Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's a pointless waste of everyone's time. They fucked it by making sure it went to those with the largest brown envelope, so all serious nations fucked it off.

It should just be binned off for now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
/me goes looking for some Arsenal fans.......

Gray

FH is my second home
I'm so far quite enjoying United's "We're back baby!" after one victory...

... Only to go right back to losing the very next match

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm so far quite enjoying United's "We're back baby!" after one victory...

... Only to go right back to losing the very next match

Although I'm not sure even MU fans actually believed that BS.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go on Lollerpool, show the Europa League how it is done......

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Go on Lollerpool, show the Europa League how it is done......
Finished work and turned on for the last ten minutes. Can't believe that goal was ruled out for handball - it was a full 9 separate actions before the goal went in.

Talk about not VAR "not re-refereeing the game" :rolleyes:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Finished work and turned on for the last ten minutes. Can't believe that goal was ruled out for handball - it was a full 9 separate actions before the goal went in.

Talk about not VAR "not re-refereeing the game" :rolleyes:
Yeh maybe but for over 90 minutes Lollerpool were utter shite.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Yeh maybe but for over 90 minutes Lollerpool were utter shite.
We'll top our group.

Glad I took the opportunity to work late and get my shit done. Bike ride tomorrow in the rain. But then, a shit day on the bike is better than a great day in the office :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cor, go on Man Shitty women against Man Unitshit.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I promise I didn't rage rant bringing down the forum
Tis ok, rant away, I am busy installing additional resources to handle the increase in rage.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dear o fucking dear, what a clusterfuck by Man Unitshit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
I promise I didn't rage rant bringing down the forum
I think you'll be fine. You're playing well enough that you'll pull yourselves out of there by xmas.

It was what, 30 million in the red or something? So what is shitty and chelski gonna get?

Juve got dumped for match fixing. But sneaky payments and inflated "sponsorship" through shell companies is the same thing.

Gray

FH is my second home
It was a lot of bullshittery to deduct that amount of points, however it looks like they appealed immediately and might have a good chance at reducing the damage.

If we don't though and it remains at 10 points, it could have been a lot worse had the teams fighting relegation this season actually being "decent". There's still a long way to go but I think we have massively lucked out with it happening this season.

We've played well, really well. A couple of wins and we'll leave them in the dust behind us. Man United could experience a quite volatile atmosphere next week!

I like how this is reshining a light on the likes of City and Chelsea though, the Premier League have done absolutely dick against them even with a significantly higher amount of alleged charges

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like how this is reshining a light on the likes of City and Chelsea though, the Premier League have done absolutely dick against them even with a significantly higher amount of alleged charges
This is what irritates me, Everton have been "bad" their balance sheet is shocking, but it's not anywhere near the same level as City and Chelsea, who do it season in, season out, except they just pump in a new shoelace sponsor deal or whatever.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Gray sorry to say it, but Leeds are one of a handful of clubs reportedly trying to sue Everton over this all too....

Gray

FH is my second home
Haaa so I've seen. All bluster I'm sure, we were terrible but the other 3 teams below should have been marginally better.

If anything, perhaps the team placed in 17th could have a right to quarrel, but when it looks like they're factoring in the stadium build and inclusive of that, we were only over the maximum by £20m or something?

But again, if that happens will that once more set a precedent for the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal to expect something from the times Man City have pipped them to the title.

But as I seen elsewhere, we might have been absolutely fine as we could have very easily have pulled a Chelsea/City with sponsors - Just we ended up once more on the losing end as we lost our Russian oligarch who was due to sponsor the stadium! Damn you Putin!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jesus christ, watching the England match, are we really that bad??

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Actually watched the match today. Meh. Fair result. But I don't get where they got eight minutes of extra time.

Eight minutes! I remember everybody being flabberghasted by six, "yes six!" minutes of extra time for United in the CL final.

VAR has made eight minutes of extra time seem normal. But the game was good, there were hardly any cards, hardly any stoppages. Eight minutes is a joke. Still feels like they're playing long-term for advertising during the match to me.

I haven't been for a bike ride, which is what I should have done.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Chelsea doing a Chelsea, play well against City then not turning up against an injury plagued Newcastle side.

Added to that a player in James who looks nothing like what he once did, he is now either injured or getting stupidly sent off.... certainly not captain material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom