Which class takes most skill to play?

rasiak

Fledgling Freddie
Duzic said:
Tbh wouldnt say standard alb grp has 5 dmg dealers as a theurg is normally spending 95% of there time interupting

still has the potential to deal nice dmg though, hence dmg dealer.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Solo VW isn't the easiest thing to do. No stealth, not much cc, no speed.

Sometimes I get to hit stuff pretty hard, although it's got to be said, stun (pets in particular) > me.

Dalilama

Fledgling Freddie
hardest m/p healer , bard is easy mode compare to a m/p healer.

easiest must be any archer whit 10 toa range on a tower/keep zergfight

Kalhid^^

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
Vendo
df df f8
df df df f8 (was some tank I bet)
df df f8
df df f8
/g DONT ASSIST ME I WANT FRAGS
f8 df df f8

so hard

^^ f2 Df, hamstring, leeper, rib separation :eek:

so harD? :eek:

Milky

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
healers, druids, clerics should heal.
warden = 50% bg/grapple/interrupt, 50% heal

VR is available on shaman, warden, friar, paladin and it's insta cast. I don't understand why it's not considered as a "back-up" healing as u use it when primary healers cannot heal for some reason.

Beside it im pretty sure that if mid group consists of 2 high rr healers + shaman + skald then it won't need 3rd healer.

Plz also consider number of dmg dealers in alb, hib and standard mid grp.
Alb: 2 dedicated healers, lets say 1 bger, 5 dmg dealers.
Hib: 2.5 dedicated healers, bard, 1.5 bger, 3 dmg dealers.
Mid: 3 dedicated healers, shaman, 1 bger, 3 dmg dealers.

If u feel like u lack heals in alb/hib grp u could also get 3rd dedicated healer in grp instead of dmg dealer for alb and bger for hib.

This is really silly. I do wonder though, what's a standard alb, hib or mid group look like to you?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Danamyr said:
There's nothing wrong with my attitude TBH.
There is, because you simply did not start from your own perspective, did you? You stated outright that VR is crap for a Paladin because it does not heal the caster. However, even if you happen to be a mostly solo Paladin that likes to whittle away at enemies for 150ish damage, the fact is that Paladins are regarded as support classes on a general scale, and are thus often members of a group. The possibility of buying VR is then a very important benefit that will help the whole group and allow it to perform even better as a unit. If I wanted to be a solo Aug Healer (no matter whether that is viable or not), I still wouldn't go around saying DI on Healers is crap just because it doesn't happen to heal myself.

Milky

Fledgling Freddie
rasiak said:
still has the potential to deal nice dmg though, hence dmg dealer.

and this is silly as well. Almost any class has the potential to do nice damage, as long as they spec for it. A damage dealer is only a damage dealer when his task in a group is dealing damage.

TT runs with a friar who is capable of doing some nice damage with his staff. Would you refer to him as on of our damage dealers even when 99% of the time he sticks to BG-ing/back-up healing/interrupting and rezzing?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Milky said:
TT runs with a friar who is capable of doing some nice damage with his staff. Would you refer to him as on of our damage dealers even when 99% of the time he sticks to BG-ing/back-up healing/interrupting and rezzing?

yes, because if the situations requires he can and will deal damage, same as the theurgist.

theurgist has same position as a light eld in grp, they got other tasks than dding ppl but they both can and will DD (effectively) more than often. I believe you are failing to differ betwen dedicated dmg dealers and dmg dealers... a light tank, a pure dmg caster is a dedicated dmg dealer. heavy tanks or utility casters are not, but they can b almost as effective if required so its one extra card in hand

Milky

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
yes, because if the situations requires he can and will deal damage, same as the theurgist.

theurgist has same position as a light eld in grp, they got other tasks than dding ppl but they both can and will DD (effectively) more than often. I believe you are failing to differ betwen dedicated dmg dealers and dmg dealers... a light tank, a pure dmg caster is a dedicated dmg dealer. heavy tanks or utility casters are not, but they can b almost as effective if required so its one extra card in hand

You are right when you, as you do, make a difference between dedicated dmg dealers and 'normal' damage dealers. Then again.. if this is the case, a group would consist of 8 'normal' damage dealers, of which 3 (in our group) are dedicated ones.

When you use your reasoning on damage dealers, which is fair enough, I still wonder how Summoner comes up with the fact that a 'standard' alb group has 5 damage dealers and both mid/hib ones have only 3.

That remains silly whatever your interpretation of the word damage dealer is, wouldn't you agree?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
There is, because you simply did not start from your own perspective, did you? You stated outright that VR is crap for a Paladin because it does not heal the caster. However, even if you happen to be a mostly solo Paladin that likes to whittle away at enemies for 150ish damage, the fact is that Paladins are regarded as support classes on a general scale, and are thus often members of a group. The possibility of buying VR is then a very important benefit that will help the whole group and allow it to perform even better as a unit. If I wanted to be a solo Aug Healer (no matter whether that is viable or not), I still wouldn't go around saying DI on Healers is crap just because it doesn't happen to heal myself.

No, there is nothing wrong with my attitude - if you read my post again it is completely apparent that I am speaking from my own perspective. I think VR is crap for *my* Paladin because it does not heal me, whereas Faith Heal used to.

I've already explained that I generally run solo (and unbuffed) - I need RAs that are going to help *me*. If that sounds selfish, so fucking what? Stop dictating to others how a class should be played, or what RAs they should have. Your argument *might* convince me *if* I was in a decent and regular GG, but that fact is that I am not, so it doesn't.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Milky said:
You are right when you, as you do, make a difference between dedicated dmg dealers and 'normal' damage dealers. Then again.. if this is the case, a group would consist of 8 'normal' damage dealers, of which 3 (in our group) are dedicated ones.

When you use your reasoning on damage dealers, which is fair enough, I still wonder how Summoner comes up with the fact that a 'standard' alb group has 5 damage dealers and both mid/hib ones have only 3.

That remains silly whatever your interpretation of the word damage dealer is, wouldn't you agree?

id agree her point of view was kinda biased, i believe the point trying to be made was that an alb grp has 5 ppl capable of doing relevant damage, while hib and mids have only 3 (however mids and hibs have actually 4, only the number of dedicated dmg dealers varies with setups been usually 3-4 for all realms, imo ;d)

edit: when i said i believe you are failing to differ.. it was meant to you both, not just you milky ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Danamyr said:
No, there is nothing wrong with my attitude - if you read my post again it is completely apparent that I am speaking from my own perspective. I think VR is crap for *my* Paladin because it does not heal me, whereas Faith Heal used to.

I've already explained that I generally run solo (and unbuffed) - I need RAs that are going to help *me*. If that sounds selfish, so fucking what? Stop dictating to others how a class should be played, or what RAs they should have. Your argument *might* convince me *if* I was in a decent and regular GG, but that fact is that I am not, so it doesn't.

thing is nobody was adressing you directly when they talked about the RA

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Danamyr said:
No, there is nothing wrong with my attitude - if you read my post again it is completely apparent that I am speaking from my own perspective.
No, it's not completely apparent, which is why I objected. I read your statement as more general than you perhaps intended it, but yes, I do understand your personal perspective as well.
Danamyr said:
Stop dictating to others how a class should be played, or what RAs they should have.
I'm not trying to convince you how to play your class--I am objecting against your general statement that VR is crap.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Milky, theu has a potentioal for dmg dealing even thou the class is all about interrupts. Same goes for sorc, even friar used to hit hard. But not shaman for instance.
But well i'll correct my previous statemant: alb group has from 3 to 5 dmg dealers in different situations. Still it's possible to replace 1 "non-dedicated" dmg dealer with 3rd spread healer. For example u could try to use reju/smite cleric for ae interrupts and heals instead of theu.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
Prozax rr10L1
Fly rr8L9
Freddina rr9L7
eww

Damn you for makin me click that...although i reckon you we're looking for
eww

only kiddin man. :p

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
u've no clue :p

DI doesn't heal its owner as well.
BG doesn't make any advantage to BGer.
Healing others is wasting time.

Lets all role smite cleric to be happy...

The paladin wear plate, can use large shield, spec slash or whatever. Yet we got shitty ws(it's a joke tbh), end regen ofc(woopidoo, the grp members run out of range if ur a BG). But our RA's are gimped, the only self heal we got now is the IP which is 50% 15 pts(only an idiot would spend 30 for 80% heal) and nothing else. It's as if GOA really haven't figured out what roll we should play, back up char or offensive tank. Either give us higher WS and LW spec or baseline heal but something has got to be done! BG is good yeah, but that's it. Might as well run bg merc, at least he can do damage.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Platin said:
The paladin wear plate, can use large shield, spec slash or whatever. Yet we got shitty ws(it's a joke tbh), end regen ofc(woopidoo, the grp members run out of range if ur a BG). But our RA's are gimped, the only self heal we got now is the IP which is 50% 15 pts(only an idiot would spend 30 for 80% heal) and nothing else. It's as if GOA really haven't figured out what roll we should play, back up char or offensive tank. Either give us higher WS and LW spec or baseline heal but something has got to be done! BG is good yeah, but that's it. Might as well run bg merc, at least he can do damage.

Mythic even

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Hardest - Mincer/bard if u are new at the class.

Medi - Bard if know how to do it.

Easy - Tanks(grouped) Archers(solo)

Marc

FH is my second home
Platin said:

the removal of double speccing for albs being discussed by mythic. Last time it was asked for, mythic gave a flat out no. At least now its being discussed, so fingers crossed

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
Skill in this game is just a delusion people create to make themselves feel talented.[/QUOTE]
agree to some point :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom