Dragon fang nerfed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tilda

Carlsberg don't do forums, but if they did every thread would start like this

Ripped from Pryd forums, thanks to 1st poster there.

P

Pin

Originally posted by minime_
www.hashkage.dk/wtfdfpwnage.avi

Why does it need a nerf? Its such a balanced style, balanced in intelligence needed to use it atleast.

So, you open with Backstab 1, which has a 2second stun making your later Frosty Gaze stun useless and does less damage than snowsquall anyway.

Then he purges your debuff and lands debuff on you.

And you expect to win if you don't purge your stun and poison?

You had Purge up, just looks like you tried to lose the fight imo.

M

minime_

I had 80% after df, never lost that much health, if i open with BS i get atleast 2 non debuffed hits in, which is nice. But because i actually land a frosty in that fight it would have been better not to use BS yes. But point is to show how balanced df is....

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Pin
So, you open with Backstab 1, which has a 2second stun making your later Frosty Gaze stun useless and does less damage than snowsquall anyway.

Then he purges your debuff and lands debuff on you.

And you expect to win if you don't purge your stun and poison?

You had Purge up, just looks like you tried to lose the fight imo.
I havent seen the vid, and he may play like a 5-year old with cerebral paralzysis, BUT the fact still remains, df is VERY overpowered in stealthwars.

S

Stallion-

small resume. infil @ 10% hp, sb @ 80% hp
infil gets DF in & wins.

P

Pin

I completely agree that DF is unfair and not balanced.

But when you came out of stun you were at ~25%, he was at ~20%, you were still debuffed, he wasn't. It finished with him winning on 5%.

All I am saying is that you would have won that fight if you didn't open with BS1 (10CS for BS2! ;)). You would have won it if you had purged. You would have won it if he hadn't purged, or you had reapplied debuff.

He used his 30 minute RA, and your mistakes to beat you. WIthout any one of those the fight would have been yours.

M

minime_

Which is not the issue here :D i could have played better no doubt, but you cant look forward in time during a battle, the video clearly shows what i want it to.

And he was saved by the DoT, unless he would have evaded ofc, but the dot killed me just before im about to swing.

V

vintervargen

Pin, stay away from the whine threads! :p

P

Pin

Which is not the issue here :D i could have played better no doubt, but you cant look forward in time during a battle, the video clearly shows what i want it to.

And he was saved by the DoT, unless he would have evaded ofc, but the dot killed me just before im about to swing.

Well, my advice is to make a video of you losing a fight due to DF which doesn't have any mistakes by yourself in, and doesn't have him burning a 30 Minute RA ;)

Dragonfang wouldn't have been the 1buttonfortehwinnnn in that case if you'd played differently.

And no, you can't look ahead in time. But I'd never have opened with a 2sec stun and ruin my chance of longer one later. You can react to him using purge and then re-debuff him to not take the damage. You can react to a non-debuffed RR9 Inf stunning you and having debuff on you and press purge (you know it's going to hurt).

Anyways, off to play a bit :p

M

minime_

I dont expect a thrust infil to understand what debuff does to a sb, and how it is not to have stun directly of evade :D

A

acei

Mids complain about infil's yet they have savages and healers =/... mid stealthers might suck, but savages+healers = overpowered and i very much doubt 1.65 will nerf savages enough to make them balanced.

M

minime_

Originally posted by acei
Mids complain about infil's yet they have savages and healers =/... mid stealthers might suck, but savages+healers = overpowered and i very much doubt 1.65 will nerf savages enough to make them balanced.

Alb sucks in non stealther groups, but have the best stealther classes.

Midgard = melee
Hibernia = magic
Albion = stealther

F

-frostor-

funny thing is , sb's almost never whined when they weren't fixed

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by -frostor-
funny thing is , sb's almost never whined when they weren't fixed

what he said :) i think its cos these days sb's dont win 75%+ of the fights lkike they used to b4 they were balanced :)

its buffs thats fucked up stealth wars not df or la :) nerf buffbots and stealth wars for EVERYBODY will be more balanced and more fun :)

id be interested to see UNbuffed sb's vs Unbuffed infils and see the outcome then . but that never happens cos always one or the other is buffed :( , but id be willing to bet that the fights would be on a more 50/50 win ratio either way even if the inf does land df.

M

minime_

Originally posted by -yoda-
what he said :) i think its cos these days sb's dont win 75%+ of the fights lkike they used to b4 they were balanced :)

its buffs thats fucked up stealth wars not df or la :) nerf buffbots and stealth wars for EVERYBODY will be more balanced and more fun :)

id be interested to see UNbuffed sb's vs Unbuffed infils and see the outcome then . but that never happens cos always one or the other is buffed :( , but id be willing to bet that the fights would be on a more 50/50 win ratio either way even if the inf does land df.

Not to brag, but i still win 60%+ of my solo fights.

F

froler-mid

Not to brag, but i still win 60%+ of my solo fights.

stop teh fyggin wajn bout dragonfang then? ;d

(call it balance...?:m00: )

D

december_rain

Originally posted by -yoda-

no way, DF is way 2 owerpowered for a stealther without IP.
If a infil land a DF on me, i have like no chanse of comming
back in that fight if purge is down, maybe with IP a dragonfanged
person could come back and win. buufs doesnt change this, would be thesam w/o boofs.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by december_rain
no way, DF is way 2 owerpowered for a stealther without IP.
If a infil land a DF on me, i have like no chanse of comming
back in that fight if purge is down, maybe with IP a dragonfanged
person could come back and win. buufs doesnt change this, would be thesam w/o boofs.

you get in DB and the infil have no chance of getting 'back', right?

liddul NS's have no right too whine bout DF imo ;ddd

M

minime_

Originally posted by froler-mid

So what your are saying is that sb's have a reason?

F

froler-mid

So what your are saying is that sb's have a reason?

ye, always said sb's need a thrust line with stun.

D

december_rain

Our stun is like 3-4 sec TOPS, thats quite a big difference between 9 sec and 3-4 secs right ? and what if the Infil lands
his DF after i got my db in ? Infil win

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by december_rain
Our stun is like 3-4 sec TOPS, thats quite a big difference between 9 sec and 3-4 secs right ? and what if the Infil lands
his DF after i got my db in ? Infil win

its 5sec. that's 2 Hamstring + 1 leaper, enuff "time/dmg" too win/turn a fight.

D

december_rain

its 5sec. that's 2 Hamstring + 1 leaper, enuff "time/dmg" too win/turn a fight.

belive me, it aint 5 sec, and im still dead if the infl land a DF after
it.

V

vintervargen

db

hamstring

hamstring

leaper

say you hit with 1.5 sec delay, that is max 4.5 secs. and i know i hit faster, so prolly more like 3.5-4 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread