Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Endless whinge.
VAR is endless shitness.

Lots of different people saying it's shit, should be scrapped, that it could never solve the problems that it promised it could solve.

And they're all being proven correct.

Embattle

FH is my second home
VAR is endless shitness.

Lots of different people saying it's shit, should be scrapped, that it could never solve the problems that it promised it could solve.

And they're all being proven correct.

No it isn't.

No they're not, no it shouldn't and it never stated it would solve all problems and people moaned before VAR and after VAR.

Plus I hate to tell you, that goal would of still been ruled offside without VAR as the on field was offside.

You've whinged from the beginning of VAR and like too many fans you whinged before VAR so just a repetition of what you always did.

No matter how many posts you do regarding it, it isn't going any where.

Self-destructing idiot.

Just confirmation of what an overwhelming tosser he is and always was.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of your earlier gripes was how it removes the element of human fallibility well here you are :D
I'm OK with refs fucking up on the field. I'd totally have taken a poor offside decision. But a poor offside decision, with a ref, a linesman and two VAR people who also fuck it up? That's unacceptable.

Add to all that it takes away (immediacy etc.) it's just not fucking worth it. Everything I said about it is bang-on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I mean, considering managers and representatives of football clubs can apparently get fined for saying bad stuff about VAR's existence, he's being nicely diplomatic:

Asked whether he would get rid of VAR, the Spurs manager said: "I would, in its current form. I just don't think that technology's ready for our game.

"I just think with VAR at the moment, we think it's going to eliminate [errors] and the more we use it, I think the worse it's going to get.

"It was there for the clear and obvious error. It seems like everything now. Yellow cards, fouls, corners, everything's getting scrutinised. It's not our game.

"We're not rugby, we don't have those stoppages. What I always loved about England was the frenetic pace of football.

"Why are we trying to take that out?

But he's joining a long long queue of people who want football to be put back how it was. I.E. Not broken.

In answer to his last question? Advertising. It's a long term play for advertising. I've been saying it all along and in maybe 20 years I'll be borne out right (it's the last thing - everything else I've said has worked out true). Everyone will be used to the long delays, and they'll be able to fuck adverts into the most valuable advertising space in the world.

Last edited:

Gray

FH is my second home
I've been quite pleased with the past few weeks since the transfer window closed, with the exception of last week and the absolutely horrific showing against Luton, We've looked decent.

Who knew that picking up a few strikers could improve things so vastly.

It's obviously still early doors, but while we may (have been) poor, thankfully it looks like there is a lot worse teams under us, like Luton Bournemouth, Burnley and Sheffield for one.

The only concern is I believe this FFP hearing is concluding soon about us, it would probably be a massive injustice if we're docked points when others have taken greater liberties

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That was nice, just had a call from Francesco, he is sat in his seat at Wembley. Gave me a virtual tour of his seat and view. Dad mode kicked in "Francesco, remember keep your fucking mouth shut and ignore anything anyone says to you that will wind you up."

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That was nice, just had a call from Francesco, he is sat in his seat at Wembley. Gave me a virtual tour of his seat and view. Dad mode kicked in "Francesco, remember keep your fucking mouth shut and ignore anything anyone says to you that will wind you up."
Fuck me Francesco is on a roll tonight, just sent me a picture of him and Zola. Fucking Italians always getting everywhere....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking eyeties.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well we were given the shaft today on refereeing decisions, load of bollocks, nothing at all in our favour

Liverpool were completely dominant so were rightly winners, but every little thing went in favour of them.

Keane again is an absolute tragedy

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like it's starting to be confirmed by media outlets now. It's a shame, I know he's been ill for several years but he's always kept Everton close to him.
We didn't get a trophy he desired, but we did have an incredibly successful period under his watch, hopefully the events of recent seasons hasn't doured that

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Football manager players. Wait a while, it's broken.

It's insane. Worth noting, the only reason I sold Kane was because some random Saudi team bid 120m for him, which I refused, then he got all emotional about it, best I could do with the situation.

Sold Son for 120m in the xmas window, to Saudi, because lol.

Untitled.png

Won the FA cup too.

Untitled2.png

Only loss was freak 2.0 home disaster vs UTD. Edit, and I lost on pens in the 3rd round of the league cup, brought to you by Thailand's second favourite energy drink, to Villa, with a fully rotated squad.

Doing a Chelsea save now, it's even weirder.

Last edited:

Gray

FH is my second home
At first I thought this was a fake Twitter account, pretending to be the ex-Mayor of Liverpool.

He left in disgrace after a few shady dealings if memory serves, but after looking at the responses and his posting history, it's legit him. Time and place and that certainly wasn't it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-25-08-58-17-353_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-25-08-58-17-353_com.twitter.android.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 8

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Time and place and that certainly wasn't it
Actually, if your mate was seriously hurt by totally unfair allegations and accusations, if his heart had been broken by a group of people, then upon his death seems a very good time to say "fuck you".

You're right tho. Anderson was a cunt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
At first I thought this was a fake Twitter account, pretending to be the ex-Mayor of Liverpool.

He left in disgrace after a few shady dealings if memory serves, but after looking at the responses and his posting history, it's legit him. Time and place and that certainly wasn't it

"shady" wasn't he basically bent?

Not sure why anyone cares what he has to say.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be because of building the new stadium.

I don't really understand how private capital expenditure on infrastructure can really be included in FFP. If a rich bloke wants to build a big stadium for a club then maybe that's not really something we should be discouraging as it's lasting spend?

Gray

FH is my second home
I don't know if 12 points is the maximum but it would be unlikely to surely happen? I am liking though that this is shining a massive light on Man City as surely they should be first and foremost at the front of it before they even get around to the likes of Everton.

We did make some silly stupid transfers, with long high wage contracts. One came up yesterday I think, Gbamin. Injured virtually as soon as he came to us... £20m in wages over 4 years, but he waived the last year of his contract for £5m. Generous.

But yeah, it sounds like a whole lot of scaremongering

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom