Server down... did I miss anything?

D

devilnl

still no1 which found a way to Avoid the patch server?

Y

YowtehDruid

Nope we have 2 w8 till they fix it :/
Will be monday ://///
Im gona complain about this crap. THis is no style, if they know the isue then they have 2 fix the prob within 24 hours,
Gona use the
UPC garantieplan, check out the site for more info. www.upc.nl

A

ares_Hellsing

it seems that GOA in there 'wisdom' has indeed blocked all chello IP adresses, and thus made it impossible to play and tell them we dont like what they did.. sjeez there's a catch 22 for you.. :( can anyone who has a working conection with goa dig up the support email adres so we can spam them from holland with complains? I already have send an email to mythic costumer support explaining the problem and asking them to kick some sense in the bleeding frenchies.. i suggest we al do that till something bursts somewhere..

B

Brutes

A friend has also Chello and he can connect to camelot, he has a IP number that begins with 213 and mine begins with 62, maybe thats the difference, not sure. It always worked so why not

F

fragoverrule

at chello u have ip adres.. starting with 24, 80, 213, 62, 212 ... as u can see multiple ranges.. perhaps they blocked a few ranges

F

fragoverrule

Originally posted by YowtehDruid
Nope we have 2 w8 till they fix it :/
Will be monday ://///
Im gona complain about this crap. THis is no style, if they know the isue then they have 2 fix the prob within 24 hours,
Gona use the
UPC garantieplan, check out the site for more info. www.upc.nl

since ur internet is working (ok not properly but u can see sites) i dont think upc garantieplan will work here

L

Legolias

A friend has also Chello and he can connect to camelot, he has a IP number that begins with 213 and mine begins with 62, maybe thats the difference, not sure. It always worked so why not

My IP starts with 213 as well and I have the same problem.. I can't connect to camelot-europe.com + I can't connect to Camelot.

What I also found weird is that now I cannot connect to ign VN boards either.

B

Brutes

I can't connect to www.goa.com either, but that should be obvious because it's there fault in the first place, i think :)

Y

YowtehDruid

If Goa has banned chello ip range then where nailed bigtime, and i wana refun this 2 days for sure :/

K

Khalen

Brutes I can connect because I was still ingame but I checked with ping plotter and I can't locate the IP route it stops at US. I haven't rebooted my pc since and can still login for some reason. But now chello is ERRORing all over and I got LDed a couple of times in a row. This sucks for sure but I'm used to it with chello, ain't first time the connection is fucked. One time they did a sweep and everyone had to get new IPs again which takes a day or two to get it as well. And that ridiculous routing towards US is soooo silly. But we can't do much about it then complain and we can complain all we want it's they who control the flow :(

A

ares_Hellsing

ARGG by secure serving finaly on there site, can't i find any way to contact them.. no email, no nothing, use rightnow... rename that to right, never plz. what a hatefull spitefull ugly nasty sof-ware it is.. i can remember i used it in the past to ask questions to them, but i can not find ANYWHERE the link/button to do it.. This is all getting to frustrating, i am so glad horizons will be soon here, i can not stand the BAD support anymore.. sigh

F

fragoverrule

Originally posted by YowtehDruid
If Goa has banned chello ip range then where nailed bigtime, and i wana refun this 2 days for sure :/

Still not figured it out how u think goa has banned ip adresses of chello...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by fragoverrule
Still not figured it out how u think goa has banned ip adresses of chello...

from Chello helpdesk,

Originally posted by Drerranwan
mmm... i have just called and they said that GOA or whoever hosts the server maybe banned the Chello ip adresses
well if so we atleast know what the prob is

J

jeweltje

Apparently from what I've "heard" this problem isn't GOA but it's chello, and for all european customers of certain IP ranges, sounds rather weird but a swedish poster using Chello has the same problem so that would make sense. (they have a different IP range). Chello IP ranges are NOT banned, because if they would be you couldn't simply trace and ping IP's from the EGOA website, it would completely show up as non existant.... Well knowing Chello this could take awhile, but it's their problem to fix and theirs only most probably....

F

fragoverrule

Most likely there is problem in the routing between europe and the US.. checked this at the helpdesk.. All the helpdesk have reported this already

A

Asq

All our operators are currently busy. Estimated time when first one comes available is 30 minutes....

Seems more people are having problems today ^^

D

devilnl

In my opinion. Goa can do something about it.
Whine @ chello.
Cause now WE (users of chello) cant play. and i'm quite sure. they want more players on the servers.
BUT.. Since goa replyed this to my e-mail:
Thank you for contacting Dark Age of Camelot Support. Your email has been
received and you should expect a response from the Technical Team within
72 hours.

Which basicly mean.. Sorry it's weekend and no1 of the crew wants to solve the problem now :p
But i think. when goa reads it. the also contact chello about it. (they have a little more to say than just the users of chello)

So...
I think Monday (tomorrow) will be the soonest that we can play again :'(

D

devilnl

Sorry. but i dont wanna translate this bunch of info :)
Ik heb dit verhaal van een aantal klanten gehoord. Heb het even uitgezocht. Dit is geen DNS probleem. Het lijkt erop dat chello netwerk IP reeksen geblokkeerd zijn. Een aantal netwerken in het buitenland schijnen last te hebben gehad van hackpogingen. Zoiets heb ik verstaan.

Blijkbaar vonden de netwerkbeheerders het nodig om de bron gelijk maar helemaal dicht te gooien. In dit geval dus bepaalde IP reeksen binnen chello. Erg vervelend. Waarschijnlijk heeft een het weer verpest voor de vele.

Een aantal netwerk ranges in Frankrijk zijn ook niet bereikbaar voor mensen met een IP uit een bepaalde reeks. Via de proxy van chello kunnen deze sites wel bereikt worden. Het lijkt in alle gevallen op een IP block. Dus voor de mensen die gelijk met het vingertje naar chello wijzen, eerst dit even lezen.

F

fragoverrule

yes where did u find thid.. cuz at chello they still say its not in our netwerk.. so it cant be any dns errors .. there seems to be routnig problems between US and europe.. cuz all chello customers have this problem.. not only daoc sites are down.. alot of american servers are not reachable.. meaning websites etc

L

Legolias

/\
|
|
|

I think he hit the nail, I seem to be having trouble connecting to some american sites as well. And since Chello is routing through the US to france (which is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard) we can't connect to Camelot..

F

fragoverrule

chello is routing through america to france... and yes i work at the helpdesk.. working here atm

L

Legolias

Yeah I meant that as in I know Chello is routing through US to France and I think that's the biggest bs ever :) Since this explains many lag problems and issues I've had ingame as well.

At least.. I think that could be the cause if my packets are send across the world before reaching france :)

A

Asq

Originally posted by fragoverrule
chello is routing through america to france... and yes i work at the helpdesk.. working here atm
I somewhat pitty you mate. One of my old roommates worked at the Chello helpdesk (0900 number thing) and he got home very frustrated now and then.
As to your remark above, it's very easy to point fingers both at GOA as well as Chello. True, lots of things they do good and correct, but there's also a lot of mistakes being made. Often customers are recompensed though which is good... it's just the waiting, lack of information as well as lousy availability of both that makes people annoyed.

Btw, any news from GOA yet?

S

scrow2

chello.nl also here

and I can play on exc...no problem there, but if I try prydwen I get "sevice not availabe"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom