Waterballoons in space

Cawr

Fledgling Freddie
"Did you ever wonder what it would be like to pop a water balloon in space?"

I can honestly say, no :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
would be interesting how you found the site too :) i doubt "water balloons in space" is the most common googled item :)

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
1. Go into space.
2. Pop water balloon.
3. Cause the death of everyone aboard by electrical discharge.
4. Think about what you've done. For eternity.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I honestly can't remember how I ended up on that site :)

NASA sure does make good use of the taxpayers efforts ;)

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
This one of my favourite NASA photos which was composite of hundreds of pictures made by the orbiting DMSP satellites.

Earth at Night

I agree though Lumikki, nice way for NASA to spend tax payers money to burst wallon ballons in low gravity.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You're all just jealous because you will never get the chance to pop a waterballoon. :p

I would love to have been in their project proposal meeting though!

"Urr...we want to spend £1,000,000 to take a plane up into low orbit and see what happens when we pop waterballoons in zero-g. It will really help...er, advance humanity and science!"

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
You're all just jealous because you will never get the chance to pop a waterballoon. :p

I would love to have been in their project proposal meeting though!

"Urr...we want to spend £1,000,000 to take a plane up into low orbit and see what happens when we pop waterballoons in zero-g. It will really help...er, advance humanity and science!"
they needed £1,000,000 to research the effects of a catastrophioc destruction of a flexible rubber container under tention at low G forces.
where by the tension is created by inserting a volume of clear liquid that is larger then the containers unstressed volume into the container.

see sounds alot better then popping baloons at 0g

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
That's the thing I hate about science; it is made overly complicated to make it sound all big and important.

e.g. "I want to squish a mutant freak snail and inject it's pulped remains into its brothers and sisters to see if they become mutant freaks as well."

Sounds pretty straight forward, right?

"It became necessary to conduct a snail haemolymph transfer experiment in order to test for the presence of a growth factor in the circulatory fluid of the rapid growth snails, B. glabrata...blah blah blah"

The more complicated, scienced up version I had to use.

The hardest part about science is trying to figure out what the other buggers are talking about in their research papers. :/

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
NASA sure does make good use of the taxpayers efforts ;)
I'd rather NASA pop water balloons than what the rest of my tax money is currently going for.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
I'd rather NASA pop water balloons than what the rest of my tax money is currently going for.

Making Bush look less like a monkey each day?

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
No chance in hell that would ever be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom