The first patch! What do you think it will contain?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
BW and Sorc both get AOE Root. Sorc root is on a 30 s timer so hardly op. Quite funny reading this thread. So much hate for the glass cannons. Try playing one you'll soon realise it's not that easy if your playing against clued up people.

As for the insta CC being OP, so takes me back to DAOC arguments of Sorc vs Bard mezz :)

Like I stated before too early to make char ability changes.

Tier 2 + use of rides is stupid. After seeing a Dwarf Eng using a helicopter to get to Destruction Flag quicker than any Destruction people could is a complete joke.

Yeah, must be really hard to mash one button, and your home free, with an added 10 seconds to freely nuke down your target.. Sounds like real hardmode.. :lol:

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, must be really hard to mash one button, and your home free, with an added 10 seconds to freely nuke down your target.. Sounds like real hardmode.. :lol:

because Melee combat is so much more complicated. Press 1 button while running in circles. Nice work.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
BWs and Sorcs are really easy to kill without a healer.

With a healer, you obviously need to bring a friend - but any amount of spike damage combined with their self-harming will take them down fast.

Bloody annoying though - and hard decisions whether to kill the BW first or the healer :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
for the moment the biggest issue to me is the ctd.

sorcs and bw`s have good dps and just kill themselves or get owned in 5 secs without proper support. it`s not like one realm has a huge advantage over the other due to it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Game was only officially released last Thursday and already people are moaning about classes, fuck me just enjoy the game for the way it is in the current phase of its life and have fun.

I play a Witch Elf, I get my arse handed to me a fair old bit, but who actually really cares, everyone is learning their class, some classes have problems with certain enemies good fucking job!!!! Ff you want the same old classes for each side go play wow.

Games like this would have a much better life expectancy is people were to concentrate on the really issues that mythic can fix instead of getting spammed by faggots crying over how they got killed once in a computer game and want to be invincible.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Game was only officially released last Thursday and already people are moaning about classes, fuck me just enjoy the game for the way it is in the current phase of its life and have fun.

I play a Witch Elf, I get my arse handed to me a fair old bit, but who actually really cares, everyone is learning their class, some classes have problems with certain enemies good fucking job!!!! Ff you want the same old classes for each side go play wow.

Games like this would have a much better life expectancy is people were to concentrate on the really issues that mythic can fix instead of getting spammed by faggots crying over how they got killed once in a computer game and want to be invincible.

Okay mate.. But if you read the thread, you would prolly discover that we arent talking about class balance, but a class ability wich is bugged..
And diminishing returns should be implemented imo.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
DR is kinda implemented isnt it ? I though you get a buff when you get cc'd and become immune for a time ? Not exactly diminishing returns but definately a fix to chain cc

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Okay mate.. But if you read the thread, you would prolly discover that we arent talking about class balance, but a class ability wich is bugged..
And diminishing returns should be implemented imo.

I dont bitch about the damage mate.. I bitch about the root, as its simply to powerfull.

All I see is you pissing and moaning :p removing or modifying a class ability will obviously affect the classes balance.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
DR is kinda implemented isnt it ? I though you get a buff when you get cc'd and become immune for a time ? Not exactly diminishing returns but definately a fix to chain cc

Never had that, getting chain rooted is a bit annoying :)

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the queues needs to be sorted out ... the weekdays I don't really mind all that much, but the weekends they become insane.

CTDs aren't as bad as they were in closed and open beta, but still need to have this removed.

*cough* Bright Wizards ... well I could go on for a while as to what needs to be fixed/removed/nerfed etc etc .... anyhow to play a Bright Wizard you need the following:

• An IQ of a sandwich ... without the cheese
  • A large forehead so you can smash your head on the keyboard to start playing the class :D
Jokes aside ... even if they are true :p ... there aren't as many bugs in this game that we've seen in others *cough* no names need to be mentioned for which game I'm talking about ;)

I think things will come a long nicely and we'll see some good stuff being added in coming patches ... including the require nerf of the Bright Wizards (aka I roll my head on the keyboard to play this class)

:D

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a huge list :(

- Mobs bugged, attacking me with melee from miles away, etc.
- Combat made a bit less plastic, just doesn't seem very fluid atm.
- Mailbox, being able to only send 1 item per 20seconds
- Cultivating, wouldn't mind being able to dump all my stuff in the boxes ready for it to use them, rather than wait 3 minutes, then add something to each plot, wait 3 minutes and add again etc"
- Black screen when alt tabbing in inevitable city (and Elf zones I think)
- For me the options in the user settings menu won't save, no matter how often I click on apply or ok, the window doesnt close.
- Queues, heard some stuff that people are opposed to cloning of servers as you will lose all your unlocks etc.
- Better graphics options, like AA etc. Rather than "more framerate, better quality etc"
- Being able to get Tier 1 scenario quests when I can't even get into the scenarios
- Clipping bugs out in RVR, can be mashing on some poor stunties head, and they end up warping about 100 yards away. Probably due to the latency, wouldn't mind being able to see what my latency to the server is while playing.
- Getting attacked by random way low rank mobs when I'm just running past them is annoying too, specially if you are mounted as well, because then you just end up having to get off, kill the mob, then get back on.
- The Order MK exploit.
- In fact, the Tier 2 scenarios are a bit wank, bring back the Tier 1 ones!
- Screen resolutions in the options aren't working either. Can't even get 1280 x 720 in full screen :(
- Shitty fonts for targets, can't see them from miles away.
- Wouldn't mind being able to see what class an enemy player is in the tooltop as well.

Think that's about it, might update if I can think of any more :p

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
u guys whine about our Bright Wizards being powerful? look at the damage charts most of time, ur sorcs aint behind, plus.. our poor brightwizards keep back firing on their ass and getting low hp..and they die so easy with a crazy orc bashing their ass... and if our dwarfs die with a zerg, I would say the black orcs and the damn chaos tankers are way the same as well :p gg

Litmus

Resident Freddy
i doubt there will be much if any content added on the first few patches... just bug fixes

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
Playing a Sorc called Malenti in Tier2 Scenario currently. I've not seen too much to complain about from either the BW or the Sorc in the CC department. I've laid my root a number of times and noticed that folks break out of it roughly 50% of the time when they take a piece of hefty damage, I would however note that slower dps can allow the rooted player to stay rooted.

Same can be said for the BW root. Spent a good portion of my Scenarios today being rooted but again when I took a large spike of damage I was mobile again. It's when the dps is slower and lower that I tend to be rooted for the duration.

Whether or not you can call this "working as intended" I'm not sure. It seems to work in certain circumstances, but would have to say that it needs a wee bit of tweaking to allow all damage methods to cause the root to break.

Rather than opting to appease the "I'm desperate to improve my epeen" people I'd hope they address the other issues that are hampering the game atm, one is the archaic and frankly quite shoddy chat system that really has to go.. and fast.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
well i think they are gona fix some minor bug isues first...meybe a few changes for scenarios because destruction dosent join too often xD

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
u guys whine about our Bright Wizards being powerful? look at the damage charts most of time, ur sorcs aint behind, plus.. our poor brightwizards keep back firing on their ass and getting low hp..and they die so easy with a crazy orc bashing their ass... and if our dwarfs die with a zerg, I would say the black orcs and the damn chaos tankers are way the same as well :p gg

BW`s and sorcs are 90 % the same, you can`t complain about one without complaining about the other imho.

they are both huge DPS glass cannons who are worthless on their own.

realm vs realm they are balanced.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
Playing a Sorc called Malenti in Tier2 Scenario currently. I've not seen too much to complain about from either the BW or the Sorc in the CC department. I've laid my root a number of times and noticed that folks break out of it roughly 50% of the time when they take a piece of hefty damage, I would however note that slower dps can allow the rooted player to stay rooted.

Same can be said for the BW root. Spent a good portion of my Scenarios today being rooted but again when I took a large spike of damage I was mobile again. It's when the dps is slower and lower that I tend to be rooted for the duration.

Whether or not you can call this "working as intended" I'm not sure. It seems to work in certain circumstances, but would have to say that it needs a wee bit of tweaking to allow all damage methods to cause the root to break.

Rather than opting to appease the "I'm desperate to improve my epeen" people I'd hope they address the other issues that are hampering the game atm, one is the archaic and frankly quite shoddy chat system that really has to go.. and fast.

you do know that Witch Hunter for example has a spell to deflect this? it removes all kinds of CC + you become immune for 10 sec, cooldown is 30 sec afaik

I suppose witch elf has this too, and maybe other classes

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i can recall, but i don`t know where, that the root is more likely to break at the end of the duration than in the beginning.

from what i understood is that during the first second, a root is unlikely to break and during the last second, a gust of wind will break it. i just can`t remember where i`ve read that.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Nah that can be very useful when you're in a group and have a few AOE'ers going :)

Chosen + Sorc + shaman = lots of dead mobs very very fast. I can actually wander round a PQ at 100 dhar constantly with a shaman backing me up and a tank to round up the mobs.

-edit- Focused Mind for sorcs, I tend to pop it when Order are conveniently clumped up. Then start spamming Shattered Shadows ;)

Level 2 morale ability, instant cast.

For the next 10 seconds, you will remove and ignore any silencing, disarming, rooting, snaring effects and your abilities will build 50% faster and may not be set back.

Xahl

Fledgling Freddie
Why u cry about the root? When u get higher level, every melee class gets an abitily which instantly removes all slowing effects, including roots. The root might be very powerfull right now, but later on u will get ur BW target down fastly and quite easily ;> Tho if it's bugged then ofc it needs to be fixed.
btw. How long CD BW:s have on their root abitily?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Why u cry about the root? When u get higher level, every melee class gets an abitily which instantly removes all slowing effects, including roots. The root might be very powerfull right now, but later on u will get ur BW target down fastly and quite easily ;> Tho if it's bugged then ofc it needs to be fixed.
btw. How long CD BW:s have on their root abitily?

Because the people who seem to be posting here wont be happy unless they are owning every class from lvl 2 onwards, if anyone gets near killing their char they must need nerfing

This crap about BW is doing my headin and I take great offense at the numpty telling me I need the IQ of a sandwhich to play a BW. Get a clue please, there are very few classes in this game..and most games of the same genre that require much more than pressing a few buttons in the right sequence. Get off your your high hourse:twak:

I chose the class because it looks cool, it fits my playstyle and it is actually a group orientated character, playing it as one makes it very powerful.

I am sick of this nerf this nerf that crap, had 3 years of it in borecraft, this game been out a week and people calling nerf on abilities you get at lvl 10 without even considering end game, like the game is balanced around 1v1's in the teir 1 scenarios.

So I say to all the BW nerf callers, F**k right off with your nerf crap and take it back to wow please :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Because the people who seem to be posting here wont be happy unless they are owning every class from lvl 2 onwards, if anyone gets near killing their char they must need nerfing

This crap about BW is doing my headin and I take great offense at the numpty telling me I need the IQ of a sandwhich to play a BW. Get a clue please, there are very few classes in this game..and most games of the same genre that require much more than pressing a few buttons in the right sequence. Get off your your high hourse:twak:

I chose the class because it looks cool, it fits my playstyle and it is actually a group orientated character, playing it as one makes it very powerful.

I am sick of this nerf this nerf that crap, had 3 years of it in borecraft, this game been out a week and people calling nerf on abilities you get at lvl 10 without even considering end game, like the game is balanced around 1v1's in the teir 1 scenarios.

So I say to all the BW nerf callers, F**k right off with your nerf crap and take it back to wow please :)

:wanker: ---- nuff said.. All i hear is a kid, who knows the nerf bat is comming, or maybe just a fixbat? :D... And yeah - its gonna hurt

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
:wanker: ---- nuff said.. All i hear is a kid, who knows the nerf bat is comming... And yeah - its gonna hurt

Since you played a Sorc in DaoC, you have no right to complain about nerfs :p

But seriously now, isn't it a bit early to judge on who or what needs nerfing?
Most people are...what?... Tier 2 now? Maybe Tier 3.

Slightly too early too complain about nerfing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom