When are Skalds being nerfed?

K

Karam_gruul

Ok Skalds need nerfing... SO badly its almost painful. today i had a fight with a skald, hunter and runemaster (i think), with 2 other lvl 50 albs, all these mids were lvl 50.

this skald....... oh dear god, its silly.. ok so first of all he does 3 shouts doing 130-170 dmg each, then he hits me with his 2H axe for 370 dmg, i hit HIM for 270.... wait wait wait wait wait, wait, hang on, wowww, wait, who's the armsman here ?

so basically, skalds are armsmen, with more hp, more str, shouts, mez, stun, and speed ?

BRING ON THE NEEEEEEEEEEERF

what were Mythic THINKING when they made the skald lol. its rediculous, absolutly stupid, they are SO over powered its just mind boggling how Mythic over looked them when taming down the classes.

nerf nerf nerf.

O

old.Ryzar

lmao rofl omg :m00:

plz whine more child
3 shouts? rofl you dont know the facts so shut up

> so basically, skalds are armsmen, with more hp, more str,
> shouts, mez, stun, and speed ?

wheres the plate? wheres the polearm?
wheres more hP? 1.1k unbuffed compared to mhhh 1.4-1.5k?
more str? lol? yeh the troll but maybe youve noticed the 35 quickness lol

spast
:sleeping:

every thrust polearmsman ownz skald bigtime so stfu slash noob

K

K0nah

Dont think I've ever lost one on one to a skald.. They stun me a bit then when i get to do my thing, wipe half thier life off in about 8secs and they stun and run :p

O

old.Leel

Well, since skalds rely on one hit kills with their weapon in addition to their shouts, they tend to go find the biggest, slowest 2-h weapon available. This makes for huge damage, but at the cost of a long wait until the next time he's able to swing his weapon. Skald has TWO dd shouts, one single mez shout, one snare shout, and he has run song, damage song and hp regen song.
Oh, and in the latest patch, they got resistance songs as well.
Skald hp is rather low, midgard healers have more hp unbuffed than skalds.

K

Karam_gruul

lol hush, your lvl 35 im afraid you cant comment :(

Originally posted by old.Ryzar
lmao rofl omg :m00:

plz whine more child
3 shouts? rofl you dont know the facts so shut up

> so basically, skalds are armsmen, with more hp, more str,
> shouts, mez, stun, and speed ?

wheres the plate? wheres the polearm?
wheres more hP? 1.1k unbuffed compared to mhhh 1.4-1.5k?
more str? lol? yeh the troll but maybe youve noticed the 35 quickness lol

spast
:sleeping:

every thrust polearmsman ownz skald bigtime so stfu slash noob

O

old.Scooby

You seem to be forgetting that you have healing, buffing thanes in the cleric, a stealthing skald in the minstrel and plate. please stop whining.

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Scooby
You seem to be forgetting that you have healing, buffing thanes in the cleric, a stealthing skald in the minstrel and plate. please stop whining.
that post made 'no' sense.

but anyway, umm people seem to over estimate how good plate armour is... it doesnt make a difference lol. you fight an armsman wearing chain or plate, you wouldnt notice a difference.

skalds ARE being nerfed, which is an obvious sign that mythic have realised they are over powered. very very over powered.

and how would a thrust armsman beat one? thrust does alot less damage, fact. i'd be surprised to see a thrust polearm armsman hit a skald for the same dmg as a slash polearm using armsman. okay they have a small bonus, say 50 dmg or something, but thats not going to make a jot of difference seeing as they're main damage is far lower.

so to sum it up, i could run up to a skald, hit him for 300 -70 dmg, a thrust armsman could run up hit for 290 +70 dmg. bonus/penalties dont make a diff ;)

oh and anyway, even if this thrust armsman was hitting for over 300 dmg per hit, lets not forget the skald will be hitting for 370 dmg per hit, has mez, stuns and shouts.

nuff said.

O

old.Scooby

How did it make no sense? Why did you put no in inverted commas? Why are you being such an attention seeking little child by starting flame posts? You sir, are a dumbass.

L

lill-

OMG!! me lvl 35?!?!? thats what i call a NERF!

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Scooby

okay,

1) you seem to be forgetting that you have healing, buffing thanes in the cleric.

how? the only similarity is... urr.... ... ur.. do thanes wear chain?

2) a stealthing skald in the minstrel and plate

wha?????????????

nuff said

O

old.Ryzar

lol tin can

you think the skald is my main char?

come go and whine whine whine beeyatch no-skilled alb gimp =P
AND WTF WHERE IS OUR STUN SHOUT? I WANT IT NOW

ROFL

nerf armsmen now ! theyre so uber blubb blah... freaks like you kill the game got killed and cry for nerf bruha?

megaspast

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Rei Ayanami

Seems some armsman here speced wrong :cool:

O

old.Ryzar

as always...

my halberd looks sooo cool... damn why im hittin for 100 hes hittin back for 200?

rofl the first one that respeccs at once is that freak karam the gimp ... blubb blah

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Ryzar
as always...

my halberd looks sooo cool... damn why im hittin for 100 hes hittin back for 200?

rofl the first one that respeccs at once is that freak karam the gimp ... blubb blah

<tries to calm down Ryzar>

breath... okay thats it.... take slow, deep breaths... thats it... good... its okay, we were all lvl 35 at some point....

umm i couldnt be any less gimped if i tried... tbh. the only way i could be gimped is if i was to respec ;)

S

starblade

Wouldnt say a skald is uber, even if they do wack my plated butt to pieces. They are strong indeed (played with my friends 50 Skald to get the idea) but overpowered ... dont think so. Seen him go down against others so its more a matter of how you play it, first hit and as always a bit of luck.

I can meet almost every class in the game at RvR and lose :p but does that make me feel gimped ... not really, does it make me go yell to nerf all ... nope. I'm a 2 handed pally ; charging means death, not charging means death too but I still have fun out there. I have my role as a defender and a rezzer getting almost zip rp's but never mind that. Feel usefull in my role andif I go down, I accept they were better and/or stronger or that I made a mistake.

Btw, I dont think you can say that some class if over or underpowered unless you really played it and have experienced the feel of it.

Now stop fighting or there will be no pudding this evening, grown-ups or not :rolleyes:

O

old.Bee Man

Skald don't have stunn
Skald must think twice and be very carefuly (better fullbuffed) when atak Armsman or Hero...
anyway - all topic about NERF some one - crap, coz rullz not skill's - rulles smart ppl.

E

eös

Originally posted by K0nah
Dont think I've ever lost one on one to a skald.. They stun me a bit then when i get to do my thing, wipe half thier life off in about 8secs and they stun and run :p
thats funny i seem to recall killing you one on one a few times, last time you got close i think but i snared you, got some distance and dd'd you to death as you tried to run :clap:

O

old.Hienrich

Im a 2hand paladin(50 2hand 44slash)gimped maybe, but i have to say i have soled both deathwish and madeline(not at the sametime and deathwish was b4 patch aswell :), and i have screenshots of me killing them to, but i do think skalds are a bit over powered, but later on everyone becomes equal(except us poor old pallys :(

I

Israfael

I would throw my 2p in on this, but whenever I meet a skald, it's normally red con and has buddies :p I've never been able to have a go at a skald one on one...

Mind you, come to think about it, it's not often I have a one on one chance.

Anyone level 40 and wishing to try their hand at killing a minstrel? :p

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Karam_gruul

this skald....... oh dear god, its silly.. ok so first of all he does 3 shouts doing 130-170 dmg each
Skalds have only 2 shouts

so basically, skalds are armsmen, with more hp, more str, shouts, mez, stun, and speed ?

They dont have more hp, they dont have more str and they dont have stun. Also worse armor.

skalds ARE being nerfed, which is an obvious sign that mythic have realised they are over powered. very very over powered.

Where? Havent seen anything about nerfing skalds.

and how would a thrust armsman beat one? thrust does alot less damage, fact. i'd be surprised to see a thrust polearm armsman hit a skald for the same dmg as a slash polearm using armsman. okay they have a small bonus, say 50 dmg or something, but thats not going to make a jot of difference seeing as they're main damage is far lower.
This only proves you dont know jack shit about the game :/

oh and anyway, even if this thrust armsman was hitting for over 300 dmg per hit, lets not forget the skald will be hitting for 370 dmg per hit, has mez, stuns and shouts.

nuff said.
Might have been a lucky crit, and skald still doesnt have a stun.

umm i couldnt be any less gimped if i tried... tbh. the only way i could be gimped is if i was to respec ;)
Slash *IS* crap in RvR, if you disagree this only again proves how little you know.

O

old.mili

They are over powerd because they kill you? STFU eh, why dont we go nerf some mobs because they kill us, hell why dont we just nerf the dragons so they can be soloed by a lvl 3?

Skalds need dmg shouts, if they didnt they would just be fucked beyond belief, i dont hear you complaining when you get hit for more than that of a skald by a caster. Do you want spell dmg reduced now? Because i dont think you realise that casters NEED spells to kill people, like you dont realise a Skald needs chants/shouts to kill people aswell.

I

Israfael

Christ, don't you people realise he's just winding you up? For gods sake...

O

old.m0000

look @ sig
k thx

a tank with shouts and insta-mez - which dev was on pot?

O

old.Arya

Uber polearms Tank whines that Skalds are too tough ? :p

/sarcasm off

N

Novamir

Wow Karam, your inexperience of RvR shows once again in this latest post. Let me teach you a thing or two.

so first of all he does 3 shouts doing 130-170 dmg each,

2 shouts, as has already been said. Skald DDs aren't nearly as painful on me as i have 26% body resist, i suggest you improve yours also.

then he hits me with his 2H axe for 370 dmg, i hit HIM for 270....

the highest level 2H axe in midgard is a 16.x with 100% qual. The axe styles also kick ass, with a high level frontal style which the axe user can mostly get off. you hit for 270? well maybe you didn't have baseline STR buff, or maybe he has cap slash resist , incidentally like I do.

skalds have 200-300 less HP. if you are highlander and they are norse they have same STR, if they are dwarf they have less STR, and if they are troll, well, pain. trolls combination of lowest QUI of any class, and highest STR of any class makes them harder hitting than any armsman.

skald have 1 30 sec mez, instant. they have no stun, and yes they have speed and dmg add shouts, insta changeable. a skald is an EXTREMELY good rvr class, and i'd willingly trade moose and 300 HP for 2x DD, speed, dmg add and insta mez/snare.

the trick to beating a skald 1v1 si, don't use styles, or hit like a pansy, until they have used their insta mez, then whip out the slam and spear ass, by the time stun wears off they have 10% or less HP and snare wont do shit =]

C

Cerverloc

Well, ill have a go in this flame too. First of all slash doesn't suck in overal performance but it does kinda suck against Skalds. Lets not forget that not all classes wear chain so slash does have + on other chars. Second of all I hear people mention plate as an advantage, its not. In fact as stated already its totally useless. Its kinda like chain but only with a different weakness. Crush instead of Thrust. The extra absorb factor is not noticable in RvR so please stop calling plate an advantage coz its been messed up by Mythic completely.

Anyway i would probably own a skald if it wasn't for the fact that they hardly ever come alone. Im biting dust before I even had a chance to smell the air coz a train of middie scum has just passed over me. Ofcource I don't see this as unfair as we have minstrels. But now let me educate you about minstrels in general. They are egotrippers (like all rogue classes). They get far more rps soloing in RvR then grouping. So basicly the most important element in a group is out there soloing instead of grouping. If they had made the minstrel a tank type char he would be grouping.

My Conclusion: the balance between realms is incorrect and should be fixed. How difficult it is just shows by Mythics drastic gimping of chars instead of improving balance. Midgard has better balanced rvr char coz the most popular playclasses have all the tools to win in RvR while the most popular ones in Albion hasn't. Nearsight for instance. Emain will be having purple grass before you will ever witness a albion cast nearsight. We need cabalists for that and they are more rare then frenzy shields in Llyn Barfog.

I can go on and on about the gaps in RvR but the truth is that Mythic knows this all and they got strike teams working on altering RvR. We will see a lot of changes in the coming month both good and bad. Don't judge to soon because every patch will change things.

Now enough of this yes - no you suck im uber discussion and go load up your Daoc client.

O

old.Gobarnachta

nerf those fookers! :p

I've been so owned so many times by a skald that it makes my nerves blow. Well they are too good class with maximum speed but what the heck so are minstrels and I wouldn't be surprised if I hear someday that middies have only skalds and stealthers playing and same goes to albs without skalds ofcourse.

Goddamn instas and stealth are too uber and that's final.
Now I'll go lvl up my own ranger ;)

-G

K

K0nah

Originally posted by eös

thats funny i seem to recall killing you one on one a few times, last time you got close i think but i snared you, got some distance and dd'd you to death as you tried to run :clap:

Youve never killed me one on one - ever. Your welcome to try tho, anytime ;)

The last one on one we had u ran off and got some mates to help u finish the job cos i was kicking ur arse.

Users who are viewing this thread