The first patch! What do you think it will contain?

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic haven't mentioned anything yet about any patches, but I imagine they have already got one ready to release onto the servers once they get the whole account management and whatnot sorted out!

Anyway, what do you think the patch will contain?

For me I think it's going to hold a few nice little coming nerfs to the Bright Wizards ;)

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
but but but the Bright Wizard is a very serious bug :p

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
people asking for nerf's ruins games it ahppend to starwars galaxies and its now happening to wow come on give the game a chance before you try to kill it by introducing the FOTM people.

Kreuger

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully minor nerfs and buffs to certain ability's which are gamebreaking in certain situations

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
there will be class changes already I think, but I think everyone is praying to get those CTD's fixed :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
CTD, text box settings not saving, group bars fading, mounts in t2 scenarios.

I suspect there will be a lot of animation fixes, and they will probably start to add emote actions to the commands that are in game.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
the "fix ctd" monkeys and the "class balance" monkeys are different people, no ? ergo, you can expect both ? ! :p

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the "fix ctd" monkeys and the "class balance" monkeys are different people, no ? ergo, you can expect both ? ! :p
not always some firms only use 1 team as it is just a standard update/fix team and it also lowers the costs. also it remove all the errors you get by having two seperate teams altering the code independantly.

Aada

Part of the furniture
people asking for nerf's ruins games it ahppend to starwars galaxies and its now happening to wow come on give the game a chance before you try to kill it by introducing the FOTM people.

We already have FOTM people you silly donkey.

Bright Wizard
DoK

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Make Dwarves killable by anything less than a zerg. ;)

Seriously hope they don't nerf any chars yet, people need to get to 40 and then see what it's like. They made that mistake with AoC and it just pissed the community off big time. I hope they concentrate on fixing the many bugged quests.

I seriously luv playing my Sorc (L20) and Shamen (L10). The Sorc is a real 'Glass Cannon' much like Wizi in DAOC. Wish the root would work in PvE though.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Bugs and more bugs, UI bugs, quest bugs. It's way too early for any sort of wide scale balancing, with people still learning how to get the most from their classes and level caps not yet reached (well, by average players ...), so there may be nothing more than little tweaks.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
How can you wanna nerf classes already, game aint even been live a week yet!

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well im pretty sure they allready started balancing stuff a week ago.. Items lost some armor points, and some renown gear just got nerfed aswell, so it matched the loot better.
So i dont really see why they wouldnt just bring the BW/sorc nerf.. We all know its comming anyway. Least some people will have the option to roll a real class, before they waste to much time being fotm :)

Insta aoe 10 sec root, and no DR.... They promised a game low on CC.. :lol:

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
We already have FOTM people you silly donkey.

Bright Wizard
DoK

I dont know what you have against DoK's. They do silly damage and once facing more that 2 playes their dead if the 2 players know how to play.. Yes 1on1 they are super strong, but this isnt a single player game.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
dude dont start with me, I played the gimp retardo class in nearly every game and I hate the way these games get fucked up because people call nerf.

I am a BW, and I dish out sick dmg but guess what, as soon as someone notices me I get owned in about 10 seconds, especially by melee. They run at me, whack me a few times and I die.

Its called Balance..

Just because you might have been on the receiving end of a BW owning you a few times dont mean they need nerfing, This is a group pvp game not a 1v1 game.

The root is also bugged and needs fixing, no need to call nerf on the whole class because of one bug.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
dude dont start with me, I played the gimp retardo class in nearly every game and I hate the way these games get fucked up because people call nerf.

I am a BW, and I dish out sick dmg but guess what, as soon as someone notices me I get owned in about 10 seconds, especially by melee. They run at me, whack me a few times and I die.

Its called Balance..

Just because you might have been on the receiving end of a BW owning you a few times dont mean they need nerfing, This is a group pvp game not a 1v1 game.

The root is also bugged and needs fixing, no need to call nerf on the whole class because of one bug.

I dont bitch about the damage mate.. I bitch about the root, as its simply to powerfull. Afaik it should brake on 50% of all damage (correct me if im wrong). Least i know it dosent.
Plus it being insta aoe is just stupid..

So maybe we agree, you calling it bugged, i calling it overpowered.

But since there is no DR, and so many BW´s around, meleers tend to end up being rooted way to often.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
well you cant expect a class like the BW to have no kind of escape mechanic as it would just be silly and we need it to be instant cast because we wouldnt get it off otherwise through being interputed etc.

But yes it is bugged and it should break, its supposed to be an escape skill not a haha you cant move i win skill.

Its bugged not overpowered, because its not functioning as intended.

:)

rynnor

Rockhound
I would consider the root to need a fix rather than a nerf as its clearly not working as intended since it doesnt break in pvp 50% on damage as its described.

Poag

m00?

And end up like AoC with tit size being fixed before animation speeds ;)

Fingers crossed they fix important issues, like CTDs, mobs being unattackable, line of sight checks on keeps, keep loading and other big issues before trying to tackle the finikity bits of class balancing :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
well you cant expect a class like the BW to have no kind of escape mechanic as it would just be silly and we need it to be instant cast because we wouldnt get it off otherwise through being interputed etc.

But yes it is bugged and it should break, its supposed to be an escape skill not a haha you cant move i win skill.

Its bugged not overpowered, because its not functioning as intended.

:)

I agree with you afterall. Altho, i still think its to powerfull being 30 yrd aoe.

Wouldnt you expect a squishy to die with 5 meleers charging towards him?

Single target.. Then it would be fair. Single target CC, like every other class has it..

rynnor

Rockhound
Single target.. Then it would be fair. Single target CC, like every other class has it..

Dont other classes get AE CC at higher ranks? I have no idea personally just thought it was going to work that way?

Edit - I dont think the game is mature enough to re-balance classes yet - just fix the obvious bugs I'd say?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont other classes get AE CC at higher ranks? I have no idea personally just thought it was going to work that way?

Edit - I dont think the game is mature enough to re-balance classes yet - just fix the obvious bugs I'd say?

Dont know either, but i doubht it - considering Mythic promised a game low on CC..

Plus, would that make it any more fair to give 1 class, a dps class, aoe CC at low lvls?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

BW and Sorc both get AOE Root. Sorc root is on a 30 s timer so hardly op. Quite funny reading this thread. So much hate for the glass cannons. Try playing one you'll soon realise it's not that easy if your playing against clued up people.

As for the insta CC being OP, so takes me back to DAOC arguments of Sorc vs Bard mezz :)

Like I stated before too early to make char ability changes.

Tier 2 + use of rides is stupid. After seeing a Dwarf Eng using a helicopter to get to Destruction Flag quicker than any Destruction people could is a complete joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom