• You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing well implemented

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Votes: 42 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
everything is situational, on casters its easier to make rps but for lighttanks casters are usually freefrags. same for most hybrids. heavy tanks usually need to make good use of los or have fury up to kill casters, but still, its far from impossible.

in the fg scene casters and tanks are pretty balanced these days, expected the banelord nerf to be a significant blow to tanks but the melee-lag fix more then made up for it :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
We can't just compare casters vs heavy tanks.
For my skald, casters are usually free RPs. Not always, but usually. I do have problems if i get jumped by a stun-nuking hib caster and i have everything down, but that's the way it should be.
When i'm on my zerker, i'm in real trouble if they get the jump on me. If i don't have charge up, i'm dead, since i don't have any det. or purge. That's also how it should be.
If i have charge up and see them in time, they are free RPs unless it's a sorc with SoI+ML9.
Tbh, i think it must be pretty damn frustrating for casters to face charging light tanks. There's not much they can do, unless they have SoI, or caster speed and run when they see the tank charge, before they cast a spell and lose speed.

The only caster that i can think of, that has given me a really hard time every single time i've met him, is Maeloch.
On my zerker, he always kills me. On my skald, he usually kills me. :) I wont say mentalists are OPed because one rr10 or 11 can kick my ass.
Might be a few other casters that are hard too, but those can be counted on one hand. When i say this, i'm not including those who just hit ML9 pet, run away and abuse the watersurface while their ML9 pet beats you up. They don't win because of caster damage, but because of fucked up ML9 pets.

So what if casters can be a pain for heavy tanks? They are often easy RPs for light tanks and hybrids. With the recent love for heavy tanks, they shouldn't even be that hard for them.;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
That would be completely impossible even with 0 quickness template AND haste debuffed.

maybe the -> " ;) " implied i wasnt 100% serious about the damage

ps. the funny thing is that you ignored the rest of the post that was the serious part :)

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
you just need to take a look at lwRP to see casters make far more RPs than tanks. or look at most groups out and about to see most are made up of casters.
The best groups however run balanced setups between tanks and casters or majority is tanks, what does that tell you? Any retard can make a caster group and farm noobs for rp's but that does not mean its a good group.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
iRVR>casters runnin zergs>towercamping>casters farm>casters get more RPs than tanks.

thats the reason casters are higher RR overall if anything since tanks have like... zero to do in a campsituation which is 95% of current rvr among the ones that doesnt have a group to run with. Get rid of all the bridges and towers and I'd guess casters RPs would flow in quite alot slower I think.

E

Eruptix

the melee range is a bit silly now

ive played eld recently and every polearms and his mom could spam styles on me from what seemed 500 units
and not to mention the insane range on slam which is even bigger ^^

tho I havent rly rvred alot with the new changes,but the few times I did it seemed just silly

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
500 range? ^^ giff baboonarms on my firb tbh. I want 500 range too!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
That would be completely impossible even with 0 quickness template AND haste debuffed.

50% magic resists? I wish, you are aware that tank resists and aom are second tier resists I presume. Fury too for that matter.

26%+CL resists+15% heavy tank resist, ok so remove 36% from the 15% and you have around 45% total...THEN I SEE!!! With only 45% resists OFC you get nuked for 900 per second... :rolleyes:

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Lethul said:
ps. the funny thing is that you ignored the rest of the post that was the serious part :)

yep same with me, ah well, hes got us all roped in to arguing then refuses to play ball. ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
good comeback, forget about all the flawed arguments you gave and compare armsmen with chanters to prove casters are overpowered. :D

brilliant man

edit- really, respect to you for sticking to one class and one spec for so long, but really, it makes you very biased and causes you to give flawed arguments because you apparantly don't know too much about other aspects of the game. your situation really isn't *that* bad :p

Actually you'll note at the bottom I said it would be the same if you compared any heavy tank verse any spellcaster, I picked chanters at random and armsmen because I knew what most of their RR's are.

As for knowing siturations, I actually have spellcaster alts, hybrid alts and even stealther alts, I just don't feel the need to list every single toon and its RR in my sig. (and sometimes its better not to be known on each alt lol).

noaim said:
26%+CL resists+15% heavy tank resist, ok so remove 36% from the 15% and you have around 45% total...THEN I SEE!!! With only 45% resists OFC you get nuked for 900 per second... :rolleyes:

Perhaps you missed it the first time around so let me say it again slowely for you.

heavy tank resists are second tier

So at best you have 36% deducted from the damage and THEN you get the heavy tank resists deducted from the remaining damage.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Perhaps you missed it the first time around so let me say it again slowely for you.

So at best you have 36% deducted from the damage and THEN you get the heavy tank resists deducted from the remaining damage.
100*0.64*0.85 = 54.4. This means a damage reduction of 45.6%, which is what noaim said: 45% resists.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

Can you do it even slower so you understand it yourself too? :D

And dont forget to put up the "DND, genius at work" sign. :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
100*0.64*0.85 = 54.4. This means a damage reduction of 45.6%, which is what noaim said: 45% resists.

Pity he didn't say that in first place, makes much more sense.

Regarding second tier being debuffed, im sure someone said something about that before long time ago, might of been in regards to legendaries though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Eleasias said:
The best groups however run balanced setups between tanks and casters or majority is tanks, what does that tell you? Any retard can make a caster group and farm noobs for rp's but that does not mean its a good group.
ofc it doesnt, i never said it did. but they would make far more RPs than a random group of tanks. casters take far less work (as in char build/equipment etc) to become "competative"

and ofc casters can spec RAs for damage off the bat, a tank has to get det 4/5 purge 2/3 before he even starts to think about passive damage RAs

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Pity he didn't say that in first place, makes much more sense.

Regarding second tier being debuffed, im sure someone said something about that before long time ago, might of been in regards to legendaries though.

Yeah I should have taken it slower... :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
ofc it doesnt, i never said it did. but they would make far more RPs than a random group of tanks. casters take far less work (as in char build/equipment etc) to become "competative"

and ofc casters can spec RAs for damage off the bat, a tank has to get det 4/5 purge 2/3 before he even starts to think about passive damage RAs

I agree with you totally, however, I think healing classes probably have it easiest of all now these days in terms of how much effort they need to put in to become "competative". RP's for rezzing, rps for healing, rps for shearing, rps for sneezing. Even my buff bot is almost rr5 now, its silly. Im not complaining as it is a dull job so they do deserve reward for it, but its argueably the easiest of all now for time/effort to rp ratio.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
I agree with you totally, however, I think healing classes probably have it easiest of all now these days in terms of how much effort they need to put in to become "competative". RP's for rezzing, rps for healing, rps for shearing, rps for sneezing. Even my buff bot is almost rr5 now, its silly. Im not complaining as it is a dull job so they do deserve reward for it, but its argueably the easiest of all now for time/effort to rp ratio.

And when you play a mainhealer in a group you realise you actually need RR8+ to have the most necessary tools and at RR11 you still have to make big choices on what to get and what not. So much for being competative.. surely you get abit more RP's then anyone else in FG-combat, somewhere in the lines of 7-10% more ? woopiedoo nerf that! And shears dont give RP's unless the character dies. Which makes it a non-existant bonus in FG combat (as everyone gets their share of RP's when someone dies, the shearer doesnt get more)

As regarding the buffbot being RR5, I leave my buffbot at Crauchon/Cain 99.9% of the time and it doesnt gain much RP's at all. Its somewhere RR3, mostly from being at keeptakes and playing it a few times in duo with another class of me to get some MCL/DI for PvE. If you get RR5 you either go out of your way with your buffbot to rezz/heal everyone or play it actively.

Arthuria

Banned
Puppet said:
As regarding the buffbot being RR5, I leave my buffbot at Crauchon/Cain 99.9% of the time and it doesnt gain much RP's at all. Its somewhere RR3, mostly from being at keeptakes and playing it a few times in duo with another class of me to get some MCL/DI for PvE. If you get RR5 you either go out of your way with your buffbot to rezz/heal everyone or play it actively.
kagato with dibot, OMG THE PAIN! ;<

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
random necro hits you for 300 damage!
Saveus hits you for 627 damage!
You have died!

and i run with 30+ magic resists all the time!
so much for the: "a caba can never hit for 6xx constantly"

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
You have died!

well lt classes are a 'one of a kind'

179 delve lt with 10% boost to dmg without rasing cap, and then now ontop of that 10% relic bonus.

Say mom4 etc, gives you a cap at 643, 22 spec body or smth added with 11 from items and 9-10 from RR. Brings you up to 43-42 modified body. Ops thats around 85-125% variance on nukes. Add the 10% lt boost and 10% relic boost and your at the cap ;] maybe even without debuff. Thne again your 30% is your item resists -10%, + resist buffs. Dosent sounds that bad to me.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.camelotmovies.net/?v=mov&id=139

check second fight or so kagato, dont see 900 damage per second there!

for those who doesnt wanna download it to check it out, its an arms getting nuked 5 times, ends up at 50%, without using fury. closes in, slam and 2 shots the caster. xD

third fight, enchanter jumps the arms, debuff nukage inc, uses fury, 50% hp, gets close, chanter mocs, slam, 2 shot.

fourth fight vs sb, slam, 1000 hit, second hit kills him. etc etc

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Eleasias said:
http://www.camelotmovies.net/?v=mov&id=139

check second fight or so kagato, dont see 900 damage per second there!

for those who doesnt wanna download it to check it out, its an arms getting nuked 5 times, ends up at 50%, without using fury. closes in, slam and 2 shots the caster. xD

third fight, enchanter jumps the arms, debuff nukage inc, uses fury, 50% hp, gets close, chanter mocs, slam, 2 shot.

fourth fight vs sb, slam, 1000 hit, second hit kills him. etc etc

Obviously fake.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
You have died!

you been hit by one of the highest rr cabbies doing 50% debuff, 10% resist pierce and with a 10% power relic bonus. nothing a chanter can`t do as well.

ofc he hits like a frigging freight train.

jugding by the damage he `only` has mom 3 btw :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
And when you play a mainhealer in a group you realise you actually need RR8+ to have the most necessary tools and at RR11 you still have to make big choices on what to get and what not. So much for being competative.. surely you get abit more RP's then anyone else in FG-combat, somewhere in the lines of 7-10% more ? woopiedoo nerf that! And shears dont give RP's unless the character dies. Which makes it a non-existant bonus in FG combat (as everyone gets their share of RP's when someone dies, the shearer doesnt get more)

my cleric gets about 75% more rp per hour than my wiz if they are grouped together.

to only gain 7-10% extra, you have to be ... constantly afk ? perform no rezzes ? only do spreadheals and di ?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

I played my BB actively in old frontiers when you still needed RA's to get buff bonus till 3L5 and then played her again after DR in order to get her champion abilities.
And to be honest, its actually a heck of alot of fun :) so keep on playing it sometimes when I need a break from meleeing. Solo is suicide of cause but can still manage to make as much rps as on kag grouped without a template.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, a tank complaining of swing speeds when he can spec for swipe, plus any time stun from speccing shield is really not perhaps the best logic to use. I would not dream of running around with just 44 CS or 50 LW and not have shield, even as playing Hibs we have Anhil and an advantage with rear stun.

Your shield is your best weapon cos of the anytime + swipe, 1h quick bt break or target brits n swipe em all. The issue re the melee lag is interesting, not played for a while, I did use to find melee lag an issue. Swipe would most often miss a lagging brittle even in correct arc so it could be a tad self defeating to not target the opponent, but his brittles and then see 1 survive the swipe cos lag oor.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Tuorin said:
Tbh, a tank complaining of swing speeds when he can spec for swipe, plus any time stun from speccing shield is really not perhaps the best logic to use. I would not dream of running around with just 44 CS or 50 LW and not have shield, even as playing Hibs we have Anhil and an advantage with rear stun.

Trying to pick faults with someones spec is perhaps not the most logical thing to do either, considering I mostly solo which makes hybrid as a double-spec class very substandard. Specially considering the best part of 90% of the enemies I find solo are DW users which again makes shield twice as poor and allows parry to really come into its own.

And even if I werent mostly solo i'd still seriously doubt the benefits of specing shield, the only class i'd argue shield being worthwhile for as an offensive tank is Valkyries, and thats only due to the new styles they get.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
And even if I werent mostly solo i'd still seriously doubt the benefits of specing shield, the only class i'd argue shield being worthwhile for as an offensive tank is Valkyries, and thats only due to the new styles they get.

That's cause you're a goddamn dumbass who has no real experience from anything else than killing melee chars with the ~best melee duel char in game.

Oh yeah and trebbing towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom