stealthers

D

december_rain

How come there is like a shit load more high lvl infls and sbs
then ns`s ? and "last weeks rps" is dominated by sbs and infls over ns`s.. fair question since im just wondering.

**not a whine**

H

herjulf

Also and this may be true for some not all, there is am matter of transportation.

the main RvR area have become emain, which both midgard and most shurely Alb have a short travel to. (amg being the main choke point).

While Hib assasains have to travel quite lenghty to reach it, this is for shure a contributing factor.

Then ofc powerlvling may be one factor.

O

old.fatbelly

its faster for hibs to get to amg than for mid, with an average porting time of 5 min wait.. but it sucks to run instead of afk on pad.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by december_rain
How come there is like a shit load more high lvl infls and sbs
then ns`s ? and "last weeks rps" is dominated by sbs and infls over ns`s.. fair question since im just wondering.

**not a whine**

No idea, I just got ganked by some lame ass retarded NS grouping with another lame ass retarded ns...
Names started with Cyclone or something, and the last month of the year...

There are more albs and mids than hibs, so that is part one.
Part 2 is that till a decent rr lvl ns suck pretty badly (you kind of need ap to live).
For the rest there is nothing wrong at all with decent rr ns's.
Regards, Glottis

D

december_rain

Re: Re: stealthers

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
No idea, I just got ganked by some lame ass retarded NS grouping with another lame ass retarded ns...
Names started with Cyclone or something, and the last month of the year...

There are more albs and mids than hibs, so that is part one.
Part 2 is that till a decent rr lvl ns suck pretty badly (you kind of need ap to live).
For the rest there is nothing wrong at all with decent rr ns's.
Regards, Glottis

ur drunk or old ? cant really figure out what u wanted 2
say there in u post m8, want 2 explain ?

A

Aussie-

ns : imo best assassin.
ranger: imo best archer
How come there is like a shit load more high lvl infls and sbs then ns`s ?
guess :m00:

K

K0nah

How come "last weeks rps" is dominated by sbs and infls over ns`s.. fair question since im just wondering.

cos nighshades make fg's with rangers and camp amg/hmg in odins and zerg soloers all the time for 50rps each because they cant be arsed to run to emain to get ganked by a similarly sized alb/mid stealther force?

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Aussie-
ns : imo best assassin.
ranger: imo best archer
ns might be best assasin (altho df is evul ;x) but imo scouts are better archers, uber defence, good (decent, or whatever) mellee and leet bow dmg (prolly bc most rangers spec 40bow ><)

A

Aussie-

bow from ranger and scout is the same, both access to 5.5 bows
rangers have even better bowdmg then scouts because of dmg add (if you spec it)
melee from ranger: duel wield vs shield ... , scouts vunrable to pierce and AP access. HMMM guess who'd win ;X

ranger > scout

K

K0nah

Re: Re: Re: stealthers

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
good (decent, or whatever) mellee

i think the word your looking for is 'shite'

S

Sharp Thing

bow from ranger and scout is the same, both access to 5.5 bows
rangers have even better bowdmg then scouts because of dmg add (if you spec it)
melee from ranger: duel wield vs shield ... , scouts vunrable to pierce and AP access. HMMM guess who'd win ;X

ranger > scout
dmg add is broken and scales with range, you got dual wield, so you lose shield => no defense but evade 3, fighting vs infils you hardly evade at all, so you get hit allot. scouts have an anytime 9sec stun wich can be used to escape etc, rangers have no such thing exept that speedboost wich breaks on everything, even bleed ticks. and rangers ussually have lower bow spec so less bow dmg

D

december_rain

Originally posted by K0nah
cos nighshades make fg's with rangers and camp amg/hmg in odins and zerg soloers all the time for 50rps each because they cant be arsed to run to emain to get ganked by a similarly sized alb/mid stealther force?

shouldnt it be the same 4 albs/mids who camping mmg/amg
in emain then with their zergs ?

A

Aussie-

scouts have an anytime 9sec stun
it's purgable,full melee fight with all RAs up , the scout is dead, nothing you can do against AP3

ranger > scout

S

Sharp Thing

it's purgable,full melee fight with all RAs up , the scout is dead, nothing you can do against AP3

ranger > scout
you got free ap2+ shield spec, so you got better defence and thats free :>

G

Glottis_Xanadu

you got free ap2+ shield spec, so you got better defence and thats free :>

How odd...
Lets see.
I get lucky, and I land my slam (no to hit bonus) and do 150hp damage. I then get even luckier, and the lame sb or ns does not have purge ready. Great, I get one free critshot (600-800hp damage). Oh, ffs, the SB has more than 1k hp left...

Great, I start hitting the SB using my thrust styles (29 thrust spec, had to go 42 shield for the slam) doing a massive 80-100hp damage every 2-3s. Oddly enough, the sb is hacking away at me for about 3 times the damage. Luckily, my IP is up, and so with the SB at around 40% hp left, I use IP. Sadly, the SB proceeds to gank the crap out of me, and leaves me dead with 20% hp left.

Story would be more or less the same for an NS really.
A ranger will gank the crap out of me in straight melee, and so will a hunter (strongest archer class in the game imho).
Offense owns defense in this game really, just look at the savages raping anything in their path (well, their advanced evade is a tad silly).
So right now, Hunters own Rangers who own Scouts under normal circumstances.
And all you idiot hib and mid stealthers do is bitch about Albs zerging while you guys do it 20 times more. Don't get near the amg and you won't get zerged by Alb stealthers...
Regards, Glottis

S

Sharp Thing

How odd...
Lets see.
I get lucky, and I land my slam (no to hit bonus) and do 150hp damage. I then get even luckier, and the lame sb or ns does not have purge ready. Great, I get one free critshot (600-800hp damage). Oh, ffs, the SB has more than 1k hp left...

Great, I start hitting the SB using my thrust styles (29 thrust spec, had to go 42 shield for the slam) doing a massive 80-100hp damage every 2-3s. Oddly enough, the sb is hacking away at me for about 3 times the damage. Luckily, my IP is up, and so with the SB at around 40% hp left, I use IP. Sadly, the SB proceeds to gank the crap out of me, and leaves me dead with 20% hp left.

A ranger will gank the crap out of me in straight melee, and so will a hunter (strongest archer class in the game imho).
Offense owns defense in this game really, just look at the savages raping anything in their path (well, their advanced evade is a tad silly).
And all you idiot hib and mid stealthers do is bitch about Albs zerging while you guys do it 20 times more. Don't get near the amg and you won't get zerged by Alb stealthers...
Regards, Glottis
one who lasts longer ussually wins the fight. anyway from playing my ranger i found out scouts tend to be harder then hunters and ussually make short work of other assasins when played right (somthing you stil gotta learn glottis)

L

liloe

yes I can agree that slam is not such a big helper when fighting other stealth classes, but I don't agree that rangers are the best archer classes. This post has derived to a "you got that ability and therefore you win" whine. It mostly depends on how experienced you are in playing a certain char. Lately I swiched for fun with a chanter and we both sucked. I couldn't kill much (in the middle of a zerg, MoC up) and his barding wasn't good either.

It also depends on the kind of ranger you're meeting. A buffbotted tankranger can kick the crap outta you and will take lots of hits before falling. I myself will try a more sniper oriented template with the use of PF (that's also cause I got no buffbot - bb's suck imho).

Usually I don't meet many stealthers as bard but from what I've seen, scouts seem to be better in bowing than mids, but worse in melee cause ofthe hunters big spear (which is dex based, as bonus). Infils and sb's r pretty the same I think, but not to sure about that, didn't get PA'd that often.

Anyways, my explanation to december's question is, that there are other, more common/interesting classes to play in Hibernia. For instance enchanters/ments and bards have gotten lots of new members recently. In my opinion a lot of shades are just the product of boredness upon reaching a certain RR (which won't happen to albs <evil grin> )

Well happy guessing =)

O

old.Emma

How odd...
Lets see.

Regards, Glottis

you melee is shite because your weaponskill is shite, which comes from the fact you have 29+what ever thrust.

You honestly cant expect to hit hard in melee and retain your 1000+ crit shots and slam can you o_O

Here`s a tip YOU DONT HAVE to spec LB to 50 you know. 40 is fine 45 is fine but 50 your wasting points there.

I

Imon

Originally posted by old.Emma

You honestly cant expect to hit hard in melee and retain your 1000+ crit shots and slam can you o_O

yes he can... belive me
else sbs would be overpowered^^

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Imon
yes he can... belive me
else sbs would be overpowered^^

dont get me started on the SB thing i know exactly where they stand and looking up at the others is starting to hurt my neck.

G

Gregstah

Originally posted by K0nah

hahaha, and alb or mid doesnt do that? albs are the lamest stealthers ever imo, no offence 2 any1 but damn u camp amg like fly's!

u dont know how 2 go and solo, at least duo with no others around, or like i ran last time 2 mmg, and i saw like 10 stealthers with me, i said "Strong Stesalth zerg" and there were 5 ppl yelling" im solo" or "we are duo" lol

was fun tho :)

G

Gregstah

Imo Rangers are more melee bowman thingy then scouts and hunters are...

50% of rangers spec 44 in weap and 10-20% spec 50 weap

more then 70% got 40 bow, its a decent spec, maybe the dmg aint high but they can melee alot harder, they can easy melee inf 2 death if they are speced right and go tp, ap etc etc etc :p

scouts got uber dmg with bow since most of em spec 45+

tho scouts melee like shite! :p

and NS's are very nice stelathers, can easy run away and hide most places if they are luri's very fun 2 play and not 2 overpowered as inf's DF :p

at low rr they suck and go in FG's :p but rr6+ NS really hurts and most stealthers flee from em :)

just take cyclodia hehe

K

kin

Scout armor = weak trust, neutral slash, resist crush.
Scout shield = 1/2 because of dw.
Scout evade = 1/2 because of dw.
Scout = no speed spell (which can be used very well).
Scout = no pet to interrupt and do xtra damage.
Scout melee damage output at equal spec < hunters and ranger.
Scout bow damage = ranger > hunter (only critshoots is worse on a hunter)
Scout = no decent styles in trustline compared to pierce.
Scout = no access to ap.

These are facts and the advantage scouts has is slam and some blocking(remeber 1/2 against dw).

A good specced and played ranger is a lot better archer than a scout. Maybe some rangers feel they get whopped hard, but thats because of infils, not scouts.

E

-evull-

I'll trade my sb for your ns every day dude, ok? ;D

Users who are viewing this thread