Toa? good bad or anything but a scam?

L

lurilove

Hello all,
Well here we go. Im looking forward to playing Toa. I wonder is it worth coming back to play?

Well i would like to hear your opinion..

thanks Odarallo.

F

Flimgoblin

we've not got it yet ... so probably better if you ask the yanks :)

F

Faeldawn

Some good stuff, but the general idea seems to be to get lvl 50's to start grinding again to get master lvls, everyone will need new armour, new SC (so more cash farming needed) due to the new items and resistance changes.

Lots more new zones seem a waste tbh, SI already introduced enough new pve zones to keep the server happy (half the zones are completely deserted nowadays due to dropping player numbers and a larger gaming area).

DAoC is getting old now, and the only outstanding thing it has going for it is rvr, die-hard players wanted a rvr expansion, they will get SI2 instead.

Last throw of the dice for mythic imo, but then again.....

...thats just my opinion.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Faeldawn
DAoC is getting old now, and the only outstanding thing it has going for it is rvr, die-hard players wanted a rvr expansion, they will get SI2 instead.

Indeed, but i'd lay even money down that as soon as the RvR expansion comes out every man and his dog will be ranting on about how Mythic have fucked it up yet again. Some people just can't seem to help but complain about everything :D

R

Rulke-RM

Originally posted by Faeldawn
die-hard players wanted a rvr expansion

Somehow I think all those stupidly overpowered artifacts and MLs will affect RvR just a teensy little bit :/

L

lurilove

Well,
Yes i do agree that camelot is getting a little old.

but the adiciton i have for the game is imense and i cant go without my fix..

i am still having a look around for a new online game..

i have come across one called FFXI online which looks cool...

the music and all is fecking cool..

Welll Odarallo out.

K

KoreanLover

I'll quit the game soon and return in a few years.. hopefully they have stopped changing the damn game, so i don't have to farm 50p every time i need new armor, weap, etc.

G

Grodol

FFXI is looking a good timewaster until World Of Warcraft comes out...tbh DAOC isnt getting anything new..TOA is just a big scam to make you spend more time PvE farming so u can compete in RvR..theyre doing what UO did with Age of Shadows..adding new weapons and armor that unless you have it with xxx amount of adds you wont be able to compete.. tbh it sucks..i dont particulatly want a new land expansion..SI isnt used that much as it is unless its an Epic dungeon raid.. i really dont think theyve thought this through..seems more like a WOW look at that sort of expansion to get new people into the game..but it will fail..

C

cha0tic

Originally posted by Grodol
FFXI is looking a good timewaster until World Of Warcraft comes out...

lol r u crazy man? FFXI rulz, not that shit of WoW

S

sagara

Originally posted by Grodol
FFXI is looking a good timewaster until World Of Warcraft comes out...
Originally posted by cha0tic
lol r u crazy man? FFXI rulz, not that shit of WoW
no pvp in FFXI so far, as I know, who fun is it then? like Horizons...

C

chimaira

hope it takes its time. cause when ToA gets here im out. redoing everything. stats on items thats not even was on hacked items in other games rofl.

imagine a standard SI player meeting a kickz0r azz ToA gamer with all those sick items.

its kthx and byee.

signing out when ToA is signin on

S

Sharma

Originally posted by sagara
no pvp in FFXI so far, as I know, who fun is it then? like Horizons...

You think you need to have PvP for a good game?

You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot expect every game to be a replica of DAoC.

E

ethiraseth

Originally posted by Sharma
You think you need to have PvP for a good game?

You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot expect every game to be a replica of DAoC.

why go through all the trouble of getting all those l33t items if you cant kill other players with it? its not like its really cool to say you can kill more mobs then someone else because you have the glowie uberweapon of browniesmashing.

And why play if all you can do is kill mobs? If i want to do that i'll go and play super mario :p

oh, ToA == scam, just another way of mythic to make more cash.

C

CBH_Popov

Seems to be a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" to me.

If they released nothing new except the usual bug fixes, "ballances" and a few new quests like they normally do then people would be moaning at them for not adding new content.

Because they bring something out with new content and have the cheek to charge for it they are suddenly rip off merchants. :rolleyes:

OK they could release this type of thing for free and just make it downloadable but somehow I doubt the company exists purely for our gaming pleasure. At least it enables them to give us stuff like Foundations and the RvR expansion when it comes out with the money they scam from players.

Ohhhh almost forgot....... ToA = scam :doh:

O

old.Nol

I like new things, I think DAOC rocks, I think there are some problems but nothing to serious...I think all these things because I don't get to live on it playing all the time so I have little or no chance of getting bored.

I am looking forward to TOA and the rvr expansion...but I am also looking forward to WoW, I just hope it's not as big a dissappointment to me as Warcraft 3 was...

A

ammobors

Well im really getting into TOA now :) was not to impressed at first but now i think its gr8 :) gives pplz the chance to get really nice items w/o having to trall round sidi anymore :) alot of nice MP 99 weps armour dropping off artifact mobs and alot are doable with 1 grp :) even if ure not into pve worth going for some real sweet drops which are nice for rvr :) i got a MP trident thing other day with con/str debuff which my inf uses and its kinda cool when she evades backflip style hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread