the deciding hit though, just slam him when he zerks and kite, now take away these buffs and i stand little to no chance vs skald, zero chance vs a SB and wouldnt even bother with a zerker.

i dont think thre is a "best" player on excalibur, there are good players yes that goes without saying but i most certainly wouldnt say someone is good or the best if a buffbot is involved the difference a buffbot makes is huge, take minstrels for example, and i will use alpha as an example sinc he is th no.1 minstrel about, i know alpha has beat hero's and probably the majority of people on the server and he is a good player there is no doubting that, but could a minstrel without access to buffs kill the same targets or multiple targets? i personally dont think so, this is the deciding factor when it comes to fight and especially 1v1 fights.

This game is designed to be a group game and i dont think you can say he/she is the best, but there are alot of good players, miss/bracken/wuren are a few of the many names that spring to mind.

anyhows we all know buffbots wont be nerfed as the income for mythic throw these is probably about 5-10% of the overall income and to through that kinda money away would be a horrible business decision.

S

skile

1. i dnt need a buffbot - atm i use my friends - i do not have a personal one -

2. a buffbot is a huge advantage - so why not use it ? :eek:

Oh. Man. Look at this: "2. a buffbot is a huge advantage - so why not use it ? :eek:"

Put your brain to work Yog.. Advantage? Whats advantage? Is it advantage OVER OTHERS? next step...`

You like do have unfair fights. Are you afraid to lose if you don't have buffs? Why do you want buffs? It's quite explainable to think that people draw the conlusion that since u say it's a huge advantage, u have no skill without it. Do you understand that?

O

old.Tzeentch

dexa is THE best nightshade in hib.
end of story.

no, the end.

finish.

S

skile

censi i play from a lan centre were i work -

and you saying all buffbot users arnt skillful??

cough Alpha - by far the most skillful player on excal - and he uses a buffbot.. so well done - you obviously know what your talking about.

It's not that simple Yog. Alpha might have some skill (he has played his char a lot and got good RR and nice items I reckon). But him using a buffbot, you can automatically take away some skill when messuring it.

However.. My impression is that Alpha would not whine if they'd put range on buffs. My impression is that he uses every CoC allowed to the teeth of his advantage. Cause he plays the game to have fun. Not taking any moral-responsibility at all, this with him being 30+ can be discussed.

S

skile

And btw, I would not say Alpha is the best player on excal. Haven't seen him play b4 he got himself a buffbot. With buffbot, it can't be messured. And him getting lots of RR's cause of buffbot it's even harder to messure if they remove it.

Did/does elasias have a buffbot?

O

old.Tzeentch

lots of people have buffbots, and i dont see any single one of them perform as well as alpha.

is his buffbot higher level than the others?

this is an old topic and its been beaten to death more times than the late night relic shit.

:m00:

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
lots of people have buffbots, and i dont see any single one of them perform as well as alpha.

dont try to argue with whinewind.

O

old.Charonel

elasias had buffs pretty much all the time, point was he played grouped and that's where they came from, alpha playes solo yet with buffbots backing him up, now having been killed by him countless times in my own frontier (because he lives there :p, i now travel a different route :)) i'd say that alpha has good skill as a soloer in that he knows when to back off, when to kill, how to do it fast and not be there for the retaliation etc... he IS a good player from what i've seen, but it's the buffbots which change him from GOOD, to exeptional in terms of how bloody hard it is to get him out of the gorge :)

as it's been said, he playes a tweaked char that shoudlnt exist, but he plays it well, it is however, impossible to measure how much success of his is down to the buffs and how much is his own, but from the times i've seen him in action he's not without skill.

elasias played a different game from alpha, no buffbot yet grouped, so how much of his success is his, and how much the groups???? that's the thing isnt it, this isnt REALLY a solo game, so it's hard to gauge :)

N

Northstarr

dexa is THE best nightshade in hib.
end of story.

no, the end.

finish.

im an alb so i dont know for sure, but seen dexa in df a few times and pretty sure shes a ranger?

O

old.Tzeentch

there should be a forum, tied in with the GOA database, that only people with a certain amount of /played (not afk time) in the frontiers, and rr5+ can talk in.

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by Northstarr

im an alb so i dont know for sure, but seen dexa in df a few times and pretty sure shes a ranger?

nononnonooo
dexa is 110% luri sexeh nightshade :)

(and yes dexa is prolly a guy for all i know, but it's just silly roleplay i carry over from ingame)

O

old.Charonel

there should be a forum, tied in with the GOA database, that only people with a certain amount of /played (not afk time) in the frontiers, and rr5+ can talk in.

really trying to get flamed eh? :D

S

sorry

revolution

I could seriously like dark age of camelot with-out any buffs at all.. none what so ever!
First of all you will not have discussions like this.. :p
Second, it would improve the balance of the game, wouldn't it? Just a not-well-thought-through idea in the middle of the night here.. How many other games have you played where you had a person buffing you, and how many games have you played where such a thing didn't exist? I am not exactly running around missing buffs in every new game I try... And now with sc coming, I think that would have been more than enaugh to improve your own stats a bit(tweak your character), and not so incredibly much like a buff bot can do.
Its no secret that an assasin with buffs is insanely übar, and there are flaming discussions about this, and I think they are nerfing the assasins a bit unfairly, cause its not the assasin in it self that is so over powered, its the buffs!
Me want a revolution :) hehe..

God knows if this could work in daoc, but hey, its only a thought :m00:

C

censi

You cant blame all these peeps for using buffbots with me in the game.... Its all my fault....

dooh

M

mastade

i say again, put range on buffs...

tbh its pretty silly that a cleric in Lyonesse through >concentration< can keep a guy in Hadrians Wall buffed 2tm. If you just put a long range on conc based buffs, like from apk to mill or so in emain, there will be no whine about buffbots, and then ill be looking forward to see Alpha with gromit stuck to him all the time ^^

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Aussie-
go play quake if you wanna show your skill. :|||||

I challenge you in quakeworld any day aussie.... ph33r m3

L

lofff

Re: Re: Buffbots

Originally posted by Jarrax

Just dont assume that when your buffed and kill somone unbuffed, that you are in some way a better player.

no, but u can assume this when unbuffed, u keel solo sum1 buffed :>

B

bracken_woodman

brackan i agree with you on most .. but think about what you said ..'or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone' ... then emphasise is on this comment.. as you said in the first half its their choice to not use it - then y ou say this is areason why they CANt? mm im confused but that dnt make sense :p it seems everyone can use it

Just meant that as DAOX is against the CoC, some don't want to take the risk - so in that way its not an option. Also, some people don't have systems capable of running 2 versions on one pc. So yes in theory they could, but not in practice.

J

jox

Skile; "And btw, I would not say Alpha is the best player on excal. Haven't seen him play b4 he got himself a buffbot."

lol, havent seen that cunt play without Unleashed so yeah its hard to messure his lack of skill.

N

Noche

Missed this thread, I´m here :p

Alpha is a good player, his timing on stun/mez etc is quite good and knows where to hide tbh, last time I jumped on him buffed got him to 10% and he stun + mezzed me and ran away being snared (but u resisted my DOT, won´t be such luck next time muahaha :p) But as said well Lofff he´s playing a class which isn´t supposed to be in game (armsman stat, stealth, spd 5, and CC)

Dexa is a damn good player and rarely buffed, if he´s buffed he´s beast :D I need better timing and much much more practices, still noob shade here ^_^

Though I´ve been buffed till eyeball by mate´s buff bot, it´s damn sure an unfair advantage, being buffed 1v1 I´m yet to die to any1 (if I remember well nobody killed me yet 1v1 being me buffed, though when u got 2 buffed infils u die fast hehe) after dying SOOO MANY times to buff bot users, I start to wonder about wot Yog said: "If u can´t beat em, join em..." but I have got 1 pc and no money so :p

D

Danya

Well I have a buffbot, but if they put a range on buffs I'd be happy. The reason I have a bot is because of the huge number of mids on prydwen (sbs in particular) that have bots. As yog says, if you can't beat them join them... :p

On ranged buffs, apparently mythic asked and the active healer classes (i.e. non-buffbot) moaned about it. So they had to back down. They have suggested a few fixes, but nothing that the active healers on the US have agreed to yet. :p

On and just for censi, yes I am gimped, I play a minstrel after all! :p

S

skile

Elasias = excal best player then. Those RR with no buffbot. You have to respect that :).

S

skile

"the thing is my philosiphy is 'if you can't beat em, join em'"

Weho, here's the root of nazism. Jumping away from responsbility by joining the unfair ppl, thats a mature decision *irony*.

Hi katt btw, how do u feel? Caring so much about me?

A

Aloca

My personal experince of buff bots:
i have a lvl 46 NS. first i tested using my brothers lvl 48warden to buff me, that made me a ok char against lvl 50 chars but it was still very hard. then i got both his buffs and a lvl 50 buffbot druid buffs. with that i even had like 50% chanse of winning against a tank (prob is i still get killed in 2-3hits and dont have highest dodger and crapy armour)

without buff i have only managed to kill orange con avalonians(love them) and a yellow/orange minstrells(using PA and they not buffed) any other char i attack = bye bye life

S

skile

Re: ...

Originally posted by jox
Skile; "And btw, I would not say Alpha is the best player on excal. Haven't seen him play b4 he got himself a buffbot."

lol, havent seen that cunt play without Unleashed so yeah its hard to messure his lack of skill.

Not sure what you are saying. Are you agreeing with me?

Users who are viewing this thread