Buffbots

E

Elixir

Hate to do this, but i agree with lissandra on this one.

I

Ironfoot

To any and all of you who think buffbots will get nerfed.....

you must be smoking crack, mythic are getting x2 money from people who use them. This is a business, mythic are here to make money , therefore buffbots are here to stay.

Cry more and move on... nothing to see here

I

Ironfoot

You can call me a twat till you are blue in the face, but go read sanyas official statement on buffbots, she has condoned them and has stated nothing is gonna be done to curb them anytime soon as they are seen as being" legal" accounts regardless of who is playing them. Add to that the fact that mythic are / have actually made it possible to run 2 accounts off one machine (currently live in the states) what does that tell you ?

B

benedictine

Buffbots are a cheat - end of story

Anyone saying anything else is only trying to justify their own miserable guilt and self pity.

And as regards Mythic condoning it......

If they had wanted solo Infs etc to go around with maxed out dex they would have given em self buffs.

Buffbots destroys support classes. They are there to support u buch of loser loners out there.

I

Ironfoot

i am not here to justify / disaprove , but what I am saying is that mythic obviously havent got a problem with it. If they did they would have done something by now and they certainly would not have made it possible to drive 2 accounts from 1 machine. i am not getting into the personal flaming that is so rampant here, but merely pointing out the facts.

1. Mythic have officialy been quoted on the record as not having an issue with them

2. Mythic have in one of their patches made it easier and legally possible (i.e no DaOX) to run 2 accounts from 1 machine.

So the question to ask is if mythic or you think mythic is gonna nerf /fubar buffbots, why are they making it so easy to drive 2 accounts ? even if you only have 1 computer.

To me that smells of business and mythic have seen an oportune way of making more money.

Z

zlair

A solution could be...

... make a 2nd RvR realm, where u gain more RPs (so ppl go there), but all buffs r limited to the grp ur in (so no solo stealth-tanks etc).

but then again...

... then ppl would complain of zergs jada jada jada...

... but Mythic would make more cash, cuz ppl would stay for another month or two :p

J

jua-cosmos-jua

you said end regen? yes but not in albion :)

B

bewal

I'm one of these SB's that refuse to get another account to make a buffbot. I work, got family, sports... to put this much investment in to a game would be pretty silly. Yes, I have hard time with it. I also have fun, if Im careful. SB's that go buffed get those kills every other minute, I get mine with care. Pisses me off though occasionally. Buffs should have a range, lets hope it happens in the future.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by bewal
I'm one of these SB's that refuse to get another account to make a buffbot. I work, got family, sports... to put this much investment in to a game would be pretty silly. Yes, I have hard time with it. I also have fun, if Im careful. SB's that go buffed get those kills every other minute, I get mine with care. Pisses me off though occasionally. Buffs should have a range, lets hope it happens in the future.

Imagine playing unbuffed as an archer tho, with see hidden on every single assassin out there(or most of them anyway). Its not fun at all...

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Jerelyn
"ANYONE HAVE A SPARE BUFF??? I NEED END REGEN.. PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE ANYONE PLLEEEEAEAASE"
Pity only Midgard has castable end regen buff. The shaman is truly the ultimate buffbot class.

F

-Freezingwiz-

hehe

Originally posted by censi
me thinks the twat above uses one....

hehe he have a SB, how can he not have a buffbot ? ^^ I think I have meet 3-4 SB´s that was unbuffed.... dono if they just have been rezzed or they didn´t have a buffbot...

and the atk-amg campers have that´s for sure......

G

greenfingers

I want a buffbot too ! :eek:\

Then, maybe, I can solo a blue SB with my theurg instead of getting one hit, even with PBT lvl 26 running ! :(

hate being hit with more then 1100 dmg ... nerf SB's BIG time !!!

X

Xandax

Re: hehe

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
hehe he have a SB, how can he not have a buffbot ? ^^ I think I have meet 3-4 SB´s that was unbuffed.... dono if they just have been rezzed or they didn´t have a buffbot...

and the atk-amg campers have that´s for sure......

Ahem - not all SBs have buffbots (I don't anyway) -and btw I'm sure just as many of the infils have buffbots.

Of all the infils I've killed or been a party of killing I remember a handfull kills where the infil didn't drop buffs.
And 2 of them was infils leaving Dodens Gruva.
So try to look at your own realm once in a while before pointing the finger in blame at others. :rolleyes:

(PS: don't like buffbots personally - and wouldn't mind seeing a nerf on them, unlikly event though)

EDIT: Btw - nerf infils 2.5x spec and vanish before nerfing SBs. :D

C

cplcarrot

Originally posted by Radghast
buffbots give a major advantage...nobody will question that. But they are still no match for a balanced grp of players. would appear that the ones suffering most from buff bot users are stealthers or those who RvR solo. This is unfortunate but in my experience the majority of these ppl already have BB's of their own anyway.

I know ppl may not like it, but the fact is that RvR is designed to be a group orientated activity..regardless of class. Those who prefer to solo will have to put up with the BB users as there will be no nerf for them. BB = 2 accounts...2 accounts = twice the money for mythic. no way they are gonna nerf that when a large portion of every server are using them.

Whilst I agree with the major points, SBs, infs and other stealth dependant classes are MEANT to be solo, thats why PvE was so damn tough for us in the old days.

What that means is that we can COMFORTABLY compete if we are solo. Problem is once a set of this class type starts using Buffbots, the solo classes can no longer solo cos the enemy are MASSIVELY overpowered. Unfortunately i do not share your optimism with buffbot nerfs and think it is more likely the entire problem classes will get nerfed instead.

FYI in the 6 months I been away I seen nerfs to evade + IP (thus my 50 CS chain is useless and I had to respec) an apparant nerf to damage tables in offense to infs (thats all i can speak for) and finally an apparant nerf to base damage output (im SURE its lower than it used to be).

So all in all -- Buffbots mean ALL solo chars now need buffs, it aint the game assuming all have it, its just the only way to compete now against other solo classes. U ever tried unbuffed combat with a fully buffed sb? relic or no relic 3 or 4 style blows == death for me, even if I get a damn PA off, im doomed.

So thats my story, if u cant beat em, join em, dont expect Mythic to take a nerfbat to a class which makes them double the money from 1 subscriber.

R

Runolaz

I think buffs is a tricky bit, and there is no way Mythic is gonna nerf it. This is how they plan to make a profit on the game, and keep it going as long as there is money to be made on it. If you can't grasp this, then plz move on, cuz anyway it's not gonna change. It's obvious that they planned for this as a sales strategy. Windows-mode in daoc makes it possible for all ppl to have a 2nd account if they feel the need for one. This isn't about having enough money anymore. The extra money I pay for a 2nd account is like what I would use going out drinking on Saturday. :drink:

J

Jarrax

I'm another unbuffed SB,
I dont agree with buffbots for PvP,as a result, i mainly RvR around my frontier or DF when bored. ( I have this belief that 90% buffbots are perma-logged in emain)

I can accept buffbots for PvE, because lets face it, anything to lessen to ball-breaking grind to 50 is a good thing.

But, imo, buffbots are abuse...abuse of mythics greed. And far to many people abuse Mythics greed to gain an un-skilled upperhand on other players.
It just amuses me when these buffed ponces kills someone un-buffed, that they think somehow they are the "better player".
I'm just glad I have the stealth+see hidden to avoid most of the ones I know who have bots.

P

Pin

I found myself in a sorry state of affairs. It's come to the point where I have to level my nursemaid to level 50 just to compete :( Give me another week or so and I might actually be viable in RvR again...

While I'm at it, I've also decided that if she's going to be level 50, she'd also better be properly equipped, so I'm ordering a full masterpiece chain suit so she can be the best-dressed girl at apk.

Now, I have my SC template for her done, but I'm having difficulty deciding on armour procs... I was thinking half ablative (a bit of extra protection when a FG decides to suicide on the keep) with some DoTs and DDs thrown in - firstly she might get some RPs and eventually have enough for Mastery of the Arcane to improve her buffs further, and secondly they'll really piss off some archers who buy Volley thinking they can go own some buffbots.

What do you guys think?

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Jarrax
<snip>
It just amuses me when these buffed ponces kills someone un-buffed, that they think somehow they are the "better player".
<snip>

Oh I couldn't agree more. :clap:

A

Arthwyr

A solution could be...

... make a 2nd RvR realm, where u gain more RPs (so ppl go there), but all buffs r limited to the grp ur in (so no solo stealth-tanks etc).

but then again...

... then ppl would complain of zergs jada jada jada...

... but Mythic would make more cash, cuz ppl would stay for another month or two

Thought of this a while back. Nice compensation for ppl who don't have a buffbot would be to increase the number of Rpoints your worth when your buffed OR decrease the number of points you get for killing an unbuffed player. Basicly just compare the players involved in a fight , give a bonus to the unbuffed guy for killing the buffed one and a penalty for the buffed guy killing the unbuffed one. Wouldn't nerf buffs directly or discourage ppl from using them but it would compensate the time investment of the unbuffed guy who obviously will kill alot les then the buffed one.

S

Sabu

Originally posted by -yoda-
buff bit users = people who dont have the skill to fight normally and need the ubah buffbots so they can have a BIG advantage vs others ,, so they ask daddy to buy them a 2nd comp and a 2nd account or ask daddy to buy them a lvl50 cleric of ebay and put it full enhance .

ifa person is running around emain and they get the odd eb/haste or a dex/st/con buff of a roaming cleric in a grp then imo thats not to bad . but the sucky peeps who have a lvl50 BOT with full ench parked at a telekeep or bk so they can roam around like a god imo is lame and summin only losers do . because there char is gimped and is not competetive enough or not well enough equipped to fight without buffbot buffs.

there WILL be a buffbot nerf in the near future im sure of that . i think they will do it like buffs have a range so u can ggo to far away from person who buffed you . or maybe only able to buff people your grpd with . but buffbots do and will be nerfed soon. so all those peeps who run around with botted bufs are gona have to compete on a lvl playing field ,

i find it pretty funy when a buffbotted person dies . they bot theselves to try make a name for themselves for being uber . when in fact nobody see's skill in anybody who is buffbotted . they just a gimp with uber buffas that make them v powerfull ..

:clap:

J

jox

Hard time falling asleep?

Print out a couple of buffbot/see hidden-whiners-threads and start to read them...works for me

S

salamurhaaja

So it's ok to use buffs when you are in group but not when you solo? Stop flaming people that got buffs, it's not illegal or against the game rules and how childish to accuse people that got buffs noobs, otherwise 75% of all players are noobs.

Lotsa tanks and mages drop same amount of buffs when i kill them but you don't hear me complaining about it. Want me start taking screens all people that drop buffs? I mean really, come on !!

FFS, stop whining about buffs !!

D

Danya

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Thought of this a while back. Nice compensation for ppl who don't have a buffbot would be to increase the number of Rpoints your worth when your buffed OR decrease the number of points you get for killing an unbuffed player. Basicly just compare the players involved in a fight , give a bonus to the unbuffed guy for killing the buffed one and a penalty for the buffed guy killing the unbuffed one. Wouldn't nerf buffs directly or discourage ppl from using them but it would compensate the time investment of the unbuffed guy who obviously will kill alot les then the buffed one.
That's a nerf for people who form balanced groups though...

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by salamurhaaja

FFS, stop whining about buffs !!

Asking for that its like asking ppl for stop using a buffbot.
As some of the buffbot users use to say: live with it. Or simply dont read this kind of threads

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Arthwyr
give the buffbot some proportion of the rps of each kill if he's not in the same group :p

Z

zaberhut

for as long as the buffs dont have a range/grp kinda deal ppl will use em on infs/sbs/huters/scouts/ns/rangers .. i actually look forward to the day when ALL realms get a range cap on buffs .... but until then i think ill keep her at aug specc.

Users who are viewing this thread