FH is my second home
Been waiting 10-14 days for that "fairytale" match
Bloody waste of days!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Been waiting 10-14 days for that "fairytale" match
Bloody waste of days!
5 points. You should be able to make that up on Luton over the season tbh. I think you're better than that.

Gray

FH is my second home
Looking back at the match now on Match of the Day, I think the result has greatly flattered United.
We had many good chances but today wasn't meant to be. I'm still not wholly worried, there's worse teams around us still

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That Garnacho goal should have earned them 3 points alone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sin bins for footie:

I will be honest with you, I am very surprised football are doing it... I was a bit surprised when football went to VAR, and I am not sure how much they realised they were letting the genie out of the bottle

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Just take the hit, ffs. -10 points won't send them down this season, put it all behind you and move on.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Burnley: Hold my pint.

I commented on my soccer whatsapp chat that Everton were lucky that PL had 3 teams incapable of winning games at the bottom, so Everton should be safe. Now I'm not so sure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just looked at Everton's last 6 game form - it's as good as Newcastles.

Nothing to see here.

Gray

FH is my second home
The visit down under was short and sweet, but that was a fantastic second half performance.
Looking at Betos' goal i thought that looked a mile offside, but great for him to get his first goal.
Best time to play them, likewise we might be good for Chelsea too

Gray

FH is my second home
Chances for making Europe?!
I thought Luton were going to pull off a typical win when we needed some ground, glad City finally found how to win games again. Burnley next, so that should be another good win for us I hope

Marc

FH is my second home
Chances for making Europe?!
I thought Luton were going to pull off a typical win when we needed some ground, glad City finally found how to win games again. Burnley next, so that should be another good win for us I hope

Ive watched the last 4 games and Everton are actually playing some really good football. Its a disservice to use the "dogs of war" tag because they are so much more than that. James Garner, what a player! I know its easy for rival fans to dismiss him but he is absolutely top drawer. United should have got rid of the "give the ball away with every pass" McTominay and Fernandes and kept Garner. The wide players can actually cut inside or deliver a cross and whilst hes not scoring, Calvert Lewins play is actually sublime and exactly what you want from a 9.

Not many teams will fancy playing Everton

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not many teams will fancy playing Everton
Agree with this. I think they'll finish just outside europe places.

Now, all I want is Lollerpool's forward line to start firing and we can lose gracefully to City*. Again :eek:

*To be fair, probably the Arse too.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well, yesterday evening was probably the harshest lesson that Amadou Onana will ever face - Don't be a soft twat when taking the last, most important penalty of the match.

Seeing the videos of it, my god. He won't be doing that ever again I'm sure

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

So, part of me says this shouldn't make a difference, but another part of me says that it obviously will make a difference to the behaviour of the players. And if it makes behavioural difference, then that's a difference.

You could argue it'd be positive behaviour. But someone'll transgress at some point and the outrage will be outsize because it'll be a woman on the end of a verbal assault.

When I breathe in, I realise I don't care that much. But there's a little part of me that thinks why don't women referee women's games and men referee mens. But yeah, another first. And I'd have all-women officials, ball girls and cram 'em in wherever we can if it meant we could get rid of VAR.

Gray

FH is my second home
Blimey, every single result in the 3pm's have gone completely against us.
There's a first

Gray

FH is my second home
For some reason I thought Bournemouth were still trash this season, but actually they've been doing really well, so that result worked out at least.

Even though we lost against Tottenham, we fought incredibly well still. I can understand frustrations with VAR against our disallowed goal, the referee had a complete view of the "incident" and chose not to pull up on it, therefore VAR shouldn't have intervened...

Oh, that last minute goal clearance though. FML

The wheels have truly fallen off Newcastle, the hell is going on with them recently... They've surely got a decent squad depth

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
For some reason I thought Bournemouth were still trash this season, but actually they've been doing really well, so that result worked out at least.

Even though we lost against Tottenham, we fought incredibly well still. I can understand frustrations with VAR against our disallowed goal, the referee had a complete view of the "incident" and chose not to pull up on it, therefore VAR shouldn't have intervened...

Oh, that last minute goal clearance though. FML

The wheels have truly fallen off Newcastle, the hell is going on with them recently... They've surely got a decent squad depth
I thought we were lucky to win against you, we were pretty pap from about 30 minutes in and you created several good chances. I don't disagree with the disallowed goal though - a foul's a foul. The criticism should be aimed at the ref and the linesman for missing it in real time tbh.

Newcastle are burned out, Howe has been picking pretty much the same squad multiple times a week for ages. Trippier in particular has made several mistakes leading to goals (at least 4 or 5 that I can think of over the last month). Their 17 year old, Lewis Miley, has done tremendously well though. Basically thrown into the first team out of desperation due to their injuries and he hasn't looked out of place at all.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't know how lollerpool are going to do with both their left backs out with broken shoulders,/collarbones.

Gomez is too leaky at the back as a replacement - he's good going forward but is error prone.

And with our front line misfiring (Salah or nobody really, Jota also being injured) then when Salah fucks off in January we lose the up-front too. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gomez is a third-best CB that does a 3rd best job, anywhere across the back 4. Very handy player.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well, another week and another VAR/refereeing controversy against Everton. We could get run down by a truck running a red light and VAR still wouldn't send it off.

The problem might be, we're not as loud with the criticism as our neighbours or those at the top of the league, it's just being left for social media and pundits to point out the errors so because nothing official goes in it's swept under the rug.

Red cards that aren't, being grappled in the box and refused penalties... And I'm hearing in the next fortnight potentially more issues surrounding FFP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom