Football 2022/2023 Season Football Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Marcus Alonso murdered someone but has happily played professional football for years.

He'll get dogs abuse from fans, but i'm sure he'll be back in United shirt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends really. Is he not a (attempted) rapist, in the same way Andrew is not a rapist? ie, money. Or did he get off because it was bollocks from the start?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Depends really. Is he not a (attempted) rapist, in the same way Andrew is not a rapist? ie, money. Or did he get off because it was bollocks from the start?
Probably money. But i'm not sure how relevant it is when in the eyes of the law he is now not guilty.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Probably money. But i'm not sure how relevant it is when in the eyes of the law he is now not guilty.

Cops are saying "new evidence", which sounds more like it was bollocks than a payoff.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Cops are saying "new evidence", which sounds more like it was bollocks than a payoff.
Could well be, however did you see any of the stuff that came out with the accusation? It didn't look good. Doesn't mean it wasn't possibly all made up though.

DaGaffer

Could well be, however did you see any of the stuff that came out with the accusation? It didn't look good. Doesn't mean it wasn't possibly all made up though.

Yes it looked terrible, and my cynical side thought "payoff" but it was that one phrase about new evidence coming to light that made me pause, because GMP didn't have to say it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I can see him quietly being sold abroad. It's probably the wrong sort of attention for UTD at the moment.

DaGaffer

I can see him quietly being sold abroad. It's probably the wrong sort of attention for UTD at the moment.

It's actually a tricky one for United; in the Ched Evans case a lot of high profile people who'd basically behaved like a lynch mob ended up looking pretty foolish when his conviction was quashed; in this case it didn't even go to trial, never mind conviction, so United will have to avoid any kind of unfair dismissal type behaviour. If he's smart, he'll want the move abroad anyway, but how often are footballers smart?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Also, the majority of United fans would be up in arms if they sold him on the cheap, and the Glazers can't really afford to be even more unpopular.

Note also Ten Haags ruthless streak, which could work in Greenwoods favour. Ronaldo out of the club, Maguire dropped - Fuck the noise, purely sporting decisions. United don't currently have a Centre Forward.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's the problem in these cases. "Key witnesses walked, and new evidence has emerged" now does that mean that the accuser has been got at? Changed their mind? Made it all up in the first place?

None of which are likely to be answered so guilty or not, this will hang over him.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

You'd think the most important condition to uphold would be preventing contact with the victim, multiple times. It seemed so regular that Greenwood's lawyer admitted it had happened but basically said GMP didn't object.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. I makes it seem like she was his girlfriend and he was hanging out with her.

I understand coercion and mental control were part of the charges - so the po-po *have* to stop that shit. Their bosses should be put under the kosh and investigated - maybe lose their place for failing to enforce standards - and the cops should be sacked for deriliction of duty.

However - if you accuse someone of rape to the authorities that's a very serious thing. I think it is encumbent on you to never, ever, let them in your house or go to their house, or a restaurant, or have contact with them - because it makes a mockery of what we percieve as being a victim and casts doubt on all cases. "Was she just mouthing off", "did she wake up and regret sex and decide she was raped" - that sort of shit makes it harder for genuine victims of rape to get justice.

IMO if you repeatedly see your "rapist" after he raped you, then you're admitting you weren't raped.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

You'd think the most important condition to uphold would be preventing contact with the victim, multiple times. It seemed so regular that Greenwood's lawyer admitted it had happened but basically said GMP didn't object.

The whole thing is just a bit grim. Lots of noise about the girls dad pushing her to get back with him etc.

Gray

FH is my second home
Unfuckingbelievable

10 minutes until a massively deserved win. Sounds like we've made arsenal completely average

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A McNeil corner headed in by Tarkowski, it doesn't get more Dyche than that. Thoroughly deserved win though, Everton were hard to break down earlier in the season but they even lost that over the last few months. Arsenal just could not get through.

Gray

FH is my second home
Liverpool are in massive trouble as well. It was a worry playing them but hell, we could be on to something

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool are in massive trouble as well.
I wonder if it's something really fundamental. You don't go from within two games of achieving everything in your dreams to failing at the last hurdle without picking up some emotional wounds.

I wonder if the players just can't fantasize any more. They came so close and it just fucked 'em all mentally. The only one out there today with any confidence was one of the kids.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So, are you "Jones out" yet @Aoami ? Maybe the fans would be more patient with him if he didn't seem like such an arrogant bellend.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Next season, hopefully, because they aren't winning it this year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You'd hope for every season that they've been lying about their spending and multi-year transfer ban. And a big old points deduction or demotion.

But they'll get a suspended sentence or something. Slap on the wrist.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They need to dole out proper punishment here, or FFP needs scrapping. This weird limbo we have it completely pointless and very annoying.

Gray

FH is my second home
Glad they waited until after Everton had hired Dyche.

Wonder if Bielsa is in line for a return, given he was so fondly remembered. Although i don't know how common it is to be fired and rehired in almost 12 months

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Glad they waited until after Everton had hired Dyche.

Wonder if Bielsa is in line for a return, given he was so fondly remembered. Although i don't know how common it is to be fired and rehired in almost 12 months

I doubt they'd try that - El Loco has legendary status, and some fans might want it (I wouldn't mind tbh) but the board want someone to be a bits less cavalier! I do think it's a bit sad with a long way to go this season and he's pretty much just got the group of players he really wanted (minus left back)....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't answer the question though did he.

He just went "You're making me angry" - and some other guy stopped the questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom