Buffbots

Y

yog-hurt

FFS some people are such twats - this is a 100% flame post..

i was forced to post this with an argument on Alb pad :p

people were saying that people who use buffers are noobs etc..

rite.. and now .. my point is that the people who say this are NOOBs and shit players... and im asking this... if they had a buffer woudl they complain????

also if they had a chance to be able to use a buffbot you think they would decline? LMFAO NO WAY WOULD THEY!

so all im saying is STFU .. if you dnt like other people usign buffbots you just have to deal with it - if it gets to you that bad make one yourself!

kthx

C

Carlos Bananos

/agrees.

people whine usually because it's somthing they can't get, personally im more pissed when im trashed by 3fg of albs/hibs a hell of a lot more than if some buffbotted assasin kicks my ass

M

mastade

Put range on buffs already, so this constant whining/flaming about buffbots will end...

C

censi

Yog, all I can say is you need them.... and make sure you have them if you ever try to solo me... if you dont have them ill tear u a new arse hole.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by mastade
Put range on buffs already, so this constant whining/flaming about buffbots will end...

Why?

nerf healer types all because some people cry when they have to fight at a disadvantage?

O

old.LandShark

/nods
Totally true that only people who can't/don't have buffbots themselves whinge about em.

As to range on conc buffs.... guaranteed to end up being more trouble than it's worth. :p

E

Exiled

and the point of this 10x buffbot moan thread is.......... :rolleyes: grow up, if you dont have one tough, if you do you need one your gimped,

Y

yog-hurt

1. i dnt need a buffbot - atm i use my friends - i do not have a personal one -

2. a buffbot is a huge advantage - so why not use it ? :eek:

C

censi

lol, I think when most peeps started playing DAOC, they didnt realise there would be other people sad enough to buy 2 accounts and get 2 pc's just so they could kill something solo...

I dont really care I dont solo nemore, but still find peeps like Yog funny as feck...

I bet some of the really sad buffbot users even contemplate using 3 pc's for bouble buffs etc..

You would soon see Yog and Co. moaning how terrible that was, but he'd be ordering his 3rd PC by the end of the week....

alternativly you could just try and use some skill to kill your opponents... just a thought?

Y

yog-hurt

censi i play from a lan centre were i work -

and you saying all buffbot users arnt skillful??

cough Alpha - by far the most skillful player on excal - and he uses a buffbot.. so well done - you obviously know what your talking about.

O

old.Charonel

lol 3pc's...could extend that.

you could go uberbuffbotted and have twin synch pbt, full druid buffs, bard speed 5, 6 druid insta heals, full warden resist buffs etc..............:puke:

some day people will begin to understand that it's actually more fun to kill someone without using a buffbot, i've borrowed someone elses for rvr ONCE out of curiosity about just how much of a difference the full set of lvl 50 druid buffs made, the reason i dont even ask for it's use again is because out of the three solo kills i got on blue/orange con people, all of them were entirely boring, now i think i'd have killed them anyway even without the buffs, would have just been harder, the point is that if i wasnt buffed, even if it made no difference to the outcome, it WOULD have been a lot more enjoyable.

the above is the only reason you wont see me in rvr with a buffbot, not because it's lame, not because you have to be a n00b, but simply because there's no enjoyment for me in doing it, and i think many people feel the same way.

C

censi

"cough Alpha - by far the most skillful player on excal - and he uses a buffbot.. so well done - you obviously know what your talking about."

Dunno about alpha's skill to be honest, just know he's ridiclously powered up from buffs, this buys him so much more time than other minstrals....

Players using buffbotts dont have skill, just buffs....

If they had skill they wouldn't need the buffs....

A

Agreac

Originally posted by censi
lol, I think when most peeps started playing DAOC, they didnt realise there would be other people sad enough to buy 2 accounts and get 2 pc's just so they could kill something solo...

LOL, did it pop in to your mind that ppl might have had 2 or more pc's way before buying daoc? So what's so sad about not selling your old computer when buying new one? I could set up 2-3 extra accounts at my home, but IMO it's not worth the trouble or the money. But I don't go telling other ppl "how sad" they are by having 2 or more accounts. If something is sad it's ppl whining about it.

E

Envenom2

can i just ask this question what is skill on this game? i just cant see how u can be skillfull in this game u run up to someone bash a few buttons and thats it? i really fail to see what skill is in this game i really do.

C

censi

Im not telling anyone not to go and buy 2 PC's???

But pls dont deny me the right to rip the piss out of them for doing so.... I get so few plesures in life.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Envenom2
can i just ask this question what is skill on this game? i just cant see how u can be skillfull in this game u run up to someone bash a few buttons and thats it? i really fail to see what skill is in this game i really do.

if you simplify it down like that you just sound stupid. "how hard can it be to break the world record? just fucking run and jump".

not that daoc is much skill though.

K

k9awya

Originally posted by yog-hurt
1. i dnt need a buffbot - atm i use my friends - i do not have a personal one -

2. a buffbot is a huge advantage - so why not use it ? :eek:

oe is a huge advantage - so why not use it ? :eek:

A

Aussie-

go play quake if you wanna show your skill. :|||||

B

Brevis

Some people use buffbots..... so what really, then you get a perfectly good excuse why you got owned right?

But people that completely rule out that players with buffbots has no skills I disagree with, the one thing doenst rule out the other.

Even if I was buffed beyond belief I would most likely still die because I got a very itchy trigger-finger <eye starts to twitch>

Range on buff's, I really doubt we will see that. If we do, the whole buff bot thing would be ended there and then.
But look at it from Mythic/Goa point of view, the buffbot is a paying customer, would you deny yourself the possibility to get the extra cash?

The bots are here to stay, if you cant take the "beating" get one yourself, dont solo in RvR and so on....

Just my 2 cents

B

bracken_woodman

Another pointless buffbot thread :(

Bottom line is that people who have buffbots will never agree that they are lame, just like people who don't will never agree that they are acceptable. Points to remember are:

1. Not everyone has 2 pcs or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone.

2. Whether someone has a buffbot or not, you can't judge whether that person is a good player or not until you've actually grouped with them or fought against them a number of times. Saying just because someone has a buffbot means they aren't a good player is dumb, just as its equally dumb to say someone is a good player because they have a lot of realm points. Someone's realm rank is a combination of skill + time spent in rvr (some people will always be able to spend more time playing than others) + buffbot factor (for some people). Therefore absolutely no conclusion can be drawn on someones ability purely on their realm rank.

3. In a 1v1 fight, if one person has a buffbot and the other doesn't then it is no longer a 1v1. Its 2v1. Therefore once again no conclusion can be drawn on who's the better player.

Personally I dont have access to a buffbot, but Im past caring whether some other people do or not. I just don't draw any conclusions on whether a person is any good or not until Ive grouped with them a few times. The whole argument is entirely pointless and like something out of a school playground.

Y

yog-hurt

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
[

1. Not everyone has 2 pcs or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone.

[/B]

brackan i agree with you on most .. but think about what you said ..'or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone' ... then emphasise is on this comment.. as you said in the first half its their choice to not use it - then y ou say this is areason why they CANt? mm im confused but that dnt make sense :p it seems everyone can use it

K

k9awya

brackan i agree with you on most .. but think about what you said ..'or wishes to run daox, so buffbots are NOT available to everyone' ... then emphasise is on this comment.. as you said in the first half its their choice to not use it - then y ou say this is areason why they CANt? mm im confused but that dnt make sense :p it seems everyone can use it

not everyone can afford to keep 2 accounts tbh

+
yea but daox isnt allowed

but neither is oe, so you can have your buffbot and ill use oe.
just another 'fair advantage i guess

O

old.Charonel

hehe, depends which copy of windows you run, you can't allways run two instances of daoc with daox, mostly you can, but not allways.

on top of that there's the fact that it'd be a bad idea trying to run two instances of daoc through a 56k modem, bad in the extreme, does the phrase "link death" mean anything? you just wouldnt have the bandwidth for it, now if you can run two instances and have a powerfull enough pc, with the "right" version of windows, along with a nice dsl connection then sure, you can run a buffbot, but not everyone has that, so they're not available to everyone.

L

lofff

FFS some people are such twats - this is a 100% flame post..

i was forced to post this with an argument on Alb pad :p

people were saying that people who use buffers are noobs etc..

rite.. and now .. my point is that the people who say this are NOOBs and shit players... and im asking this... if they had a buffer woudl they complain????

Obviously no buffbotters blame themselves.

also if they had a chance to be able to use a buffbot you think they would decline? LMFAO NO WAY WOULD THEY!

Actually i log a mate's warden and stick it to me afk when in pve hunts when we need badly a bubble boy and theres no1 on/available (or just on exp grps with my bard) Same way ive been offered many drood buffers form other mates in game but i wont ever log em as buffbots for rvr...

Why? cos its ghey and unfair. And ofc, i got a selfbuff+debuffs what allows me to keel buffed jumpers with ease 99% (i had this posibilite all my daoc career not just now that i have selfbuff... and i did NEVER buffboted my arse)

so all im saying is STFU .. if you dnt like other people usign buffbots you just have to deal with it - if it gets to you that bad make one yourself!

kthx

Well i usually give my opinion in those threads, its not that i start threads like that etc it does not help any1, buffbots are wrong and unfair and need to b fixed but ppl will keep using em cos it gives an advantage.

Anyway u can see whos skilled and whos not even when theres buffbots involved, sure buffs give an HUGE advantage but...

G

Gekul

The OGC hack for half-life and it's mods (Counterstrike etc) is probably more easily available to most people than a second account and BB ;)

L

lofff

forgot to say 1 thing, my mate's warden aint 50, and 90% wardens just do afk while exping, so what i do is to help him exping -.-

And about alpha... poor alpha who gets pulled into ever thread btw... imo hes a skilled player, just by looking what he does, how he does etc... a good player playing a tweaked char that shouldnt exist, hes not playing a minstrel.

ppl who cheats/hacks does it to get advantage over other players and ofc pwn. Buffbot is a legal way to cheat.

A

astokig

naaa

I can use buffbots if i whant , and whit my SB i do, but i would not care if they fixed anything so u hafto have bot in grp for buffs or in a certain range, i find that a good idea, some can have bots other ppl dont, and if u r buffed to the teeth u cant actully say "lol i owned him" if the other dude didnt have buffbots.

I say: DO SOMTHING ABOUT BOTS, MORE FUN WHITOUT!

some names in the RvR r the same as death, would be fun to see if those ppl could spank that good whitout buffs.

cmon , WHINE!!!!

L

lofff

Re: naaa

Originally posted by astokig
I say: DO SOMTHING ABOUT BOTS, MORE FUN WHITOUT!

that is the point, and coming from a buffbot user its quite nice and valuable.

Users who are viewing this thread