Votes: 40 23.0%
  • You'r a caster, and you think the fix beeing overdone

Votes: 42 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kados

Loyal Freddie
First of all, nice poll

I am playing both caster and melee classes and it seem to me that it is a very good bug fix. The lag strafing was really killing once spirit while playing a tank, however the fact that you need to get out of weaponrange and 1-200 units more, before you have a chance to avoid the pointy end of the weapons is wrong. Im sure the bugfix was made by the Mythic trainee. We might see it fixed futher, so that the lagstrafing is impossible and yet a tank is resctrited to his weaponrange.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
*I've been hit for over 900 by Motroconnu the cabalist on my skald with 26% body resistance and AoM2. 2 seconds later I was dead even though I have 2300+ HP.

*I've been hit for 1300 dmg by pbaoe from an eldritch/enchanter, with 26% energy resist, AoM2.

*I've been bolted to death by a wizard faster than I could hit IP2 or move, when pushing IP2 it said 'Can't use while dead', that's with 20% heat resist,AoM2 and 2100 HP before CL5.

I know it's rare, and casters need to be high rr to get this dmg, but it still does happen. Even 600 dmg per second means extremely quick death for a tank anyway. From 1500 range a cabalist can optimally nuke a tank 6 times before he reaches melee range, and that's 3600 dmg from 600 per nuke, not many tanks can survive that. That's why tanks are free rp for a caster at range. And that's why it's boring to play against casters for a tank.

Everz

FH is my second home
Dr_Evil said:
*I've been hit for over 900 by Motroconnu the cabalist on my skald with 26% body resistance and AoM2. 2 seconds later I was dead even though I have 2300+ HP.

*I've been hit for 1300 dmg by pbaoe from an eldritch/enchanter, with 26% energy resist, AoM2.

*I've been bolted to death by a wizard faster than I could hit IP2 or move, when pushing IP2 it said 'Can't use while dead', that's with 20% heat resist,AoM2 and 2100 HP before CL5.

I know it's rare, and casters need to be high rr to get this dmg, but it still does happen. Even 600 dmg per second means extremely quick death for a tank anyway. From 1500 range a cabalist can optimally nuke a tank 6 times before he reaches melee range, and that's 3600 dmg from 600 per nuke, not many tanks can survive that. That's why tanks are free rp for a caster at range. And that's why it's boring to play against casters for a tank.

would love to see a cabby constant nuke for 600 dmg.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Dr_Evil said:

hmm, I never die to a single caster while running to him, if that happened id ask the druids what actually happened. Did you have a proper resistbuff when that caba nuked you for 900+? Bolts hurt yep but you wear chain, use specAFbuff and you should see the damage drop with quite abit. I've gotten 2bolted many times on my chanter but never even close on any tank. 600 damage from a caba per second means low resists or no resistbuff, no doubt. Or actually 3 relics :) then i can see that damage beeing done but thats abnormal as hell tbh.

My endpoint here is, a tank isnt free RPs to a caster, not even close, pack up with good support and its amazing how long those fellas actually can keep one alive. Solo is a whole different story though and the game isnt really balanced around that at all. (hi moc3 sorcs and cabas and SMs etc..).

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
As BM I see lots of funny stuff every day, we met some random albs in HW and I got mezzed, what next happened was that some muppet named Mustrum runs up right infront of me and start nuking ppl behind me.. Im thinking: OK! IM A FUCKIGN FIRB BLADEMASTER FFS.. CANT YOU SEE THAT YOU FUCKING IDIOT!? Secs later ofc mez drops because im a stoicismtank with det4 so.. Mr Mustrum eats dirt ofc.

erm so i ran in front of you and nuked easy targets behind you ?.. i usually dont worry about a single tanks so much if we are playing aggesive coz our BGer is usually with me. its all about personal playstyle seems this time he wasnt..just because you wouldnt play that way doesnt mean its incorrect does it ?

now i dont know much about you .. i remember yr druid RR4 ? 5 ? and yr BM is RR6 ?
Shike said:
I mean, when ppl that unskilled get away with anything and manage to get high rank.
... erm doesnt make lota sence but ill try and translate. Your telling FH that you are Really skilled and got away with NOT geting a high RR ? :touch: go figure

as for topic of thread i think the nerf was a bit over the top but thats prolly coz i play a caster... but i do say its better than it used to be... i would rather see intrupt code fixed above anything tbh .. but i guess thats never gonna happen.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Wild said:
erm so i ran in front of you and nuked easy targets behind you ?.. i usually dont worry about a single tanks so much if we are playing aggesive coz our BGer is usually with me. its all about personal playstyle seems this time he wasnt..just because you wouldnt play that way doesnt mean its incorrect does it ?

Well, if im on my chanter or any other caster I have I wouldnt never really step right infront of an offensive light tank, thats just plain dumb and nothing but dumb. Your BGer wasnt even close to you so it shows how good your view of the fight is, aka, none.

Wild said:
now i dont know much about you .. i remember yr druid RR4 ? 5 ? and yr BM is RR6 ? ... erm doesnt make lota sence but ill try and translate. Your telling FH that you are Really skilled and got away with NOT geting a high RR ? :touch: go figure

huh? My druid is just 5L8 i think, my BM is rr7, my chanter rr8, my ranger rr6, my next druid rr6, my eld rr7, my NS rr7, my merc rr6, my wiz rr5 along with alot of deleted toons rr5-6 aswell and some other toons in mid, think im on around 12millions or so now totals. Why? Im not saying im skilled you muppet, learn to read. Im saying: when even idiots can reach high rr by playing like idiots, things are wrong and its about time it get alil fix somehow at least. Im usually just laughing when I see people play like you do, sad but true. Your rr should mean something, in your case it doesnt, a casual in rogs play on your level, thats what I mean. Sounds arrogant perhaps but.. I really think you can do better at your rank at least. I dont even know who the hell you are, I just took you as an example of a player that have played easymode for too long and gotten used to it, I actually laughed quite alot so cheers for the laugh at least. The price you pay is eating dirt, nothing wrong with that is it? Anyone with half a brain can calculate that the possibility of eating dirt vs a light tank as a caster when placing the butt right infront of him is.. quite high no? Its an arrogant playstyle that rely on one single thing, abusing OOR that has been ingame for way too long.

Wild said:
as for topic of thread i think the nerf was a bit over the top but thats prolly coz i play a caster... but i do say its better than it used to be... i would rather see intrupt code fixed above anything tbh .. but i guess thats never gonna happen.

Nerf? Its a fix, not an ideal one but it does its job at least which is the important.

Lethul

FH is my second home
i played merc for an entire rvr night and it was fun for a change from before! gone from interupt bot to lean mean killing (almost atleast ;p)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
i played merc for an entire rvr night and it was fun for a change from before! gone from interupt bot to lean mean killing (almost atleast ;p)

yip, kindof how it feels now, interruptbot was.. ok at best but its actually rly fun now :)

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
jfi-badge.jpg

Jimmy will fix it! xD

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Well, if im on my chanter or any other caster I have I wouldnt never really step right infront of an offensive light tank, thats just plain dumb and nothing but dumb. Your BGer wasnt even close to you so it shows how good your view of the fight is, aka, none.

Because if he ran away you would just have charged him, the people behind you would still have lived and he would have died as no caster can take a charge tank?
Imo he did the right thing and took people out asap instead of trying to run away and get killed by charge.

Shike said:
a player that have played easymode for too long and gotten used to it

Yeah all those 4-5 years Wizs been so OP it's sickening.

Shike said:
Anyone with half a brain can calculate that the possibility of eating dirt vs a light tank as a caster when placing the butt right infront of him is.. quite high no? Its an arrogant playstyle that rely on one single thing, abusing OOR that has been ingame for way too long.

And anyone with a functional brain knows that charge vs a caster is a 100% win, especially a caster with no speed or other kiting abilities.
I really would have loved to see how you would deal with the same situation on your Chanter when you had a Merc mezzed and some people behind the merc, Run away and get raped by charge or try and get the best out of it and killing a few people behind the Merc so you could /release with some RPs, tough choice really.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, i would have stopped at max range (as per usual), asked for assist, debuffed the merc, and killed it.... then killed the others, while an unbuffed merc tried to charge a caster and dent it.

Lethul

FH is my second home
stupeh said:
Personally, i would have stopped at max range (as per usual), asked for assist, debuffed the merc, and killed it.... then killed the others, while an unbuffed merc tried to charge a caster and dent it.

i would have done that too or go around the merc at a safe range 1200-1500 so you can see if he charges you :p depends abit on the situation i guess. i would never ever position myself on purpose withing 1000range from tank regardless of what is located behind him. then again im a chicken while playing casters! ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Because if he ran away you would just have charged him, the people behind you would still have lived and he would have died as no caster can take a charge tank?
Imo he did the right thing and took people out asap instead of trying to run away and get killed by charge.

he didnt kill anything at all :( and you get my point here mate, a caster cant really stand up to a chargetank. Tell Mustrum that and he will do alot better in the future. Be vary of light tanks, be afraid, treat em like fucking nukes that you dont want near you, thats what I would do unless I had my BGer right next to me for safety. And the funny thing here is, we actually lost the mez and he sprinted up and planted himself at my feets, nuking stuff in my grp behind me. Thats what im meaning here, it is a stupid place to run to! unless one enjoys getting creamed. Cant you see why I actually laughed? It was like serving a meal to a bear :p

Andrilyn said:

The stupid NF lag got into the game when.. tadaaa, NF came. Any caster had the upperhand vs any tank during that time. Wiz or manamenta, doesnt really matter.

Andrilyn said:
And anyone with a functional brain knows that charge vs a caster is a 100% win, especially a caster with no speed or other kiting abilities.
I really would have loved to see how you would deal with the same situation on your Chanter when you had a Merc mezzed and some people behind the merc, Run away and get raped by charge or try and get the best out of it and killing a few people behind the Merc so you could /release with some RPs, tough choice really.

Hum, how about no? If a caster places himself well, its not a 100% win. Overextend a tank and hes deadmeat unless he got aom5 and EM3. Eleasias is a dreaded nightmare when he comes to this, i fear him just because hes a pain in the arse to reach and position himself really really well normally. Thats how a caster should be played, namely: smart. Running up to a chargetank=death=not smart, ok? A fight can last for a very long time, there is plenty of time to do the kills and moving in too hastily often result in death, especially for a caster since they are so fragile.

On my chanter the first thing I actually do is kite back, if pets are in range I kill those, if a tank overextend I try to kill with the help of assisters because I cannot do it alone, not even a overpowered chanter can kill a good chargetank on his own unless the tank charges in faaaaaar too deep. A merc mezzed is nice, then I have plenty of time to kite away and get the hell outta his way, u know why? Lurikeen = target for an MA. The very same way I target theurgs and wizards first since they are squishy if I can reach them. Assist is the key, a wizard running in getting himself killed on the spot isnt an asset at all in any way and a rr9caster should know this, that is all im saying. Teamwork is one of the most important skills in DAoC, we had a small.. argument about that before and well, here we are again, tell me Andrilyn, exactly how does a wizard charging in for some RPs help his group by getting himself killed by a BM that doesnt have to move at all to reach? This is what im meaning. RPs or teamwork+winning fight.. hmm, tough choice. I never try to think individually when I play, that get me killed and my grp killed, I dont think about the RPs in a fight, that get me killed and my grp killed, I think about my group first and foremost unless I totally berzerk but then again, im on the right class to do so, on chanter i tiptap around and do my best to stay out of harms way while I do my thing, cooperating with other casters and the MA and kill stuff.

Tanks do what Mustrum did, charge in and try and do their thing, sometimes we get killed very quickly while doing so and well, a wizard isnt really suited at all for it, death is the only outcome vs any good grp for a wizard that plays like that. When he learns that, he will be a better wizard, the fix in 1.84 changed alot for casters, they have to learn to stay out of tanks way, if they dont they get splatted. Mustrum did a primeexample of what a caster shouldnt do, which is why I brought it up, sorry if you took it personal or something but frankly, he has to learn, the better he get, the better his grp whichever that is will get, the better the fight will be. Thats my logic in this. Some people tell me im strange though :)

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
kinda regret trying to defend myself tbh . but ive started so ill finish.

tbh i dont even know the situation when this happened ... was i in a FG or was i just running solo near a bridge .. either way ive always found every fight situational. standing infront of a light tank is a big no no and you'd "Never" do it on yr caster ? in any situation ? this comment really shows your lack of understanding of this game. everything is situational!! i do agree it isnt normal play of myself,90% of the time i usually kite back and try and go for a charging tanks or any casters that may try to flank us. if we get a good mes off id just start nuking as im MA maybe kite back a little depends on how close we are. other things factor, was mes won?... what classes purged? .. is the grp we are facing a tank heavy grp / caster grp? as i said situational !

lets say for instance..
casters in other grp were free casting and doing big damage on my grp directly the other side of tank and out of range, i wasnt intrupted and tank mesed .. need to shutdown the casters ASAP. In order to get them in cast range id had to go forward near a mesed light tank(no time to run around i want to stop the other caster ASAP). if i could get AE's off or even take one target down id do it. 80% of casters go down in 2 spec nukes and if i can save 1 or 2 grp members by doing so i belive it is the right move. you susgest kite round and watch 2/3 grp members die ? you susgest trying to kill the tank on my own when he is in range of his healing support ? all these things just cant be put down on paper.

but lets say i made a mistake and over extended when i shouldnt of done.got to close to you etc . yup i agree i do make mistakes in rvr and i can hold my hands up and say i cant remember what your on about and i may of feked up.. but was there any need to come on here .. yada yada FUCKING NOOB .. DOESNT DESERVE HIS RR >> PLAYS LIKE A ROG CASUAL>>MUPPET(muppet! are you still at school ?)
comming on here flaming like that really shows you have some serious issues i suspose ive helped you vent some anger for some reason though why i was the target for the anger i dont know. the fact that you stated you dont even know me shows youve based your entire flame on a one off situation. you my friend are one nasty fucker. and im a fool for trying to stand up for myself to one so childish.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Wild said:
kinda regret trying to defend myself tbh . but ive started so ill finish.

tbh i dont even know the situation when this happened ... was i in a FG or was i just running solo near a bridge .. either way ive always found every fight situational. standing infront of a light tank a big no no and you'd "Never" do it on yr caster ? in any situation ? this comment really shows your lack of understanding of this game. everything is situational!! i do agree it isnt normal play of myself,90% of the time i usually kite back and try and go for a charging tanks or any casters that may try to flank us. if we get a good mes off id just start nuking as im MA maybe kite back a little depends on how close we are. other things factor, was mes won?... what classes purged? .. is the grp we are facing a tank heavy grp / caster grp?

lets say for instance..
casters in other grp were free casting and doing big damage on my grp directly the other side of tank and out of range, i wasnt intrupted and tank mesed .. need to shutdown the casters ASAP. In order to get them in cast range id had to go forward near a mesed light tank(no time to run around i want to stop the other caster ASAP). if i could get AE's off or even take one target down id do it. 80% of casters go down in 2 spec nukes and if i can save 1 or 2 grp members by doing so i belive it is the right move. you susgest kite round and watch 2/3 grp members die ? you susgest trying to kill the tank on my own when he is in range of his healing support ? all these things just cant be put down on paper imo its all situational !

but lets say i made a mistake and over extended when i shouldnt of done.got to close to you etc . yup i agree i do make mistakes in rvr and i can hold my hands up and say i cant remember what your on about and i may of feked up.. but was there any need to come on here .. yada yada FUCKING NOOB .. DOESNT DESERVE HIS RR >> PLAYS LIKE A ROG CASUAL>>MUPPET(muppet! are you still at school ?)
comming on here flaming like that really shows you have some serious issues i suspose ive helped you vent some anger for some reason. the fact that you stated you dont even know me shows youve based your entire flame on a one off situation. you my friend are one nasty fucker. and im a fool for trying to stand up for myself to one so childish.

haha :D

nothing but <3 for you tbh, seriosly :)

regarding the highlighted, I know, and thanks. :>

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Btw, what rank did one need for mom5 aswell as WP5 now again? Add in dex3 and aa3 aswell, purge1 is a must and wow.. look what a highrankcaster we suddenly got here. Shit, didnt know all casters had all those goodies tbh... (yes, im sarcastic..)

Right cause theres such a shortage of high RR casters :twak:

Be interesting to compare how many RR10-13 spellcasters there is compared to how many RR10-13 heavy tanks there is.

Arthuria

Banned
Kagato said:
Right cause theres such a shortage of high RR casters :twak:

Be interesting to compare how many RR10-13 spellcasters there is compared to how many RR10-13 heavy tanks there is.
nah, rather how many high rr casters compared to heavy tank there is, who does not run in fg/grps usually

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Shike just need to stay off the GT's while on FH, and it will all be much calmer here :p

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
It's abit overdone, but still a good change.

Kagato said:
Apparently 900 + damage every second at 1800 + range (not counting high ground bonus) is not enough for some people, just occasionally, once in a while, a tank actually manages to hit them. After they have gotten through the self BT, brittle guard and pbt, oh and assuming of cause they are not guarded, bodyguarded or strafing. :( nerf the tanks.
My bainshee has mastery of magery 5 + spell dmg from clstaff,gov. And _with_ 50% body debuff from void eld I nuke for roughly 800~~. Wild power 5 = 40% crit chance. Cabalists cap their nukes on 600~~. I'm guessing it's pretty close on rms/chanters aswell(the only ones who debuff their own). So there's no caster that nukes for 900 50% of their nukes.
Try to use a necro in group and afdebuff a caster, then check your dmg and come back here. And if you ever played a caster you would be aware of the 10000000000 instantinterrupts in this game. If you hit a caster he cant nuke you (exception with moc/qc). + DET5 makes you basicly CC immune, so the only way to counter a tank is grapple or to kill it (hi 3khp+ heavy tank resist ability etc).

There are other ways to play this game then to run around solo with an overpowered class and spam abilities + anytime style (and still win vs most)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:

He's probably referring to those 5-6 months it takes for a zerging wiz-**** to add his way to RR10, backed up by 20 other friends.

You run to your bodyguard and the charge-tank will use his charge to run away. Standing *NEXT* to a Blademaster, which anyone knows has a very easy to pull off stun is just stupid.

Shows really what the game is about lately. 'Im not fighting to win, Im just here to try and kill a few people and release with a few RP's'. Moment you see a mercenary mezzed, you back off. Its not thát hard to do that ?

Gramas

Loyal Freddie
This is like daoc should be......for no reason(o yes,goa reason)here,for 1.5 years,you could not hit anything..you lost to much meele dps etc

FUNNY!

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
after all the boosts and nerfs the casters and tanks has got i think most people will agree that casters are the ones who are the most wanted and the ones who have benefitted the most, I have a merc and i say this boost is a good thing, not because it jsut benefits me but its about time a tanks that is lose to a caster should be able to take it down quickly seeing as it's hard for a tank to get in melee range of a caster before dropping below 20% as it is.

Now ofcourse there could have been more relistic things, I agree that the luri on the screenshot shouldn't be able to hit you unless she has stretchable arms, but then again, shouldn't someone who fights all day and trains his body have more endurance than someone who reads through spellbooks? or shouldn't he have stronger legs which can make him run faster? This is not the case as the game would be unbalanced that way.
Adding higher melee range may look stupid but as long as long as a caster can sprint as long and run as fast as a tank its as relistic as anything.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I haven't really played since they changed it, and I believe that fixing melee lag is great, even if it's overdone, as tanks were at a great disadvantage compared to casters before, and any kind of boost is a good thing in my book.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Heta said:
Shike just need to stay off the GT's while on FH, and it will all be much calmer here :p

hehe, GT rocks tbh :)

:drink:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
There are other ways to play this game then to run around solo with an overpowered class and spam abilities + anytime style (and still win vs most)

The differance between me and most other people replying here, is that I can just pick faults with arguements and contribute my own counter arguement without having to insult, degrade or make any kind of attack or comment against you, me or anyone else I happen to be replying too.

You and most others seem incable of replying without having to insult another persons playstyle, class or person in the same breath.

It really is rather sad to see.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
The differance between me and most other people replying here, is that I can just pick faults with arguements and contribute my own counter arguement without having to insult, degrade or make any kind of attack or comment against you, me or anyone else I happen to be replying too.

You and most others seem incable of replying without having to insult another persons playstyle, class or person in the same breath.

It really is rather sad to see.

except his post is true. your own personal faults as a player lead to you whining about balance, completely exaggerating the situation in the progress. it makes no sence ;)

degradation (sp?) or truth, people can decide for themself :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Im suprised you can see/kill anything with your screen that dark....do you live in caves?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Im suprised you can see/kill anything with your screen that dark....do you live in caves?
I'm not surprised to see you spouting bullshit again, artificial brightening with either gfx card drivers (atleast in Omega) and stuff doesnt actually show up in the screenshots.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
except his post is true. your own personal faults as a player lead to you whining about balance, completely exaggerating the situation in the progress. it makes no sence ;)

degradation (sp?) or truth, people can decide for themself :p

True is a matter of opinion, opinions I pick faults with, no people themselves, resorting to that just shows immaturity and an inability to deal with people who disagree with you.

Much like yourself right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom