So what servers are you on?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
no one plays any more :p

Is it lonely there :p
Well had a huge keep fight last night 5-6 warbands at one spot. :) Was fun starting fight solo using the oil raking in 1½ rr level :D

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
wondering if the crap is gone now...

Play'd about 4 chars(3 destro 1 order )to 40 rr40 then i left for DAOC again due to the holy crapload of buggs and irritating lockdown , endless dungeonfarm, no gates on important keeps, keeplord downstairspulling , megahugeguildzergstyl rvrzoneentrancecamping , everyevening citysiegedefending, until the PQ's came out of my ears ....is there anthing change'd in the good direction yet... and on what server is it best to play if coming from daoc excal.. any guilds and on what side are recruiting and if so what classes are most interesting to start with again .....o - o alot of questions ...
Is there any future for a shadowwarrior or is he alone from birth till death?
All info about the endgame is welcome so i can atleast consider coming back with some good intell .. ty in advance.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Play'd about 4 chars(3 destro 1 order )to 40 rr40 then i left for DAOC again due to the holy crapload of buggs and irritating lockdown , endless dungeonfarm, no gates on important keeps, keeplord downstairspulling , megahugeguildzergstyl rvrzoneentrancecamping , everyevening citysiegedefending, until the PQ's came out of my ears ....is there anthing change'd in the good direction yet...

I think almost everything you mention is better than it was, but some huge changes are happening soon in patch 1.4 which many believe will improve pvp still further.

To address your points one by one (from my experience on Order, Badlands):
the holy crapload of buggs - nothing like as bad as it used to be but still a little bit buggy, though nothing game-breaking that I've seen. Sometimes you get punted to the character selection screen on zoning (this markedly improved over the last two weeks).
irritating lockdown - I'm not sure about the context of this statement. The BOs currently lock, but this changes in the upcoming 1.4 patch. Zone pairings still lock. Also, you are still locked out of rolling on a stage of City loot if you won that stage. I don't know about other instances, but locks still occur.
endless dungeonfarm - I've done barely any dungeonfarming.
no gates on important keeps - All the keeps have doors. The fortresses are currently unused.
keeplord downstairspulling - Doesn't happen anymore, he won't come all the way out of his room. There is a patio where he can be pulled to but this is to prevent the lords' room being too inpenetrable (each keep has 2 sets of stairs now).
megahugeguildzergstyl rvrzoneentrancecamping - You can use the PvE area to enter the RvR zones by other routes. The camps sometimes happen, but both sides often lose people, it's not one-sided. The zergs are usually massive PUGs.
everyevening citysiegedefending - This has happened quite often of late, but not every evening. Badlands isn't dominated by one side, though sometimes it feels otherwise.
until the PQ's came out of my ears - PQs no longer count toward VPs. As of 1.4, neither will Scenarios.

Something you may wish to bear in mind: There is a huge gear disparity between RR80s and RR40s - it's really really bad and as a 40 you will get your ass handed to you in scenarios if you face 80s.

Other than that, it's all peachy!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
irritating lockdown - I'm not sure about the context of this statement. The BOs currently lock, but this changes in the upcoming 1.4 patch. Zone pairings still lock. Also, you are still locked out of rolling on a stage of City loot if you won that stage. I don't know about other instances, but locks still occur.
Managed to get into 6 city attacks last week, everytime the high rr guys demanded that we lower rr guy opt out of rolling for loot since we where only there to help with dps. I didnt opt out won a green bag none said anything about it, but a rr34 won a massive bag and all hell broke out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Managed to get into 6 city attacks last week, everytime the high rr guys demanded that we lower rr guy opt out of rolling for loot since we where only there to help with dps. I didnt opt out won a green bag none said anything about it, but a rr34 won a massive bag and all hell broke out.

i tend to agree with opting out on the final stage if you are nowhere near high enough RR to use the good stuff those bags drop.

i mean, why should it collect dust in your bags for god knows how long when someone actually can use it straight away?

the way i see it, if you do not opt out on last stage and are many many RR's below the required rank of the gear it drop then you are nothing more then a griefer that only roll in the hopes of winning a massive bag and pissing ppl off.

the sets that comes from the final stage requires RR75+ to use. and if you are only rr40 - 70 then there is NO reason what so ever for you to not opt out.

i don't think you realize just how frustrating it is to see those items that you can use getting won by RR30's, and then knowing you can't roll again for almost 2 days because you won a green bag.

granted you might have won a green bag anyway but the more that opt out the greater the chance to get a gold bag is, even on a crap roll.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Something you may wish to bear in mind: There is a huge gear disparity between RR80s and RR40s - it's really really bad and as a 40 you will get your ass handed to you in scenarios if you face 80s.

that isn't any different then how it is now.

at worst you will die in 5 seconds instead of the 7 it takes now.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
i tend to agree with opting out on the final stage if you are nowhere near high enough RR to use the good stuff those bags drop.

There's a rumour that lowbies (30s) have a better chance of getting bags. I don't believe it, but they say it's true!

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So how long does it take to ding rr80? Done 1-2 rrs a day now, currently rr45.

Got some abuse from some guys yesterday at a keep defence was there to buy stuff of merchant as i ran by and keep got attack, and "alliance" wb showed up to defend saw me on one of the oils and refused to either invite or heal me, and said i should step away from their oil since they claimed the keep. thank fully a unguilded ruine showed up and kept me up while i raked in 70k rr :D

And been told to leave a keep take a guild group was doin cause they wanted the loot, didnt win anything still they kept calling me bloody n00b leacher, seems the daoc mentallity is alive and kicking in WAR.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So how long does it take to ding rr80? Done 1-2 rrs a day now, currently rr45.

that all depends on how much you play and how much action there is that's worth joining in on.

probably take about a month if you're hellbent on dinging 80 as fast as possible.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
And been told to leave a keep take a guild group was doin cause they wanted the loot, didnt win anything still they kept calling me bloody n00b leacher, seems the daoc mentallity is alive and kicking in WAR.

Yep, there's a lot of jerks about, you just have to put them down with a witty insult and they stfu. Or you can stfu and then they will stfu because they got no rise from you. Either works.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
I played at release for about 2 weeks and then quit because it disappointed and irl stuff was taking up too much time. Reactivated a few weeks on Karak Azgal playing Order. Taking my time lvling up and trying out lots of new chars to get a feel for the game. Have to say that I'm really enjoying it so far though .. long may it continue. Anyone else playing on this server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom