Which class takes most skill to play?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
with shears and buffs (i also use buffs in rvr ya know ;>) qb1 for heals, cure ns and roots, qb2 with spec shears, cure's and other which i can't remember, 3 for base shears, aoe's and resis, 4 for buffs, pet and fop, 5 for items and the rarely used spells :eek: 6-7-8-9-10 (plotted in randomly) for random and qb'd ;)

/edit

ronso, i think animists requires alot of skills too ;< stop being /quit and return to try it!!11!11

Yes..back as an ani..checkzor my emerald rider ...call him Fittee fivecent..

so ardd..what Qbar is bracer of Z on ? aww yeah :p prolly gonna play the druid a tiny tiny bit just to get the last lvl on that piece o shit ..

now bk to the thread ..anis / bds are the easiest..depending on the spec they can require some skill to play but there is the easy mode option..take horlely for example..he is an animist but a very good player that doesnt opt for just GT and a 5cent..he works the class well ..dunno..ill stfu now

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Gear rox..u must have judged it wrong..gear > all in the nice department..mk?

I speak as I find. There are plenty of people in this game with a sense of fair play and honour. He isn't one based upon my experiance with him so far. If he behaves differently the next time I get wtfpwned by his Realm mates then I might change my mind, until then my opinion stands.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Ocalinn said:
bards are 2 button classes, press speed and when they see the enemy press insta mezz so its not hard to play them

so clueless.

i've played most of the classes of hib and alb. never played mid tho.

but from my experience;

hardest - bard, deffo.

easiest - theurgist.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
i dont find bard hardest at all personally, but then again, im very used to playing it.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
eSo said:
so clueless.

i've played most of the classes of hib and alb. never played mid tho.

but from my experience;

hardest - bard, deffo.

easiest - theurgist.

hm theurg isent that easy i think ;p

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
hm theurg isent that easy i think ;p

i second that tbh id say pure dmg casters are much easier than a theurg especially the ones with there own BG pet and lifetap :flame:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Clerics can be easy to play averagely, or extremely difficult to play effectively.

Managing power, ie mixing single target and spread heals with instas and DI, interrupting and buff-sheering where appropriate, stunning, avoiding interrupts, positioning effectively, timing FOP placements, providing info to the assist train and support, ressing in coordination with fellow cleric, remembering to rebuff (Ashy!!), watching for group members being sheered/rebuffing them, using artifacts to your advantage, using RAs effectively - very complex.

However, I think all classes can be seen as "easy" or "hard" to different people. For example, I consider the idea of an MA Zerker incredibly easy, but as I haven't played one, I can't comment. People saying sorc is "easy" - depends on playstyle. In groups, effective interrupts, staying away from the assist train etc requires skill and thought.

Personally, the easiest class I've played (solo) is ML9+ minstrel; realm rank isn't important. So many tools to win fights without trying; my RR4 can beat RR9/10 chars quite easily; although, of course, not always.

Just my opinons.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Solo
Easyest: everything where 1 button spamming is able to kill easy
Hardest: Casters w/o Stun/mez

Grp
Easyest: everything tanks/casters who "just assist" the MA
Hardest: CC-classes & interupt classes (if u play them well, not talking moc and AE interupt spamming) and a well played cleric

Zerg:
Easyest: everything with AE dmg
Hardest: one ones who heal/CC the ppl getting zerged

Towers/keeps:
Easyest: Archers
Hardest: Assasins/tanks

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
Vendo
df df f8
df df df f8 (was some tank I bet)
df df f8
df df f8
/g DONT ASSIST ME I WANT FRAGS
f8 df df f8

so hard
Would probably be more like:
Vendo!
Whoops did the other grps assist train actually see me turn into a big fucking hamster?! (and in so doing sacrifice all my defensive capabilitys)
Assist train on meh! WTF!
Dead. :clap:

But all depends on support and availability of Meril... I mean a bg tank. :worthy:

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Hardest - Pac Healer, Sorc, Bard - An eld playing as support is a bit hard too - a shield tank is hard to, u need to be fast guarding/bg etc

Easiest - Bone (Not much to do, take a target and lifetap, send pet to another target, and spam tendrils when they have stun).

Kais

Banned
Aliorm said:
Easiest - Bone (Not much to do, take a target and lifetap, send pet to another target, and spam tendrils when they have stun).

compared to a chanter a bd using its abilities at full effectiveness requires a lot more skill than just stun debuff nuke aka chanter, consider twf placement, the use of bl abilites and contributing the dmg output of the grp aswell as setting pets on a target. Ok bd is an easy class to play to a decent standard, but to play it really well it needs more skill than many would believe.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Shatar said:
Would probably be more like:
Vendo!
Whoops did the other grps assist train actually see me turn into a big fucking hamster?! (and in so doing sacrifice all my defensive capabilitys)
Assist train on meh! WTF!
Dead. :clap:

But all depends on support and availability of Meril... I mean a bg tank. :worthy:

battler+rr5+bof2+bd abs buff+bg from thane= zerk will live.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
[NO]Subedai said:

but if not, he will die! all Zerkers walk the path to nothingness!!111one!11 :eek:

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Kais said:
compared to a chanter a bd using its abilities at full effectiveness requires a lot more skill than just stun debuff nuke aka chanter, consider twf placement, the use of bl abilites and contributing the dmg output of the grp aswell as setting pets on a target. Ok bd is an easy class to play to a decent standard, but to play it really well it needs more skill than many would believe.

the underlined part is where ur argument falls (because yes theres _really_ a lot more to do), u could simplify every class in game to 2 buttons if u want to generalize, but as u say, aproaching a 'full effectiveness' level requires a lot more ~~ (for _almost_ every class in game)

i believe the thread is more about how easy/hard is to reach that 'decent' level, rather than master a class

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pretty sure vendo only removes evade/parry it doesn't affect your AF, so you still have your armour at least.

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pretty sure vendo only removes evade/parry it doesn't affect your AF, so you still have your armour at least.
Yes ofc, but you know what I mean :/
And also if against a BM assist train you sacrifice evade/parry for nothing since they just use tripple wield and do some /laugh

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shatar said:
Yes ofc, but you know what I mean :/
And also if against a BM assist train you sacrifice evade/parry for nothing since they just use tripple wield and do some /laugh

hmm ok yeah that's a pain ;) the triple wield thing wasn't a problem back when noone in their right mind went for tanks...

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Easiest: playing a Iwinstrel.
Hardest: being über @ playing an Iwinstrel.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:

+ som proc + some extra af + 2.6k hp + 1.3k hp from ip2 + winged helm charge + nice crush resist for Jika playing Prozax, im sure my zerker will survive longer :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think any class is all that hard to play :<
Bd is easiest tho... strafe ftw ;/

Helme

Resident Freddy
[NO]Subedai said:
Soo.. with all those abilities that hib groups(blademasters) or albgroups(mercenarys) dont got and together with the 'best' damage of the lighttanks, zerks are hardmode. I really dont see how you get that together.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
High rr merc, bm (if suited properly) has higher dps than zerker. And they've possibility to stun their targets...

Bloodclot

Banned
if a zerker is in vendo, you can hit him for cap damage (like caster with no shields up) but not every swing.

i was in duel with a zerker that went vendo and just hitted him for cap damage with anytimer 3 times when he was in vendo mode. with my zerker i get my rr5 up if we fighting some bm/merc group. i will get hit for 290 instead of 300 damage. rr5 ability realy pwns :)

oh and charge3 is nice aswell to get out of assist trains :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bloodclot said:
if a zerker is in vendo, you can hit him for cap damage (like caster with no shields up) but not every swing.

got any logs of this?

(think the zerk TL ran some tests that show no effect on your absorb/AF is noticed when in zerk form, but if you have something that contradicts that there may be some bug in there)

sure the person you were hitting wasn't wearing a comedy hat?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:

I thought the entire point of Vendo was that you got a crit on every hit, not that you hit for cap?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Danamyr said:
I thought the entire point of Vendo was that you got a crit on every hit, not that you hit for cap?

he's saying you get hit for cap whilst vendo'd which shouldn't be the case.

Bloodclot

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
got any logs of this?

(think the zerk TL ran some tests that show no effect on your absorb/AF is noticed when in zerk form, but if you have something that contradicts that there may be some bug in there)

sure the person you were hitting wasn't wearing a comedy hat?

did duel against mezzings zerker named rokh. rr2 but fully toa'd. my cap on doublefrost is arround 390 mainhand and i hitted him with that when he went zerkmode. normal i would hit him for 250ish

but would happy to test it this evening

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Ur af is lowered in berserk mode from what i know. Thus u often hit ur cap.
U could also get 2 bolted by a decent fire wizard while in berserk ;)

PS. There is no exact formula for af anyway, neither for berserk mode i believe.

ADD. Mezzing > j00, bc :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom