Which class takes most skill to play?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I reckon the hardest classes to play well ..and I mean..reasonably flippin skilled would probably be a bard...a hero....and maybe a druid..

I say bard because they have to drive..they have to scout..they have to hit the mezz..the hard part for a bard I reckon is mainly before the fight...then once the fight begins the bard is on twisting/interupt duty...

I say a hero because Ive played one at 50..a shield hero ( or thane etc etc ) playing well is not easy..weapon switching/ guard switching / intercepting / bodyguarding / slamming the box ..that shit can be hard ! :D

I say druid ( and its same * healers in general* ) because thats what my last character was and now with toa/nf habla habla I find Ive got every frikking quickbar full up of SHITE and everything on them seems to be important..

You get into a battle..you deploy fop/ spread heal / root tanks / buff shear / kite like a mad mfer / release ure mionions of zo :clap: bla bla ..cant think of the rest but you know where im coming from :D

I think its a small tiny bit harder for druids because not every group runs with a warden and the bard isnt a healer so while 1 druid is fopping a standard hib group has 1 active healer...mids generally run with 2 healers and a shaman ( im saying general ...as in what ive seen for myself but not saying thats the way it is ) so they have 2 active healers..

plus if u check duskwave..the highest rr class are healers and there are less healers than there are druids so chances are most healers u will encounter prolly have DI 3 compared to a lot of the druids who wouldnt have DI .

..Not saying the rest are not as hard to play but these are the classes Ive decided to myself to be the hardest to play with regards to fullfilling a duty towards their groups ( ie healing / guarding / intrupting for them )

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
I think its a small tiny bit harder for druids because not every group runs with a warden and the bard isnt a healer so while 1 druid is fopping a standard hib group has 1 active healer...mids generally run with 2 healers and a shaman ( im saying general ...as in what ive seen for myself but not saying thats the way it is ) so they have 2 active healers.

how about clerics who never have 2ndry healers and 99% of the time have no friar so basicly everyones spec nukes hit for alot (so its harder to heal)?

what you said about bards applys equaly to pac healers and sorcs who lead, what u said about heros applys equaly to warriors and paladins (but pallys also gota twist etc)

u didnt narrow it down very much :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Ronso said:
then once the fight begins the bard is on twisting/interupt duty...
And this isn't hard? ;) Interrupting while trying to stay alive and providing endurance to tanks is difficult, I tell you.
Ronso said:
I think its a small tiny bit harder for druids because not every group runs with a warden and the bard isnt a healer so while 1 druid is fopping a standard hib group has 1 active healer...mids generally run with 2 healers and a shaman ( im saying general ...as in what ive seen for myself but not saying thats the way it is ) so they have 2 active healers..
Eh, that's some twisted logic; first of all, why would the Druid deploy FoP first thing in a fight? That's a lot of wasted seconds while you (a) run the risk of getting interrupted and losing precious time, and (b) can't do your job properly. Most FG fights you will not need a FoP as long as you have power pots and power RAs available, and besides, enemy groups that do allow you to FoP during the fight are generally not good enough to warrant the extra power. Secondly, what's to prevent a Mid Healer to be Perfector and feel the same inclination to FoP as you do in the fight, thus leaving the enemy group with one active healer too? (The Shaman and the Pac Healer will be too busy doing their real job in a FG vs FG fight to have the time to put down FoP or heal properly.) And thirdly, Clerics have it just as bad as Druids, there are two of them in a typical group and they're solely responsible for all the healing going on.

Some people claim primary healers are easy to play, perhaps the easiest classes in the game. I beg to differ (of course); first of all, it takes a special mindset to play a support character, and primary healers are the most support-like classes of them all. You need to be a mature player to not have the constant urge to get big damage numbers and deathspam rolling in. ;) Furthermore, primary healers amount to far more than spreadheal 4tw--I won't bother going into details, but every decent player knows that good support wins the day. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Belomar said:
. Secondly, what's to prevent a Mid Healer to be Perfector and feel the same inclination to FoP as you do in the fight, thus leaving the enemy group with one active healer too? (The Shaman and the Pac Healer will be too busy doing their real job in a FG vs FG fight to have the time to put down FoP or heal properly.) And thirdly, Clerics have it just as bad as Druids, there are two of them in a typical group and they're solely responsible for all the healing going on.

yeah, but remember - druid's job is to interupt (aoe root) and shear while healing (clerics can interupt, but not in same scale, but yes they can shear as well)
and why should a healer who can become sojo go prefector when shaman should be perf and only 1 perf is need for each grp tbh (no shaman in their right mind should go for convoker imo ;o) i'd say:
pac healer>druid>cleric>aug healer

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
What's this, in terms of difficulty of playing? I'm not certain I agree, there are many fine points here. All Healers have ST mezz and stun they are expected to use, just like a Druid is expected to interrupt or do secondary CC. Clerics and Druids have shears, Healers have cure mezz (love it!). Aug Healers provide Celerity with 1000 radius, which means that they have to get into the thick of it and can't just stay back and hide like other primary healers. Your view is too simplified, IMO.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
yeah, but remember - druid's job is to interupt (aoe root) and shear while healing (clerics can interupt, but not in same scale, but yes they can shear as well)
and why should a healer who can become sojo go prefector when shaman should be perf and only 1 perf is need for each grp tbh (no shaman in their right mind should go for convoker imo ;o) i'd say:

cleric has less tools to interupt with and less tools to go defensive with. That's why I've gone for a slightly more offensive template so I can defend myself and the other cleric in the group. I don't know many other chars which have 4/5 active qbars in fights as well as around 6 qbound keys.

I really also think mid healers have it so easy off because there are so many heal classes in their groups (talking fotm setups here). Theres a maximum of 2 clerics in any setup group yet mids can get away with having 2 healers as well as pac healer to backup heal/res and shaman who can heal whilst interupting. The difference between a shaman and a friar is that the friar if in a group will be responsible for either defending other group members or for going offensive and its a lot more difficult to heal from melee range then it is from 1500 range :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well, shaman's do not have to heal either, they should be busy interupting, shearing, diseasing, rooting etc etc etc - if a shaman heals something might be wrong...

i didn't put it in grp setup order i put it as, imo, required skill for individual class+spec (in healer cases)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Belomar said:
What's this, in terms of difficulty of playing? I'm not certain I agree, there are many fine points here. All Healers have ST mezz and stun they are expected to use, just like a Druid is expected to interrupt or do secondary CC. Clerics and Druids have shears, Healers have cure mezz (love it!). Aug Healers provide Celerity with 1000 radius, which means that they have to get into the thick of it and can't just stay back and hide like other primary healers. Your view is too simplified, IMO.

tell me, what do i base it on? ;o

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
tell me, what do i base it on? ;o
I have no idea, I'm not telepathic, nor do I know anything about you. :rolleyes: Like you, I did say "imo", however.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
well, shaman's do not have to heal either, they should be busy interupting, shearing, diseasing, rooting etc etc etc - if a shaman heals something might be wrong...

i didn't put it in grp setup order i put it as, imo, required skill for individual class+spec (in healer cases)

Shaman has insta group heal (~900hp each member with vr2)
+ group hp/mana/endu friggs (30% hp/mana/endu from 6 ticks)

Isn't it considered as a healing?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
hardest: definitely bard
easiest: bonedancer and high ml minstrel

high ml mincer? why? lol have you tried one? mincer got ALOT of stuff\abilities to think about, so its kinda hard\challenging to play..

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
mincer is one of hardest class to play.

not a single mincer if preset alb grps = no good mincers around
same goes for skalds :)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Easiest? zergling fittfiltrator with all relix

Hardest? solo sb without relix

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
not many groups run with minstrels so that comment was geared towards solo minstrels; and solo high ml minstrels ARE easy to play

Litmus

Resident Freddy
hardest: bard

easyiest: aug healer(cmon cant be to hard to play clerity and heal) and bd ofc.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
not many groups run with minstrels so that comment was geared towards solo minstrels; and solo high ml minstrels ARE easy to play

It's not easy to play, it's just slightly overpowered. Once FZ is fixed their power is gone.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Roadie said:
u didnt narrow it down very much :)

the word I was looking to use at the time was 'counter-parts' but it didnt come to me so if u check it again when I mentioned hero I also said ( thane etc ) and when I said druids I also said ( healers in general ) ..i didnt mention sorcs cause I think they are far easier to play than a bard..

and to whoever said ..why would u deploy fop etc..well cause most of the albs Ive come across are usually camping at the docks so I straight away go underwater and my m8 fops while I heal ..and when we run into mids its usually the monti tank grp and they either wipe u straight out or ure settling in for a nice drawn out fight with no leechs hopefully ..

CLUB ORANGE..THANKS FOR ASKING K.. :D

*Edit* Ardd ill come out of active retirment to get u bracer of z fella :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Summoner said:
Shaman has insta group heal (~900hp each member with vr2)
+ group hp/mana/endu friggs (30% hp/mana/endu from 6 ticks)

Isn't it considered as a healing?

no i dont, they cast em insta - or with a 2 sec cast timer(?)

i consider classes that heals to be invited to the grp for the healing job as a part of their spec (bard shouldn't heal unless something is wrong either while wardens should)

Ronso! - tonight's the time! trying to get a grp for it ;x

(belo, i ment when you said my view were too simplified and nowhere in my posts i've stated why i think aug healer's are the easiest)

/edit again ;x

and for the mincer part - carpp on pryd is warlord! afaik he pwns quite hard.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
high ml mincer? why? lol have you tried one? mincer got ALOT of stuff\abilities to think about, so its kinda hard\challenging to play..

he prolly mean solo mincer @ high ML is the easyest, and tbh I can only agree if u fight someone 1 on 1 as a mincer and u don't win.... u suxx or the enemy got PA-CD in on u, and purge was down.

I think the only cass I can't beat 1 on 1 with ML's/artys/ra's is prolly a Merc for a few reasons Dirty tricks, charge and because warlord ML abilitys goes to him aswell xD
but ofc Zephyr don't make 1 on 1 harder either if u chose Sojo line :p

but I do how ever find it fun to go to brynje bridge and fight multiple enemy's with my mincer, solo or as a duo with a rl m8 :)

but with the following abilitys u will have a hard time looseing 1 on 1....

IP
SoM/Cleric heal proc
Warguard
Battler/Malice charge
Bolstering Battlecry
Guided Strike
RR5 Mezz pet RA thingy (<3 BD/SM xD)

Just look at Warguard + Battler, that give u 25 + 19% absorbe + 27 from chain armor, that would be 71% absorbe + Spec AF
on top of that I have Sidi torso and 9.10 legs for heal proc (uber when fighting more than 1 enemy xD )

but I think a mincer is easy to play, hard to master and use all abilitys, and even harder to play in fg vs fg and master it.... (I suxx @ that :twak: )

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
no i dont, they cast em insta - or with a 2 sec cast timer(?)

i consider classes that heals to be invited to the grp for the healing job as a part of their spec (bard shouldn't heal unless something is wrong either while wardens should)

healers, druids, clerics should heal.
warden = 50% bg/grapple/interrupt, 50% heal

VR is available on shaman, warden, friar, paladin and it's insta cast. I don't understand why it's not considered as a "back-up" healing as u use it when primary healers cannot heal for some reason.

Beside it im pretty sure that if mid group consists of 2 high rr healers + shaman + skald then it won't need 3rd healer.

Plz also consider number of dmg dealers in alb, hib and standard mid grp.
Alb: 2 dedicated healers, lets say 1 bger, 5 dmg dealers.
Hib: 2.5 dedicated healers, bard, 1.5 bger, 3 dmg dealers.
Mid: 3 dedicated healers, shaman, 1 bger, 3 dmg dealers.

If u feel like u lack heals in alb/hib grp u could also get 3rd dedicated healer in grp instead of dmg dealer for alb and bger for hib.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
VR is available on ...paladin and it's insta cast. I don't understand why it's not considered as a "back-up" healing as u use it when primary healers cannot heal for some reason.

Because it's crap, that's why. Why the hell should I spend 15 RA points in an RA that doesn't even heal me?

There are a lot of other RAs I'd rather have; IP, WoC, AotG being a few.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Because it's crap, that's why. Why the hell should I spend 15 RA points in an RA that doesn't even heal me?

There are a lot of other RAs I'd rather have; IP, WoC, AotG being a few.

u've no clue :p

DI doesn't heal its owner as well.
BG doesn't make any advantage to BGer.
Healing others is wasting time.

Lets all role smite cleric to be happy...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Danamyr said:
LOL @ this attitude. Indeed, why the hell should you spec for the group instead of for yourself! :rolleyes:

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
LOL @ this attitude. Indeed, why the hell should you spec for the group instead of for yourself! :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with my attitude TBH.

For a start, my Guild is dead, so I mostly run solo apart from the odd PUG or PoC session with Glamis.

Additionally, my RAs do help my group. The active I have other than Purge ATM is AotG - a group damage add. Nothing selfish in that is there? It helps the PUG out and it helps me out when I am solo.

Don't start getting excited because I don't want to purchase VR - if I wanted to heal, I'd of rolled a Cleric ;)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
u've no clue :p

DI doesn't heal its owner as well.
BG doesn't make any advantage to BGer.
Healing others is wasting time.

Lets all role smite cleric to be happy...

STFU - read my reply to Belomar above and QQ elsewhere TBH :wanker:

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
well the problem is that u cannot afford purge2, aotg2 and vr2 at rr3, but later u'd get it anyway to be more useful for ur grp.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:

Its a bit the same as what AM does on a solo skald
or what moc does on a skald..

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
Plz also consider number of dmg dealers in alb, hib and standard mid grp.
Alb: 2 dedicated healers, lets say 1 bger, 5 dmg dealers.
Hib: 2.5 dedicated healers, bard, 1.5 bger, 3 dmg dealers.
Mid: 3 dedicated healers, shaman, 1 bger, 3 dmg dealers.

Tbh wouldnt say standard alb grp has 5 dmg dealers as a theurg is normally spending 95% of there time interupting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom