The first patch! What do you think it will contain?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Since you played a Sorc in DaoC, you have no right to complain about nerfs :p

But seriously now, isn't it a bit early to judge on who or what needs nerfing?
Most people are...what?... Tier 2 now? Maybe Tier 3.

Slightly too early too complain about nerfing.

And for the fifth time.. A fix is not a nerf.. omg :)

Yeah, i played a sorc.. Played an eld, BM, Ranger Ani etc aswell..
And i never argued about weather the sorc was balanced, nor did i cry when it got nerfed..

Being to blind to see the BW´s insta aoe CC is over the top and bugged, is just plain ignorant..

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm fixing, lets see, the only 2 major complaints i got really, is the lagging mobs when you pull them, and then the casting bar not sync'ing when you get hit, thats abit annoying :)

oh yeah, and when you get some kind of knockdown you stand up, but then fall down again, also seems abit laggy, and maybe a better way to show you got a debuff and buff.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
And for the fifth time.. A fix is not a nerf.. omg :)

Yeah, i played a sorc.. Played an eld, BM, Ranger Ani etc aswell..
And i never argued about weather the sorc was balanced, nor did i cry when it got nerfed..

Being to blind to see the BW´s insta aoe CC is over the top and bugged, is just plain ignorant..

Yeah, well, you used the term nerf bat, so I answered based on that.
But seriously...it would be imbalanced if both factions didn't have access to it, but the Bright wizards insta AOE CC is also available to Sorcerers. So, why complain about one and not the other?

Of course you never complained when the sorc got nerfed, because they never got nerfed :p But don't take that comment too hard, because it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. If you felt offended by it, sorry about that.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
You use the term nerf bat and then suggest you just want A skill fixed and no nerf to the class. If I look through this thread there are numerous people implying the class needs nerfing (co-incidentally not mentioning anything about a mirror nerf to the sorceror lol :rollseyes: )

Its far to early in the game to be calling nerfs and yes I dont want to see my class nerfed because quite frankly it doesnt need nerfing. It serves its purpose. Its an RDPS class, an exceptionally squishy RDPS class with the added threat of self harm. Dont you think with that kind of survivability and dodgy self damaging mechanics that we deserve high dmg output ? one AOE root doesnt make or break the game, your just pissed because you have been on the receiving end a few times and it hasnt worked out in your favour.

There is nothing wrong with the BW, the firecage might not be functioning as intended but still no need for this rubbish nerf calling after a week of play. This is turning into wow all over again.

Furthermore I'm not a kid, im a 25 year old woman and dont appreciate being refered to as 'a kid'

rynnor

Rockhound
If the flaming continues this thread will close so please just discuss the patch :)

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I was in a scenario with 5 yes FIVE BW's in it. People find a bug in a class and people catch on and roll that class. Our melee couldnt get anywhere near them. And they were assisting each other as well. :)

Its not the damage that i'm worried about. i can out heal that. Its that freaking root.

Anyway... back on topic....

I'd like to see the memory leak fix so i dont have to relog after a few hours gameplay to get my game effects back.

Also fix the random "you cant see your target" bug when its standing right in front of me.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I was in a scenario with 5 yes FIVE BW's in it. People find a bug in a class and people catch on and roll that class. Our melee couldnt get anywhere near them. And they were assisting each other as well. :)

Its not the damage that i'm worried about. i can out heal that. Its that freaking root.

I'd like to see the memory leak fix so i dont have to relog after a few hours gameplay to get my game effects back.

Also fix the random "you cant see your target" bug when its standing right in front of me.

But if you can heal through the damage what difference does it make if you are rooted or not ? :p Also classes get root dispells at later levels, I think all Melee classes get some form of snare/root removal.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

Again, it goes for both sides.
Have you ever been in the HE vs. DE scenarios. There has been identical stuff there, but with Sorcerers instead of Bright Wizards.
It helps to see the whole picture.
(and yeah, I found it annoying as hell to to be rooted by those Sorcs, but I'm not crying nerf)

As for the "you can't see your target" bug, I can only agree on that :)
Let's not forget the "target is unattackable" bug

rynnor

Rockhound
But if you can heal through the damage what difference does it make if you are rooted or not ? :p Also classes get root dispells at later levels, I think all Melee classes get some form of snare/root removal.

I cant out heal that on my zealot even stacking hot's/absorb barrier/insta morale heal and spamming the base heal its just too much burst.

Tbh tho I faced that in a scenario once and after they pulverized the group the first time we adapted and fought them on the bridge (that breaks line of sight), generally harassed them and avoided facing them in places without cover and we won (just!).

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I cant out heal that on my zealot even stacking hot's/absorb barrier/insta morale heal and spamming the base heal its just too much burst.

Tbh tho I faced that in a scenario once and after they pulverized the group the first time we adapted and fought them on the bridge (that breaks line of sight), generally harassed them and avoided facing them in places without cover and we won (just!).

exactly, learn, adapt, overcome.

Not whine, bitch and call nerf to one ability (without actually implying the fix should also be applied to the dest counterpart) lol wish a few more people would get this concept

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie

i can out heal 1. I have tons of willpower. But 5, and being shouted at by groupmates to heal them too.

And no i havent seen it on our side because i only play Mourkain Temple scenario. It has about a 30 seconds queue wait time each round and is a 50/50 win/lose rate. :)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
rooted or not u got 5 ppl on you your dying anyway :p unless someone blockes them for you to do one round the back.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not gonna say anymore. we'll see what happens, But i'm hoping for bug fixes. :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I'll just say it again...
Let's wait till most people are level 40 and when Big Boy RvR will be common.
Then we'll see what needs balancing and what is fine as it is.

pito

Loyal Freddie
seriosly one week old and ppl aleady calling for nerfs?? please dont tell me i have another WOW in my hands cause if i have i will stop playing right now before it gets stupid!!!
what i am hoping to see are many many bug fix like the memory leaks the u cant atatck that bug thatt when u root soemthing in pve still follows you smaking you (and no i am not a BW i am a sorceress neither am i a sanwich with out the cheese nor soem kid 27 year old man here thank u very much) but what i would like the most to be fixed is teh bloody ques i mean 45 min to log in into kara eight peaks is juts plain stupid and unfortunatley i am not sure if wnough ppl will go with the cloaning is a good idead but not sure enough ppl belive on it or thhink is a good idea so when we have more than 3 no life americans at lvl 40 i think ill be a good idea if we alll just enjoy teh game and see then what class changes need to be addressed so to all of u so called grown ups moaing about teh BW grow up get to 40 then u will see who really needs teh nerf till then learn to play adapt and if u need ur mummy to hold ur hand caus eu are getting pawnd then maybe war is not teh game for u and maybe u shoudl go back to WOW

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
seriosly one week old and ppl aleady calling for nerfs?? please dont tell me i have another WOW in my hands cause if i have i will stop playing right now before it gets stupid!!!
what i am hoping to see are many many bug fix like the memory leaks the u cant atatck that bug thatt when u root soemthing in pve still follows you smaking you (and no i am not a BW i am a sorceress neither am i a sanwich with out the cheese nor soem kid 27 year old man here thank u very much) but what i would like the most to be fixed is teh bloody ques i mean 45 min to log in into kara eight peaks is juts plain stupid and unfortunatley i am not sure if wnough ppl will go with the cloaning is a good idead but not sure enough ppl belive on it or thhink is a good idea so when we have more than 3 no life americans at lvl 40 i think ill be a good idea if we alll just enjoy teh game and see then what class changes need to be addressed so to all of u so called grown ups moaing about teh BW grow up get to 40 then u will see who really needs teh nerf till then learn to play adapt and if u need ur mummy to hold ur hand caus eu are getting pawnd then maybe war is not teh game for u and maybe u shoudl go back to WOW

Wow...let's calm down...no point getting worked up.
There'll always be whiners and people crying for nerf. This is older than WoW (MMO players have always done this. Hell, during the days of UO and Everquest there were people crying for nerfs, and most WoW-players were pre-schoolers then).
Also, Punctuation is your friend when typing text.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
You use the term nerf bat and then suggest you just want A skill fixed and no nerf to the class. If I look through this thread there are numerous people implying the class needs nerfing (co-incidentally not mentioning anything about a mirror nerf to the sorceror lol :rollseyes: )

Its far to early in the game to be calling nerfs and yes I dont want to see my class nerfed because quite frankly it doesnt need nerfing. It serves its purpose. Its an RDPS class, an exceptionally squishy RDPS class with the added threat of self harm. Dont you think with that kind of survivability and dodgy self damaging mechanics that we deserve high dmg output ? one AOE root doesnt make or break the game, your just pissed because you have been on the receiving end a few times and it hasnt worked out in your favour.

There is nothing wrong with the BW, the firecage might not be functioning as intended but still no need for this rubbish nerf calling after a week of play. This is turning into wow all over again.

Furthermore I'm not a kid, im a 25 year old woman and dont appreciate being refered to as 'a kid'

Stop thinking like one then.. Anyone with just a wiff of a clue knows the two sides have simular classes, so it kinda goes without saying that its bouth BW´s and Sorcs.
Altho i have no idear if the bug is present on the Sorc root, since i never played against one. Therefor i refer only to BW´s..

I call it a fix, and i edited the previous post 30 secs after post, but i guess the fotm´s playing BW´s would see it as a nerf, correct?

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Stop thinking like one then.. Anyone with just a wiff of a clue knows the two sides have simular classes, so it kinda goes without saying that its bouth BW´s and Sorcs.
Altho i have no idear if the bug is present on the Sorc root, since i never played against one. Therefor i refer only to BW´s..

I call it a fix, and i edited the previous post 30 secs after post, but i guess the fotm´s playing BW´s would see it as a nerf, correct?

OK, now you're making sense, and now I agree with what you say :)
I can confirm that the issue is the same for both, but I first want to see how resists come into play before crying nerf/fix/whatever

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved

They do get a CC remove ability - correct.
The problem is, the lack of DR and the amount of BW´s.. So even tho you remove one, you instantly get a second root from some other random BW..

Thats what takes the piss tbh, besides the fact that it never brakes on dmg as it should..

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
rooted or not u got 5 ppl on you your dying anyway :p unless someone blockes them for you to do one round the back.

Guess what happens when you get 5 bw´s on you? And guess what? We have no defence... Maybe every melee class should get a insta aoe 10 second silence buff??

Roflmfao...

But enough of this..

On topic, i seem to experience more and more ppl being "Out of range", when running right behind them in rvr. Would really like to see that fixed, and it seems to be happening more and more. Guess its part of a bigger issue tho.. Seems like server-side lag. And thats prolly whats cousing all the other "target is dead" "unable to attack" etc etc..

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Maybe every melee class should get a insta aoe 10 second silence buff??

Discord chosen gets a 30s cooldown shield that procs a 3s silence on anyone that casts a disrupt on him.. ;)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
It doesnt go without saying, you dont care because it doesnt effect you. I dont see masses of order bitching about the aoe root because guess what, they dont care.

Its not game breaking, it isnt a massive problem, you make it sound as though every RvR situation you play in you spend the entire fight fire caged.

Guess what happens when you get 5 bw´s on you? And guess what? We have no defence... Maybe every melee class should get a insta aoe 10 second silence buff??

err your melee ? you got shit loads of armour/health and that nifty thing in your backpack is called a shield, you can equip it and guess what!!!! ZOMG block incoming damage from all sources (INCLUDING SPELLS !! :eek:) and you also have healers on desto side ? correct me if I'm wrong. and if you are a marauder I just dont care because numerous times now I died to a marauder in less than 3 seconds when they got near me.

(Team Game, no I in team son)

ROFLMAOLOLTOMATOROFLCOPTER

If you are any other class than a melee then you are just bitching for the sake of it because I dont see how being rooted for 10 seconds, even 3 times in a row is going to impact on your game very much ESPECIALLY when you have people able to do the exact same thing on your side, and furthermore most melee classes seem to have some form of throwing ability ? which also incurs spell pushback.

Try thinking about a counter rather than bitching something is overpowered because you cant run at every BW you see and own them in the face hard.

If they gonna nerf fire cage then they will need to do something to counter it to increase BW survivability because anyone who's played a BW pre lvl 10 knows how shit it is once melee come anywhere near you, may as well lie down and die

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
It doesnt go without saying, you dont care because it doesnt effect you. I dont see masses of order bitching about the aoe root because guess what, they dont care.
Its not game breaking, it isnt a massive problem, you make it sound as though every RvR situation you play in you spend the entire fight fire caged.
err your melee ? you got shit loads of armour/health and that nifty thing in your backpack is called a shield, you can equip it and guess what!!!! ZOMG block incoming damage from all sources (INCLUDING SPELLS !! :eek:) and you also have healers on desto side ? correct me if I'm wrong. and if you are a marauder I just dont care because numerous times now I died to a marauder in less than 3 seconds when they got near me.
(Team Game, no I in team son)
ROFLMAOLOLTOMATOROFLCOPTER
If you are any other class than a melee then you are just bitching for the sake of it because I dont see how being rooted for 10 seconds, even 3 times in a row is going to impact on your game very much ESPECIALLY when you have people able to do the exact same thing on your side, and furthermore most melee classes seem to have some form of throwing ability ? which also incurs spell pushback.
Try thinking about a counter rather than bitching something is overpowered because you cant run at every BW you see and own them in the face hard.
If they gonna nerf fire cage then they will need to do something to counter it to increase BW survivability because anyone who's played a BW pre lvl 10 knows how shit it is once melee come anywhere near you, may as well lie down and die

Now that he did admit that the situation exists for both sides, I can agree on his point of view that Fire Cage/Grip Of fear needs to be fixed, because it's supposed to have a 50% resist chance, but at this very moment no-one was ever able to resist it and come out of it.

Since I've been playing White Lion till now, I can assure you that it's very annoying to be rooted without a chance of getting out and then be nuked by a full regiment of Casters.

Mind you, before I cry fix/nerf/whatever, I want to see the exact formula how the resistance against this is calculated.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
it aint so much about that, the first 3 posts alone in this thread all say nerf BW, its a crappy attitude to have towards a week old game.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
it aint so much about that, the first 3 posts alone in this thread all say nerf BW, its a crappy attitude to have towards a week old game.

True, but I look at it from all points of view.
Let's forget this discussion for now and check how this whole root-business evens out.

If there is really a bug, and the root doesn't break, then it should be fixed.
If the root breaks based on player resists, all will be fine once people will start getting decent resists.

So let's all calm down now, and stop arguing over a business that isn't worth it.

As for my plea on stuff to be fixed => Target can't be attacked.
That stuff does work on my nerves :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I play a WE, I have been rooted so many times to even remember.

Do I care? The answer is no, My role is to destroy casters, more times than not I get away with it. Sometimes they root me and I get ganked and on other occasions I get rooted and still manage to get away.

They are all situations that can happen when attacking a BW, it is part of the fun, will I survive this one or not? before I start hitting on them.

People go on as if all they ever fight is a sorc or a BW and that every time they face one they die every time. If this is the case I suggest another game.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I play a WE, I have been rooted so many times to even remember.

Do I care? The answer is no, My role is to destroy casters, more times than not I get away with it. Sometimes they root me and I get ganked and on other occasions I get rooted and still manage to get away.

They are all situations that can happen when attacking a BW, it is part of the fun, will I survive this one or not? before I start hitting on them.

People go on as if all they ever fight is a sorc or a BW and that every time they face one they die every time. If this is the case I suggest another game.

+rep +skills

Finally someone who gets it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom