So how do you think its going?

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
Yes question is do you like the way your server evolves , is there balance to be found , are you hapy with the game and how it is going so far....?

Personaly i'm a little dissapointed , not in the game itself but more in our server community on K8P .

Various guilds have been trying to balance the 2 realms a bit after a good intention of White Rose at start it seemed to work a bit but if you see to what it has come ....well .

I can only speak of the old DaoC guilds i've know from the excal - pryd server and ... atm i see a zerg of all guilds who once claimed to be more into the clean 8 vs 8 ( 6 vs 6 ) challenging fights.

What ex dyvet guilds are on witch side actualy?

On destro side i see bokkerijders, white rose dark alliance and atreides being active atm but are there also others ?

On order you can find Black Company , Nolby Pride , Defiance, Red Guard , Bulle at F..., Na fianna Dra..., Team conclave , think i even seen some more from witch i don't remeber the name ,....

don't you think the whole goal to get a balanced ex dyvet server in WAR has completly failed?

Its almost completly useless to try and get some experience out of scenarios most destro are using them to get a bit xp but get steamrolled by premade groups all the time mostly resulting in 60 % of the pop leaving scenarios to an unbalance stop as result.

open RvR is majorly fooked up due to the constantly keeptakes , zonelocking and camping warcamps resulting in most destro warbands to disband and going into a bit pve or T3 chars.

And what will future bring ?

Atm most people i talked to are considering to /quit or move ,...due to compleet orvr boycot from order .

I KNOW ITS ALL PART OF THE GAME BUT I DON'T THINK MOST PEOPLE WHO WERE TRYING TO GET A NICE BALANCED SERVER ARE HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION. Maybe there are same minded people playing order , and maybe some are able and willing to create an whole new mentality on our server ,...cu in game .

A dok.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
They need to remove rp's from scenario's if you are level 40. I chuckle at the premade mentality in scenario's there fighting against players sometimes 11 levels lower than themselves and they just love it cause they can get their renown point bonus for winning the sce.

It's just like the rve'rs they group up into 2 Wb's and run around in empty zones sitting for the whole duration on all bo's for rp's. They will preach to us that they are the best when they ding rr80 don't you doubt it:p

Karak Hirn is starting to get a real community surrounding it, it has taken a while but both sides enjoy a bit of banter and you can see the respect that certain players have for the enemies. You know your running along and you see a lowbie enemy getting killed so you help them out (by not killing them) :p

But it really is coming together, people still and always will zerg. However there is always guilds out there running around in small groups 6-12 man in size looking for something a bit more skilled to fight.

It's great playing with friends but the thing about mmo's is meeting new people. Come and join Karak Hirn would be my answer to you.

eksdee

FH is my second home
i think the future of warhammer rests in the player's hands. i see people say stuff like the above about the lack of roaming outside of zergs and so forth every single day, but i do not see anyone doing anything about it. on k8p the only guilds i ever see roaming groups from are the guild i'm in, shorties and fracture (a new guild) on dest and merely mortal, dirty dozen, tedious ten and team conclave on order. the sad thing is most of those order guilds are largely inactive due to the lack of roaming. to me it is a vicious circle, no one wants to get out there and do it until someone else is doing it. which leaves guilds like us trying to fight the zerg with 1, sometimes 2 full groups and while that can be fun it is ultimately either two outcomes - you win and it is utterly no challenge because the zergers are either just bad or afk, or you get overwhelmed by 2warbands on stick.

i'm not sure what the solution is, i've made an irc channel where guilds can come in and sign their groups up in the topic to say where they are roaming, but in all honesty it is just not being used enough.

we had a 'fight night' event 2 weeks back where a total of about 6 full groups from each realm turned up so it just goes to show the players and the interest is there, but roaming and getting farmed by the zerg is just too demoralising for most on a day to day basis in a game where avoiding the zerg is pretty tough (no speed spells or long duration, aoe cc).

all i can say is if you want roaming, you need to make groups and roam. there is an alliance of guilds on order that was made with the intention of it being there to promote 6man roaming groups, so if your guild isn't in that then perhaps think about joining it (alliance leaders are merely mortal - gm = Thewall) and on destruction we are working on the same thing (alliance leader on dest side is XXI Grams - gm = Grindhouse).

one last thing, we recently made a couple of movies to showcase this side of the game, maybe you didn't see my threads about them so here they are:

XXI Grams PvP Movie By Kynoko guild group movie, multi pov.

miri - small shaman, small group By miri my movie, shaman pov.

eksdee

FH is my second home
But it really is coming together, people still and always will zerg. However there is always guilds out there running around in small groups 6-12 man in size looking for something a bit more skilled to fight.

I

sounds great. have any guilds from your servers made movies or anything? i'd love to see what the differences are between our servers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They are starting to get things right at last, though I fear its all to late. There is still a very long way to go to make the game as it was promised. It really shouldn't have been released in the state it was in as it clearly wasn't beta tested properly, either that or they just didn't listen to the testers, there is so much in game that should not have made it past beta.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I would rather do 6v6 kinda battles but I don't know enough people (or any really) who are into that kind of thing. I didn't come from DAoC so I don't know any people from that and I don't have enough rl friends playing to make a team. No guilds I've been in have ever made any attempts to do it either; It's always sc premades and zerging.
I'm sure there is other people in my situation and that is probably why what you want isn't happening.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yep, definitely. i hear that so much, and it seems like such a simple thing to fix but at the end of the day, the inherent problem with 6v6 or 6vmany is that it requires a much higher level of team play than zerging, thus people are loath to simply build pugs or group with people they don't know.

the best i can suggest is to try to be social and get to know people, try to get yourself in a guild with that mindset. on k8p destruction i'd suggest trying the new guild fracture (gm = snip) right now. sadly the other guilds who i see roaming often, such as shorties and la brigade fantome are non-english speaking guilds (russian and french respectively). i'm sure there are other guilds out there, it's just finding the ones who want what you want. sadly since the advent of wow, it seems the communities are a lot less open than they used to be. i barely know anyone outside of xxi/fracture/shorties (our alliance) :/

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
theres so much promise there, but with the current issues i.e cc and cast bugs etc makes the game so fustrating that i can see why people leave.
I'm trying to have faith but its failing fast

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Hirn is awesome, can't speak for other servers as i spend most of my time on Hirn.

Plenty of former daocers play here and a few guilds and player names are familiar but the main strength of this server is it has a great community developing and it's great playing with old DAoC buddies and meeting lots of new friends and allies from other places. It's taking time, but there is a real comraderie building here and the balance is probably one of the best around at the moment. Orvr is populated from t1-t4, t1-t3 isn't overly zergy, usually no more than 40 per side at any time in the same zone. Often its a simple wb v wb slugfest for supremacy.

I love it :)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
yep, definitely. i hear that so much, and it seems like such a simple thing to fix but at the end of the day, the inherent problem with 6v6 or 6vmany is that it requires a much higher level of team play than zerging, thus people are loath to simply build pugs or group with people they don't know.

the best i can suggest is to try to be social and get to know people, try to get yourself in a guild with that mindset. on k8p destruction i'd suggest trying the new guild fracture (gm = snip) right now. sadly the other guilds who i see roaming often, such as shorties and la brigade fantome are non-english speaking guilds (russian and french respectively). i'm sure there are other guilds out there, it's just finding the ones who want what you want. sadly since the advent of wow, it seems the communities are a lot less open than they used to be. i barely know anyone outside of xxi/fracture/shorties (our alliance) :/

Please dont take this the wrong way or anything, I completely respect what you guys are doing and wish I had the time and commitment to do it myself. BUT I have seen you guys in scenarios, as soon as you join, be it solo or in a small group, the first thing you do it go off and join a completely different party (or solo if there is only one). Thats not exactly promoting open'ness and friendliness. Many times I have asked people running around solo from ML / XXI / UL about duoing or making a small party and (with the exception of Zifud and Saitoh who were mucho cool) it usually doesnt even get a reply. One of our members actually asked a member of shorties why 1) they kept forming a party of just two people and 2) kept leaving scenarios when they seen order pramades in them and he got nothing but a stream of abuse - l2p etc.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Please dont take this the wrong way or anything, I completely respect what you guys are doing and wish I had the time and commitment to do it myself. BUT I have seen you guys in scenarios, as soon as you join, be it solo or in a small group, the first thing you do it go off and join a completely different party (or solo if there is only one). Thats not exactly promoting open'ness and friendliness. Many times I have asked people running around solo from ML / XXI / UL about duoing or making a small party and (with the exception of Zifud and Saitoh who were mucho cool) it usually doesnt even get a reply. One of our members actually asked a member of shorties why 1) they kept forming a party of just two people and 2) kept leaving scenarios when they seen order pramades in them and he got nothing but a stream of abuse - l2p etc.

we move groups because we join with 6 ppl, if we're split accross different groups then it makes us far less effective due to buffs, group heals and so forth. it's nothing to do with not wanting to play with other people, but what's the point in having a group if we don't play together? i know you didn't mean it in a derogatory way, but it often feels like we're damned if we do, damned if we don't as far as doing what we do is concerned. at the end of the day, we win pretty much every scenario we join with a full group, so you can't really make the argument that we're not helping 'the realm' or however you want to put it, but at the end of the day i play multiplayer games to play with people i know and people i'm friends with.

again as far as replying to tells etc. goes, bear in mind that we're always talking in vent, the only reason i ever even look at the chat is pretty much at /as or the combat log. factor in the fact that the chat in this game does that fading thing, it's far more likely that whoever you sent the tell to simply didn't see it, rather than purposefully ignored it to be willfully mean. i really really don't think any single member of our guild is like that at all.

can't speak for shorties, but i do know that they are a russian guild and their english isn't very good for the most part, perhaps it was a misunderstanding because in my experiences they are a very friendly and nice guild.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
na fianna dragun atm are currently running wednesday/friday/sunday together as a guild on k8p in T2 form 6-10pm gmt.
When we get to T4 we should be able to field a decent FG if not two on these nights.
Obviously if any of the destro guilds have alts and want to get some experience then you're welcome to try and take us on.

eksdee

FH is my second home
sounds great. when you're in t4, sign your group up whenever you're out in irc: #k8p.6v6 ta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom