Daft idea or just good?

I

ilaya

Had a chat in a grp today and we discussed several things.. and we got onto the range at which u can see peeps.. then i had bright idea..

How about giving Rangers/Scouts/Hunters an increased visabilty range? doesn't need to be full armour wearing images or nothing.. just something they can see..

Wont that provide those classes with what whey are designed for in grp based rvr? i.e. scouting..

just a thought.. :)

R

Ravenbourne

Would be lovely but i think its because of the clip range

L

leoric

givf faster tracking speed when camo'd kthnx :)

S

Sajko

yes tracking skill similar to the one in EQ would be cool as heck but would require some heavy time to implement i bet.

L

loxleyhood

My computer can barely run anything as it is, let alone if I can see everybody in the zone.

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Sajko
yes tracking skill similar to the one in EQ would be cool as heck but would require some heavy time to implement i bet.

How about this then,

Active ability on a 10 - 15 min timer,

Once you press it reports how many enemies are in the area, and gives 1rp ( 1 x RR rp's ) for each enemy spotted.

So... for example stood above MMG emain, a mid zerg rolls through.

34 enemies detected
you gain 34 realm points.

or

34 enemies detected
you gain 184 realm points.

Not tracking, but a usefull scouting tool if you can remain stealthed / hidded and report on enemy movement and get some rps for it

DS

L

loxleyhood

The mids turn north. They are taking the road to amg! They run as if they are hackz0ring bastards.

In other news im really pretty.

F

-frostor-

enough archer boosts
bring on the armsman boosts

B

behatch

Originally posted by -frostor-
enough archer boosts
bring on the armsman boosts
\

archers still not happy with RF :roll:

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by behatch
\

archers still not happy with RF :roll:

Curse them for wanting to be equal to other classes! Curse them!

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by deerstalker
How about this then,

Once you press it reports how many enemies are in the area, and gives 1rp ( 1 x RR rp's ) for each enemy spotted.

34 enemies detected

or

34 enemies detected

Not tracking, but a usefull scouting tool if you can remain stealthed / hidded and report on enemy movement and get some rps for it

DS

if i had a free RA spell where i didnt have to unstealth or anything id hide WAY up in a tree and get a macro program to push it ever x minutes and go afk fro a week, id only come back to spent my RSPs....

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
Would be lovely but i think its because of the clip range

Its quite technically possible.

You can stand at say the tower in emain and look at amg and see it (on a clear day), so the engines clip range (or z buffer accuracy) holds up ok under this distance.

A decent level of detail system should be able to draw a character at that range for almost free (read 2 trianges).

D

del_eneste

Originally posted by ilaya
Had a chat in a grp today and we discussed several things.. and we got onto the range at which u can see peeps.. then i had bright idea..

How about giving Rangers/Scouts/Hunters an increased visabilty range? doesn't need to be full armour wearing images or nothing.. just something they can see..

Wont that provide those classes with what whey are designed for in grp based rvr? i.e. scouting..

just a thought.. :)

Sounds like a good idea to me... would be good if they put it into the game.. altho I cant see it happening :(

K

krow

Great idea Ilaya... now if they could just bring it in before I hit 50 :)

C

Ceap

or how about a real tracking skill

say at 30 trains in stealth, the hunter/ranger/scout get the ability to see a trail left by an enemy grp... small drops of red blood say which only he can see. each drop lasts 45 secs or so.

so u would see rangers leading grps, and would go some way towards making them a bit grp friendly. also, if dots arent to obvious it would make following them a resonably tough thing to do, so u could lose the scent etc :p

ofc, i want a hunting dogs RA to boost tracking skills :p

K

kirennia

or just swap see hidden onto archer classes and take it off of assasins. Scouts are meant to be good scouters, not infiltrators :p Same with rangers and hunters. See hidden being on assassins doesnt make sense

T

ThePure

now that's something to agree with.. sb, ns and infils are there to assasinate casters and crap.. the others are the lookouts.. givf to us!... *whines for a minute or two*

and here's Grrurk with the weather

W

Whoodoo_RD

For all you who have the original packaging, Hunters were supposed to get a "morhping" skill, and a tracking ability....oh we were disapointed not to get them, but i do like the "footprints in the snow" idea.

L

leoric

All very good ideas, But you know and i know Archers will never see such things! There too busy nerfing the classes People are whineing about! I just hope we see BALANCE for the Archer in the balance patch :)

And givf glowie bow!! kthnx!
And givf Crossbow to Archers!

C

censi

How about this then,

34 enemies detected

or

34 enemies detected

DS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol,
<parks in remote corner of emain stealthed and camo'd>
/sit
Sets Woodpecker on keyboard.
219 enemies detected
you gain 219 realm points

Comes back from vacation.....

Dooh woodpeckers head fell off after second peck!

S

Skaven

Aye, I think some form of tracking was being thrown about before beta even started but I don't think mythic got round to implementing it - pretty sure it was in one of the old grab bags somewhere on herald.

J

Jayce_DA

Originally posted by deerstalker
How about this then,

34 enemies detected

or

34 enemies detected

DS

Great idea ..... If you remove the free RP's, thet will NEVER happen.

Users who are viewing this thread