• You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing well implemented

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Votes: 42 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Now if only they could do something about ML9 pets!

I was out soloing on my zerker a few days ago. After i fight, i went to rest a little and got jumped by a sorc as i was almost back at full health.
He nuked for +/- 400. Not bad on 31% body + 10% CL resists, but nothing to complain about. The annoying part was that in the 3-4 sec it took him to cast 4 DDs(i think it was 4), his pet hit me for 700+ twice. :p
Kinda stupid when a caster's pet can have almost the same DPS as the caster.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
then again, what can actually a caster really do that is effective once he has a tank upon him? Besides flee and scream like a lil girl :) You know how hard you hit and you also know how fast you can take down a caster.

Well lets see, first hit is absorbed by brittle guard, second hit by self blade turn, 3rd hit I might actually land if lucky and he is still stood there.

Thats at least 8 more seconds maybe 9 with a polearm before i've actually had a chance to land a hit, and another good 6 or 7 spells thrown at me, assuming they are not quite at 1 second cast time.

And then they still have quickcast in reserve, mastery of concentration, and in some cases, life tap and perma-intercepting pets.

Yes, I really feel sorry for those poor casters.

Zoia said:
Now if only they could do something about ML9 pets!

I was out soloing on my zerker a few days ago. After i fight, i went to rest a little and got jumped by a sorc as i was almost back at full health.
He nuked for +/- 400. Not bad on 31% body + 10% CL resists, but nothing to complain about. The annoying part was that in the 3-4 sec it took him to cast 4 DDs(i think it was 4), his pet hit me for 700+ twice. :p
Kinda stupid when a caster's pet can have almost the same DPS as the caster.

Theres no shortage of master abilities that need nerfing though is there, between ml9 pets, WG, grapple, shear styles and BG they ought to over haul master abilities completely, its long over due.

(note- WG was included just to shut a certain luri ranger up, hello censi).

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
This one time.... at band camp... i used a quicker weapon to kill brittle and bt.

Lethul

FH is my second home
stupeh said:
This one time.... at band camp... i used a quicker weapon to kill brittle and bt.

i used shieldswipe and took both out in one hit :<

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
What's wrong with grapple and BG Kagato? :eek7:

Whats right with it?

stupeh said:

Ah of cause, that makes it all better, only 6 seconds to land a blow instead of 8. Unless of cause you cancel out your 15 minute artifact timers so you can use a very fast dagger, that would be smart thing to do wouldn't it.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Whats right with it?

Ah of cause, that makes it all better, only 6 seconds to land a blow instead of 8. Unless of cause you cancel out your 15 minute artifact timers so you can use a very fast dagger, that would be smart thing to do wouldn't it.

maybe SC som qui into temp and use haste :( 4s swingspeed is bad for you

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
i really dont agree with you about the caster damage thing Kagato. maybe its coz ur nuked down by FGs when solo a lot or something? and u think this represents caster damage accurately, when u dont have resists and you are the only target and no heals, interrupts etc?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
a hit on the bladeturns interrupts, and also, using a 4.1 spd battler to break the brittle and bladeturn with is still faster then a polearm. but as said, too many buttons i guess :rolleyes:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
maybe SC som qui into temp and use haste :( 4s swingspeed is bad for you

Who said 4 seconds? I have plenty of quickness thankyou, and usually hasted if I expect a tough fight.

Even if you drop it to 3 second swing, by the time the 3rd hit lands its going to be 6 seconds later at earliest assuming you waited until point blank range to try the first hit.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
a hit on the bladeturns interrupts, and also, using a 4.1 spd battler to break the brittle and bladeturn with is still faster then a polearm. but as said, too many buttons i guess :rolleyes:

That is still only going to gain 1 second assuming you can use battler without losing quickness from pole stats.

As for to many buttons, give me some credit, i've been hear 4 years thankyou, im not insulting you so no need to insult back, grow up.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
How about, first hit killing brittle the instant you are in meleerange, the second hit taking bt and interrupts the caster...run through too and weee.

But no, from that you reach the caster, its 9...no, wait...25!!! seconds until you can interrupt him.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
are u purely speaking from a soloperspective kagato?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
That is still only going to gain 1 second assuming you can use battler without losing quickness from pole stats.

As for to many buttons, give me some credit, i've been hear 4 years thankyou, im not insulting you so no need to insult back, grow up.

no.

as i said, a hit on the bladeturn interrupts, so you only have to kill the brittle before the caster gets interrupted. asuming 220 qui, 10% toa haste and a 17% haste charge you will swing battler at ~2 secs and a 6.0 speed polearm at ~3 secs

that's two spells, or 700-800 dmg without crits on a heavy tank. nowhere near 7-8 as you try to make it sound like. and the too many buttons comment isn't an insult, it's a reply to your silly post where you obviously like to allow the caster get one more spell off.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Who said 4 seconds? I have plenty of quickness thankyou, and usually hasted if I expect a tough fight.

Even if you drop it to 3 second swing, by the time the 3rd hit lands its going to be 6 seconds later at earliest assuming you waited until point blank range to try the first hit.

you did, you said 8s in to the battle

if you use battler 4.1 speed for example your swingspeed should be 1.9~ with 230 swingspeed and haste charge. a 5.7 pole should be at 2.7~ So with a pole you should land you first hit at 5.4s seconds, if you switch to battler it should take 3.8 to land your first hit

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Don't mess with Lethul, he knows his maths! :worthy:

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:

paying special attention to the insult at the end :rolleyes:

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
also if you werent insisting on your "lolz easy mode 1v1 melee fights" spec, you could get shield swipe and get rid of them all in one hit :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
you did, you said 8s in to the battle

if you use battler 4.1 speed for example your swingspeed should be 1.9~ with 230 swingspeed and haste charge. a 5.7 pole should be at 2.7~ So with a pole you should land you first hit at 5.4s seconds, if you switch to battler it should take 3.8 to land your first hit

8 seconds with 3 attacks, thats not going to be 4 second swing speed, not even I use weapons that slow. Though I probably would if there was a good one.

Eleasias said:
also if you werent insisting on your "lolz easy mode 1v1 melee fights" spec, you could get shield swipe and get rid of them all in one hit :)

Riiiight, I should drop all my defense capability and anti-kite ability and a spec i've had for 4 years just to kill brittle guards. Thanks for the advice but no thanks.

Novamir said:
paying special attention to the insult at the end :rolleyes:

Telling someone to grow up for resorting to unprovoked insults is hardly comparable to the original insults, except perhaps in the eyes of someone desperate to try and score points on a forum.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
unfortunately, if you are going to take the moral high ground with things like that, you should refrain from doing the thing you are being sanctimonious about. unfortunately, you made yourself look a little silly. but thats off the point anyway.

why is having a spec for 4 years a reason not to change it? i must have tried every hero spec there is and hopped back and forth a few times too. the game changes, you can adapt to whats needed most.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
8 seconds with 3 attacks, thats not going to be 4 second swing speed, not even I use weapons that slow. Though I probably would if there was a good one.

ok, ill tell you a basic melee thing. listen carefully now mate! _there is no delay on first swing_ (this is what made frontload popular espically with the zerker class). Therefor, after 0 seconds first hit land, after 4s second hit land and after 8s third lands. thats exactly 4s swingspeed. Now i dont know what speed you have on your weapon. I would guess it is 5.6-5.7 which means 2.7~ swingspeed. Therefor it would be like this, 0s: first hit kills brittle guard. 2.7s: breaks BT _and_ interupt the caster. 5.4s: you hit the caster for 1600 and kills him! ;)

now i would suggest using a faster weapon (your 1h battler that i guess you have) for killing brittle/BT then go pole and it would be brought down to 0s, 1.9s, 3.8 respectivly

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
ok, ill tell you a basic melee thing. listen carefully now mate! _there is no delay on first swing_ (this is what made frontload popular espically with the zerker class). Therefor, after 0 seconds first hit land, after 4s second hit land and after 8s third lands. thats exactly 4s swingspeed. Now i dont know what speed you have on your weapon. I would guess it is 5.6-5.7 which means 2.7~ swingspeed. Therefor it would be like this, 0s: first hit kills brittle guard. 2.7s: breaks BT _and_ interupt the caster. 5.4s: you hit the caster for 1600 and kills him! ;)

now i would suggest using a faster weapon (your 1h battler that i guess you have) for killing brittle/BT then go pole and it would be brought down to 0s, 1.9s, 3.8 respectivly

You are discussing with a person that has (should have) 50% magic resists and yet is convinced casters hit him for 900 damage per second all the time. :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
: you hit the caster for 1600 and kills him! ;)

That would be completely impossible even with 0 quickness template AND haste debuffed.

noaim said:
You are discussing with a person that has (should have) 50% magic resists and yet is convinced casters hit him for 900 damage per second all the time. :)

50% magic resists? I wish, you are aware that tank resists and aom are second tier resists I presume. Fury too for that matter.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
the 'not in view' and 'strafing' factors have been fixed severely.

haha, when u get a lag spell off i don't see u complaining.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lets do a quick comparison shall we?

In excalibur, within the top 20 from each class we have:

Enchanters -

1 RR12
1 RR11
6 RR9's
7 RR8's
4 RR7's
1 RR6

Armsman -
No RR12's
No RR11's
1 RR10
3 RR9's
2 RR8's
4 RR7's
6 RR6's
4 RR5's

Now compare sorc vs warriors or SM's vs hero's or virtually any combination of spellcasters vs tank and you will see similier stats, coincidence? I think not.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
good comeback, forget about all the flawed arguments you gave and compare armsmen with chanters to prove casters are overpowered. :D

brilliant man

edit- really, respect to you for sticking to one class and one spec for so long, but really, it makes you very biased and causes you to give flawed arguments because you apparantly don't know too much about other aspects of the game. your situation really isn't *that* bad :p

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Its not scientific unless you normalise the /played time for the RR argument :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you just need to take a look at lwRP to see casters make far more RPs than tanks. or look at most groups out and about to see most are made up of casters.

toe to toe with moc down ofc the tank is going to (should) win but how is a tank expected to get the jump on a caster? if the caster lets the tank get that close then they are obviously doing something wrong. also the only way to interupt at any sort of decent range is with a javelin (which all tanks should use tbh) and thats on a crappy timer.

not much that can be done about it though as thats the way the game is now, cant see it being changed as it would upset far to many casual players who like to omgwtflolzor on their caster of d00m. so we (tanks) will just have to get on with it.

i just hope they dont make the same mistakes with warhammer

note: for the anal among you i wouldnt dare say casters dont require skill to play well, but any idiot can roll a caster and make bucket loads of RPs in almost every situation they out perform tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom