Games Sony Move in action

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seems rather, well, hard way to play games.

Atleast that game showed no real use for it.

Sure it's a bit more like having a mouse, but shooters on consoles have solved that problem ages ago.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Didn't seem accurate enough for me personally but I can see it catching on with the unwashed masses and that is where the money is.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I think Natal/Kinect will be more of a winner to be honest that waving glowing dildo's around.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think Natal/Kinect will be more of a winner to be honest that waving glowing dildo's around.

I dunno Doc, you usually love it when I assault you with a glowing dildo and it is alot cheaper than Kinect is going to be!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Neither of them look like something i'd bother with. Maybe when 3D is more affordable and they combine them well it'll be good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Neither of them look like something i'd bother with. Maybe when 3D is more affordable and they combine them well it'll be good.

You are a fucking student, they aren't aimed at you. The people who are chasing your money are breweries and kebab/pizza shops!

The people they are after are fat fuckers with screaming kids and loads of spare cash. :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Seems rather, well, hard way to play games.

Atleast that game showed no real use for it.

Sure it's a bit more like having a mouse, but shooters on consoles have solved that problem ages ago.

Agreed - looks kind of shit, at least with that game. It was kind of mouse pointy (but a stupid lit microphone/slonger) I have something for acting like a mouse pointer thingy, what's it called again?

Oh yeah, a mouse. :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So what's the difference from the Wii controllers?
This is all very whatever to me, I'm waiting for fully immersive HUD displays
with full peripheral vision, then I can kiss the real world goodbye.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
So what's the difference from the Wii controllers?
This is all very whatever to me, I'm waiting for fully immersive HUD displays
with full peripheral vision, then I can kiss the real world goodbye.

Move is more accurate (even more than motion+), and it has a publisher behind it who wants to make proper games.

I really can't see myself ever buying into Move, but I'm sure it'll destroy the dualshock 3 for games like SOCOM4 and Killzone 3. Not quite a mouse, but it's a step in that direction.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It isn't accurate, watch the SOCOM 4 vid, that guys has been practicing for weeks and he was shit even with the aim assist on. It just won't work well enough for games of that type. They need to bin this stuff for those type of games and give us proper mouse support.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Just because someone sucks at a game doesn't mean the controller isn't accurate. Put some console gamer on a PC with a mouse and see how shit he is. Would you then say a mouse isn't good? :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Didn't look fluid enough, but might be the game. Shooters on consoles are an abomination anyways.

The graphics on Socom4 are fucking awesome? Or is it just my poor non HD-ready eyes?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It looks ok, probably using the MAG engine which means it'll be passable but not amazing.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just because someone sucks at a game doesn't mean the controller isn't accurate. Put some console gamer on a PC with a mouse and see how shit he is. Would you then say a mouse isn't good? :)

lol. Seriously, he is developing the game, he works with it everyday. If he can't pull it off convincingly then you know it has issues. That controller just won't do for those type of games.

Your comparison in invaild, the bloke demoing the game has had plenty of practice and yet his efforts have not convinced many. The controls seemed plain sluggish compared to mouse, even compared to pad but the accuracy was way off even with aim assist on.

Be honest, you really don't want to be playing shooters with anything other than a keyboard/mouse do you? I know I don't. :p I can cope with a pad but given a choice it would be in a bin and replaced with the keyboard/mouse everytime.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You are a fucking student, they aren't aimed at you. The people who are chasing your money are breweries and kebab/pizza shops!

The people they are after are fat fuckers with screaming kids and loads of spare cash. :p
a few years ago i spent about £800 of my loan in one day buying a ps3 and fat hdtv, qq :p

Playing games by pointing some shit wand in that fashion in just really annoying, it's alright with a gun but the novelty wears off quickly. To be honest i just want to sit on my arse with as little movement as possible most of the time.
Although the boxing looks quite fun, can't see many people going 12 rounds though :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
a few years ago i spent about £800 of my loan in one day buying a ps3 and fat hdtv, qq :p

You are no ordinary student then quite clearly. You are the King of the Stupid Students! Pawn the PS3 and TV, get down the union and don't come home until your pockets are empty or your liver fails! :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Back then it wasnt ordinary but i was raking in money from ebay sales. Now days everyone and their dog has a fat tv and a console. Living in a student house now and we have 2 x 32 hdtvs and 2 x 37 hdtvs, would have 3 but aoami is a fag and sold his. tax payers money 4tw :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Part of me is excited about Natal and Move but there's always a voice at the back of my head nagging me saying 'its another Wii in the making, you will play it for a few months then never pick it up again because finding decent games that use it will be hard among all the shovelware'

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Part of me is excited about Natal and Move but there's always a voice at the back of my head nagging me saying 'its another Wii in the making, you will play it for a few months then never pick it up again because finding decent games that use it will be hard among all the shovelware'

Spot on, some games will work on both, many won't. One game that has the potential to be huge on Natal is Dance Central, that has so much mainstream potential it is scary. If they market that right it will make bajillions of dollars.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Ok so it being clunky, only fitting a niche of games(while others are better woth regular controllers) and it's uselesness aside...the accuracy right?

Well...

Duck-Hunt-Gun.jpg

:p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
lol. Seriously, he is developing the game, he works with it everyday. If he can't pull it off convincingly then you know it has issues. That controller just won't do for those type of games.

It takes some pretty big assumptions to come to this conclusion. People who demo other games on Dualshock 3's usually suck too (I mean, they always put the games on super-easy mode and usually don't allow you to die). Yes, partly because pads suck, but also comparing their demo play to my own experiences with a pad.

I'm sure it'll be better than a pad, and worse than a mouse. Of course I'd always use a mouse if possible, I played quake 2 for most of my teenage life, but PC games don't really offer the same 'experience' (environment, story, art, sound track) as the good console shooters :<

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Ok so it being clunky, only fitting a niche of games(while others are better woth regular controllers) and it's uselesness aside...the accuracy right?

Well...

Duck-Hunt-Gun.jpg

:p

I fucking loved lightguns. Time Crisis and Point Blank were soooooooooooooooo good! Except in the arcade, when your Point Blank opponent had the 'good' gun, and you had the one where the aim was a fair bit off :( Try shooting the falling leaf with that piece of shit.

Anyway, SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3 are in no way niche games. I think that's what Sony are aiming for, though you will obviously have a slew of party/fitness games too. As I said, I'm not buying it unless reviewers start telling me just how much better it is. And maybe not even then!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It takes some pretty big assumptions to come to this conclusion. People who demo other games on Dualshock 3's usually suck too (I mean, they always put the games on super-easy mode and usually don't allow you to die). Yes, partly because pads suck, but also comparing their demo play to my own experiences with a pad.

I'm sure it'll be better than a pad, and worse than a mouse. Of course I'd always use a mouse if possible, I played quake 2 for most of my teenage life, but PC games don't really offer the same 'experience' (environment, story, art, sound track) as the good console shooters :<

Only going off what I can see in the video bud, the accuracy just isn't there and unless the game developer guy presenting is a real spaz then I consider it to be a big issue. It is an assumption of course and I take the comment onboard, you might not believe it but I would be delighted if they managed to pull it off and be better than pads, Modern Warfare 2 on my 360 would be retired for a Move enabled Modern Warfare game on my PS3.

Anything better than a pad is going to be most welcome regardless of who it comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom