Votes: 40 23.0%
  • You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Votes: 42 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Someone like me what? I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

You do care about rp's or you wouldn't bring up how other people can get them faster than you so often.

By the way you are speaking it sounds like you think casters shouldn't exist at all and there should just be a bunch of tanks slapping each other around... very fun game that would be.
When that game comes, I'm leaving DAOC. Without casters DAOC would truly be the perfect game. :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Coolan said:
Completly off topic.
Kagato dont u ever sleep :)

Not when im on night shifts. I work rotating shifts, 2 weeks of days then 2 weeks of nights.

It sucks but the shift bonus pay is rather nice :eek7:

I managed to presuade my group leader to let me add internet access to my works login so you lot can have the pleasure of my posts during my lunch breaks at night, I can tell your all thrilled at this :flame:

Asha said:
Someone like me what? I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

You do care about rp's or you wouldn't bring up how other people can get them faster than you so often.

By the way you are speaking it sounds like you think casters shouldn't exist at all and there should just be a bunch of tanks slapping each other around... very fun game that would be.

I did not say I don't care about rps, I like them as much as anyone else, but its not my number 1 insentive anymore, been here to long to care as much about it these days. Now I rather have some good enjoyable fights and if I get rps in the process, fair enough, all the better.

Whilst the tank game you suggest does not sound all that bad to me at all, no, I do not think there should not be spellcasters, however I do think the spell system as it is, is awefully unbalanced towards spellcasters since toa.

Dr_Evil said:
When that game comes, I'm leaving DAOC. Without casters DAOC would truly be the perfect game. :D

You might not be far wrong there.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
a DAoC without casters would just be a giant sluggfest tbh, 5-6 tanks in each grp assisting each others down.. dno if that really sounds so fun..

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Funny, I thought this thread was all about comparing spellcasters vs melee, that is the subject so why should I stop talking about it so long as theres people here who wish to debate it? I suppose your just one of those silly 'he disagrees with me therefore it must be whine' types? And you say I need to think outside the box lol.

As for the german guy, I doubt it :flame:
Typical Kagato reply I guess, you completely ignore the point of my post and jump at the fact that I mentioned the word "whine" at the very end.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
a DAoC without casters would just be a giant sluggfest tbh, 5-6 tanks in each grp assisting each others down.. dno if that really sounds so fun..

How is this any different to current RvR? assist/kill, its all the same wether its spellcasters assist nuking or tank assist train.

SethNaket said:
Typical Kagato reply I guess, you completely ignore the point of my post and jump at the fact that I mentioned the word "whine" at the very end.

And what exactly did I ignore? the only other relivent bit in your paragraph was more crap about swipe/slam which I have already explained several times before, do you really need me to repeat the same answer over and over again? At least come up with something new for me to answer.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
How is this any different to current RvR? assist/kill, its all the same wether its spellcasters assist nuking or tank assist train.

You really cant see then difference can you?

so why are you complaining?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
You really cant see then difference can you?

so why are you complaining?

Show me where I was complaining? someone else made the referance to a spellcaster free daoc, not me. I just said it might be an ok game still and that theres not much differance.

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a whine if you think thats complaining.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
And what exactly did I ignore?
The fact that you CHOOSE to perform worse against casters because of your setup and then you turn around and complain about how overpowered they are.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Show me where I was complaining? someone else made the referance to a spellcaster free daoc, not me. I just said it might be an ok game still and that theres not much differance.

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a whine if you think thats complaining.

lol you havent done anything else than complain about casters .. and all the sudden u cant c the difference between assisting casters and assisting tanks .. make up yer mind little armsyboy :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
The fact that you CHOOSE to perform worse against casters because of your setup and then you turn around and complain about how overpowered they are.

Choosing wether to have 1 style or not hardly alters the great imbalance between spellcasters and tanks.

Phake said:
lol you havent done anything else than complain about casters .. and all the sudden u cant c the difference between assisting casters and assisting tanks .. make up yer mind little armsyboy :p

Theres a whole thread to compare melee vs spells and because we disagree its suddenly complaining? How then pray tell is anyone supposed to have any kind of debate or discussion on this forum without it being 'whining' or 'complaining' when anyone you disagree with is accused of this?

As for assisting, my point, and I really did not think i'd have to spell this out for you, but it seems I was wrong, is that this game is all about assisting. It makes no differance wether its tanks assisting or spellcasters assisting its still not going to make rvr anymore or anyless entertaining, it still comes down to over whelming 1 key target with damage.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Theres a whole thread to compare melee vs spells and because we disagree its suddenly complaining? How then pray tell is anyone supposed to have any kind of debate or discussion on this forum without it being 'whining' or 'complaining' when anyone you disagree with is accused of this?

As for assisting, my point, and I really did not think i'd have to spell this out for you, but it seems I was wrong, is that this game is all about assisting. It makes no differance wether its tanks assisting or spellcasters assisting its still not going to make rvr anymore or anyless entertaining, it still comes down to over whelming 1 key target with damage.

u gawta be kidding me? .. seriously since u are the one not happy with the current status of the game etc .. .ur the one complaining simple as that .. i mean i think the balance between casters and tanks are fine ... really nice tbh .. and as u dont agree with me and mention the fact that u dont .. ur the one complaining ..

for the assisting part i was rather kidding with u up untill now .. if you cant c the difference between the 2 then i feel sad for you.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
u gawta be kidding me? .. seriously since u are the one not happy with the current status of the game etc .. .ur the one complaining simple as that .. i mean i think the balance between casters and tanks are fine ... really nice tbh .. and as u dont agree with me and mention the fact that u dont .. ur the one complaining ..

for the assisting part i was rather kidding with u up untill now .. if you cant c the difference between the 2 then i feel sad for you.

This whole thread is here to debate the balance between the two with a view to recent changes.

Im debating, you lot disagree so claim its complaining, I feel sad for you to be honest if your incable of having a discussion without having to resort to dismissing others as whiners or complainings just because they disagree with you.

And of cause theres a differance, however the principle remains the same, its the core method of modern RvR, over whelm the most important target with damage and work your way down the enemy chain until your group wins. That is the very basic principle of modern RvR. Wether the game was all spellcasters or all tanks wouldn't change that basic principle, you would still be assisting on the most vital enemy target to kill by whatever means you think most suitable.
Its not exactly rocket science.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:

casters need to position, they can be interrupted, and they die very fast to tanks aswell, thats the difference. Weird question imo..

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
This whole thread is here to debate the balance between the two with a view to recent changes.

Im debating, you lot disagree so claim its complaining, I feel sad for you to be honest if your incable of having a discussion without having to resort to dismissing others as whiners or complainings just because they disagree with you.

And of cause theres a differance, however the principle remains the same, its the core method of modern RvR, over whelm the most important target with damage and work your way down the enemy chain until your group wins. That is the very basic principle of modern RvR. Wether the game was all spellcasters or all tanks wouldn't change that basic principle, you would still be assisting on the most vital enemy target to kill by whatever means you think most suitable.
Its not exactly rocket science.

Its good to see a successful fg rvr´er explain what it is about. As caster, you usually kill what you are allowed to kill, that means tanks that go too far in or get slammed with purge down, you dont search for the most important target. As tank, you cant just pick the caster because he is more important to kill than the zerker, because if you get too far away from your support you are dead.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Which is exactly what I said in different words, you point is what? Its still the same principle of the game. Overwhelm 1 target by whatever means you can with damage.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Its just as much about preventing it by interrupting and bg´ing for example. If you think its as simple as just press assist and win, why do some grps have 1 death per evening? They have more advanced assistmacros? Face it, you have no clue about fg rvr, and tbh I am doubting you have a clue about anything except spamming defenders rage and warlord abilities.

Also I saw you said in a post that it would be a boring game if you were strong against everything. What, except casters, do you consider yourself weak against as a 1on1-specced armsman??

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I think it becomes pretty obvious by now there's a difference in what's overpowered in '1vs1' (small scale) and FGvsFG (and even zerg VS zerg).

With some minor adjustements it is possible to balance it abit better. For example I think if resist-piercing worked on resist-buffs instead of on item-resists it would be much more balanced. Not a fixed 10%, but on a sliding scale, depending on what tier resist-buffs a target has. Wouldnt change much in FGvsFG, but would help in solo alot.

Then there is the stuff which isnt as overpowered in FG's (according to the FG-pro's) but simply stupid in 1vs1. Change that abit and it would alleviate alot of troubles. And ofcourse ML9-pets...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Its just as much about preventing it by interrupting and bg´ing for example. If you think its as simple as just press assist and win, why do some grps have 1 death per evening? They have more advanced assistmacros? Face it, you have no clue about fg rvr, and tbh I am doubting you have a clue about anything except spamming defenders rage and warlord abilities.

Also I saw you said in a post that it would be a boring game if you were strong against everything. What, except casters, do you consider yourself weak against as a 1on1-specced armsman??

Do I really need to explain to you what 'basic core principle' means? or are you just deliberatly ignoring the blatently obvious meaning in my post so you can attempt another criticism? I wonder.

The basic principle of RvR would still stay the same, of cause theres more complicated factors involved when you get into details between melee and spellcasting but the basic core principle of the fight will still remain the same. All damage is concentrated on 1 target that needs to be killed most urgently of all, geesh its 7:30 am and even I can understand that with no sleep.

As for what im weak against? Its hardly in my best interest to go revealing details but for the sake of arguement, heros, warriors, wardens, valewalkers, valkyries and champions of top of my head, and im sure if I could be bothered to think about it more I could come up with a few more.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I think it becomes pretty obvious by now there's a difference in what's overpowered in '1vs1' (small scale) and FGvsFG (and even zerg VS zerg).

With some minor adjustements it is possible to balance it abit better. For example I think if resist-piercing worked on resist-buffs instead of on item-resists it would be much more balanced. Not a fixed 10%, but on a sliding scale, depending on what tier resist-buffs a target has. Wouldnt change much in FGvsFG, but would help in solo alot.

Then there is the stuff which isnt as overpowered in FG's (according to the FG-pro's) but simply stupid in 1vs1. Change that abit and it would alleviate alot of troubles. And ofcourse ML9-pets...

We rarely agree, but thats arguebly the first sensible reply i've seen yet in this thread, well done.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Hardly weak vs mages, sb3, fury,em,rampage and 15 % extra sists at l50. Get aom4 on that and it's just silly.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I can't speak from practical testing on this, since I don't play anylonger, but it seems like a good choice. Always wondered why I can't hit a tiny Luri with a Pole three times bigger than him while running after him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom