Music War of the Worlds...

russell

FH is my second home
So good.

Finally watched the ' live' version tonight with my mum and we both shed a tear. Does anyone else on here have an opinion on it?

I think it is awesome and really clever for its time.. no matter what type of music you are into generally... if you have a soul-surely this must hit the spot? (even you Old Tt)

Opinions pls fellow freddies...

*waits for the flaming to commence*

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Everyone hear knows my thoughts on an all-time great piece of music by Jeff Wayne. Absolutely LOVE it.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Did you actually watch it live, as in person?, or the live dvd?

Great show, unfortunately missed it when they toured Manchester at christmas.

Kryten

Old Cow.
The best experience I had of this was when I was ill (broken leg) as a young lad of around 6-7 years old. The folks went shopping in Ikea, and whilst they did I elected to stay in the car with a colouring book. My old man left his War of the Worlds tape in the player, so I started listening.
It frit the bejesus out of me!
Even to this day I've got the original film & soundtrack on a DVD somewhere that I found for a quid :)

russell

FH is my second home
The best experience I had of this was when I was ill (broken leg) as a young lad of around 6-7 years old. The folks went shopping in Ikea, and whilst they did I elected to stay in the car with a colouring book. My old man left his War of the Worlds tape in the player, so I started listening.
It frit the bejesus out of me!
Even to this day I've got the original film & soundtrack on a DVD somewhere that I found for a quid :)

lol Kryt!

Yes -kid thing for me too. Used to listen to it with my Dad and I didn't really see him much. Totally forgot about it till a fateful freddyfm friday reminded me.

Where is baby Kryt? Must be nearly ready to come out now?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finally watched the ' live' version tonight with my mum and we both shed a tear.

I shed a tear, though not for the same reason.

Love the album though. Awesome! :)

BTW - did you know that when Orson Wells did a War of the Worlds live radio show in the states a fuckload of Yanks thought it was real and promptly committed suicide. Way to go Mr Wells! :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
Orson Wells, the master of culling the stupid and gullible.
If they can remove the safety tags off everything, remove "CAUTION, CONTENTS MAY BE HOT" off all coffee cups in cafe's and do something like Orson did that many years ago, the worlds IQ would double.

Mini-Kryt is due at the end of this month - so 3.5 weeks and counting :) - that of course means it could actually arrive any time between now and the 2nd September, by which time it'd be induced. We know it's close as it's arse is now at the top and the head is in a "take a shit and im'a comin!" position. Getting excited!

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I love it, i have the whole thing on my PC and often listen to it while gaming.

Thunderchild and Forever Autumn are songs i still sing out loud :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
My first cat is named Ula after the noise the aliens make. :)

UUUUUUULLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I invested in the 7 Disc Collectors edition some time ago. The documentary on the making of the album is worth the price alone.

jeff-wayne-the-war-of-the-worlds-7-disc.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I invested in the 7 Disc Collectors edition some time ago. The documentary on the making of the album is worth the price alone.

jeff-wayne-the-war-of-the-worlds-7-disc.jpg

Got that too along with a vinyl release, 2 cd's, the SACD release and the live show :)

Love it.

russell

FH is my second home
Got that too along with a vinyl release, 2 cd's, the SACD release and the live show :)

Love it.

... and now a tasty B&W authentic WotW's mug for all your friends to admire (to add to the other 25 you prob already have). Ah well its the thought that counts.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
So good.

Finally watched the ' live' version tonight with my mum and we both shed a tear. Does anyone else on here have an opinion on it?

I think it is awesome and really clever for its time.. no matter what type of music you are into generally... if you have a soul-surely this must hit the spot? (even you Old Tt)

Opinions pls fellow freddies...

*waits for the flaming to commence*

how odd.

yesterday i was humming the music to "the chances of aliens coming from mars, is a million to one they say (..)". and today i found my cd copy of the musical version.
ive been blasting it from my chav-mobile this morning.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh my god!!

Myself and Russell will be off to a venue next June to watch the live tour of War of The Worlds!

Am so excited. A dream come true for me. Seats are right in front of the stage as well :)

Is it June 2009 yet?

russell

FH is my second home
ffs ...its aaaaaaages away. 9 months. Like a whole pregnancy. Cant wait that long.

russell

FH is my second home
Good idea. Ill just pop another one out and hide it under the seat in front of us.

It wont be any bother. It will be soothed by the sound of Richard Burton

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Good idea. Ill just pop another one out and hide it under the seat in front of us.

It wont be any bother. It will be soothed by the sound of Richard Burton

As soothing as his voice is, the animated Burton face is somewhat freakish, great show tho :D

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have always loved it but why do I think of Justin Hayward as doing the voice?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Justin Hayward singing Forever Autumn is one of the most haunting tunes I have ever heard. My eldest sister bought this way back when... I have vivid childhood memories of this tune and life at that time... so pretty, so innocent, so carefree.. how times change...

russell

FH is my second home
As soothing as his voice is, the animated Burton face is somewhat freakish, great show tho :D

What did you think of it? Best bits.... anything disapoint you?

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
What did you think of it? Best bits.... anything disapoint you?

Loved every minute tbh, it was great that Justin Hayward was part of the cast (there's a new lineup for 2009 but i'm assuming he'll be part of it again)

It was an excellent remake of the original and with the added bonus of performers/visuals :)

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

To help pass the nine months Kerb Games - Play - The War of The Worlds

russell

FH is my second home
I believe that Justin will be there on this tour too.
Any other Freddy's going?

sayward

Resident Freddy
No but seeing Moody Blues next week and am assuming Justin is still with them!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Haven't told Mr.Sayward we have tickets, in case he has the same reaction he had to the Moody Blues, cept he saw the credit card bill. So he knows I've bought something from Ticket master.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh my god, not long to go.

I think it is June but me and Russell will be watching the show live. This is truly a dream come true for me. I have every release of this album ever released.

I do believe it is June and Brighton, anyone recommend any good clubs to visit after teh concert?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I dunno what it is, but I'm still terrified of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

My dad played it constantly when I was a child, and Horsell Common and The Heat Ray just totally freaked me right out. That scratchy palm-muted bass guitar, I can't explain it.

I still can't listen to it to this day. I tried to listen to it on Youtube, and I couldn't sleep after it.

Am I gay? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom