Fact Toht's circular-arguing pointless religion thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was looking forward to reading the string-theory thread - it's an area I'm particularly weak in (I never really thought the scientific community had got behind it in seriously sufficient numbers for it to take off so read about other stuff instead).

I saw the title and thought I'd let it build up a head of steam before reading.

Of course, I was unsurprised to find this shite ruining another science thread:

Load of trolling cunting anti-science semi-ignorant wank - posted because of a hatred of science and an inability to bear the sight of other people bettering themselves mentally in a thread discussing science on-topic without attempting to derail it.

So here you go Toht. Tell all of us interested people why science is "theory" and no way better than untestable religion (including what it has delivered to us, standards of evidence, testable hypothesese, cultural and intellectual advances, etc.) - and you don't have to hijack every science thread to get your point across eh?! :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I was looking forward to reading the string-theory thread - it's an area I'm particularly weak in (I never really thought the scientific community had got behind it in seriously sufficient numbers for it to take off so read about other stuff instead).

I saw the title and thought I'd let it build up a head of steam before reading.

Of course, I was unsurprised to find this shite ruining another science thread:

So here you go Toht. Tell all of us interested people why science is "theory" and no way better than untestable religion (including what it has delivered to us, standards of evidence, testable hypothesese, cultural and intellectual advances, etc.) - and you don't have to hijack every science thread to get your point across eh?! :)

We need something similar for your arguments as well I think!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tell all of us interested people why science is "theory" and no way better than untestable religion

There's theoretical science, but not all science is theory and religion isn't better then science, it's a different thing altogether.

Your definition of what was discussed is rather odd as i neither hate science, or hold any anti stance against it.

You know what you can do though? Ignore what me and Krazeh posted and discuss it freely, no one is stopping you, just open thread and click on "post reply".

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Toht gets his own thread? - that fucking sucks, I want my own thread :<

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You can have this one, it was made by Scouse so i think it's not really sanitary.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know what you can do though? Ignore what me and Krazeh posted and discuss it freely, no one is stopping you, just open thread and click on "post reply".

In a thread on String Theory, entitled "String Theory" you, as your major contribution, brought up god and ensured, deliberately, that you derailed it.

You're a trolling twat. I was going to post that in-thread but people would have to read through 4 pages of circular and oft-repeated shite to get to it.

Does being a troll bring so much meaning to your life that you can hardly help yourself?

Please Toht. Can you just stay the fuck out of some conversations?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't believe this is possible, but you've actually trolled yourself into an angry rant :eek7:

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
All I'm gonna say - is we would be here today if it weren't for religion!

I'm not saying we still need it, I'm saying we wouldn't have got here without it!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As usual though, you are the catalyst. :)

If you can't handle threads sometimes going OT, you probably shouldn't be posting here ;)

(You here means a general you, not you per say).

The problem with Scouse is that he takes everyone and everything who doesn't agree with his view as anti-X. Like saying i'm anti-science when i question the string theory as poppycock :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, not really even poppycock, just equal unseen poppycock to god(or there loose definition of).

(edit timer)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
ST is just that - theoretical. No one knows what happens at the Planck level. 11 dimensions? infinite membranes? multiverses? small bacon monsters sitting on toadstools weaving the fabric of spacetime? We just don't know. Hell, even at the subatomic quantum mechanical scale, we might be able to prove that certain things happen, but we don't know how. Its not obligatory to like string theory.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am having bacon for dinner. It's nearly ready. I can smell it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you can't handle threads sometimes going OT, you probably shouldn't be posting here ;)

(You here means a general you, not you per say).

The problem with Scouse is that he takes everyone and everything who doesn't agree with his view as anti-X. Like saying i'm anti-science when i question the string theory as poppycock :p

Sod off Toht.

Threads don't sometimes go off-topic when you're about. It's your raison d'etre. You find a thread and you derail it.

You haven't questioned string theory as poppycock - you brought up god to derail the thread. You're trolling. Pure and simple.

I've not posted in that thread because when you entered the thread it instantly became worthless.

You're not enriching our lives with the repetitive god-twaddle in every single science related thread - you're making them less interesting.

So keep the fuck out of them and start your own "I worship blonde beards and men with hammers" thread if you feel the need to have a circular conversation at the same time, eh?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was fantastic. Brown bread with a little ketchup.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont think science is more fact than religion either. I mean, side effects can no be effectively proven on anything. Only thing to rely on when it comes to science is the probability that something will work.

There is no proof that painkillers will cure your pain, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it can
There is no proof that an airbag would save your life in a car crash, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it can
There is no proof that smoking causes cancer, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it does
There is no proof that greenhouse gasses are causing global warming, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it does

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sod off Toht.

Threads don't sometimes go off-topic when you're about. It's your raison d'etre. You find a thread and you derail it.

You haven't questioned string theory as poppycock - you brought up god to derail the thread. You're trolling. Pure and simple.

That was what i used to do, yes. Haven't done that in a while though, this time i simply posted an opinion on string theory(as per topic), with no anti-science message, or pro-religion, any religion even, and you made a way too big a mountain out of it because you snap like a twig when you see the word god.

Don't blame me for your problems ;)

FYI; i don't worship anyone.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I dont think science is more fact than religion either. I mean, side effects can no be effectively proven on anything. Only thing to rely on when it comes to science is the probability that something will work.

There is no proof that painkillers will cure your pain, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it can
There is no proof that an airbag would save your life in a car crash, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it can
There is no proof that smoking causes cancer, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it does
There is no proof that greenhouse gasses are causing global warming, but according to test and analysis there's a probability it does

Well, I don't think this is right either.

There is proof that painkillers lessen your pain(Personal experience)
There is proof that airbags have saved lifes
There is proof that smoking have caused lungcancer(Also personal experience from family).

Even tho this does not apply for everyone, it does not mean it aint proven. Seeing that there are daily experiences that proves otherwise!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!

While I do think that Toht is a troll (in the fullest, most lovable sense of the word) I do believe he does it to encourage debate and keep the forums lively. I don't often agree with him, but I do think that if Toht didn't exist, FH would have to invent him :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
While I do think that Toht is a troll (in the fullest, most lovable sense of the word) I do believe he does it to encourage debate and keep the forums lively. I don't often agree with him, but I do think that if Toht didn't exist, FH would have to invent him :)

BAww...that's almost sweet :D

I'm not that much of a troll anymore though, but sometimes i do hold views that are a bit "odd". Then again we do have to take culture into consideration as the UK and Finland have VERY different ways of looking at things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You don't do it with as much vitriol as you used to but you are still a big fat troll. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You don't do it with as much vitriol as you used to but you are still a big fat troll. :)

Nah, that would mean that i'm doing it for a reaction. I don't do it for anything else then expressing an opinion. Ofcourse it can cause reactiosn, but that's not the purpose of it and if someone would be awfully offended by it, i would apologise(even though i only apologise if i've done things on purpose and if i didn't HAVE to do it). Soemtimes i do poke at people, like for example poking at someone who likes the wire, but that should be clear eough as a friendly banter :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Nah, that would mean that i'm doing it for a reaction. I don't do it for anything else then expressing an opinion. Ofcourse it can cause reactiosn, but that's not the purpose of it and if someone would be awfully offended by it, i would apologise(even though i only apologise if i've done things on purpose and if i didn't HAVE to do it). Soemtimes i do poke at people, like for example poking at someone who likes the wire, but that should be clear eough as a friendly banter :p

To be fair mate, it does seem like you take enjoyment from taking ludicrous, contrarian or otherwise indefensible positions or from bringing the modern 8th Wonder of the World that is "Toht-Logic" to a conversation! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom