Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Not pleased France are out, but at least it was a good game against the Spanish.

I worry for the UK if they get into the final against Spain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
First half was good. Second half a yawnfest. But well done :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I actually think England have played OK here so far.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Having scored it seems we returned to trying to get to extra time or something.

Yet they scored and we go back to attack again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. Agree.

Too negative tbh. Hey ho. Spain deserved it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah. Agree.

Too negative tbh. Hey ho. Spain deserved it.

I didn't buy into some people thinking Southgate was some sort of genius post Netherlands game, we had an easy group and the easier side of the draw and yet we just about managed to fall over the winning line each time. He was a defensive player who picked the same team again and again and they always seemed too defensive.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I'm now bald and suffering from PTSD.

I'm not sure how we got to the final, let alone win it all considering our route that included Croatia, Italy, Germany and France.

I think it's more enjoyable to watch when your team isn't participating.

Gray

FH is my second home
When that goal line clearance happened in the final few minutes, oh my days. Our goal was cracking though, the lay off was stunning.

I must say Kane has had an absolute dire run though, I didn't see much effort from him especially when he had balls coming to him from all angles, I don't think his feet left the ground for any of them.

Each time he went off we ended up improving quite significantly, albeit throughout the competition he was only subbed once we were in a losing position.

The individuals we have are all world class, but Southgate has made them play like minnows. We had the easier run to the final, but we made each match a complete embarrassment.

There was talk of Southgate leaving now, it's the right time surely. We need to bring someone else in who can freshen it up. I'm really concerned though that he's going to be talked into signing a new contract which would be horrific.

I don't know if Klopp has ever signalled that he would do international management, I understand he wants rest hence leaving Liverpool, but surely managing an international team is a walk in the park compared to day to day club management.

I can't think of many others, Tuchel? Mour... Nahhh

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When that goal line clearance happened in the final few minutes, oh my days. Our goal was cracking though, the lay off was stunning.

I must say Kane has had an absolute dire run though, I didn't see much effort from him especially when he had balls coming to him from all angles, I don't think his feet left the ground for any of them.

Each time he went off we ended up improving quite significantly, albeit throughout the competition he was only subbed once we were in a losing position.

The individuals we have are all world class, but Southgate has made them play like minnows. We had the easier run to the final, but we made each match a complete embarrassment.

There was talk of Southgate leaving now, it's the right time surely. We need to bring someone else in who can freshen it up. I'm really concerned though that he's going to be talked into signing a new contract which would be horrific.

I don't know if Klopp has ever signalled that he would do international management, I understand he wants rest hence leaving Liverpool, but surely managing an international team is a walk in the park compared to day to day club management.

I can't think of many others, Tuchel? Mour... Nahhh
The USMNT ("America" to normal people) tried to get Klopp after they sacked their coach last week but he rejected them. I think he really does want some time away from coaching but he signed up for some ambassadorial role at Liverpool so he might not have even been available.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't know if Klopp has ever signalled that he would do international management
If Southgate stays on until next spring, Klopp'd probably take over then...

Unless Germany came calling...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
24/25 fantasy football is up.
my fantasy is that they give it a break for a year. Maybe scrap VAR and mix all the players in the league up.

It'd be good to see Van Dijk play for Exmouth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom