Server down... did I miss anything?

A

ares_Hellsing

our network has always been chello for cable network, and Purmerend had just put in new cable stuff when chello/upc took over.. so that can not be the problem i think.. It worked so well the first year, i did not understand why everyone was complaining ;-)

A

ares_Hellsing

nah cloth stuff high (50) staff low, like 30 ish.. that is high enough i think for the important focus stuff.. as i said dirt cheap, try a full set lvl 51 plate lol

A

ares_Hellsing

i think i have about 26 saph seal on me, so contact me in game, and get yer staff in df, that must be good enough for some lvl's :) err that is if we can ever get back in game.. :(

F

fragoverrule

Originally posted by YowtehDruid
Aye UPC problem :/
I know all about it, ( me hidding , me worked there :/ )

cough me2 :D at the helpdesk even :D still do btw :D

A

ares_Hellsing

oh dear, go to work, fix it. NOW!! i am getting withdrawl pains.. i wanne be 50 TODAY.. :-(....

F

fragoverrule

purmerend goes even to our helpdesk :D, cant do anyting atm :(

A

ares_Hellsing

have you got ANY idea whats the problem? it is to weird....

L

lothian

Called to helpdesk

I just called to the helpdesk of chello and they cant do something about it till monday.

A

ares_Hellsing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are kidding? where is my rocketlauncher, i wanne so nuke chello now.... :(
Since i just got there bill, i think i will hold payment also.. [off hunting for decent ADSL and a normal phoneline] oh yeah digitenne also.. i guess

L

lothian

Very sad

Yes... they still have a rather strange setup for an internetprovider. As a company you should know that in the weekend lots of ppl use internet so you should have a weekend shift for the technical ppl. They dont have that..hmzz.. maybe time to go for ADSL.

D

devilnl

Isnt there anyway to get there?
Proxy server..
Or such
Bouncing via another server to daoc
Cause this sucks :S

L

lothian

Dont know

But if you find a solution let me know... gonna try the Everquest beta, hope that that one works...

Y

YowtehDruid

I Think there is an solution of using proxy or somekind 2 get to authserver

L

lothian

And how does that work?

Can you give me some details when you've it working?

Y

YowtehDruid

sure working on it, hope its possible, dont get it why upc doesnt work via other routers etc. :/

M

madmeijs

Question for all chello users....you guys also having alot yellow/red lag icon?
Used to have a fine connection to the server but since like maybe 6 months I have a crappy yellow/red lag icon almost all the time :/

F

fragoverrule

nope somethimes.. triangle/ red but thats when there are 200 ppl in my screen (mainly albs though)

L

lieneera

no problems at all with lag issues xcept at night then sometimes i go LD like 10times in 1hour but that happens like once a month or something.

M

madmeijs

In moh or cod my connection is fine all the time...no matter what time of day but in daoc its bad...

Gonna move to Sweden one day....there they have uberconnections :)

Holland is gimped :D

A

Asq

Seems the problem is somewhere in the utrecht area... something blew up there prolly. Odd thing is, dutchies are routed via UK and US to get to france... must be some cheap way for UPC instead of a direct line :)

B

Brutes

Yes i complained several times about that, but they don't give a straight answer about that. I think it's cheaper for them to use there US router because it's an american company and then they can share it.

D

devilnl

Still weird.. Why can i ping it than..
If something broke down. i cant ping it right?

B

Brutes

yes, i think it's a problem at GOA, they banned Chello somehow ;(

D

devilnl

could be. if some 1 ddos attacked the login server (or what ever)
Maybe the server auto blocks whole range (which is chello atm)
And only network admins (how ever its called in uk) can disable it..
Dunno

Y

YowtehDruid

upc share holder : microsoft :/ and United Global Com :/
indeed stupid way 2 route thrue VS :/

L

lothian

Stupid

Yes, stupid...

First going to New-York and then to france.

If you would do that to goto Paris everybody would laugh at you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom