• You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing well implemented

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Votes: 42 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Decided to make a poll just out of to become frustration. Just abit of backround, having played caster classes for almost 27 million and Ive come to notice when im more or less fragile towards meleers. This goes for both fg experience as in for soloing.

Now, what I have come to understand from both indirect tests and hopefully some experience, the melee lag is not only a fix to the 'lag away of targets' when you try to melee characters, the 'not in view' and 'strafing' factors have been fixed severely. But ontop of that I have gotten a feeling of a longer melee range, this is not directly feel when dueling but when characters 'clash' into eachother, if you stand at just about max range for melee, this range will be the same as before the fix, but the ability to get 'swings off' when you start moving, so imo I have feelt that the 'moving' factor has been severely changed aswell. Back in the days you could kite a tank even thou when he swinged at, if you hit sprint firt of the two of you. Today imo you cant, thats a good part (!) but even if u have a 200-300 range advantage to start kiting on, the swings will come at you as if you were at your old position (starting pos). Just wanted to make a poll and see how the community looks at this.

1. Your a tank, and you think the fix beeing well implemented
2. Your a tank, and you think the fix beeing overdone
3. Your a caster, and you think the fix beeing well implemented
4. Your a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Just an example below that I could catch by screenshot. (please note that the target is rooted and there was no noticable lag)

sshot002qe2.jpg

my.php

Ging

Part of the furniture
wow man this poll fuckign rox!!!

choices choices :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
i dont get the screenshot tho, altho i like the change :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
i dont get the screenshot tho, altho i like the change :)

do you concidering me beeing in melee range of that lurikeen?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
fixing meleelag was a good thing, but they really did overdo it - the range is like twice savage backstun now :p.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Is it ideal in its new implementation? No

Is it fairer than the melee lag situation was before? Yes

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I still get the out of range message from time to time even when im just behind the target in melee range and moving at same speed :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Now if you get into melee range and somebody tries to run, you can keep up as long as you're not snared/stunned/mezzed/diseased/grappled/rooted. I think it's just about right myself...but then again, I'm a tank :D

Asp range of around 350 is kinda harsh though.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
They never really fixed the melee lag itself, just added extra range to when you can possibly hit someone. Even tho its not a "proper" fix its still a nice solution imho.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
You still get the situation where you stun someone and their lag ghost warps forwards :/

Lethul

FH is my second home
swords said:
You still get the situation where you stun someone and their lag ghost warps forwards :/

just stand still after stun, you can always hit him at the spot where you stunned him even if he the ghost is warping

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
just stand still after stun, you can always hit him at the spot where you stunned him even if he the ghost is warping

Yeah but our tanks are like squaddies... :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Could have been lag on the tank part or the screenie?
Anyway aslong as they don't fix spiralling I'm ok with tanks getting some buffs in the "melee lag" area.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
swords said:

Yeh that's fucking annoying also: tbh may not be the best solution but if half the morons who used to chatbox drag to avoid being hit in melee would have fucked off ages ago it wouldn't be necessary -.-
Over all am happy with the solution.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Not been v active really, but not noticed it too much tbh, once got slammed from about 300 units but that's about it. Dunno if melee aren't used to the extra range yet and not using it. btw this fix RvR only or?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree about the fix.

I could be standing toe-to-toe with a kiter, press sprint in anticipation of them trying to run a second before they actually do and they will still be 'out of range' with me sprinting behind right on top and unable to catch up.

And we both set of at same time from same spot from well within melee range. How can that be logical let alone fair?

Also theres not enough options in the poll.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Could have been lag on the tank part or the screenie?
Anyway aslong as they don't fix spiralling I'm ok with tanks getting some buffs in the "melee lag" area.

man, I dont think you even can spiral propely, cuz I sure as hell havent ever seen you do it. Proper spiraling=totally unkillable by tanks, some strafing and circling etc isnt anywhere close to as bad.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I think that its a nice fix tbh, I absolutely hated how it was, it roxed for casters sure but it was nuts for tanks.

Now its more as it should be, casters _have_ to use the brain and prekite or make good use of BG. You should never, ever, get out of a tanks range while that tank is unsnared and sprinting and even charging, never.

As BM I see lots of funny stuff every day, we met some random albs in HW and I got mezzed, what next happened was that some muppet named Mustrum runs up right infront of me and start nuking ppl behind me.. Im thinking: OK! IM A FUCKIGN FIRB BLADEMASTER FFS.. CANT YOU SEE THAT YOU FUCKING IDIOT!? Secs later ofc mez drops because im a stoicismtank with det4 so.. Mr Mustrum eats dirt ofc. I mean, when ppl that unskilled get away with anything and manage to get high rank, hasnt it gone too far in casters favour? Casters have to start paying attention and respect tanks, or they die, which is how the system now works and imo, its fair. This meleefix in combination with the nerfed BL is excellent, if BL hadnt been nerfed then it would indeed have been silly.

Staj im not saying you are unskilled and dont pay attention yada yada but you shoudnt really whine about this at all. The lenght on the meleerange can in some cases seem abnormal but I think that has more to do with client-server lag than anything else.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
I think that its a nice fix tbh, I absolutely hated how it was, it roxed for casters sure but it was nuts for tanks.

Now its more as it should be, casters _have_ to use the brain and prekite or make good use of BG. You should never, ever, get out of a tanks range while that tank is unsnared and sprinting and even charging, never.

As BM I see lots of funny stuff every day, we met some random albs in HW and I got mezzed, what next happened was that some muppet named Mustrum runs up right infront of me and start nuking ppl behind me.. Im thinking: OK! IM A FUCKIGN FIRB BLADEMASTER FFS.. CANT YOU SEE THAT YOU FUCKING IDIOT!? Secs later ofc mez drops because im a stoicismtank with det4 so.. Mr Mustrum eats dirt ofc. I mean, when ppl that unskilled get away with anything and manage to get high rank, hasnt it gone too far in casters favour? Casters have to start paying attention and respect tanks, or they die, which is how the system now works and imo, its fair. This meleefix in combination with the nerfed BL is excellent, if BL hadnt been nerfed then it would indeed have been silly.

Staj im not saying you are unskilled and dont pay attention yada yada but you shoudnt really whine about this at all. The lenght on the meleerange can in some cases seem abnormal but I think that has more to do with client-server lag than anything else.

I agree with your points, and im whining yes, but not on the change itself but going from one extreme point to another.. its overdone imo, but should not be as it was.

What I like about it is tanks having a bl nerf and a 'dmg' increase, which brings us back to a more OF oriented gameplay

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
0o just woundering when did this "fix" happen ? ^^

might actully be able to hit casters now :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Agrigo said:
0o just woundering when did this "fix" happen ? ^^

might actully be able to hit casters now :)

came in along with the BLnerf so 1.84.

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Lets face it most casters are op to any melee class, about time they got dicked!

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Melee lag fix, didn't know about it, it explains some things ^^.

You'r an archer, and you think the fix beeing well implemented.

pip

Banned
Sure server can be laggy but from a real pro could the lag be down to your Pc also? Ho yes quess it can be:)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Even tho the fix was a bit overdone its a good fix, this means a caster cant stand around nuking till a tank actually hits him and then start kiting without any problems.
Now as a caster you have to pay more attention of the tanks and if you dont wanna get mowed down by tank assist you have to move before they reach you.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
man, I dont think you even can spiral propely, cuz I sure as hell havent ever seen you do it. Proper spiraling=totally unkillable by tanks, some strafing and circling etc isnt anywhere close to as bad.

Then I guess you never faced me when I did, and btw when someone charges it's impossible to spiral as their speed will allow them to even hit you when they /stick, unless you got an unbreakable speed that equals theirs (SoS etc).
I'd gladly show you haw crap I can spiral when you don't use charge :(
I think Dopi and that hero (can't remember his name was in GA-Hib also) still remember the fun times we had when they didn't even hit me once in 1-2 min fight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom