So what your plan?

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
No cos then we'll just take and claim every keep then, where will u be then ?

a realm with no keeps or relics, but no keeps dosnt make much difference since they have no relics :p

we cant possiably claim all the mid keeps + towers as well as our own so alb would be overstreached and more prone to attack =o

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:
Once and for all, mids dont really have it worse then any other realm atm, yes we dont have reaver bomb but we have twf and ml9, its not as good as the reaverbomb but can still kill zergs. Yes we dont have the range as alb does on pets and cc and bows but we have other stuff instead and if ppl learned to play with the assets they have in mid they would do just fine against albs and hibs but atm the mid realm consists of just stupid farmcows for the albs to kill. Most ppl left are those that ran in randomgroups in emain in OF adding on everything and making life miserable for mid GG:s and enemies so imo QQ more. Learn to play or go pve.

There is a solution tho, if u dont want albs to take keeps in midland stop defending them and trying to take them back, since thats why they do take the keeps, to get the mids out to farm them and the mids fall for it each time. Let them sit in their keep and wank and they will stop doing it eventually and go hib instead. Then u can take back the keep with 1fg in the middle of the night or something. Learn to think a bit.

Im a bit sad tho, seems like this is the end of daoc for me, WoW coming and somehow it seems to be a lot better then daoc atm. The lack of roaming guilds on prdywen atm makes us very bored in rvr each day and if its boring theres really no point to play. Gonna try out WoW for a while and if its better then daoc ill play that instead and atm it seems like its the winner.

You have to remember something Aldrick , all mids arent rr8+ and run in opted group's.

And when all rvr GGs are more or less gone from mid/pryd the casual players suffer. And probably vice versa for the rvr's.

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
I must say at the pathetic attempt on surs tho at somepoint yesterday, guard spam said 49, some albs came pushed u back into the tower, some more came, took the tower without any struggle, taking candy from a baby is an appropriate saying here.

If Mid/Hibs come with 50 albs come with 100...common knowledge ;)

Ive been on recieving end on hib/excal aswell and it same as mid/pryd , Albs just steamroll down the enemy's.

Its all about numbers

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
pre NF mid was totaly dominating the rvr by having more numbers everywhere they went tho :p

You could look at it like this:

we have more to fight because there are less of us

more stuff = more arpees to be had you just need 2 organise yourselves to get them.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
pre NF mid was totaly dominating the rvr by having more numbers everywhere they went tho :p

You could look at it like this:

we have more to fight because there are less of us

more stuff = more arpees to be had you just need 2 organise yourselves to get them.

Oh. Wake up :twak:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Mids are starting to get the picture now. We went from 0-1 supp sm on the last raid to 5-6 on the one yesterday. And yesterday we fought back quite good.

There are only 1-3 BDs active on Mid because this 1buttom spam easymode etc thing is stuck to every mids brain and almost noone wants to play that kind of class.

Goa made a huge mistake putting in 1.70 when they knew how it would be with stacking TWF and reaver RR5 RA.

Mids still need to learn to get speedtraps etc much faster and learn to work together much better.

Yesterday we had maybe 5-10 hunters with us but it took along time before any volley MA action took place.

Reaver bombing is what is getting us killed atm. We know it, hib knows it and most albs atleast acknovledge it.

You say its all same in every realm. Well there is a difference what makes it reaver bombing instead of bonedancer or warden bombing. That is Soul Quench I - - - - - Insta-PBAE Drains 250 HPs from Enemies, Returns 75% to Reaver. That ladies is what makes the difference.

Oh and Penlid. 3 hibs vs 1 sm and u have to FZ? pls ;)

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Acctually the best alb groups could compete, with bof and sos being alb only. But there is a kind of "it aint over untill the fat lady sings" with the current godmode for good alb groups. :)

Fair ? Kind of, because there was this general belief that mids/hibs had superior skill and should be able to farm albs in large numbers. I remember playing on mid excal ages ago like pre zerk nerf. When they pretty much 1 or 2 shotted every caster. Made 100 k rps in a day farming huge ammount of albs, due to superior skill only. :wij:

feril

Fledgling Freddie
still we barely could take relic's and needed huge amount of middes to take them back... (note: not much different from todays keep take/deff) i been in one to many relic raid in the OF days.. anf like 1/3 time we succed to get in to the relic keep. but all for often ganged outside. nothing wrong with the organisation in those days. Keep fight warent our strong side in OF and now tho all the nerf/improves to all realms it still dont make it more fun/easyer to take/hold keeps for mids, i se no change in that aspect now and then.

Roadie said:

ohh albs did have the amount even in OF but mids maybe had more GG out there and more often. all albs/hibs are are refering to are the same 25-30mids that hade the uber gank group, i see it every thread mids pwn here mids pwn there, still the same 25-30 mids we are talking about.. those peeps arent here anymore and even if there where here we still cant keep up the keepfights.
What did albs do in OF i cant answer but it has always been more albs online than mids/hibs the last 2years.

cya all out there and feel free to flame!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
rofl at mids whining about the exact same thing as hibs did in OF.. hibs then was told to accept it and stuf. You shat in the locker and then went to sit in it yourself and whine? Nice one :D

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
rofl at mids whining about the exact same thing as hibs did in OF.. hibs then was told to accept it and stuf. You shat in the locker and then went to sit in it yourself and whine? Nice one :D

True.
You were outnumbered.

But in this case it's not about the numbers it's about the util's

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
Labbe said:
True.
You were outnumbered.

But in this case it's not about the numbers it's about the util's

by util i hope you dont mean utility, cos if there is one thing mids dont lack its utility.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
by util i hope you dont mean utility, cos if there is one thing mids dont lack its utility.

Then enlighten me.

Please tell about the good stuff that mids have when it comes to keep stances.

feril

Fledgling Freddie
agree with you Labbe. we dident have the keep util then and still dont have. so therefor all middies EU/US think its so dam boring go in to keepfights. our powerfull tanks/LT are just freerps and sure our RM kan do some damage at range but there arent many out there, and it arent easy to roll a new toon due to the shortage of peeps to do mls/artis. and i as many more arent that motivated to go out in the front with a toon with the util but still cant use it duo to the lack of ml's/artis. sure i think i should have fun as hell with a RM in keepfights but have the time and paitence to do the char.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Mids=easy farmed rps

Attack mids=they attack us for revenge/to keep us from attacking=easy farmed rps

Albs utility at keeps > mids utility at keeps

Cba attacking hibs anyways, they have to many casters and shrooms everywhere, 2 animists can make 1 keep live for hours. All they need is bb with FoP.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
we arent picking on u, but ur just so much more fun to bomb
Well, son, you go on relying on your 3-button class then since you clearly couldn't hack it in Midgard. ;) You tried your pathetic little bomb trick on us at Brynja Bridge last night, but while it certainly works wonders against a zerg, it did not work against a decent group, did it? It was quite amusing to see a bunch of Reavers milling around aimlessly like confused cattle when the enemies they fought failed to insta-die.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Well, son, you go on relying on your 3-button class then since you clearly couldn't hack it in Midgard. ;) You tried your pathetic little bomb trick on us at Brynja Bridge last night, but while it certainly works wonders against a zerg, it did not work against a decent group, did it? It was quite amusing to see a bunch of Reavers milling around aimlessly like confused cattle when the enemies they fought failed to insta-die.

4 button fyi~

besides bomb dosent work in fg vs fg, not without perfect mezz which rarely happens.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Labbe said:
Then enlighten me.

Please tell about the good stuff that mids have when it comes to keep stances.

Exactly the same stuff you had before NF....

Aoe Stun (Castable and Insta) + Pbaoe

And

Gtaoe in a viable spec line

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Exactly the same stuff you had before NF....

Aoe Stun (Castable and Insta) + Pbaoe

And

Gtaoe in a viable spec line

Could you please tell me how to use that AOE Stun in keep fight's?
Please think about the range and LOS when you are calculating your response.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Frust said:
You zerg with opted FG's or camp bridges...

Ahh yes. It's always albs camping bridges! ... Have you ever been to say, Bled bridge? Where its almost permanently camped by random mids 24/7? I normally see way more mids on that bridge alone, than are required to start smashing down towers.

Perhaps if you realised there is more to Odin's than Bled bridge, and more to NF than Odin's, you might start doing achieving more again.

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Since the release of NF, i found it mutch harder for mids to have a group and go out and actully kill stuff.

The release off NF isnt all bad tho, i really find some of the RAs very appealing...

But mids werent made for keeptakeing (imo) and works best at openfield combat where our tanks and light tanks can work their thing. ( not sure about this but i think that most mids played tanks atleast pre-nf)

So now when a tank or light tank face a towertake u run to the door to find 1 stealther class has snuk in to fire away that oil that is allmost autokill Oo

I have therefore allmost given up on keep/tower takes, but i do take unclaimed towers, sometimes solo!

But i am 1 of them Bled Bridge Campers :p its the best spot to go if u are solo or with a friend or 2.

All in all, i didnt do mutch fg rvr in OF, but i did more then i do now, but i have become allot more rvr active now in NF but only to solo wich i am happy with i find it fun to battle a stealther or 2 or maybe the occational caster that dropps bye :)

ok to close this up:

Mids find NF bad really, it was made for range classes and pet spammers ( imo givf pet spammer i love pets :'( darn mythic stupid warlock grymbl...)

So stop takeing our towers so i can port to bled xD

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Labbe said:
Could you please tell me how to use that AOE Stun in keep fight's?
Please think about the range and LOS when you are calculating your response.

hmm if im not totally mistaken, hibs and mids are actually pretty equal when it comes to range on stuff. 1500 on DDs, bolts 1875, mez and stuns 1500.

Mind explanining what on earth you actually mean because quite frankly, I dont understand. Albs, sure they have 1875mez and 2k-pets so they have an advantage there but thats about it. CC is king in NF imo, there is no limit to what you can kill with a good grp if you have a topnotch CCer and healers have all 3 types of "true" CC.

Keeps are active in start of NF ofc, but my guess is roaming will be more popular after a while when most are bored to death with hours and hours of silly sieging :) And mids certainly dont lack in that area at least.

We had keepfights in old world aswell and mid/pryd did well then, a keep is still a keep you know. Just because the really good groups cant stand NF and decide to quit doesnt mean mid is more gimp, its just unusally few mids that stand out and perform above average. Mid/Pryd have always had a history of quite alot of dominance or at least beeing on par, its clearly showing how much the realm was dependant on the likes of Mael and groups like that. Hib used to have a couple of GG's running, EC, AD, TDD and some more, most are gone now but im glad to see the general spirit in Hib has been kept alive by people like Aran and i guess USP and others aswell has a finger in it. This I believe is the major difference now Labbe, not lack of utility in Midgard as a realm.

(and if you dont know how to use AoEstun in a keep.. man, try to think out some ways, i can think of out many ways it can be used in a very very effective way)

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Making a good point........

Yes, It may be so that we do lack some spirit to hold on.
But it's not easy to keep it up when we are farmed like this. And yes we are farmed.Like some albs say it. Mids is equal to free rps'

Though I must say a keep on the Old Frontier isn't like a keep in the New Frontier. But I guess you have already noticed that.
(Remember that the range calc when being higher up is somewhat more different now then it was pre 1.70)

Midgard doesn't stand a chance when it comes to keep stances. We need them numbers. And thoose we don't have.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
xxManiacxx said:
Oh and Penlid. 3 hibs vs 1 sm and u have to FZ? pls ;)

Yes actually, cause a decently played SM will be hard to hit in melee, will use moc and purge, kill the caster if there is one, kill the bard, then any melee classes.

Been there, done it with 'chanter vs 3+ enemies who didn't play well.

Knowledge of class + paying attention > numbers to an extent.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Labbe said:
Yes, It may be so that we do lack some spirit to hold on.
But it's not easy to keep it up when we are farmed like this. And yes we are farmed.Like some albs say it. Mids is equal to free rps'

Though I must say a keep on the Old Frontier isn't like a keep in the New Frontier. But I guess you have already noticed that.
(Remember that the range calc when being higher up is somewhat more different now then it was pre 1.70)

Midgard doesn't stand a chance when it comes to keep stances. We need them numbers. And thoose we don't have.
Neither do Hibs, and we don't have access to AE stun.

I think Mid is seriously overlooking the effectiveness of that combined with the other abilities on offer.

In a keep standoff, as in inner tower, Alb range means nothing, cause the tower is only what? 800/900 units wide?

One healer standing at the back of a lord room, in sight of the door, spamming F8 and AE Stun button, with a "/bu STUN LANDED!" macro will stop a reaver bomb in most cases, allow the AE stun to hopefully land on any albs on the stairs as well, allowing a BD/SM rush to halfway down the stairs, moc pbaoe + AT, with DI3 up, EoY res if needed.

Ofc, this requires people to actually pay attention and turn up to the keep defence and someone to take charge.

feril

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
hmm if im not totally mistaken, hibs and mids are actually pretty equal when it comes to range on stuff. 1500 on DDs, bolts 1875, mez and stuns 1500.

Mind explanining what on earth you actually mean because quite frankly, I dont understand. Albs, sure they have 1875mez and 2k-pets so they have an advantage there but thats about it. CC is king in NF imo, there is no limit to what you can kill with a good grp if you have a topnotch CCer and healers have all 3 types of "true" CC.

first. good post Shike.

but as all know is that pets and cc is king as you posted. and those things together on the big range arent easy to handle in keepfights/openfield fights. ok im not one of the topnotch healers maybee, but when i use my insta mezz and the opposit caster uses it at the same time. mids on speed6 + insta and like say sorc with range and fast cast time due to clothcaster. my mezz mezz 150r (about 1-3 peeps) and the sorc mezz 400r about the whole sticky train. then the CC healer has automaticlly 1-2 pets on him, cant do anything unless AEinsta stun is up. then all healers that uses purge will/shall have a pet on him if the opposit grp plays right. by setting the healers out of order by some simple friging gray/green con pets the grp stays mezzed or those who use purge are nuked/tapped to death.

and yes i have done my runs with BO and some other GG and yes we maybe pwn some grp+adds but it seems only if almost everyone in grp has the RA/ML/Artis up for use, to like say for interupting. that i mean is that the mids out there that are left arent high enough on RR/ML to have the util that a normal alb/hib caster can do. but yes cata maybee change things and the big GG will maybee return. but in the long run we will prolly be without relics due to the lack of keepdef chars.

oo darn this was a long post on the wrong forum. yaya albs will say that i QQ but i dont. and if you are to flame me dont bring up any other chars like RM and his range and so on. its Pet vs No Pets :p

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Its a dilemma for all SM's. Shall we respec to be able to defend keeps and towers and be less effective in FG vs FG and more or less useless solo...
Think im gonna go and respec to Supp now...

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Who cares about keep fights anyway, there is no fun in it for me at least. We run tank groups mostly and have loads of fun killing groups, although against zergs it aint very effective. But if you looking for FG vs FG fights a tank group is still much fun to play.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Whats with the ae stun argument over and over???

Its NF if you havent noticed! Even archers have access to determination these days and the odd player has decent if not capped resists. If an ae stun stops an enemy for 2 seconds then you can consider that a good one.
But dont forget the 1 minute stun-imunity after that!

These days the baseline stun that all Hib casters have is faaaar more deadly than that silly ae stun. When defending vs Hibs your life is in serious danger as soon as they have LOS on you. The odd Hib caster takes you down easily before the baseline stun wears off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom